Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

+5
Dante
Die Borussen
Eivindo
the xcx
Arquitecto
9 posters

Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Xavi is confident “Italy will reach the Euro 2012 quarter-finals along with Spain, as our mentality doesn’t let us play for a draw.”

The Azzurri will be eliminated if Spain-Croatia ends 2-2, a situation identical to the one that saw them knocked out of Euro 2004 by Denmark and Sweden.

“We are not accustomed to playing for a 2-2. Our mentality doesn’t let us play for a draw, as we always go out for the win,” assured Xavi.

“I am sure Italy will reach the Euro 2012 quarter-finals along with Spain. After our own team, Italy are the ones who impressed me the most in the tournament so far.

“Cesare Prandelli has given a great shape to a team that really reminds me of the one that took the World Cup in 2006.”


As much as Xavi's words are appreciated.

My prediction differs as I am 100% confident that Croatia will go through with Espana.













Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Cr_mega_995_XaviFeb23


Last edited by Arquitecto on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11728
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

:I'mveryunoriginal:


Last edited by Nameless on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Indeed, Xavi will be deceived.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2742
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

As much as Xavi's words are appreciated.

My prediction differs as I am 100% confident that Croatia will go through with Espana.



so you believe italy wont win? or croatia will not lose?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm

deadrave wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

As much as Xavi's words are appreciated.

My prediction differs as I am 100% confident that Croatia will go through with Espana.



so you believe italy wont win? or croatia will not lose?

I believe many scenarios. I predict Italia won't prevail against Ireland which will end either a loss or a draw for Italia. If Italia do win I predict a draw between Croatia and Espana.

I do not see Italia going through.

Mark my words.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11728
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Dante Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't think Italy will go out tonight mate , i agree with Vagi .

I am not sure if Italy are that impressive as he claims , but they have a strong team nevertheless , capable of dealing with any situation on the field . Pirlo , Buffon , Di Natale , De Rossi and Cassano are on great form as well , it will show tonight .

Ireland has dissapointed so far , though they ve been a bit unlucky as well. Italy definitely has what it takes to win Ireland if they don't underestimate them and Spain being the gloryhunters they are , they will have fun with Croatia , since i have noticed they aren't so well organised without the ball.

Ok , this could depend on many things during a game , but i stand by it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

The thing I fear about Ireland is that:

1. Italia have an atrocious record against Ireland and even lost to Trap's Ireland 2-0 last time they met. Prandelli is also playing a 4-3-1-2 which didn't work to well against Trap (although Italia are known to be shit at friendlies). Prandelli also made a statement that Il Trap knows Italia too well. Why? Trap works closely off duty with many Italian associates and is related well into Calcio. 2nd, Prandelli was also one of his protege's as old and wise trap will surely know some of his tendencies. Following through, Trap imo will know this Italia better than anyone within the tournament.

2. Prandelli will apparently play Motta as TQ Laughing

3. Ireland will want to salvage some pride and will be spurned on from the recent criticism. A team with nothing to lose and the factor named above is quite dangerous. Italia themselves despite being mentally strong will be under more pressure than one likes to think.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11728
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm

If Prandelli plays the 4-3-1-2 then Italy's hopes of qualification are definitely slimmer.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Dont you think that because Ireland are out of this tournament they may not take this match seriously?And also Trap is Italian.
Also I think this pressure may be good for Italy and may cause them to play well.Although Im Irish, I hope Italy qualify because we are already out of the tournament and Italy progressing would make the tournament more exciting.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 1730
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:46 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:Dont you think that because Ireland are out of this tournament they may not take this match seriously?And also Trap is Italian.
Also I think this pressure may be good for Italy and may cause them to play well.Although Im Irish, I hope Italy qualify because we are already out of the tournament and Italy progressing would make the tournament more exciting.

Ireland are a country with too much pride to go out with 0 points in a tournament like the Euros.

Plus they are lead by Trap who doesn't settle for such an attitude. They current status of Ireland will actually give them a somewhat mental advantage imo.

Trap may be Italian but he simply has too much honor to succumb to his home nation's desires while sacrificing his own teams pride.

I appreciate your sentiments on wanting for Italia to go through yet I see Ireland going out with a fight...even if they are eliminated.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11728
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Doc Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 pm

I have on my hater cap today and it has Italian National Team written on it. Come one Ireland, let this hater be happy...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15768
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Zero Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Doc wrote:I have on my hater cap today and it has Italian National Team written on it. Come one Ireland, let this hater be happy...

Same here. Afro
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Dante Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:The thing I fear about Ireland is that:

1. Italia have an atrocious record against Ireland and even lost to Trap's Ireland 2-0 last time they met. Prandelli is also playing a 4-3-1-2 which didn't work to well against Trap (although Italia are known to be shit at friendlies). Prandelli also made a statement that Il Trap knows Italia too well. Why? Trap works closely off duty with many Italian associates and is related well into Calcio. 2nd, Prandelli was also one of his protege's as old and wise trap will surely know some of his tendencies. Following through, Trap imo will know this Italia better than anyone within the tournament.

2. Prandelli will apparently play Motta as TQ Laughing

3. Ireland will want to salvage some pride and will be spurned on from the recent criticism. A team with nothing to lose and the factor named above is quite dangerous. Italia themselves despite being mentally strong will be under more pressure than one likes to think.


If Prandelli really plays Motta as TQ tonight , maybe i should stop thinking that highly about him.. lol

What you said about pressure and Trap knowing Italy are well legit. But the most important to tell about tonights game are the players and what's at stake .

Italy has to win at all costs tonight , while Ireland can't care less for the outcome , other than pride . Ok , it's always legit but practicaly speaking , Italia will have something concrete to try for. But i guess you can see this either way.

Moving on from this . Italy has everything it takes to win Ireland in every single departement on the pitch ,even off.

If they are eliminated tonight , let's assume for the sake of the discussion , it will be because of Croatia , not because they didn't win .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana' Empty Re: Xavi: 'Italia will qualify with Espana'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum