Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands

+22
hanibal23
Spider
urbaNRoots
Sina
Lex
Sri
mani88
SamuelJayC
Twoism
McLewis
KMD
MJ
Eman
Sushi Master
halamadrid2
Raptorgunner
beatrixasdfghjk.
Amar
lenear1030
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Jay29
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands

Post by Eman Sat May 05, 2012 3:41 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Thomas Vermaelen and Alex Song both made a grand total of 0 tackles today.

:facepalm:
Yeah, I noticed in the first half how Ramsey was doing more defensive work than Song, but Song's offensive contribution was good enough in the second half that I almost forgot about it. As for Vermaelen, that's surprising, although in fairness I felt the challenge he got a yellow for, although from behind, did get the ball first so maybe that statistic is unkind (not that 1 tackle would be good either). IMO Koscielny was our only player who defended well today.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands

Post by MJ Sat May 05, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm frustrated but glad we came back to score because in all honesty, we could have easily lost.

I won't worry until tomorrow. Bad for my health and more rational.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat May 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Last night I had a dream that we drew against norwich, but spurs also drew their game. The only thing was that in my dream both games were being played at the same time and Newcastle lost 2-0 to city. Very Happy
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat May 05, 2012 4:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Thomas Vermaelen and Alex Song both made a grand total of 0 successful tackles today.

1st half Song was basically walking, Ramsey was the one to put in tackles, Rosicky was the one to run. It's so bad, for their two goals, no midfield recovery whatsoever. Kozz was one man army at the back tonight, he basically got bullied out from headers and tackles, elbowed, pushed, punched because he has no stamina left, I feel sorry for him. 2nd half Song was good because he didn't need to defend at all.

I seriously consider Kozz-Per partnership after these poor run of games. At least, our defense was solid with Per albeit some crappy goal here and there.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Twoism wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Thomas Vermaelen and Alex Song both made a grand total of 0 successful tackles today.

1st half Song was basically walking, Ramsey was the one to put in tackles, Rosicky was the one to run. It's so bad, for their two goals, no midfield recovery whatsoever. Kozz was one man army at the back tonight, he basically got bullied out from headers and tackles, elbowed, pushed, punched because he has no stamina left, I feel sorry for him. 2nd half Song was good because he didn't need to defend at all.

I seriously consider Kozz-Per partnership after these poor run of games. At least, our defense was solid with Per albeit some crappy goal here and there.

Shift Vermaelen to left back whether he likes or not, play Gibbs only when the oppo is parking the bus.

We can't have two full backs bombing forward, leaves the two centre halves exposed.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat May 05, 2012 4:37 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:

Shift Vermaelen to left back whether he likes or not, play Gibbs only when the oppo is parking the bus.

We can't have two full backs bombing forward, leaves the two centre halves exposed.

TV and LK both venture forward too often, some time it work wonders (TV scoring in the last minute) sometimes it works against us as today. What we lack is "collective defending" or in easy terms defending as a team. Individual changes will not help.

Last edited by mani88 on Sat May 05, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

ARE YOU *bleep* KIDDING ME. HOW THE *bleep* DID THESE BASTARDS *bleep* THIS UP. *bleep* IT. I AM THROUGH WITH THIS. I NEED TO TAKE OFF FROM THIS AND COOL OFF.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

ARE YOU *bleep* KIDDING ME. HOW THE *bleep* DID THESE BASTARDS *bleep* THIS UP. *bleep* IT. I AM THROUGH WITH THIS. I NEED TO TAKE OFF FROM THIS AND COOL OFF.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

I'd rather stick a middle finger up to the shat that is Europa league and not play in it tbh
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

so are we ever gonna go back to 09-10 season with song playing as a DM
verminator could bomb forward but it was experienced gallas covering and song dropping back to fill the space now both verm and song go forward like mad
sad thing is even us fans knew how they gonna play let alone coaching staff and players but yet coulDnt do much and when going down 2-1 it was norwich enjoying space/or either dragging our center backs laterally and vertically or play in channels and put crosses in

frak aston villa im worried if we can beat WBA :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Song's too creative to play DM. I mean FFS he's the lead assister. Can you imagine how many games we'd lose if it weren't for Song going "Frack Ramsey, imma do it" and launching those nanometer focused through balls?

I think he's reinvented himself and should be backed up by a more defensive or hardworking (like in Arteta's manner) player.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Song's too creative to play DM. I mean FFS he's the lead assister. Can you imagine how many games we'd lose if it weren't for Song going "Frack Ramsey, imma do it" and launching those nanometer focused through balls?

I think he's reinvented himself and should be backed up by a more defensive or hardworking (like in Arteta's manner) player.

apparently M'vila's coming....

but you're absolutely right about Song's brilliant moments for us. almost all of our creativity lies with him
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 pm

A midfield with Song upfront? hmm

Wilshere - Arteta

Song
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:A midfield with Song upfront? hmm

Wilshere - Arteta

Song

that's what it was going to be if we weren't going after m'vila. maybe not have any one of the three more advanced than the others but just 3 CM's and Song as the creator
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat May 05, 2012 8:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:A midfield with Song upfront? hmm

Wilshere - Arteta

Song
You see, that would be a beautiful lineup. Pretty much last year's. Change Song and Arteta, though.

Wilshere is hardworking enough to stabilize the midfield and give Song enough freedom to pass. He presses like a raging zombie. Arteta can then focus 100% on the pretty shit and we wouldn't have the "lulz, arteta is a sux signing" comments. This season Ramsey had all the creative output under his responsibility, and this failed incredibly until he was replaced by Rozza.

With Arteta out, no Wilshere and Ramsey in meh form, there's a huge gap in the midfield. Arsenal's game thrives in midfield domination, so if this does not happen, tactics fail.

The question is, what happens to Arteta or Wilshere if we buy M'Vila? With M'Vila in the lineup has to be:

M'Vila Song
Arteta/Wilshere/Rosicky

Would be awesome, because it has a prefect balance of steel and silk, but there would be too many benched talents which does not happen under Wenger. Rosicky is only backup, sure. Wilshere is coming back from an injury. But will he kill/stagnate Ramsey's, Frimpongs and Coquelin's careers?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm

on dropping two points...
It is more than frustrating because we were very poor in the first half, not switched on. The quality of our first half was absolutely not at the level we wanted in a decisive game like that. in the second half we did very well. We created at least 10 chances but again not only did we not take our chances, but on top of that we gave them a third goal in a situation that was absolutely unbelievable. In the end we got punished for our mistakes.

on conceding the third goal…
It was five or six mistakes in the same goal.

on the first half…
We have to analyse the reasons why we were not sharp enough in the first half. There is no obvious reason because we prepared normally as we always do, but maybe subconsciously [we thought] we would win it. Norwich played well, you have to give them credit.

on Arsenal's Champions League hopes…
It leaves us with one thing - it is not in our hands anymore. We have to wait for the results to see where it leaves us tomorrow night. We knew that if we didn't win today, that is what would happen.

on whether Arsenal deserve to qualify…
It depends on what you mean by 'deserve'. We have 67 points, and every year you qualify with 67 points.

on the defensive performance…
We were [too frail], of course. We lost too many challenges and it is surprising because recently we were quite good, but today I feel that defensively the whole team was very poor.

on Van Persie's penalty shout…
I don't know, we have to accept the decisions of the referee, that is the only thing I can say. Here, the whole season we have got zero penalties. It is absolutely amazing because you see other clubs who have 10 or 11.

on Aaron Ramsey…
He was unlucky with the first booking, it was a good tackle. It is part of learning your job, you have to deal with all kinds of situations and he will do that. He is very strong mentally and is going through a difficult period at the moment. But he will come off that stronger.

-----------------

That part in bold really annoys me and makes me doubt Wenger. Firstly, if we prepared like we nomrally do and dropped points against QPR, Wigan, Chelsea, Stoke and now Norwich, then there's clearly a problem with the way the team is preparing for games.

Secondly, how, in a game as important as this, can players "subconciously" think that they are going to win the game? That's the wrong attitude to take into the game. The manager should not be letting the players go into games with that sort of mentallity. No wonder we bottle it so often.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Tomorrow i'll be cheering up for ManCity :facepalm:

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Disgusted_oh_god_why_text_What_happens_a_LOT_while_Im_working-s300x288-303782-410
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm

just seeing the highlights i was amazed how much norwich tried to create so many chances against u guys. couple of those they missed, few of them with good saves, and few they scored. whine in other end u guys have loads of chances should have scored.

that 93 min was so tense, u guys could have scored.

well i feel sorry for u guys because fans dont deserve this. i also cant believe because arsenal were in pretty healthy position and i thought that top 3 is guaranteed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Spider wrote:Tomorrow i'll be cheering up for ManCity :facepalm:

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Disgusted_oh_god_why_text_What_happens_a_LOT_while_Im_working-s300x288-303782-410

I know that's what I was thinking, Man city and Vila. eco smile

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands - Page 2 Empty Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich City: Dreadful display, destiny no longer in our hands

Post by hanibal23 Sun May 06, 2012 5:35 am

Tottenham will finish 3rd. They will beat Astonvilla, let's hope Fulham willl beat them at whitehart lane.
The worst scenario for us is CHELSEA WINNING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! if they win it they will automatically qualify for next year.

So i hope we will finish 3rd!

_________
hanibal23
hanibal23
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 am

hanibal23 wrote:Tottenham will finish 3rd. They will beat Astonvilla, let's hope Fulham willl beat them at whitehart lane.
The worst scenario for us is CHELSEA WINNING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! if they win it they will automatically qualify for next year.

So i hope we will finish 3rd!

_________

Welcome to the forum.

Trust me Villa will get a point from spuds and City will win by 3 goals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun May 06, 2012 6:50 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:on dropping two points...

on Van Persie's penalty shout…
I don't know, we have to accept the decisions of the referee, that is the only thing I can say. Here, the whole season we have got zero penalties. It is absolutely amazing because you see other clubs who have 10 or 11.
:vagi: wow, I did not know you guys had 0 penalties this year, that is crazy.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am

In the words of good ol Jim Ross:"This is bulls***!"
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 am

Aston Villa are absolute crap and Agbonlahor's form is not helping at all. I don't see Villa doing something against a Spurs team with confidence.

Hope Newcastle draw Man City, and Spurs lose to Villa somehow. IMO we screwed up against Wigan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 am

Unless Spuds and Newcastle get 6 points from both of their next fixtures then we'll be 4th but I don't like other teams having our fate in their hands.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 am

Twoism wrote:I'm so fukcing pissed right now so excuse me for my *bleep* language.

Chesny is absolutely horrible all game, someone please reminds him a 19 years old kid does not have the right to be cocky when that *bleep* soft ball went in at similar pace of a doped up snail.

Gibbs where do i begin, you're right back not 2nd coming Iniesta, when defend, i know the ball could hit you like a *bleep* pain but please at least put your ass out instead of pedaling back every *bleep* time. Oh yeah, for a million and one times, you can not dribble.

TV5 and Kozz do not compute, cannot believe I would say this but I miss Per so dearly. Please come back and put your fragile giant body on the line for us, and slowly but surely move up 5 inches to set up offside trap. Cause the other sure can't do that.

The rest were ok and RVP is RVP but who give a damn now, we're about to get brick shat on by Spuds.

And Wenger, I noticed you threw bottle to the ground out of frustration quite often this year, not your fault man, smash the players with those bottles and ask them to harden the *bleep* up, stop playing with mentality of a 12 years old. 10 minutes to keep the ball but no *bleep* that, we pressed some more so Morrison who probably works at lumber mill part time, scored such goal of season that Ian Wright would applause.

I defend this team so many times but this one game, I'm sorry I simply can not. We were playing Norwich not Barcelona, at Emirate not Nou Camp, to protect the precious 3rd ( soon to be 4th) spot not to win CL final.

God & Podolski help us all

Great post, man, +1 eco smile

And hey, look at it this way: Tottenham lost to Norwich at home, you did better than that... albino
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next