Spain don't deserve to be called an "attacking" team ever again until VDB leaves

+31
SchinnerC
the xcx
Eivindo
Blue Barrett
Jack Daniels
The Franchise
Ganso
Rebaño Sagrado
TheRedStag
Sushi Master
messixaviesta
billy_gr
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Tifoso Romanista
Le Samourai
Babun
S
Gemini
Zealous
harhar11
gondov
Swanhends
Kingofeverythingclassy
julias
Die Borussen
aleumdance
Onyx
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
35 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Spain don't deserve to be called an "attacking" team ever again until VDB leaves - Page 3 Empty Re: Spain don't deserve to be called an "attacking" team ever again until VDB leaves

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Spain imo are the best defensive team in the world.

TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spain don't deserve to be called an "attacking" team ever again until VDB leaves - Page 3 Empty Re: Spain don't deserve to be called an "attacking" team ever again until VDB leaves

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Notice how as soon as VDB plays forwards they start creating chances?

What a weird coincidence hmm

alfred, running behind the defense is key as we had discussed on the Barca forum before. Having Pedro and Navas on either side changes things. For all the criticism Del Bosque has got see how he went for it. In extra time only one team attacked.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:07 pm

harhar11 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:They started creating when Xavi came off Laughing

VDB :bow:

fixd

Fixed
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:They started creating when Xavi came off Laughing

VDB :bow:

fixd

Fixed

You just made a useless post (as always) because Pedro came in for Xavi. And it wasnt changing Xavi that made Spain play beter, it was that they got a player who makes run behind e defence. If Spain would have change Xabi instead of Xavi then the outcome would have been the same.

And btw, I have always said that Xavi has been average for Spain ever since Del Bosque became the coach. Ad the reason for that is Xabi Alonso..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Spain have conceded one goal in this tournament, they are amazingly good at restricting chances given to opponents.

I was so afraid Pique would gift a goal to Portugal.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Sushi Master wrote::bow:

Thank you. That's my exact same opinion on the matter. Holy shit was the 2010 WC run a sleep fest.

I'd rather watch a team turtle it up for 90 mins than that borefest. At least you'd then get sudden changes in tempo.

tbh, Germanys games, apart against Greece, at this Euro haven't exactly been enterertaining either..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 pm

harhar11 wrote:You just made a useless post (as always) because Pedro came in for Xavi. And it wasnt changing Xavi that made Spain play beter, it was that they got a player who makes run behind e defence. If Spain would have change Xabi instead of Xavi then the outcome would have been the same.

And btw, I have always said that Xavi has been average for Spain ever since Del Bosque became the coach. Ad the reason for that is Xabi Alonso..

You just made a butthurt and defensive comment(as always) because I mentioned your little vagi and I wasn't serious btw Laughing

The reason for Xavi being average is the double pivot so you can include biscuits in that...
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Who cares about Xavi ffs.

The leader of men, the captain of souls

Sergio Ramos :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
harhar11 wrote:You just made a useless post (as always) because Pedro came in for Xavi. And it wasnt changing Xavi that made Spain play beter, it was that they got a player who makes run behind e defence. If Spain would have change Xabi instead of Xavi then the outcome would have been the same.

You just made a butthurt and defensive comment(as always) because I mentioned your little vagi and I wasn't serious btw Laughing

The reason for Xavi being average is the double pivot so you can include biscuits in that...

How is admitting that one of my favorite players is playing mediocre being bitter? I just thought that your post was a useless one because you made that post only to attack a Barca player, once again, as always.

The reason why Xavi is playing so badly is partly because of the double pivot but mostly because Alonso is occupying Xavis position and job.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Notice how as soon as VDB plays forwards they start creating chances?

What a weird coincidence hmm

alfred, running behind the defense is key as we had discussed on the Barca forum before. Having Pedro and Navas on either side changes things. For all the criticism Del Bosque has got see how he went for it. In extra time only one team attacked.
Perhaps he will learn from his mistakes (which he fixed with subs, to his credit) for the final. Something tells me he's going to be stubborn and stick to the no-forward gameplan.

Btw it's good to see you around JD Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:40 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

How is admitting that one of my favorite players is playing mediocre being bitter? I just thought that your post was a useless one because you made that post only to attack a Barca player, once again, as always.

The reason why Xavi is playing so badly is partly because of the double pivot but mostly because Alonso is occupying Xavis position and job.

Everyone is out of Position, Busquets, Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, they are all out of position, but if Alonso underwhelms, he is a cancer, he is not good enough, if Xavi underwhelms, it's Alonso's fault.

Great players make the best of the circumstances given and i still think the Xavi of old could re-appear and do just that in the final.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:47 pm

harhar11 wrote:

Thank you. That's my exact same opinion on the matter. Holy shit was the 2010 WC run a sleep fest.

I'd rather watch a team turtle it up for 90 mins than that borefest. At least you'd then get sudden changes in tempo.

tbh, Germanys games, apart against Greece, at this Euro haven't exactly been enterertaining either..
Hell, even Copa América had some boring games... it seems to be a trend nowadays for NT sides to focus on tactical balance rather than entertaining play.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Hell, even Copa América had some boring games... it seems to be a trend nowadays for NT sides to focus on tactical balance rather than entertaining play.
not like CL has been much different tbh....

this euro is being fun imo bar the spain games
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Spain pass % today after 90 minutes was 75%...poor.

To me, it just indicates the lesser standard of NT football. Such turnovers at club level get punished, here Portugal didnt even get a shot on target from it.

Barca would struggle horribly if they had 75% and less than 60%, teams are just too good to allow that.

Not Alonso's fault, but fact is he isnt the passer Xavi is and isnt as consistent as a passer either. This is a by product of that too, forcing Xavi so far out of position equals less touches and less touches from Xavi has this kind of influence.

Xavi has no role on this team, like I said before, I dont recall a player of this level at this stage of his career being misued in such a way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Paul Scholes for his entire career? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Everyone is out of Position, Busquets, Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, they are all out of position, but if Alonso underwhelms, he is a cancer, he is not good enough, if Xavi underwhelms, it's Alonso's fault.

Great players make the best of the circumstances given and i still think the Xavi of old could re-appear and do just that in the final.

Istn Alonso playing at his natural position?

@ the franchise wasnt scholes missused at the same way?

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Busquets is occupying Alonso's space, as is Xavi, he isn't getting the full chance to recycle posession like he wants to , or dictate the game because both of them take over at times as well.

All 3 are basically fighting over scraps at the moment.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Scholes is a good shout. But then again, its different in a way.

Scholes NEVER got to play his position. Xavi played his position for years and now, at the tail end of his peak he has been shifted. Dont see that often at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree with franchise..

Xavi is useless in this format.

therefore....

He should be benched. albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Busquets is occupying Alonso's space, as is Xavi, he isn't getting the full chance to recycle posession like he wants to , or dictate the game because both of them take over at times as well.

All 3 are basically fighting over scraps at the moment.

Admittedly I dont watch alot of Real Madrid, but doesnt he always seems to play beside a DM like he is doing at the NT..

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Agree Josh, but many times we saw Busquets got into the back to form a back 3 when Portugal pressured. Xabi Alonso could then be the first man to pick up the ball from the CBs while Xavi is 30m higher up.

Alonso and Busi are very comfortable doing thats, it happens for thier clubs all the time. But Xavi no, he isnt ever doing things he does at club level.

Even when Busi wasnt dropping into the backline, it was Alonso more often than not that got the first ball from the back.

To me, while its not perfect for Alonso, his role is much closer to his usual role than it is for the other 2.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Xavi shouldnt be benched, he should retire.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:I agree with franchise..

Xavi is useless in this format.

therefore....

He should be benched. albino

Or better yet, use the old system. Shocking, I know.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:Xavi shouldnt be benched, he should retire.
Nah.. He should be benched. albino

harhar11 wrote:Or better yet, use the old system. Shocking, I know.
Don't get hurt by a little joke now son.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm

My god do I hate Spanish football!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Xavi shouldnt be benched, he should retire.
Nah.. He should be benched. albino

harhar11 wrote:Or better yet, use the old system. Shocking, I know.
Don't get hurt by a little joke now son.

Was joking as well, hence the shocking part Thumbs up

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next