free_cat
CBarca
BarcaKizz
The Sanchez
Khaled
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

paxtonpale wrote:I freaking want Afellay to play. This guy has been 2 weeks fully fit training with the club and has been left out for 5 games. Jonathan wouldn't be too bad but you have to reliase that we can't play him with tall players with Rayo (if they have any). Kieta is a physical player... better option. I wouldn't mind seeing him play in the next game though and maybe play Busquests in Xavi's role and see whether he can be the next Xavi?

We should stop with those expectations . '' New Xavi '' '' Next Pélé '' doesn't exist and never will

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Messi Pedro Sanchez haters, they all got 2 goals tonight. Deal with it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Alexis didnt even get 1, it got taken away lol

But superb performance none the less.

Nice to see Pedro back in the goals, didnt like his decision making in terms of passing but yeah, good to see him back in the goals.

We are so much better when Messi has runners on both sides and what I suspected was true I think, Pedro and Alexis are both better on the opposite sides they have been playing in.

Pedro is better on the right, Alexis on the left..all season they have played opposite really.

Pinto made a couple excellent saves, the free kick and another diving effort were excellent.

Oh, and Thiago is just crazy. Its is really impossible to dislike the guy, he works so hard and has immense talent. You dont see centermids with his ability to carry the ball via dribble this often.

And also, as much as I love Machete, I wish he would chill with the long balls. Does a couple too many for my liking.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

The referee has given Barcelona's second goal to Alexis #fcblive He didn't see it as an own-goal by Rayo's Rober [catalunya radio]
One goal then sorry.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Pedro's 2nd goal.

Classic.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 pm

177 goals.
104 goals.
65 goals + 29 assists.
great match.. Pedro is back to scoring goals... Afellay back from injury... Montoya played 90 minutes... Pinto with 3 great saves and clean-sheet preparing for the Copa Final...

Visca el Barca <3
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Whats the most goals scored in one season, official matches only? - Too lazy to google it Razz
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Afellay played 20 minutes

Chaka
La Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 WankLa Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 WankLa Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 WankLa Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 WankLa Liga: Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona - Page 2 Wank
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 am

Yeah, he even step up the last one (though Messi got the legit assist). It was interesting because he came on and played as the attacking mid. A few times he plaeyd there in pre season and the last game of last season! Good to see him play and he should get a start soon! Ibi! Montoya full 90 minutes! Shows how much he has to show for next season! Pinto is hitting the stacks now! 3 saves and well he hasn't played a game since January! Good work!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 am

Very good performance, a pity we couldn't put a 50% of this vs. Chelsea. Sad
The opposition wasn't the same either, this Rayo Vallecano guys dribled themselves. Incredible that they were so high in the table since some weeks ago.

Good game from everyone, especially Thiago, Pedro and KEITA. Messi was ok too, but to his standards is not commendable.

I agree with Dani, Thiago is just crazy. He needs to play more concentrated: he is so good and talented that he missess passess and loses the ball because he is not 100% in the match.
He is already as good as any other barça midfielder vs. midtable teams.

I don't think that it can be said that Pedro had bad decision making and passing: he gave two assists and almost a third, and barely lost balls, not to mention some pieces of skill, like that outrageous backheel pass. A very stupid move from Pep not to play him in the 3 most important matches of the season. It has cost us.

Alexis had a good game too, his pass to Pedro in the first goal was phenomenal and he made a good run for the second, although clearly the goal shouldn't have been given to him (his shot wasn't going to goal, I suspect he crossed) but anyway, it's always good that it was given to him.

Once again, although in very different circumstances, the 433 proves to be at least as good as the 343 in attack and superior in defence.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:30 am

Yeah good game. I agree this showed who we should have played as a front 3 in our most important games. They showed the kind of teamwork that MVP showed last season too.

The guys standing on the roof... that was just awesome, don't see that often these days. Nice stadium Very Happy

Best to comment on each player:

Pinto- For me... its time to promote Oier. Keep Pinto on for a season, but don't use him much. Oier is better and better with the ball at his feet (though Mino is better at this again). Oier is getting older and will want his chance and Pinto is just past it.

Montoya- Good safe display. Sometimes players get in behind him a bit too easily. He needs to commit some more 'smart fouls' like Alves and Abidal do to break up play etc. Also improve his positioning etc at times, but I think this will come with time. Very good on the ball and goes past defenders with his pace at times.

Masch- I agree... too many long balls. Most were useless.

Thiago- Early on he was losing balls left, right and centre but he got his composure after 20 mins in. I think I'll be more restrained, I agree Thiago is a phenomenon, but today he only became a beast after they were down like 2-0. Some great dribbles and passing once he hit his groove, super talent. Should be used more and does a great job at controlling games.

Keita- Again, agree with free. He was very good today. His passing was excellent, he made some great runs. Scored the goal, assisted Alexis...

Pedro- Chaka Thank god... Best game I've seen from him in maybe a year. Off the ball made some great runs, continually working and linked well with Alexis and Messi. Deserved his goals and a top assist too. Good to see him smiling again. Needs some good form to be picked for the Euros.

Alexis- Also had a pretty good game. I agree, it wasn't a goal, but I think he deserved one for his performance. Wonderful ball to Pedro :bow: And then another great ball to Messi before Pedro scored. He actually did a nice dribble past the left back but tripped as he was going past him. Still confident he will improve and hopefully will get some more confidence.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:37 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Pedro- Deserved his goals and a top assist too.

Alexis- He actually did a nice dribble past the left back but tripped as he was going past him.

You are right about Thiago, he was bad the first 20 minutes, but I think it was something general. All the team strugled during those first 15 minutes.

Pedro had 2 assists, second one was also quite top, cause he had to foul Afellay to get the ball and pass it to Messi. Very Happy

Alexis tripped....... or dived¿?

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:16 am

Yeah, you're right, but I think its the job of the midfield to get the team settled. He was in particular bad though.

No I think on this occasion he tripped because he didn't yell for the foul like usual.

What did you make of the celebration incident? I didn't understand, didn't look too bad to me, just looked like they were dancing. However, camera angle was from behind. I still don't get all the fuss.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 am

I get the fuss. We just lost the league and the CL in the last 10 days. There's nothing to celebrate with dances. Plus, it was the fifth goal at Vallecano's stadium, which was a bit disrespectful to the crowd. I completely understand Puyol reaction and if Pep is angry too, I was angry when I saw it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:45 am

OK. I understand, I didn't even think about it like that. I thought it was because the dance looked mildly like 'spanking' lol.

Nothing to kick a fuss up about in my opinion... Thought it was unnecessary.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 am

Gomez83 wrote:Whats the most goals scored in one season, official matches only? - Too lazy to google it Razz

177 goals is an all-time record..

Previous Record; Barcelona 2008-09 (158) and Real Madrid 1959-60 (158)..

note: Real Madrid has 165 so far this season.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 am

12 goals in 3 matches (average of 4), don't think they can beat the record.

They are likely to beat Barcelona's record of 99 points and reach triple figures.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 am

Great game from us.
After 3 disappointing games it was important to come back strongly,even if it was an unimportant game.
That was the best I have seen our forward line for close to a year.
Excellent movement,fluidity,link up and passing among the 3.
Pedro was very good.I saw the Pedro of the last 2 seasons.By far his best game of the season.
Alexis too had a very good game.Got a bit deceived by him.
The defender yelled boo and Alexis actually tried to take him on.
Messi was Messi.Great passing and a brace for the night.
Keita had a very good game.Saw a couple of through balls,some very good passes and even a dragback.Didnt know he had it in him.
Thiago is just scary.Its ridiculous the amount of talent he possesses.
Gave the ball away a lot in the first 20 but then was almost unplayable.
Adriano once again showed why Alba is a useless signing.
All in all a great game.

The one worrying sign for me was Alves not starting.Makes me worry that there might be some truth to the transfer rumours.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

Alves not starting probably has a lot more to do with giving Montoya deserved minutes than testing Alves' replacement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alves not starting probably has a lot more to do with giving Montoya deserved minutes than testing Alves' replacement.

I agree... he rested a lot of players. Xavi, Iniesta and Alves all did not start. While there is a sense we should continue to play strong teams, there is no doubt a willingness now to play youth and backup players in these final games. Montoya probably just played for this reason. Pinto, Thiago and Keita too...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm

I forgot to talk about Keita, I did intent to. He was excellent..so much better when he plays midfield rather than DM. He made a reverse pass with his right foot, chipped over the defence.

Great pass, I didnt know he had that in him. Its performances like these which nobody would be unhappy about.

I think to me, Pedro, Alexis and Messi showed that they should play as much as possible as a 3 man front line. It just makes everyone better, them and the midfielders who want targets.

Every season that goes by, the important of 3 REAL forwards in our system continues to show itself more and more.

I hope Tito leaves Iniesta out of this like Pep failed to.

When Villa went down, Alexis should of taken his role and that was it. All the reconfig wasnt needed at all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2