Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012 - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012

+14
Babun
Art Morte
Roarcelona
TheRedStag
che
Abramovich
Gil
Arquitecto
Adit
EarlyPrototype
Kick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
bvb_11
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012

Post by TheRedStag Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
P.S. Mole are you still hating on Liverpool at every given opportunity. Don't be so boring and predictable plus Kenny is gone now. Get a new hobby.

Hating? iam just stating facts that quite frankly Kelly, Henderson, Downing and arguably Carroll does'nt deserve to go to the Euros....

There's no logical footballing reason why any of them should be on the plane.

They are all good players, why shouldnt they be on the plane? Sure there are other options but they're the ones that got picked by the manager and they deserve it imo.

And you do enjoy hating on Liverpool. You've been doing it for about a year I'd say.

TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Another injury blow for England - Gary Cahill will miss Euro 2012

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah they are so great that made you finish below Everton for the first time in how long? Laughing

Also iam not hating iam just pointing out valid points or having some "banter"

I do it with most PL teams that are heavily represented here.... dont mean i hate them i do hate Dalglish though :coffee:

Dont hate Liverpool though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:55 pm

I know you hate Dalglish and it all stemmed from that. He is gone now so maybe you'll give it a rest. silent

Finishing below Everton? What is that the sole fault of Kelly, Carroll, Henderson and Downing?

Kelly has played consistently well for the England u-21's too so its not only based on his Liverpool performances I'd guess. He's a solid, strong defender.

Carroll ended the season well and thats what you want going into a major tournament. You want players in form. Who cares if they were playing well back in October?

Henderson imo had a good first season at Liverpool and I really don't understand why people dont like him. He is a tidy little player and will get better and better. And he too like Kelly has done well with the under age NT.

As for Downing, he usually plays well for England so why wouldnt he get chosen.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Kelly no because he hardly played ( another reason he should'nt be picked)

But it is the fault of Downing, Henderson and Carroll ( who was crap until last month or so).

Downing was one of the worse players in the league and Henderson is average.

Again i dont hate Liverpool because i criticize some of thier players dont mean i hate them i criticize them because i dont rate them and going by your league position in past season id say iam vindicated.

In any case i do the same to other teams players dont mean i hate them....

Quit playing the victim card, i think you find most of the country is laughing at the fact that Henderson, Downing and Kelly have been called up not just me.

And theres quite a lot that prefer Holt or Graham to Carroll as they have actually perform this season and both well into double figures unlike Carroll.

Not just me, doesnt mean the whole the country hates you though.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:16 pm

"But it is the fault of Downing, Henderson and Carroll"

I think there are far more people at fault. Its the fault of the whole squad of you ask me. To blame our 8th place finish on 3 players is dumb.

And I think you slight misinterpreted what I mean by "hating on Liverpool".

I don't think for the most part there is anything wrong with most of your criticisms. Usually they are justified.

Its just that you like to repeat your views. We know you dont rate those players so why keep saying it.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

This is the biggest injury blow of them all for England. Cahill was in good form and is better than Lescott, imo.

Mertens, what a scumbag. A stupid push in a friendly match and now a player will miss a major tournament. What a moron.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Alright i agree it is'nt just thier fault, but i still dont think they have done enough to warrant a call up.....

Also do i repeat my views? if i do then i apoligise if i do id assume its because the same debate is being brought up with someone debating my views.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Who would you have called up instead?

Richards for Kelly?
Crouch for Carroll?
Who for Hendo?
Who for Downing?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Mole, I'm of different opinion. The so called golden generation failed all the time. The injuries are a chance for the younger generation to prove themselves. They might make the difference or ,at least, you could cristalize a group with could do well in the future. Current England is garbage anyway from footballing POV eco smile

If I were England coach I'd play Wilshere and Ox in the middle with a DM in 4-3-3 system. That would make use of the most scarce resources available in Engurland.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Did'nt even think of Crouch tbh but i prefer Holt or Graham to Carroll based on this season....

As for Downing how about Johnson ( City), Lennon, Sinclair, Dyer... etc etc

Based on what i have seen this season id take Guthrie, Britton, Bennett, Carrick, Osman etc etc

If we are actually going to pick players based on form over the season Carroll, Henderson, Kelly and Downing will be no where near it.

Of course it is Babun but there a better younger players that are not being picked.... also Wilshere is'nt available eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Definitely put Lescott ahead of Cahill anyway so not majorly fussed but the only concern is we now have pretty much zero cover there, Jagielka's quite unproven at international level. And in the group stages in addition to the obvious strikeforce of Ribery etc. we're gonna have to deal with Shevchenko, Yarmolenko and Ibrahimovic.

Worrying..
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Liverpool have confirmed their pre-season tour of Poland and Ukraine. Laughing
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 pm

i think its Hodgson who tells them to do this to find an excuse why he will get eliminated from the group stage
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I think Woy is just trying to win the Liverpool. There is no other logical reason why these players that performed like shit pretty much the whole season are getting calls up over other players that have done well.

Ask yourself this question: Will they have gotten the call if they weren't playing for Liverpool?

Quite annoying, really.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I wouldn't have picked Downing, but

Carroll hit good form towards the end of the season and provides something different up front.

Henderson is an OK option and provides youthful energy.

Martin Kelly has been consistant when played and has done well. Versatile and one for the future.

Gerrard and Johnson are self-explanatory, although neither should be automatic starters.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wouldn't have picked Downing, but

Carroll hit good form towards the end of the season and provides something different up front.

Henderson is an OK option and provides youthful energy.

Martin Kelly has been consistant when played and has done well. Versatile and one for the future.

Gerrard and Johnson are self-explanatory, although neither should be automatic starters.

i think thats the reason why people are so pissed off, you cant have players who provide youthful experience in an EC that only comes along every 4 years...you just cant experiment like that

Richards would have been a much better option since he has actually played against the bigger players which England will meet in the EC
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Defoe has gone home due to his deceased father, not known whether he will come back

thats -1, how many are left???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Well they should be able to call up Sturridge or Agbonlahor then.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm

i think he will come back but will be depressed and blame that for how horrible their attack will be Laughing

Defoe getting called up over Sturridge and Agbonlahor says it all about the quality/form of English strikers this season, he was horrid
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think he will come back but will be depressed and blame that for how horrible their attack will be Laughing

Defoe getting called up over Sturridge and Agbonlahor says it all about the quality/form of English strikers this season, he was horrid

Crouch was butthurt that he didn't get called up either.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2