vivabarca38
Rebaño Sagrado
the xcx
kiranr
S
67 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester City - Page 8 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester City

Post by RED Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:LOL, De Gea has turned into a football expert all of a sudden

Why doesn't the guy focus on securing his spot in the Man U line-up??

"City are a great team," he told Marca. "They are full of great players in all positions. The substitutes are also top-class.

"It will be really difficult for Real Madrid, both in the Bernabeu and in Manchester. You don't get anything for free in the Champions League."

The Spain international also claimed that the two teams share a similar tactical philosophy, and expects this to make for some tight encounters.

"City has a similar style to Real. It is quick to get the ball forward and looks to directly attack," he continued.

"The strike-force is deadly, as the club has an incredible group of strikers. But if you want to win the Champions League you've got to beat the best teams, and City are one of them."

However, De Gea claims that it is City's individuals, rather than their tactical set-up, that makes them such a daunting opponent, and insists that they have the means to challenge any team in this season's competition.

"It's not about whether the team's style of play will suit Real," he added.

"The team is full of great players, who are very talented and can cause you damage at any moment. They are capable of beating anyone, whether that's Real Madrid or Barcelona."

The shot-stopper highlighted Spain's David Silva as the man who makes City tick, but believes that Real should be very wary of his fellow Atletico old boy, Sergio Aguero.

"David is a vital player for them. City is a different team without him; it doesn't play the same way," he continued.

"But it's not just about Silva. Kun is always up for it and he'll be extra motivated against Real. He's a great player and scores a lot of goals. It's a joy to watch him play."

Perhaps someone asked him what his opinion of the City-RM match are, and he gave his opinion?

He has more right to discuss football, since that is his profession, than regular joes like you.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester City - Page 8 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester City

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 pm

in detail???

how about he tells them why he can't defend corners for a change
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:in detail???

hahaha. Nice one. Are all United fans like this 80s and jibers character?
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 pm

De Gea's comments just prove that in his heart Madrid/Atleti >> United/City :I'munoriginal:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:

hahaha. Nice one. Are all United fans like this 80s and jibers character?
pretty much so, yea.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 am

Hopedully both games will feature good attacking football. I can see City winning in Manchester...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 am

I am SOOOOOO excited for this group:
Ajax
Man City
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund

I honestly believe that any of these clubs could progress. Home form will be crucial in the group. The club that wins its matches at home will likely progress.

City will be eager to prove themselves in the CL, but they will also be keeping an eye on their league play. This distraction could be enough to see them make their second strait group stage exit.

Mardrid have to be favorites to move on, but even they could be caught with their eye on La Liga instead of the CL. However, they are have had the most recent success in the CL, and are unlikely to falter with such a deep squad.

Dortmund... It has to be said they severely under-performed in the CL last term. Losing to Marseille twice, Arsenal once, and Olympiakos once was not representative of the quality that was in that squad. They could figure it out this year and move on to the knock out stages.

Ajax are unquestionably the dark horses, but I do not believe they can be completely counted out. They are a quality team, and they could very well surprise a few opponents at home. Only time will tell if they can manage to overcome what is a very considerable obstacle in their attempt to reach the knock out stages.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:00 pm

what's your beef with DDG?

You lot have an overrated GK who is known for dropping clangers. So you're not one too speak about GK's, cuz Casillas is far from perfect himself.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:40 pm

now i understand why i confuse donttredonred and RED.. they both have heath ledger jokers as avatars... and about the same name lol

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Ajax will be this group's king-makers imo. They are good enough to pull off a result against someone so whoever they manage to hold is going to have a tough time in the group.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Zealous wrote:Ajax will be this group's king-makers imo. They are good enough to pull off a result against someone so whoever they manage to hold is going to have a tough time in the group.

completely agree, they will probably bottom out the group however, but they have the ability to draw or even beat any team in the group, madrid included.

i could see them finishing over dortmund, that would be the shocker of the group stages imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm

RED wrote:

what's your beef with DDG?

You lot have an overrated GK who is known for dropping clangers. So you're not one too speak about GK's, cuz Casillas is far from perfect himself.
:facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:02 pm

No need to facepalm for that comment.RED is right :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Surag wrote:No need to facepalm for that comment.RED is right :coffee:

Yeah buffon is the best. we know that.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

The one who let himself get raped in Euro?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Nameless wrote:The one who let himself get raped in Euro?
Even a world class goalie can have a bad day, especially when the rest of the team doesn't help at all either. I remember a certain match where Oliver Kahn got 5 past him and commented frustrated: "Today I could have put my sports bag into the goal, then we would have conceded two goals less." XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 am

Both of the teams are similiar in terms of quality.

This'll come down to Mou vs Mancini... which only means RM will win both games with no struggle.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 am

ynwa wrote:Both of the teams are similiar in terms of quality.

This'll come down to Mou vs Mancini... which only means RM will win both games with no struggle.

Oh really... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am

Yes, really.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:15 am

Just you wait if Dortmund explodes :coffee:

(And I mean EXplode, not IMplode Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 am

Dortmund to beat City. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 am

Mamad wrote:Yeah buffon is the best. we know that.

Nameless wrote:The one who let himself get raped in Euro?

I can't agree with this.If you watched the game, i am sure that you observed that Buffon didn't even made a mistake.

It is wrong to say such words about one of the best GK's in the history of football.Buffon have never got raped, maybe his team had been.Real Madrid from example, with Casillas on the pitch lost against Barca with 6-2 and 5-0, but that doesn't mean that he got raped or that he isn't a world class GK.

Goalkeepers are a bit privileged when it comes about high score losses.The team can lose with a difference of 3 or 4 goals without their GK making mistakes.

On Topic:

It will be a more balanced game than predicted.It depends what players will be used by the coaches.I believe that Man City's midfield is somewhere at the same level with Real Madrid's midfield.

Also i am not sure about Aguero return date, but if he plays along Tevez, they will be very dangerous for Real's defense.In my opinion Tevez is a bit underrated right now and i am pretty sure that he is maybe one of the best forwards in the world when it comes about finishing.Man City has Balotelli, one of the best subs in the world.The english team musn't be underestimated because they have players with potential and lust for glory.

Of course, we must admit that Real Madrid are favourites but i saw the odds for the first leg and i do not agree with them.

Real Madrid vs Man City

1 -- 1.57
x -- 4.00
2 -- 5.50

In my opinion Real Madrid for victory deserves at least 1.85.They predict an unbalanced game...

The defense of Real Madrid has a plus, but don't forget that Man City's coach is a former italian football player.In conclusion, Real Madrid start favourites but i am sure that they will have to work hard if they want to beat City.The boys from Manchester are well prepaired for a long european campaign this year.Mancini and his staff made a complex strategy to use their squad in the best possible way to reach their goals set for this season.Also Mourinho wants now to win UCL more than ever so it should be a great 'fight' between those 2 titans.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 am

Well no one said it was going to be easy, even if we do win lol

Aguero will miss the first game thankfully. City's best striker by far although Tevez is a great as well. With due respect though Madrid have the world's greatest strike force bar none.

Our midfield is a bit better than City's imo. Especially if we have Ozil, Khedira, Xabi and Modric on at the same time. Still City have Yaya so their midfield is pretty good.

I think defence is about even with Madrid getting an edge. Ramos/Pepe is a bit better than Kompany/Lescott plus Madrid have two leftbacks better than clichy :coffee:

Anyway should be a cracker and it's anybody's game eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 am

Arbeloa > Maicon. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:26 am

Zealous wrote:Well no one said it was going to be easy, even if we do win lol

Aguero will miss the first game thankfully. City's best striker by far although Tevez is a great as well. With due respect though Madrid have the world's greatest strike force bar none.

Our midfield is a bit better than City's imo. Especially if we have Ozil, Khedira, Xabi and Modric on at the same time. Still City have Yaya so their midfield is pretty good.

I think defence is about even with Madrid getting an edge. Ramos/Pepe is a bit better than Kompany/Lescott plus Madrid have two leftbacks better than clichy :coffee:

Anyway should be a cracker and it's anybody's game eco smile

I read all the pages and i saw opinions that underrate City, that's why i tried to predict a more balanced game than others did.

Also City's right back position is very strong with Zabaleta who is now in his best shape and form and Micah Richards (Maicon) as a substitute.If Zabaleta continues to play like this, he will be in the first 11 against Real Madrid, i have no doubt.The spanish team is a bit lucky, because Man City's attacking playmakers, Nasri and Silva, didn't impress me in the beginning of this season.

It's too early to talk about their prestation against Real Madrid but it's obviously that they are a bit tired both physically and mentally after playing in many important games and winning many trophies at an early age.In their best form, they can easily compete with any other teams midfield.

That doesn't mean they won't recover fast, they have a lot of potential but i really watched City's games this season and i felt them weaker than last season.I don't judge them yet, they are still capable of surprises Smile .

City will be a hard nut to crack, even by Real Madrid.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Head to head looks like this:

Casillas > Hart

Richards > Arbeloa > Zabaleta
Kompany > Pépe
Ramos > Lescott
Marcelo > Coentrao = Clichy

Alonso > Barry
Yaya > Khedira
Ozil > Silva
Nasri = Di Maria = Modric > Milner

Ronaldo > Aguero
Tevez > Benzema
Balotelli = Dzeko = Higuain

And btw, to whoever said Madrid have the best strike force, no way pal. Ronaldo, Benz, Higuain, Callejon, Ozil, and Di Maria are great, but Bayern has Gomez, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, and Pizarro. That's the best. And City also could make a good argument for better than Madrid, with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli, Silva, and Nasri. United should be mentioned too, with Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani, and Kagawa.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next