Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 10 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 10 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:How nice that we are getting Kalou who is the laughing stock of the EPL along with bringing dread to Chelsea fans every time he plays.

Would be an astoundingly underwhelming signing.

Do I also need to mention his poor "why always me" pre-madonna attitude?
Got some inside knowledge you'd like to share?

As in that we are attempting to get him.

OT: Gylfi will be a very satisfactory signing from my point of view despite how little I have seen him. Statistically and what I have heard of him, this could be the start of a solid transfer season.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Liverpool have not made any approach to or had any contact with Kalou's agent. At this time the club are NOT trying to sign him.

That is, of course, unless you have some inside knowledge that even Kalou's agent isn't aware of...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Mirror Football ( :facepalm: ) is reporting that we're in talks (similar report to the Sigurdsson one from yesterday) with Juve over Krasic. Most importantly, the figure mentioned was 6 mil.

Now, Krasic is not the world-beater we had all hoped for, but at this price he might actually be worth the risk. In Del Neri's 4-4-2, Krasic was the cornerstone of the attack for Juventus on many occasions in 2010, and was quite honestly a bright spot at times in an otherwise dreary season. He played something like 33-38 games for the Bianconeri, scoring 7 goals with 8 assists (if I'm remembering correctly).

That said, he really burned out in the second half of the 2010-2011 season. It's somewhat understandable since he had played consistently from March 2010 until May 2011 (playing the first 17 or so matches with CSKA Moscow in the Russian Prem. League). The real disconcerting bit comes when you look at this season. It's hard to tell if it was attitude, performance, or simply a poor fit in Conte's system, but for whatever reason Krasic was hardly seen or heard from. WHile there have been coverage of his displeasure at not playing, it's hard to blame it, and I can't really speak to the overall attitude or reliability of the reports as I don't follow the Italian football gossip sources terribly closely. However, any player that featured so prominently the season before will attract a fair amount of attention from journos if he is subsequently buried on the bench for a season.

IF, and it's a big if, this report has any truth to it, I would argue that it is a risk potentially worth taking. Price has a lot to do with it. At 6 mil, he could be an absolute steal if he shows his early season Serie A form from 2010. If he doesn't work out, he can at least be a good impact sub. The only big negative from these reports being true is that it implies that we are increasingly moving away from any attempt to sign Luuk De Jong and Gaston Ramirez. Both of those players have a higher talent ceiling, higher current performance level and are considerably younger. However, they also have an equally higher price tag.

It's all speculation at this point, though. Isn't it...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am

de Jong is valued by Twente at £12.5m currently. Considering reported interest from other clubs, he'll likely go to £15m. Schurrle, Afellay, and the like would probably move for a similar price. I'd say they're all worth roughly twice as much as Krasic considering his poor season and inconsistent performances overall. Most would probably work on lower wages than Krasic, as well.

I just don't think Krasic or Elia would be good purchases, nor do I particularly like the idea of dealing with Juve.

Daily Fail reporting that Tello would cost around £7m. I think I'd rather take the punt on him than Krasic, honestly. (LINK)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:19 am

RedOranje wrote:de Jong is valued by Twente at £12.5m currently. Considering reported interest from other clubs, he'll likely go to £15m. Schurrle, Afellay, and the like would probably move for a similar price. I'd say they're all worth roughly twice as much as Krasic considering his poor season and inconsistent performances overall. Most would probably work on lower wages than Krasic, as well.

I just don't think Krasic or Elia would be good purchases, nor do I particularly like the idea of dealing with Juve.

Daily Fail reporting that Tello would cost around £7m. I think I'd rather take the punt on him than Krasic, honestly. (LINK)

Then again its Daily Fail ! ! ! affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 am

Hey, I am curious, how do you guys want this summer to go? who do you want to sign and who do you think will sign? And how will Liverpool line up next season?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:25 am

Kick wrote:Hey, I am curious, how do you guys want this summer to go? who do you want to sign and who do you think will sign? And how will Liverpool line up next season?

Want:
Sigurdsson
Diame/back-up DM
de Jong/Gaston Ramirez/similar
Tello/similar (if Downing is sold)

Expect:
Sigurdsson
Krasic/Elia/Kalou
Tello/similar/Someone unexpected (like the Meireles signing)

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas
Sigurdsson/Shelvey/Cole - Gerrard/Henderson/Adam
New Signing - Carroll - Suarez

Last edited by RedOranje on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:30 am

Not a 4-2-3-1 with Sigurdsson in AM?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:34 am

Swansea didn't use a 4-2-3-1, nor did we regularly last season. I see no reason why Rodgers would suddenly use it now. That formation wouldn't really fit with the players the club has either.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 am

I suppose you are right, although, Sigurdsson was always in a more advanced role.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Kick wrote:I suppose you are right, although, Sigurdsson was always in a more advanced role.
He may do the same with us. Rodgers didn't use a traditional 4-2-3-1, nor a traditional 4-3-3. He used a 4-3-3 adapted to fill out his conceptual "zones" on the pitch. Because of this, all three midfielders have slightly different roles. For Swansea, Sigurdsson played the more attacking role, making it appear at times that he was the CAM in a 4-2-3-1. He may very well do the same thing at Liverpool. Gerrard will most likely be dropping a little deeper as he did for much of the season last year, and he is doing to England right now.

Red outline it pretty well when he posted this:

-------------------------Reina
----------Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
-------------------------Lucas
---Sigurdsson/Shelvey/Cole - Gerrard/Henderson/Adam(Aquilani)
-----------New Signing - Carroll - Suarez

Though it could just as likely be this:

-------------------------Reina
----------Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
-------------------------Lucas
---Sigurdsson/Shelvey/Cole - Gerrard/Henderson/Adam/Aquilani
Luuk De Jong/Krasic/Kalou* - Suarez - Gaston Ramiez/Tello/Downing*

Given Rodgers' preference for a mobile, ball-controlling striker, there have been concerns over Carroll's place in the team. We won't really know until we see him in action. Though, the transfers we complete could give us a hint.

*Obviously, we aren't going to sign all of those players, but they are all options that we have been linked with.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-cole-and-sigurdsson

Rodgers said: "First and foremost, Gylfi is a Hoffenheim player.

"I took him on loan for the second half of last season and he did very, very well. He scored seven goals and made a real, positive contribution.

"I wanted to sign him for Swansea but, like I've said to him and his representatives, that has to be his first port of call.

"If he comes into the market for whatever reason - and I'm sure there'll be a number of clubs interested in Gylfi - then of course I would like to be in a position to put our case here at Liverpool to sign him.

"But I've always said, I think he's a player Swansea have had an agreement with and they have to have every chance to try and sign him. That's only right.

"If anything changes from that, we'll look at it from there."

Rodgers has a shortlist of players he wants to tempt to Liverpool but, beyond clarifying his position on Sigurdsson, he is reluctant to make public his intentions.

"I like to very much keep my counsel on potential targets," he said.

"I think there are a few players who can come in and improve the group straight away.

"I know the types of player I need to bring here to make us function well and that's something myself, the club and the board will look at.

"The problem with a club like Liverpool is they get linked with every player going. It looks like, with every player linked plus the players we've already got, we're going to have five or six teams next year.

"That's the way of the world these days. Every player wants to play for Liverpool. The magnitude, the size and the history of the club, and the quality of the people here in the city, means people will want to come and play here.

"The problem is, everyone can't.

"I know what we've got, more or less, in the squad, but I also know there are a couple of signings that could really improve what we do.

"That's something we'll work together on over the course of the summer and hopefully we can get one or two in."

As well as new names that could appear on the Liverpool teamsheet next term, Rodgers is also keen to give a fresh start to those already in the squad.

One player whose Anfield career could be revived is Cole.

The 30-year-old spent last season on loan at French side Lille, scoring nine goals in 42 appearances.

However, he is now set to return to Merseyside for pre-season following a meeting with Rodgers, who will assess Cole and other players as the Reds prepare for their 2012-13 campaign.

"I met up with Joe Cole when I was in Spain," said the boss.

"I certainly know he's looking to come back. I've got to assess all the players.

"With the likes of Joe - he's a very talented player. He's obviously gone out to Lille and done very well and he has the opportunity to come back here and show his qualities.

"For me it's fresh for everyone. I'll be new into the club. Of course I know lots of the players and their qualities but Joe is obviously a player who'll want to come back and show his worth to the group.

"There are a lot of players I'm aware of and they wouldn't be at Liverpool if they didn't have the qualities.

"I suppose going forward and over the course of pre-season I just need to decide the types of players who are going to fit into the function and the philosophy and the structure of the team.

"When a new manager comes into any club, it always sparks off that renewed motivation for players.

"The cycle with Kenny was a terrific cycle but I'm a different tactician and a different type of person and that will give all the players an opportunity to perform."

Rodgers spoke at length to club captain Steven Gerrard before being announced as Kenny Dalglish's replacement - and in the last two weeks further discussions have taken place with other senior stars.

"I've had constant communication with Steven through texts and whatnot," said Rodgers. "I've spoken to Jamie Carragher at good length and I spoke to Luis Suarez the other day, which was nice. I've had good contact with one or two of the other players as well.

"The players have been very good."

Rodgers will have to wait several more weeks before he can work with his new squad, many of whom are competing in the European Championships.

The Northern Irishman has kept an eye on matches taking place in Ukraine and Poland - but his main focus has been on familiarising himself with the corridors of Melwood.

And when the TV is switched on, Rodgers has been just as interested in the men in the studio as those on the pitch.

He explained: "I've watched a bit of it but I can't say I've watched every single game because I've been working here at Melwood until late at night and trying to throw every second of my time into looking at ways for us to move forward.

"I've obviously taken an interest in England and particularly our boys who are involved. I've also taken an interest in Jamie Carragher as a pundit!

"He is a wonderful character. We had a good chat after the press conference. He's a good guy. He's a wonderful representation of this club.

"This club is full of legends of the game and we've got two current ones in terms of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. I can relate to people like that - people who have passion for the club and the city.

"He takes a real interest in his football. He's got a real passion and love for it and I'm sure once his playing days are finished he'll move onto that side but for now he's still got a terrific contribution to make for us as a team and as a group.

"I am really looking forward to working with him."

Though not watching every game himself, Rodgers does have a team of scouts monitoring players at the Euros.

"There are people and coverage," he said.

"A club like this, the network of scouts has to cover the big tournaments and other games, so there'll be extensive coverage out there on behalf of the club."

Nothing new really except the fact that he really wants Sigurdsson and Cole will most probably be given a second chance.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Russia's Euro-star Dzagoev, 21, is apparently open to a move to a big European league. Not exactly what we need (CAM), but got me thinking nevertheless hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Le Samourai wrote:He is kinda like Deco with a hint of Mueller from what I've seen of him (about 10-12 games ) going all the way back to 2009 when he scored against United in the CL.

Offensively he is a bit inconsistent and his final ball is great at times but it's inconsistent, while he is a good enough finisher and run maker.

He pops up everywhere right left , through the centre, is quick and tricky enough to make runs etc, but I think Ideally he needs a free role starting from the centre so he can move into space as he sees fit. (A bit like Ozil in that regard).

His biggest strength IMO is his distribution, dropping back playing quick passes to wingers , having the attack flow through him , and he seems to be developing the ability to get between the lines and make runs into the box.

Overall I don't think he's a SS of a CF and I don't think however the freedom allowed in 3-5-2 for the SS can perhaps make it a 3-5-1-1 and make him a great fit.

Edit: And I forgot to mention he presses like a animal ,works really really hard , kind of like Nedved.

^^My post in the Juve section

Sould we be interested? Red seems confident in Henderson, and it's Gerrard's currently so we don't lack depth there...and in any case he isn't a depth player, wherever he goes he should be a starter and should play no position other than CAM.

So I don't see it as completely feasible.Something like this

-Henderson-Lucas-Gerrard
--------Dzago-------------
----------------Suarez----
--------Carrol------------

would be interesting, as I mentioned before, from what I;ve seen , he has the defensive acumen to perhaps make such an ultra attacking formation function.He can drift left easily once there is space to run into , so the formation would not completely lack width....but it would underutilize Caroll's aerial game.

The highlighted portion is important.

He needs wide presences to get a rhythm to his play, so Stevie, Hendo and especially Suarez will have to be very willing to run outwide , stretch the defense and combine with him.

No wingers in this formation so it is a worry.

This is small sample of games and they were all against relatively difficult opposition.I did not factor his Euro games into this, as they seem to be using him in a quite different position.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Liverpool will loan out Aquilani for another year to Milan with an obligatory buy-out clause set at €1 million. (via Sky Italia)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Nishank wrote:Liverpool will loan out Aquilani for another year to Milan with an obligatory buy-out clause set at €1 million. (via Sky Italia)
that is soooo tight by us
Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 10 Gifler10
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Nishank wrote:Liverpool will loan out Aquilani for another year to Milan with an obligatory buy-out clause set at €1 million. (via Sky Italia)

Evil or Very Mad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Nishank wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

wow If there's any truth to that, we can just shoot ourselves in the faces.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm

I read somewhere, Aquilani might stay. It was an interview with his agent
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 am

Nishank wrote:I read somewhere, Aquilani might stay. It was an interview with his agent
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11854/7826132/Aquilani-waits-on-Rodgers

Unless there's something more recent than this, I don't believe he will be returning to Milan. They pimped us over better than Juve did when they sent him back. Juve tried to lower the price, but they never asked him to terminate his contract so they could pick him up on a free.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Diame has joined West Ham. Thats one guy of the list Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Linked with Borini.

btw, Aquilani is an absolute mercenary, I f*cking hate the guy I'd punch him to death if possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:47 am

City have bid 20M for Skrtel

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am

No, The Mirror has reported that City are "preparing a £20million bid." There's a huge difference between a less-than-reliable news source reporting a bid is being prepared and a bid actually being made.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 am

Schweini wrote:Linked with Borini.

btw, Aquilani is an absolute mercenary, I f*cking hate the guy I'd punch him to death if possible
To be fair, we pimped Aquilani over on several occasions. You can't blame him for wanting to keep his options open. I just hope we get a fair price for him if he goes.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am

Schweini wrote:City have bid 20M for Skrtel
IF they do, and I frankly believe it's a big if, I think we should consider it.

I love Skrtel as a player, and I really hope he stays. That said, 20 mil is a severe over-valuation, and he isn't irreplaceable. He's a very good defender, probably one of the best in the Premier League. However, if they are willing to pay nearly double what he's likely likely worth, we could certainly put the funds to good use. Less than half of that money could be used to secure his replacement (perhaps with Simon Kjaer, Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Matteo Mussachio heading the list...). the other half or so could bolster our other transfer efforts.

I'm still having a hard time seeing Man City swoop for him, though. He would obviously be a replacement for Lescott. However, it's not as though Lescott had a howler of a season. He was actually quite solid at the back for them. It's debatable just how big an improvement Skrtel would be. Additionally, he's only 2 years younger than Lescott. If Man City are going to spend 20 million on a CB, I would expect it to be a younger one that will be at the club for a while to come. That's not to say they won't do it. I just don't think it's as likely as people seem to think after Skrtel's strong season.

All in all, I'd prefer that Skrtel stay. If he's happy at the club, I'm more than happy for him to remain at the back for years to come. However, if he wants to go, I'm merely suggesting it's not the end of the world.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next