Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus

+4
DeviAngel
LWL91
Kick
TPSPriceless
8 posters

Go down

Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus Empty Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus

Post by TPSPriceless Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

Eljero Elia has made it clear that he wants to leave Juventus in the summer transfer window.

The 25-year-old joined Juventus from Hamburg at the start of the 2011-12 campaign, but has mainly been warming the bench at the Old Lady this term.

Therefore, he is eager to move on at the end of the season in order to re-launch his career elsewhere.

"I want to leave Juventus. I want to enjoy playing football again. I remained quiet all year and was always positive towards the club and the team, but I never got a chance to prove my worth," Elia was quoted as saying by Algemeen Dagblad.

"I didn't play much and consequently miss out on Euro 2012. It's fair to say this season has been a failure. It's really hurt me, but I've become stronger mentally.

"I'm 25 now and I still have a long career ahead of me. I came from far, but I will have to start all over again."

Elia has a contract with Juventus until the summer of 2015

Source: Goal.com

Who can blame him to be honest? Missing the Euros is a huge blow and he just didn't seem capable of breaking into the starting-XI under Conte. I respect the fact that he stayed quiet until the Scudetto race was over and although I wanted him to prove himself, like many others here, it just seemed unlikely. Best of luck to him if he decides to leave, at least I'd like to think he's a better player now than he used to be.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus Empty Re: Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus

Post by Kick Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am

how much do you think he will leave for?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus Empty Re: Eljero Elia: I want to leave Juventus

Post by TPSPriceless Tue May 08, 2012 11:49 am

Kick wrote:how much do you think he will leave for?

Considering Juve signed for €9 m then he'll probably leave for a sum smaller than that unless one of the financially big clubs want to sign him.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

He'll be included in a deal with another player i think.. We'll never get 9 mill for him now that he's turned 25 and we could use him to lure someone like James Rodriguez away from Porto.. Maybe even include him in a Jovetic deal... depends if Elia demands EPL which i could imagine he would.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Eljero Elia has revealed that he wants to quit Italian champions Juventus after his struggles in Turin this season.

The Dutchman joined the Turin giants for €9m from Hamburg in the summer, but he’s made just four League appearances so far this term for a total of 107 minutes.

“I want to leave Juventus,” the winger told Algemeen Dagblad just days after the Old Lady lifted the Scudetto. “I want to enjoy playing football again.

“I remained quiet all year, always keeping a positive attitude towards the club and the team, but I never got a chance to prove my worth.

“I didn't play much and consequently I’ll miss out on Euro 2012. It’s fair to say this season has been a failure.

“It's really hurt me, but I've become stronger mentally.

“I'm 25 now and I still have a long career ahead of me. I came from far, but I will have to start all over again...”

Elia, contracted to the Bianconeri until June 2015, has been linked with clubs in England, Portugal and Germany.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

It's only fair, poor guy just missed out on a major tournament because he rode the bench all season

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue May 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Such a shame... After all of his good intentions he doesnt even get a fair shot.

If any, this may be one of the biggest criticisms I have against Conte. I think Elia deserved more of a chance.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I feel bad for elia. Hope he gets a full game vs atalanta and scores a goal. Hope he doesn't leave.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 am

I really don't care what he wants to do...
When I cry about how I want Krasic to do good in Conte's system...I'm laughed at & Milos is criticized...
Krasic was & is better than Elia...if Krasic isn't staying...no reason fro Elia to stay either...
Idk...I never really looked forward to seeing Elia at Juve...maybe his first comment about Juve being on the same level with Hamburg has something to do with it!
All I can say is...Welcome Home Giovinco when Elia leaves!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 am

I would very much consider bringing him to Chelsea, however, he would be a bench player there too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Cotes wrote:I really don't care what he wants to do...
When I cry about how I want Krasic to do good in Conte's system...I'm laughed at & Milos is criticized...
Krasic was & is better than Elia...if Krasic isn't staying...no reason fro Elia to stay either...
Idk...I never really looked forward to seeing Elia at Juve...maybe his first comment about Juve being on the same level with Hamburg has something to do with it!
All I can say is...Welcome Home Giovinco when Elia leaves!

I love Krasic this tactics doesn't gibe him space to run at.

Kick wrote:I would very much consider bringing him to Chelsea, however, he would be a bench player there too.

Nope trust me he will be in the first eleven he is made for EPL
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down