Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

+20
Emaharg
Lex
The Verminator
RED
lenear1030
RealGunner
MJ
SamuelJayC
Eman
6unner
julias
usman111
Sina
Twoism
waitressinthesky
Raptorgunner
djoe26
EL Patron
aleumdance
Jay29
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

djoe26 wrote:Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been shit recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

It' s not their fault, they were awful that's all Very Happy

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

Post by 6unner Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Don't really think that we are blaming wither one of them for every defeat. It is more that if they are on the field it is like we are playing a man down and others should be on the pitch.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 pm

djoe26 wrote:Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been bad recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

djoe26 wrote:Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been bad recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

He played a huge role in this defeat, nothing useful he did today or other matches. if you look at the highlights again it was the mid field that couldnt create anything for wings/strikers. nobody deserves so much confidence when he himself doesnt have confidence in him.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 pm

djoe26 wrote:Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been shit recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

like I said the whole team played like crap except Tomas and Yossi, even RVP was bad. Fans raging against Ramsey because what he usually does sticks out the most, and he seems to never learn.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Wigan defended to the death and capitalized on our mistakes, and we couldn't figure out how to deal with it. Classic Arsenal.

A number of players were below par today btw. Blaming any one individual is not fair.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

mate, a team is system, when one system breaks, the whole body fails simple, when we have Arteta, he leverages the team, he brings balance to the force..

Ramsey was brought in to play in his side, and just did everything wrong, by the second half like I told ya already, we had no midfield for opening 20 Minutes Cuz Ramsey was not even pressing anymore.. and when he had the ball, he did his best to lose it
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I think we all just get frustrated that Theo/Ramsey/etc. are given minutes even when players like Yossi are sent to the bench. Not their fault.

Also, Santos looked horrible. And I'm usually sticking up for that gay. (Twitter reference, not homophobia.)

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 pm

We have to get Arteta fit for Saturday, he glues the midfield together...we play Britannia and we are going to have play Ramsey against Stoke Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Next 2 fixtures - Chelsea (h) Stoke (a) Sad
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:

It' s not their fault, they were awful that's all Very Happy

Ramsey didnt play in his natural position today, played Arteta's role today which he didnt seems to fit in. But if you look at his stats today then it doesnt look that bad.
Jamie Sanderson ‏

Aaron Ramsey statistically sound: 89% pass accuracy, 92 touches, 3 long balls, 2 dribbles, 1 interception, won 1 aerial duel.
Walcott was clueless today, not his day and should've taken off after first half. But unfortunately Wenger didnt see it that way.

6unner wrote:Don't really think that we are blaming wither one of them for every defeat. It is more that if they are on the field it is like we are playing a man down and others should be on the pitch.

If you want to then i can waste my time dig out every single topic and post about it. And this is what is happening right now.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm

He played in his natural position as a box to box midfielder and he was average, him and Theo are pub team players...they don't suit the way we play.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 pm

COMPLACENT.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Arsene Wenger confirms Mikel Arteta is out of Chelsea game and his injury is "very bad". Unsure on if season is over.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

MJGunner wrote:COMPLACENT.

Said it one.

I've udpated the first post. Not much of an analysis of the performance, but more of an attempt to instill a sense of perpsective.

I can't be arsed to debate about Ramsey and Walcott and all that rubbish, but I will say this: scapegoating is a terrible practice that needs to stop. To blame Ramsey and Walcott tonight is unfair, regarldess of your overall opiniion of those two players. I've no problem with people criticising players, but at least criticise the ones who deserve it and not the same two players every time, just because you have some sort of grudge against them.

Sagna had a torrid against Moses tonight, but no one seems to pointing that out. Song was terrible in midfield, tackling from the wrong side and sending long passes everywhere but an Arsenal player. Van Persie was invisible. Gervinho came on and hardly passed the ball; he just tired to dribble everywhere.

Case in point, you can pick out only three players that actually played well (Vermaelen, Rosicky and Benayoun).

Also, can we please stop treating Chamberlain like he's some sort of saviour? Can't go a game without people complaining that Chamberlain is not starting, or that he's not coming on a sub... there's a very good reason for that: he's not ready to play every game. He hasn't got that consistency to start every match. He's still only 18 years old and has a long way to go in his development.

/rant

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Where is the consistency ?? drop 6 points against two relegation team is not enough. Yes you are entitled to have the occasional slip up when you are not at your best but twice is taking the mick Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? - Page 2 2276801876
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Blame rasmey for what ?

What do you want him to do exactly ? He was covering song's ass every single time when song went on his maradona runs and was trying xavi-esque passing.

Blame Ramsey when he actually performs shit, Dont just scapegoat him for no reason at all
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Twoism wrote:

like I said the whole team played like crap except Tomas and Yossi, even RVP was bad. Fans raging against Ramsey because what he usually does sticks out the most, and he seems to never learn.

Well said. Maybe he is over trying to impress.

aleumdance wrote:
mate, a team is system, when one system breaks, the whole body fails simple, when we have Arteta, he leverages the team, he brings balance to the force..

Ramsey was brought in to play in his side, and just did everything wrong, by the second half like I told ya already, we had no midfield for opening 20 Minutes Cuz Ramsey was not even pressing anymore.. and when he had the ball, he did his best to lose it

Wasnt Arteta playing when we conceded those two quick goals? So whose fault is that when we conceded those goals? Ramsey wasnt playing then why are you not blaming anyonelse for those goals? hadnt we conceded those goals then we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Some of your comments doesnt even make sense and i dont know why iam even replaying to your comments. All i am saying is that Ramsey & Walcott played "shit" today but those were not alone. Dont blame individuals for the defeat, blame the team.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Urg, Arteta out for the season... scary stuff.

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Said it one.

I've udpated the first post. Not much of an analysis of the performance, but more of an attempt to instill a sense of perpsective.

I can't be arsed to debate about Ramsey and Walcott and all that rubbish, but I will say this: scapegoating is a terrible practice that needs to stop. To blame Ramsey and Walcott tonight is unfair, regarldess of your overall opiniion of those two players. I've no problem with people criticising players, but at least criticise the ones who deserve it and not the same two players every time, just because you have some sort of grudge against them.

Sagna had a torrid against Moses tonight, but no one seems to pointing that out. Song was terrible in midfield, tackling from the wrong side and sending long passes everywhere but an Arsenal player. Van Persie was invisible. Gervinho came on and hardly passed the ball; he just tired to dribble everywhere.

Case in point, you can pick out only three players that actually played well (Vermaelen, Rosicky and Benayoun).

Also, can we please stop treating Chamberlain like he's some sort of saviour? Can't go a game without people complaining that Chamberlain is not starting, or that he's not coming on a sub... there's a very good reason for that: he's not ready to play every game. He hasn't got that consistency to start every match. He's still only 18 years old and has a long way to go in his development.

/rant
Why was he not played on the wing instead of Theo ?? he couldn't have done any worse tbf. instead of playing him on the wing and let him affect the game, Wenger put him in midfield :vagi:

Last edited by gunnerlistick on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Said it one.

/rant

Quality post mate. Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Michael Gooner ⚽️ ‏ @MickTheGooner

Arsenal win ratio in #EPL with Mikel Arteta 76%, without Arteta 0% #AbsolutelyCrucial
No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Why was he not played on the wing instead of Theo ?? he couldn't have done any worse tbf. instead of playing him on the wing and let him affect the game, Wenger put him in midfield I was deceived...

Wenger went for it and took off Djourou and put Song at centre back. Chasing the game, that made sense since we had more attackers on the field. As frustratingly inconsistent as Walcott is, he can score goals and we really didn't have anything to gain from having Djourou on the field still (not a slight against Djourou, btw).

Not like Song was being effective in midfield, either. Chamberlain was brought on to add more cutting edge but he didn't really provide it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Theo should still have went off, every tom, dick and harry could see he was not going to beat Beausjour or figueroa, i would have put Ox on at half time not because he is some sort of messiah but at least he can give the leftback something to thinking about, all Theo did all afternoon was the old punt and run method :facepalm: so frustrating
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

To be fair to Wenger he was forced into making a change early on. Maybe Walcott would've gone off as well had he still had that third sub available to him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 pm

I cant stand Ramsey, but he is not to blamed for the loss.... Lion's share goes to Wenger.

Walcott had yet another one of his ghost games today, smh. I dont expect Walcott to produce every game, because my expectations of him are realistic; I know he is a 'form' player. What upsets me is that when he has these games, Wenger never takes him off or waits until the 85th minute :facepalm: Like, subbing Benayoun for Gervinho while Theo pulls one of his vanishing act performances, WTF?

Djourou starting makes me miss Koscielny more every single minute he's on the pitch.

and Sagna who's just about world class, if not was getting TOASTED by Moses.

idk, I think this team still has a ways to go as far as attitude and mindset goes. every time i look up, i see training pictures of guys laughing and joking around with each other. maybe im making too much of it but at times it doesn't seem like the team's focus is all the way there at times...
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Your players should have watched the way Wigan completely outplayed United on Wednesday. They are a very good team on form atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next