Doc
harhar11
zizzle
Pedram
SuperFlorenLegend
Blue Barrett
17 posters

Go down

Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans Empty Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo turned down four penalty appeals by the home side at Stamford Bridge three years ago as Barcelona reached the Champions League final at Chelsea’s expense with a late goal.

The 45 year old was subjected to death threats from irate Chelsea fans and has told The Guardian that he still receives occasional abuse.

"It has lasted and I get about three to four emails [from Chelsea fans] a year," Ovrebo said.

"It is not nice but nothing too serious, either. I don't let it upset me or my family. They do not know much about it as I do not show them the emails."

Speaking about his performance during the controversial game three years ago, Ovrebo added: "Looking back there are certainly things I would have done differently. I learnt a lot from that experience.

"But all referees will tell you that they have good and bad matches, moments they do well and moments they do not so well, that is all part of the job. I cannot keep regrets about this one match. My life has to move on from this."
Well now he's feeling bad about it?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans Empty Re: Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans

Post by SuperFlorenLegend Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I have him in my Facebook. I salute his mother sometimes. Very Happy
SuperFlorenLegend
SuperFlorenLegend
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans Empty Re: Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Joke of a referee.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 pm

"But all referees will tell you that they have good and bad matches, moments they do well and moments they do not so well, that is all part of the job. I cannot keep regrets about this one match. My life has to move on from this."

lol
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 pm

SuperFlorenLegend wrote:I have him in my Facebook. I salute his mother sometimes. Very Happy
Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

And they call us barca fans sore losers Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 pm

we'll talk when the refs cost u a CL :coffee:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Who was the linesman who didn't call the 7 yard offside goal against Fiorentina? If it was this boob head of a ref, I'm certain that it is more than one match...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 pm

I was just watching highlights of that game, what a disgrace :coffee:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 pm

harhar11 wrote:And they call us barca fans sore losers Laughing
harhar - grammer check your sig.
I'm stunned to see a Barca fan not knowing how to write hypocrisy. I thought they teach you all about it in first class of "How to become a good Barca fan(boy)" school.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

lol your sig is only embarrassing yourself btw haha :facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

How do people even get his email? lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Aensensen wrote:
I'm stunned to see a Barca fan not knowing how to write hypocrisy. I thought they teach you all about it in first class of "How to become a good Barca fan(boy)" school.

If they actually teach any language to the fans(obviously they dont) it would be catalan and not english... Laughing

and I didnt know that you were forced to know english 100% to be able to post here. But anyway, thanks spelling police I will correct it. Thumbs up
zizzle wrote:we'll talk when the refs cost u a CL :coffee:

They have, when we played against your team.. oh and against chelsea som years ago

Milan31 wrote:
lol your sig is only embarrassing yourself btw haha :facepalm:

How is it? aint my fault the guy doesnt practice what he preaches and its just that what I laugh about, same way how I felt embarrassed of Laporta's hypocrisy.

And btw aint the first time that some guys quote get posted as a signature, I remember free_cat saying that xavi is humble and respectful as a signature by some posters,so why aint I allowed to have a signature about a guys hypocrisy?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 pm

harhar11 wrote:

zizzle wrote:we'll talk when the refs cost u a CL :coffee:

They have, when we played against your team.. oh and against chelsea som years ago

yea playing against 10 men is such a disadvantage, no wonder you lost
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

If they actually teach any language to the fans(obviously they dont) it would be catalan and not english... Laughing

and I didnt know that you were forced to know english 100% to be able to post here. But anyway, thanks spelling police I will correct it. Thumbs up
You're really not making this any easier for me, are you? It's not spelling police but "Grammar Nazi", duh Rolling Eyes

Ovrebo says he's still getting grief from Chelsea fans Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK0ZewcLyY_Idw8HCIDWkBJixVN2HD_riCWQLW_leMWngDhd-g

These guys :brickwall:

Anehwey, nice to see you didn't succumb to my finesse trolling touch Thumbs up

Although, you correcting your sig is just so :vagi:
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:42 am

phhht sucks to be you Tom Henning Stupid
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:34 am

Yea and we still do. Because Chelsea comlplained after they were denied atleast three penalties and ultimately lost, while you guys complain when you draw. :facepalm:
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 am

I am not surprised.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 am

The Verminator wrote:
Yea and we still do. Because Chelsea comlplained after they were denied atleast three penalties and ultimately lost, while you guys complain when you draw. :facepalm:
Arsenal fan talking about other teams complaining after not getting a favorable result :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

Albiceleste wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
Arsenal fan talking about other teams complaining after not getting a favorable result :facepalm:
Well i'm not wrong am I? And I have a right to say what i did. With the amount of success you guys have achieved, i'm surprised that you all whine after a draw or loss. How many times have we seen a Scandal in La Liga thread after you guys don't win? And us? yea majority Arsenal fans complained about the pitch in Milan coz we need the wings. But what about when we lost to Swansea and other clubs? If there is a stupid ref call in that match, we don't go around making threads about the call like you guys do almost all the time. And most of the time our fans get upset with Wenger and the squad. If you're gonna say something, atleast make sure that you know what you're saying please. :facepalm:
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm

When is Webb going to come out clean, at least his distance relative has.

Good to know that he has admitted he help Barca out.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 pm

I don't blame them. This c*** robbed them off a final. He also robbed Fiorentina the following season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 pm

RED 80s. wrote:I don't blame them. This c*** robbed them off a final. He also robbed Fiorentina the following season.

Ironically both team he helped beat us as well... in essence he screwd us over as well... :vagi:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 am

You're a mod now.. :vagi:

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:39 am

What he did ( or not ) is One of the WORST refereeing performance ever
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum