stevieg8
BeautifulGame
Nishankly
McAgger
Art Morte
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Gera!!! Zidanesque goal....Only with our luck that happens.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm

we've looked incredibly poor in this second half, haven't threatened at all and have been giving up chance after chance... can't attack well OR defend well, we should be doing at least one even though we're down a man.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:43 pm

No agger for three games, zero points after four games , incredibaly poor performance should have conceded about 3 more goals , Suarez misses a couple easy chances, nothing's changed
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Terrible way to start the season.

1) The referee was terrible. Nothing more to be said here.

2) Defense looked shaky as hell. We're screaming for some depth at LB. Moving Johnson away from the right gets rid of a big threat we pose.

3) Midfield. Lucas still requires some match fitness. He moved ok, but his tackling wasn't very on point. Allen looked good and kept the game moving. Gerrard was awful today. Careless passing throughout the game.

4) Downing is shit. That's all.

5) Borini needs more time. Suarez needs to start finishing all those chances he creates. It's very aggravating watching that.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm

I think the first game butterflies had everyone nervous. We'll do much better after this game. One game is nothing. Hopefully the players don't give up right from the beginning.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Well that could not have gone much worse.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I think the first game butterflies had everyone nervous. We'll do much better after this game. One game is nothing. Hopefully the players don't give up right from the beginning.

The only issue is 3 of our next 4 games are aginst city, united and arsenal. Can see us losing all 3, if we draw against sunderland, thats 1 from 15 points. We really needed this win.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:30 pm

I think we'll win the games that are at Anfield...so we'll beat City, I'm pretty sure.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Agger banned for one game hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Nishank wrote:Agger banned for one game hmm

Did he get two yellows? or straight red?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm

That was dismal . . . period! Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Nishank wrote:Agger banned for one game hmm

Did he get two yellows? or straight red?

Straight Red, but it was a professional foul and not violent.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Guys, you should learn to expect more of this same shite away from home. I have firm believe we'll win 15+ games at Anfield this season, but will be shite away.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:46 pm

So agger is only 1 game not 3?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:03 pm

mr-r34 wrote:So agger is only 1 game not 3?

yeah
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Fulltime Highlights:

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Laughing

Imagine Carra against Tevez-Aguero next week :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Am happy that today i could link up again with you guys after fascinating moments on goal.com forum

Too bad it had to be a day of such great loss Sad ..............its not been easy for me having only to read what you guys are saying but cant contribute,glad that the story has changed now................its me rafa-benny
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:21 pm

HOXTYGEN wrote:Am happy that today i could link up again with you guys after fascinating moments on goal.com forum

Too bad it had to be a day of such great loss Sad ..............its not been easy for me having only to read what you guys are saying but cant contribute,glad that the story has changed now................its me rafa-benny

Heeey, Rafa-Benny, where you've been?? Great to have you back, buddy Very Happy
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Didn't watch the game but certainly not a result i expected! Liverpool play extremely poorly i imagine or WBA park the bus and hit 3 times on the counter?
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 pm

The only positive today for me was the play by Joe Allen. . that guy looked composed & calm! Could have been a different debut if the others turned up . . but sadly that is how it would be remembered! !
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:
HOXTYGEN wrote:Am happy that today i could link up again with you guys after fascinating moments on goal.com forum

Heeey, Rafa-Benny, where you've been?? Great to have you back, buddy Very Happy

been hanging around ever since goallegacy has been created,got problems registering so i gave up....its my lucky day today
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:55 am

Rafa-Benny, great to have you back mate.....we've lost a bunch LFC members when vbulletin forum closed.

Let's just hope the season turns for the better, this game was pathetic, but we all agreed that this system needs time. And hopefully we'll ripe the benefits of it come midseason.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 am

OMG...When I read the first set of comments on the first page of this thread...I can only imagine how torn apart some of you guys must be...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:04 am

Very very bad start to Rodgers' career at Liverpool.

Shankly did lose his first game 4-0 though, and we are a work in progress. Just give it time. We certainly did not deserve to lose 3-0 as the 1 man advantage to them was key on their scoreline and to their dominance towards the end.

That red card which was soft - but had to be given, as he was the last man, killed us. He will only miss 1 game - not 3 so hopefuly Jamie has what it takes to put in a performance against arguably the best attackers in the game. (I'd personally play Coates as he's already vsed Aguero in the Copa.)

We need to address the issues though.

Joe Cole should be no where near Liverpool Football Club, and Carroll was the only one to show some spirit upon coming on. We need to fix this belief of "we've copt a goal, we can't get back into it" away from home. It's depressing to watch and is nowhere we want to be.

To the players credit, we did put in some good attacking waves in the first half, but we need to finish the chances we make. Suarez missed atleast 4 key chances on his own.

Allen was great to watch and I feel he will be a big player here. Borini looked nervous, but think he'll be more comfortable at Anfield against City. His movement with Suarez also looks promising.

The player that upset me the most was Steven Gerrard. He showed no fight, spirit, leadership nor an attacking presence in the game - and a poor pass put WBA (then started to walk back) with the frontfoot as Agger was sent off trying to recover the ball.

Lucas is still recovering and will take him a while before finding some form. Really feel as if we should play Henderson instead of him right now, as we are in no position to risk losing him again.

Oh, and to end it, this means we'll finish on 111 points, not 114. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:57 am

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum