Blue Barrett
the xcx
Gil
44 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Oscar - Page 6 Empty Re: Oscar

Post by S Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If he can deal with the Brazilian fans expectations i don't see Chelsea expectations would be an issue.....

Chill out..LOL..

Only recently that he's got into the Brazil NT..How in the hell would 'Brazil Fans' have expectations in the first place..Yeah sure,when he becomes a 'star' for Chelsea then the Brazil Fans would expect him to reproduce the goods come 2014 WC.There will be a lot of expectations then.

I agree with your points here but seriously this is just insane overrating.lol..He is still a baby in Brazil NT as of now.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Can Oscar be compared with Modric?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Gil wrote:Alot of people getting owned on here. Laughing

Mole :bow:

Love how people just bluntly claim Chelsea are only signing attacking midfielders despite probably never seeing any of those players, well......ever.

Hazard who's played on the left wing pretty much his entire career is suddenly an attacking midfielder, same with Marin. And had an agreement to play #10 even though he's always been half the player in that position the few times Rudi Garcia has played him there.

Oscar despite his versatility for both his club & country can only be played in one position. scratch

Lampard who was converted into a DM last season will take minutes away from Oscar.

etc etc

Agree with much of that, as I don't feel they'll all play as CAM - but do you honestly believe that he'll have the time of Lucas Leiva to settle down? Or do you think he'll bottle it under the pressure? To be fair, I'm only basing this on around 4-5 games I've seen from him, so I could be wrong. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

ynwa wrote:I don't know tbh... the fans on this website are great and are actually patient, but the ones that go to the ground every game demand asap...
The same fans that were patient with Lampard(despite being a West Ham boy) until he started performing well? The same fans that have been patient with Torres? I don't have to go on listing different examples but I can assure you that the fans will be patient with him.

pressure can get to you at a young age, and don't feel as if he's mentality strong enough to come over the top.
Well you don't know this. Wink

Don't really see RDM as a man management coach also...
What??? That man management is the MAIN reason he was able to win the CL with that squad last season.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:Can Oscar be compared with Modric?

Definitely not. As much as I hate Spurs, Modric is one of the best players in the world playing in the role he does whilst Oscar is still devoloping as a young player...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Surag wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If he can deal with the Brazilian fans expectations i don't see Chelsea expectations would be an issue.....

Chill out..LOL..

Only recently that he's got into the Brazil NT..How in the hell would 'Brazil Fans' have expectations in the first place..Yeah sure,when he becomes a 'star' for Chelsea then the Brazil Fans would expect him to reproduce the goods come 2014 WC.There will be a lot of expectations then.

I agree with your points here but seriously this is just insane overrating.lol..He is still a baby in Brazil NT as of now.
not sure if serious..there isnt another role that has more pressure than our #10...our team gets criticized by the media even when we win the WC,you have no idea how much pressure is being put on these players to win the olympics and the 2014 WC
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm

ynwa wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Can Oscar be compared with Modric?

Definitely not. As much as I hate Spurs, Modric is one of the best players in the world playing in the role he does whilst Oscar is still devoloping as a young player...

No I mean in terms of position.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

ynwa wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:If I may ask, how much do YOU value him at?

Around 15m ish.

[Before you mention Carroll and Downing, I rate them at 15m and 12m tops respectively.]

You can ask Red, I personally never rated the two and didn't really want them at Liverpool that much - but supported them when they came at the club.

I even told Mole that Carroll was as good as N'gog back then! Saying that, Carroll does have the higher ceiling but will definitely never be worth 25m we paid him for. Though, we did make around 10m from shirt sales [not sure if true, remember it somewhere off a RAWK post so don't quote me on that one] so if we sell him for around 20m, and sign a striker perhaps like Loic Remy, I'll be pleased. I'd much rather Andy at LFC though, as I have this wierd feeling that he'll be great under Rodgers. Not sure sure why so don't ask!
And he was bought for £19M. How is that the same as "wasting money on Downing"? Neutral
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
ynwa wrote:I don't know tbh... the fans on this website are great and are actually patient, but the ones that go to the ground every game demand asap...
The same fans that were patient with Lampard(despite being a West Ham boy) until he started performing well? The same fans that have been patient with Torres? I don't have to go on listing different examples but I can assure you that the fans will be patient with him.

pressure can get to you at a young age, and don't feel as if he's mentality strong enough to come over the top.
Well you don't know this. Wink

Don't really see RDM as a man management coach also...
What??? That man management is the MAIN reason he was able to win the CL with that squad last season.

I've never learnt how how to multi quote since the transition from the goal.com forums to here - so apologies...

But I've seen Torres get boo'd at times... and you guys weren't fighting for the league every season when Lamps was signed... times have changed and a lot of the fans demand ASAP now - it's the new 'revelation' (not sure if right word) fans of this new era...

Of course I know. Wink
Happens at every club though. You need to be mentally strong to compete with the best - you can't deny that.

Havn't seen it tbh. He may have a great relationship with the older players [likes of Terry and Lampard] but havn't seen anything to suggest that he's great with the "newer" signings. Could of been out of context, but in the semi-final of the CL when you kicked out Barca, Torres didn't really "care" when RDM jumped on him... [hard to explain the picture whilst seeing two noses of Neymar in your sig. LOL]
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Oscar played on the right last night too, versitile.com

Chelsea have always needed a person to dicate from deep ala Modric, no reason why Oscar can't do it. Price wise and value etc I prefer him to Modric albeit hes probably not quite at that level yet.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Ganso wrote:not sure if serious..there isnt another role that has more pressure than our #10...our team gets criticized by the media even when we win the WC,you have no idea how much pressure is being put on these players to win the olympics and the 2014 WC

And Oscar has already won the Olympic gold as well as WC for Brazil, yeah ?

Look i am not saying he cant handle expectations of the Brazilian fans..but how can you claim that he's perfectly able to handle their expectations when he's made just a handful of appearances for the NT and yet to compete in those tournaments mentioned above.That would be a tad bit of presuming.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Barrettinator wrote:And he was bought for £19M. How is that the same as "wasting money on Downing"? Neutral

Based on stats, Downing was supposed to impress - but buckled under the pressure from the English media as you need to be mentally strong [Rafa Benitez was right all along] when looking at a player to sign.

Unless Oscar has that mentality, he's going to find it very hard to settle in England - again my opiniong.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm

ynwa wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:If I may ask, how much do YOU value him at?
and sign a striker perhaps like Loic Remy, I'll be pleased.

Too bad that he's ours Very Happy

Also i was always joking about Carroll so i agree with you Very Happy

Also Surag i dont know what you are on lol, i'm chill i was just making a point Laughing

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Mano "We don't hand out the #10 shirt to just anybody" Afro
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
If you're judging all of this based on last season then I don't know what to tell you.

He HAD to play the experienced players last season based on the situation he was trying to pull the club out of. Same way he HAD to use defensive tactics against the likes of Barca & Bayern.

Did you see Bertrand start in the CL final? How old is he? Okay then... smoking

sorry are you saying Bertand would have played if chelsea didnt have, what, 5 suspended players? 3 of those being players who would have started in the back 4.

and i guess time will tell how di matteo runs the team this year as it is a fairly different squad, but if i had to go with my gut i would say oscar plays a rotational role his first season because di matteo will favor lampard.

if it was avb this wouldnt even be a debate.

:facepalm:

You actually think Frank is going to play every game? Neutral

where did i say lampard will play every game?

and really facepalm for saying di matteo would favor lampard.. people are abusing smilies on this forum- stop trying to be cute and start trying to make some actual points.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Anyway, enough Chelsea talk... Joe Allen with Borini to LFC is a major burn to Chelsea! With that, I'm out... Heart
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm

ynwa wrote:Anyway, enough Chelsea talk... Joe Allen with Borini to LFC is a major burn to Chelsea! With that, I'm out... Heart
Borini may be a hit or miss for your lot. Obviously I hate that he joined LFC.

I don't see how Joe Allen has anything to do with Chelsea though. Neutral
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
If you're judging all of this based on last season then I don't know what to tell you.

He HAD to play the experienced players last season based on the situation he was trying to pull the club out of. Same way he HAD to use defensive tactics against the likes of Barca & Bayern.

Did you see Bertrand start in the CL final? How old is he? Okay then... smoking

sorry are you saying Bertand would have played if chelsea didnt have, what, 5 suspended players? 3 of those being players who would have started in the back 4.

and i guess time will tell how di matteo runs the team this year as it is a fairly different squad, but if i had to go with my gut i would say oscar plays a rotational role his first season because di matteo will favor lampard.

if it was avb this wouldnt even be a debate.

:facepalm:

You actually think Frank is going to play every game? Neutral

where did i say lampard will play every game?

and really facepalm for saying di matteo would favor lampard.. people are abusing smilies on this forum- stop trying to be cute and start trying to make some actual points.

Your "not going to bench Lampard" stance implies that. Lampard will NOT play as much as last season and he understands that already. Asides that, Oscar is versatile enough to be able to start or play in up to 40 matches(or more) at the very least.

Don't know what problem you have with smilies. scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 pm

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

thats how i feel about your post and is the same reason why i think smilies are stupid and overused- because there was no substance to your original response you just put them in to be cute.

but anyways saying lampard will be favored to start over oscar doesnt imply that lampard will play every game it implies that oscar will not merely 'walk in' to a starting spot

oscar is extremely talented but with a coach that will again be fighting to keep his job hes going to go with players that will be a lower risk like lampard and ramirez.

this is just my opinion how ever, so if you feel oscar will be undisputed starter than that is your choice and we will just have to disagree and wait for the start of the season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:27 pm

vanDEEZ wrote: scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

thats how i feel about your post and is the same reason why i think smilies are stupid and overused- because there was no substance to your original response you just put them in to be cute.

but anyways saying lampard will be favored to start over oscar doesnt imply that lampard will play every game it implies that oscar will not merely 'walk in' to a starting spot

oscar is extremely talented but with a coach that will again be fighting to keep his job hes going to go with players that will be a lower risk like lampard and ramirez.

this is just my opinion how ever, so if you feel oscar will be undisputed starter than that is your choice and we will just have to disagree and wait for the start of the season.
You are seriously getting ticked off by mere smilies? LMAO! rofl If you feel they are overused then that's not my problem. You can talk to a mod Very Happy

And I never said Oscar will "walk into the team". I did say he may not start right away - which he most likely wouldn't - but by mid season he'll be a starter.

If you're going to claim RDM will go with "lower risk players" you might as well say Hazard will not start as well. Afterall we can play Benayoun/Sturridge in that position, can't we?

Again, I never said he's already an undisputed starter.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 pm

maybe you didnt say that oscar will 'walk in' to the team but thats what i was debating.
--my original conversation wasnt with you, read back to educate yourself on what i was saying and who i was saying it to because mole seemed to think he would 'walk in'

and really you think oscar is on the same level as hazard? have had the same experience? same hype?

because you just assumed that i think both hazard and oscar are higher risk players than benayoun/sturridge and lampard/ramirez respectively.

--and not i dont think hazard is a higher risk than benayoun/sturridge but i do think oscar is a higher risk than lampard/ramirez

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Future blackpool legend.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Nameless wrote:Future blackpool legend.
Oscar - Page 6 2edz0v5.jpg
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 pm

there's a high risk of a flop here. oscar is great, but we all know what happens with most, nearly all offensive brazilian players in england. sorry chelsea & EPL fans but it's true. i also think that oscar likes to play in a team that keeps possession and attacks, so either chelsea will change their style from the last few months or they will change Oscar, which could mean ruining him - or not.

either way, i wish him the best of luck, as i think he should be our #10 at the next WC. he has a lot of promise and i hope he shines, ending this "Brazilians mostly flop in England" thing

P.S. he better get playing time. he's young, will make mistakes, and needs to learn.
P.P.S. yes I wish he'd stayed at Inter.
P.P.P.S this probably means that Ganso will move to Inter lol
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:54 am

Barrettinator wrote:Borini may be a hit or miss for your lot. Obviously I hate that he joined LFC.

Chelsea fans on this forum wanted him. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:56 am

ynwa wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Borini may be a hit or miss for your lot. Obviously I hate that he joined LFC.

Chelsea fans on this forum wanted him. Razz
I didn't. :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content