Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro

+7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
Le Samourai
Luca
Onyx
7amood11
Juveman17
11 posters

Go down

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro Empty Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:52 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/08/01/3280093/juventus-are-still-weaker-than-manchester-united-and-real-madrid-

Fabio Cannavaro has played down Juventus' prospects of winning the Champions League next season, claiming his former club still lack the means to challenge the continent's greats on an even footing.

The Old Lady were crowned Italian champions last season, and will return to Europe's premier club competition following a two-year hiatus.

Despite the Turin giants enjoying a strong transfer campaign thus far, Cannavaro still believes Antonio Conte's outfit will need more time before European success returns to the club.

"Even with the new acquisitions, Juventus still are a level below Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid," the World Cup winner lamented to Tuttosport.

"Their return next season will coincide with getting a taste of European action again, before they can realistically think about becoming champions there."

The likes of Conte, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe currently face the prospect of bans after becoming implicated in investigations surrounding a domestic betting scandal, but Cannavaro is confident Juventus will be able to cope all the same.

"Conte's absence will be heavy, but the group at Juventus have been tested before. Thanks to the experience of his men, I am sure he will not be missed.

"[Salvatore] Bocchetti will be an excellent replacement for Bonucci. He has enjoyed an excellent spell in Russia, and could make an excellent signing for the club."

Cannavaro, 38, enjoyed two spells playing in the Bianconeri's colours, before retiring from football with UAE side Al Ahli in 2010.

---------------------------------------------------------

Any opinions on this? I personally believe Juve are still behind the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca. But I don't rate Man Utd very highly right now and I would go so far and claim we are equal to Man Utd. But, the Barca and Real are on a whole other level.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro Empty Re: Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro

Post by 7amood11 Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:54 pm

This season in the CL will show where we stand.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro Empty Re: Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Man Utd were close to winning the EPL last year. I think Cannavaro's saying the truth here.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:Man Utd were close to winning the EPL last year. I think Cannavaro's saying the truth here.

Yeah, me too
While I don't rate the current United squad that highly either. They are a force each and every season

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I honestly don't know how we will perform in the CL but this year will be a good test for us.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't even bother to rate United by squad strength anymore...analysing their weaknesses and shit they can sometimes seem weak but they're winners.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Fergie factor. But seems right to me especially Man U being level with Madrid.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

United's squad is incredibly underrated, CM and fullback aside it's very strong.

Yes mentality and Fergie factor is a big thing why they are still feared but let's not act like they lack quality and only competing because of mentality and Fergie.

I agree with Cannavaro tbh, Juve need to prove themselves first just like how Madrid needed to after years of flopping at CL level.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

#solorubare
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

#scudetto Laughing

OT I agree with others. but i think we are a lot closer to united currently, people forget how misrable they were in europe too last year but to be fair to them they were missing some big players, mainly Vidic.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:United's squad is incredibly underrated, CM and fullback aside it's very strong.

Yes mentality and Fergie factor is a big thing why they are still feared but let's not act like they lack quality and only competing because of mentality and Fergie.

I agree with Cannavaro tbh, Juve need to prove themselves first just like how Madrid needed to after years of flopping at CL level.

Well put I do agree.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:04 pm

#thieves.

another scudetto that you stole. lol..

dumb thread anyway. jube haven't won a match outside of italy in like 5 years. lulzzz
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Rossonero23 wrote:#thieves.

dumb thread anyway. jube haven't won a match outside of italy in like 5 years. lulzzz

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro 8bzBO

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Luca wrote:

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro 8bzBO

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro 531174_10150989575453865_1134059001_n
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Rossonero23 wrote:
Luca wrote:

Juventus are still weaker than Manchester United and Real Madrid, claims Fabio Cannavaro 531174_10150989575453865_1134059001_n

Nice one

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Enough.

Didn't I mention I wanted to watch Yann Sommer - er, Basel vs Molde??? I have no time for this b*tchfest.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm

last warning Rossonero23.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down