Conte: "A great performance"

Go down

Conte: "A great performance" Empty Conte: "A great performance"

Post by Juveman17 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Antonio Conte could barely conceal his delight after watching his Bianconeri side breeze past Novara to register their eighth victory on the trot and maintain their three-point lead over Milan.

The 42-year old began: “We know we’ve got a great opponent as our rivals. But we’re also aware that we’re masters of our own destiny. Novara beat Lazio and wanted to trip us up, but we were focused taking to the field and I’m happy, not just about the result, but also because I saw the team put in a strong performance. We immediately broke the deadlock. If that had also occurred in Cesena, perhaps we would have also seen what happened today.”

Conte once again sprung a surprise with his team selection, including Giaccherini and Borriello at the expense of De Ceglie and Quagliarella.

“We expected to come up against a team who sat back. Giaccherini is strong in one-one-one situations and provides a good tempo. Borriello is in great condition, now he’s level with the others on a physical aspect and he’s adapted to our style of play. I’m very relaxed about my decisions, because I know whoever plays will give me 110%.”

The conversation then shifted to the Bianconeri rearguard, with Bonucci singled out for praise after playing his part in the team grinding out yet another clean sheet.

“Bonucci is having a great season and he’s learning that combining concentration and correctly channelled aggression, coupled with his technical qualities, makes him a highly valuable player for us.”

Conte opted to introduce Elia to proceedings midway through the second half, handing the winger an opportunity to register his first goal in black and white.

“I’m sorry he didn’t manage to score, because he deserved the satisfaction a goal would have brought. It would have given him morale, after a year in which he’s struggled to understand the way we play and had difficulties settling in.”

Juventus legends Giampiero Boniperti and Michel Platini were in the stands to watch the team’s resounding success, which represented another point of pride for the manager.

“I’m happy they saw a good game. Boniperti often follows us, while I think this was the first time Platini has seen us in person. I hope that he enjoyed the spectacle and will come to the stadium for one of our games.”
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum