The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

+57
waitressinthesky
Mudcat
Kick
jcsc13
S
RealGunner
Fenris
BeamsvilleGooner
23arshavin23
The Verminator
silver
Emaharg
Flick
Be/\/ceCALI
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Artilleristen
SchinnerC
Amar
usman111
Wilson37
6unner
dmize
Quinten Metsys
stano
Eman
boss
DuringTheWar
Gooner4ever
Ganso
REWB
Spider
Arsenalfaithfull
AnJl
SUPERCARTTS
beatrixasdfghjk.
Blue Barrett
DeviAngel
Lex
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Abramovich
djoe26
aleumdance
mani88
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
lenear1030
SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 13:05

Girard: "Giroud's future? Everything seems favorable that he will join Arsenal." - #AFC - (via @captainLivier )

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by dmize Mon 11 Jun - 13:17

If we sign Giroud and RVP stays, will RVP drop back behind the striker?

--------Giroud--------
Podolski-RVP-Theo/Ox

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 13:19

Youth coach of Giroud's ex-club Tours told French newspaper in December that striker would join Arsenal this summer. (Via @CaptainLivier )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 11 Jun - 13:21

dmize wrote:If we sign Giroud and RVP stays, will RVP drop back behind the striker?

--------Giroud--------
Podolski-RVP-Theo/Ox

I just drooled a bit at that front line drunken
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon 11 Jun - 13:27

I would still prefer him taking Chamakh's role than RvP's.

If Chamakh is a part of the deal (I remm saying that was best for all involved when the rumours surfaced last month), and if RvP does leave, then we are still short in attack. Can't count Vela or Bendtner, who should be well gone by then. Also question marks over Theo which need answering. Arshavin unlikely to return too.

In the worst case, we have too much changes up front. And I don't want to see that, since the new players would again need time to gel and build up some chemistry. That would imply a lukewarm start to the season, although it can't be worse than the last.

Anyway, despite these rumours, I suggest lets keep calm and wait for the eventual official announcements before getting ahead of ourselves with 1 confirmed signing and a few rumours (Giroud, M'Vila, Capoue, .....). Too much restructuring is the last thing we want/need!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon 11 Jun - 13:33

dmize wrote:If we sign Giroud and RVP stays, will RVP drop back behind the striker?

--------Giroud--------
Podolski-RVP-Theo/Ox

That gave me a boner
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon 11 Jun - 13:37

@th14Renato: Between them, van Persie, Podolski and Giroud have scored 69 league goals in the 11/12 season.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 11 Jun - 13:41

69 Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 11 Jun - 13:51

Seeing how Huntelaar and RVP failed as a duo for the Dutch team (Huntelaar was eventually sent to the bench as a result)... i don't see how RVP and Giroud are going to coexist.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 13:58

If we can have Giroud, Podolski & Van Persie in our squad for next season, it would be a huge boost for the fans. We need strength in depth.

If you also imagine Wenger is trying to get work permit for Joel Campbell, then next season's attack could look really promising.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 11 Jun - 14:02

Giroud refused Bayern München just to not be second fiddle to Gomez, so Wenger has to accomodate van Persie and Giroud in the first XI to make both happy. Or the more likely situation : van Persie to get sold. If reports are to believed of course.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon 11 Jun - 14:11

just like that Stoke game at home that RVP rested for chamakh to do the job we can do more of that now
all assuming both will be here
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 14:27

English media picking up on Giroud's expected move to Arsenal. Daily Mail laughably claim it's an "exclusive" - http://t.co/VuEtBLgm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 14:29

Speaking with French journos on twitter (in DM, so won't be on my Time line) and they say Wenger has zero faith in Chamakh or Park. Admits to himself that Park was a huge mistake, last day panic, stolen from Lille's grasp.

Chamakh lost confidence when RVP returned and replaced him for every game. Maybe Wenger might regret not playing Chamakh more when RVP came back in 10/11

Arsenal trying to sell Chamakh, Park, Bendtner and Vela this summer.

Strikers next season could be Van Persie, Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Joel Campbell. Would be great. Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 11 Jun - 14:40

Btw Giroud story now reported by highly-respected journo Philippe Auclair

Girard on RMC.fr: 'if Arsenal pays Giroud's clause (@£10m), he'll probably become a Gunner', as reported by @mohamedbouhafsi and myself.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 11 Jun - 14:48

if there is one AM id love to get, its that brazilian kid oscar. he reminds me so much of cesc fabregas its not even funny.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 11 Jun - 15:07

Dailyfail

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Article-2157886-138FCC16000005DC-238_468x417

Olivier Giroud (right) should complete a move to Arsenal this summer. That's Martin not Giroud.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon 11 Jun - 15:18

REWB wrote:if there is one AM id love to get, its that brazilian kid oscar. he reminds me so much of cesc fabregas its not even funny.
I thought Holtby was Cesc-esque Razz

Jokes apart, I agree that where we really lack now is the midfield. I think that is the reason why our defence is so exposed so often on one hand, and also why we have had to rely so much on RvP to carry us this season. That is also why we have had to rely more on wingers to give some assists and good crosses than last season.

Our DM has been the most creative man in midfield, while the other deep midfielder has been the reason why we could keep possession and try to build some attacks (the lad with the perfect hair). The chap who was supposed to have taken the mantle from our creative fulcrum of last season isn't developed enough to do that just yet. The lad who could have done it spent the entire season with the medics, alongwith the other lanky chap who seems to be forever in love with that treatment table. And finally, we had the exceptional stroke of luck in an ageing midfield maestro finding some good form to help us tide over, despite not having enough in his tanks to start each game of the entire season. (I will not put Ox into the midfield scenario, he has a long way to go yet.)

Now somebody tell me, is signing Yann M'Vila the solution to this, when we also have a very similar Coquelin and another potentially good DM in Frimpong already as back-ups? If we sign M'Vila, for me, it means goodbye Song.

Oh, btw, anyone else expecting to see Giroud on the wing if RvP stays on and we have a winger-injury-crisis next season? (We all know our injuries are always focussed on one area of the pitch Razz).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 11 Jun - 15:39

Signing M'Vila doesn't mean goodbye Song Razz complete different players that only would complement each other. Coquelin is not a DM and Frimpong is hot-headed and still needs time (probably another loan-spell). Signing M'Vila would mean that Song wouldn't have to worry that much about the defence and we could give him a free role (like Cesc had one) and let his vision and passing shine.

He's certainly not a must, but would definitely improve our team especially defensively.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon 11 Jun - 17:20

If we have m'vila and jack in the middle, we can also do a 4 4 2 like before 2007.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon 11 Jun - 18:14

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:If we have m'vila and jack in the middle, we can also do a 4 4 2 like before 2007.

3-5-2

------------------------ Giroud
------------------------- RvP

Podolski ---- Wilshere ---- Song ---- Chambo

------------------------ M'Vila

Vermaelen ----------- Mertesacker --------- Koscielny

Sagna will be out starting the season anyways. That back 3 with M'Vila protecting might work idk. Need to try this out on FIFA :coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 12 Jun - 0:58

Things you’ll need before reading this article. (i) salt (ii) the necessary digits to pinch aforementioned sodium chloride.

According to Montpellier boss Rene Girard, Arsenal are ‘interested’ in Olivier Giroud (pictured right watching Koscielny do a Tiger impression) as speculation mounts that Arsenal could make a bid for last season’s Ligue 1 top scorer.

Arsenal’s burgeoning Twitter presence has been touching itself in a naughty place for a few days at the thought of a deal being done, although until Girard’s comments on French radio it appeared to be nothing more than salacious gossip.

While there is certainly no suggestion that official contact has been made by the Gunners hierarchy, it is interesting to note the boss admires the 25-year-old’s qualities.

Speaking to French radio station RMC, Girard remarked:

“Arsenal are very interested and Giroud wants to play in England, if Arsene [Wenger] agrees with the president [Louis Nicollin], he will sign for them.”

I think the most important word in that is ‘if’…

25 goals and 11 assists in one season and a clause in his contract which makes him available for around €12 million certainly suggests that we won’t be the only ones interested.

We’ll have to wait and see how this plays out and indeed whether our pursuit of another striker is tied with the respective futures of Robin van Persie, Marouane Chamakh (a possible makeweight) or that Korean fella whose name I forget.

Still, suppose it makes for a more exciting topic of conversation than yesterday’s news that Bendtner has a new agent or we owe a suitcase of unmarked £50 notes for letting Squillaci out of his cage.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 12 Jun - 1:02

if Arsene [Wenger] agrees with the president [Louis Nicollin], he will sign for them.”
The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=sk1zz----The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Xowen10
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 12 Jun - 1:07

It's well documented that Giroud has a release clause of around £10-13m.

It's not about agreeing a deal if you just reach the release clause. Montpellier can't do anything if this happens.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 12 Jun - 14:13

Johan Djourou on twitter (official account)

"I just wanted to deny all what have been said in the press about my transfer. It isn't true at all"
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jun - 14:56

Samuelj29060 wrote:Johan Djourou on twitter (official account)

"I just wanted to deny all what have been said in the press about my transfer. It isn't true at all"

eco smile rofl
The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 26 Well-first-you-go-to-the-chair
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next