The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

+57
waitressinthesky
Mudcat
Kick
jcsc13
S
RealGunner
Fenris
BeamsvilleGooner
23arshavin23
The Verminator
silver
Emaharg
Flick
Be/\/ceCALI
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Artilleristen
SchinnerC
Amar
usman111
Wilson37
6unner
dmize
Quinten Metsys
stano
Eman
boss
DuringTheWar
Gooner4ever
Ganso
REWB
Spider
Arsenalfaithfull
AnJl
SUPERCARTTS
beatrixasdfghjk.
Blue Barrett
DeviAngel
Lex
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Abramovich
djoe26
aleumdance
mani88
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
lenear1030
SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

srigooner wrote:
Twoism wrote:Lets see

RVP is our undisputed starter which means any CF we bring in will be a bench player for him. That rules out the likes of Llorente or Giroud who are expensive and want to play regularly. Podolski deal works because he can play as CF or on the wing and that will be his main position next season (unless RVP leave ofcourse)

Assume we are able to offload Arshavin, Chammy & Park, that leaves us with Walcott, Ox, Gervinho, Podolski & RVP as our forwards which is 3.5 wingers and 1.5 CF. Assume Kalou comming in, that will be 4 wingers and 2 CF, that's adequate number of players for Arsenal I would say.

Llorente or Giroud are nice names, but based on how Arsene works, if those rumors has slightest truth in it, they will be RVP alternatives in case his deal goes bad.

The world class players that are supposed to convice RVP will not be forwards, those will be DM, CM or AM.

Man I agree with you and it makes perfect sense to have 4 wingers and 2 strikers for a club like us who finish 19 points off 2nd place. But given our injury record, I want to see us sign a Llorent or a Giroud if we are selling Vela, Bendtner, Arshavin, Chamakh and Park (5 players) and replacing them with Podolski (GOD, but still 1 player) - Where is the depth?

Vela and Bendy didn't feature for us this season so their sale won't matter. We had Theo, Ox, Gervinho, Benayou, Park and Chamakh; that's 6 players as our forwards and the last two hardly ever put on their boots (yes they are horrible or aren't they?). So you offload two mediocre players, Parks & Chammakh who us fans deem not good enough as back up CF and you bring in two better replacements (Podolski and ???).

I don't think Llorente & Giroud will be that ??? Reports say Giroud refused Bayer Munich (who has only Gomez as their main CF btw) because he doesn't want to play as back up. I don't think he wants to to come to Arsenal to be RVP understudy, same could be said about Llorente.

Of course, I would love them to join Arsenal and will celebrate if it ever happens. I just don't see it as realistic targets right now and if's not right now, after Euro it will be even more unlikely.

Squad next season

GK: Chesny, Mannone, ???
Defense: Sagna, Jekinson, TV5, Kozz, Mertz, Gibbs, Santos, Djourou, Bartley
Midfield: Song, Le Coq, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, ???
Forward: Walcott, Ox, Gervinho, Podolski, RVP, ???

That's 26 players squad assuming we could offload all the deadwood this summer and sign proper replacement in ???. Probably the maximum roster for us so 3 more signings are realistic, one midfield starter and one back up forward.

* Not counting players from loan who could be kept by Arsene: Ryo, Dench, Lansbury, Joel.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with Twoism. You just don't sign players like Llorente and Giroud for the purpose of depth. You sign them to play regularly in the first team and possibly even to build your team around. Neither will want to join if they can't get that.

A more suitable depth player may be someone like Matias Suarez, or even someone like Joel Campbell or Benik Afobe.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Twoism wrote:
Of course, I would love them to join Arsenal and will celebrate if it ever happens. I just don't see it as realistic targets right now and if's not right now, after Euro it will be even more unlikely.

Squad next season

GK: Chesny, Mannone, ???
Defense: Sagna, Jekinson, TV5, Kozz, Mertz, Gibbs, Santos, Djourou, Bartley
Midfield: Song, Le Coq, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, ???
Forward: Walcott, Ox, Gervinho, Podolski, RVP, ???

That's 26 players squad assuming we could offload all the deadwood this summer and sign proper replacement in ???. Probably the maximum roster for us so 3 more signings are realistic, one midfield starter and one back up forward.

* Not counting players from loan who could be kept by Arsene: Ryo, Dench, Lansbury, Joel.

Share your sentiments Thumbs up

on Squad -GK - Mannone wants out too. We would be in market for another if that happens.. 3rd choice would be youth/reserve..

Defense - Not sure on the Bartley call.. I am not convinced about his abilities, though I want to see him make it.. I want both him and Miquel to have PL level loans with regular game time..

Midfield - I see need for atleast 2 players there if we are to make any progress. One pure DM (Frimpong or Capoue - you pick) and one AM (this we need to buy, I am afraid. Rozza is old, Jack is untested, Ramsey is better being rotated with Arteta).. Song contract is due too right?

Forward - Theo and RvP contracts have a big say.. But we have good strength in width there with Ox, Gerv (if he gets some form), Theo (if he stays) and Podolski.. I still see a need to retain Chamakh, or better - trade him in for a good striker.. I am not sure about the Giroud to Munich deal, but in my opinion, we still need a player in that position.. Can't count Poldi as the only back-up striker as that would mean depending on 1 player for 2 positions - not good..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 pm

This summer better count as our competitors are only going to get stronger.

United (Kagawa, *M'vila, Martinez) City (*M'vila, Martinez, RVP pale ) Chelsea (Hazard, Hulk)

Spurs ( -Modric) :poTROLLski
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

MJGunner wrote:This summer better count as our competitors are only going to get stronger.

United (Kagawa, *M'vila, Martinez) City (*M'vila, Martinez, RVP pale ) Chelsea (Hazard, Hulk)

Spurs ( -Modric) :poTROLLski

Don't worry I am sure we will sign few unknown players and RVP will leave and fight for 4th place again and when we make it its another trophy. cheers

Arsenal will still beat Man city and we will make jokes. Sad Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 pm

last year was the season we should have made a push, it was the weekest epl in years. too late now its going to be back to its super competitive nature now. so we might have a really good team next season; gain 84 points and still finish 3rd like in 07/08 Sad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 pm

so Kagawa is off to united most likely .as kicker without naming club says its completed
cant it be An other " i'm going to Manchester ending up in London" please Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 pm

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 AuA0aetCQAAiKE3

You know what? I think it's fate. hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Athletic_Club ‏@Blog_Athletic

Apparently Llorente has called tomorrows press conference to promote a fruit company from his home town, not announcing he's joining Arsenal
The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 :I'mveryunoriginal:The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Lucast10
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 28, 2012 11:42 pm

that M'vila Rumours killing us
many got their hopes high
and now everyone dares to troll us making BS outta nowhere
Llorente-Kaka AND NOW Ganso :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon May 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Sina wrote:that M'vila Rumours killing us

just wait until after the euros when we'll be struggling to re-sign RvP. And of course we won't have made any other signings by that time.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue May 29, 2012 12:10 am

Sina wrote:that M'vila Rumours killing us

Of course

M'villa was the case of agent wanting to make some noise. Llorente, oh man, I don't know which is funnier, fans who believe he will announce his transfer or a fruit company is an actual headline. I will just relax as a fan or I will get disappointed and worked up over all these speculations like every summer.

AW took a month to negotiate Gervinho transfer when everyone knew he would be gunner, so I expect the same this summer. Plus it's Euro year so delay is expected. Maybe it's time to look at some of the players that do not go to Euro i.e. Capou, Matias Suarez, Biliga and some others.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 am

Renato ‏@th14Renato

Some ITKs on here make me laugh. Ganso is out injured for a while why would Arsenal sign him. Pff.

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Lucast10The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 14 Trolldolski
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 am

Joseph Lee, the agent of the Brazilian player of Lazio, Hernanses has declared to Sportevai: "He stays. I had a meeting with Lotito in the end of February and and he confirmed me to want absolutely not to yield Hernanes. Nobody asked me the footballer, nobody started a trade with me"
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 am

Whats going on friends ? Was busy and out for last week.. So not knowing much..
Seems we are linked to Llorente ? And any followup on Mvila rumours ?
And i cant take the signing of any high profile striker positively atm with RVPs contract on the wall.. As many suggested we may have to consider it more as a replacement rather than backup..:sad:
and Hazard to Chelsea surprises me.. Anyway on your face Evra.. Remember him blabing the same to Nasri and he went to City.. And now again.. What an idiot..:worthy:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 am

Wilson37 wrote:Whats going on friends ? Was busy and out for last week.. So not knowing much..
Seems we are linked to Llorente ? And any followup on Mvila rumours ?
And i cant take the signing of any high profile striker positively atm with RVPs contract on the wall.. As many suggested we may have to consider it more as a replacement rather than backup..:sad:
and Hazard to Chelsea surprises me.. Anyway on your face Evra.. Remember him blabing the same to Nasri and he went to City.. And now again.. What an idiot..:worthy:

Lol.. I was thinking the same thing.. Evra can't keep his twat shut and everytime he opens it, the supposed ManU target ends up at a rival. (And that rival isn't us. :/ )..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 am

Sina wrote:Arsenal in talks to sign Real Madrid striker

May 27 2012 By Tom Hopkinson

ARSENAL are in talks with Real Madrid over B team striker Joselu.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has had the 22-year-old monitored over the past year and has been impressed with his displays for the Spanish champions' second string.

Spaniard Joselu bagged 21 goals but his hopes of breaking into the first team are seriously limited because of the presence of Karim Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain.

Wenger has also been told by his scouts to consider signing Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker but is likely to ignore their promptings.

Source:People :coffee:

What did you think when you read title
and then first line Rolling Eyes
Laughing banana

arsenal signing Real Madrid striker.. Thumbs up
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 am

Come on Wenger please sign some players before the Euros.

BTW Podolski>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hazard. banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson has slaughtered Theo Walcott.

Robson branded Walcott a "liability" on talkSPORT.

“It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow,” said Robson in reaction to reports Walcott is seeking a pay-rise.

“Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

“For Theo Walcott to want more money, I would let him go.”
Shocked

Someone needs to tell him Walcott had better year than Bale, Nani, or any other Winger in EPL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Arsenal boss Wenger eyes Man City midfielder De Jong after M'Vila talks stall
Arsene Wenger has switched his attention to Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong after growing frustrated in his pursuit of long-time target Yann M’Vila.

The Arsenal boss wants to bolster his midfield options after injuries to Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Mikel Arteta.

He has cooled his interest in M’Vila after talks stalled over a £17m move for the Rennes star.

And now Wenger is reportedly ready to make a move for Manchester City midfielder De Jong

Daily Mail

He wouldn't be a bad alternative but wages could get in the way. I still like Capoue but De Jong is Premier League proven.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Premier League proven counts for very little, if anything, these days. In fact, I'd say in recent seasons the theory that foreign players have difficulty adapting to the Premier League has been blown to pieces.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Canal+ are now reporting that Montpellier have accepted an £8.5m bid + Chamakh for Oliver Giroud
is it true?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Sina wrote:
Canal+ are now reporting that Montpellier have accepted an £8.5m bid + Chamakh for Oliver Giroud
is it true?

That's a pretty good deal for them, Chamakh definitely has gas in left in the tank and they've made a fair bit of money. I would say that another advantage would be that he's Ligue 1 proven but I dunno how much that means these days. (Jay Razz)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Sina wrote:
is it true?

Its fake. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Groover ‏@GrooverBlog

I can't confirm the Giroud's rumor. Seems a fake, not from Canal Plus. Sorry guys
:facepalm:
Bleep me
wont post anything like this anymore
deceived for X amount of times already with window yet to even open up Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

we wont sign anyone else until after euros and/or the RvP situation is settled. This will drag on for a very long time. Remember, it's Arsenal. We rarely have a sense of urgency in transfer windows.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next