C.Marchisio #8
Internal
Milantildeath
102 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Arquitecto Tue 14 Aug - 1:19:28

Ummmm.... Guys need I remind you these are FRIENDLIES being played. Again.... International FRIENDLIES.

Which means the result is absolutely meaningless.

Which also means this is the prime time to optimize on experimentation, testing other prospects and alternatives, testing news systems.

The blindest coach is the one who takes friendlies seriously whilst playing the Full XI and not having the slightest clue on how to use, develop and variate with other alternatives in the tactical and systematic spectrum.

smh

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue 14 Aug - 2:06:30

They're not completely meaningless honestly.

Very much looking forward to see what Destro can do for the senior team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue 14 Aug - 2:44:30

Arquitecto wrote:Ummmm.... Guys need I remind you these are FRIENDLIES being played. Again.... International FRIENDLIES.

Which means the result is absolutely meaningless.

Which also means this is the prime time to optimize on experimentation, testing other prospects and alternatives, testing news systems.

The blindest coach is the one who takes friendlies seriously whilst playing the Full XI and not having the slightest clue on how to use, develop and variate with other alternatives in the tactical and systematic spectrum.

smh

For me, it's just odd seeing Italy without a single Juventus player
At least to see Giovinco get some playing time. I'd also like to see Marrone get a try, Masi [who's name has exploded a bit lately] as well.

However, I'm quite pleased Juventus doesn't have to risk their players so close to the start of the season

I'm excited to see this team nonetheless

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue 14 Aug - 8:05:23

El Shaarawy >>>>

this Italy team >>>>>>>>>>>
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue 14 Aug - 8:16:32

There are no Napoli and Juve players on the list since they just played a super cup over the weekend. There is No an agenda :facepalm:

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 15 Aug - 5:37:01

nasir6371 wrote:There are no Napoli and Juve players on the list since they just played a super cup over the weekend. There is No an agenda :facepalm:

This.

Balotelli omitted with an eye infection I've heard, hope he recovers quickly.

------------------------------
Cesare Prandelli has confirmed his starting XI against England, including Alessandro Diamanti and Mattia Destro. “They must prove they’re ready.”

The Italy boss has called up numerous new faces for tomorrow night’s friendly in Switzerland, resting the stars of the Euro 2012 campaign including injured Mario Balotelli.

He announced the line-up will include Ignazio Abate, Angelo Ogbonna, Alberto Aquilani, Diamanti, Destro and Stephan El Shaarawy.

“I have asked those who will play against England to dive headlong into the Azzurri spirit and try to prove they’re ready, even if I am practically sure they are,” said Prandelli in his Press conference.

“We must settle into the attitude needed for the World Cup qualifiers. If after the game I realise that at least two or three lads are ready, then I can consider myself satisfied.”

There is one doubt about the starting XI, as Roma’s new buy Federico Balzaretti is carrying a slight muscular injury.

If the full-back doesn’t make it, then Atalanta’s Federico Peluso will play instead.

“The tactical system will be flexible, so a 4-3-3 that can become a 4-3-1-2 depending on Diamanti’s position.”

PSG talent Marco Verratti is expected to make his senior Italy debut in the second half.

Italy line-up against England: Sirigu, Abate, Ogbonna, Astori, Balzaretti, De Rossi, Nocerino, Aquilani, Diamanti, Destro, El Shaarawy
------------------------------

Personally I'd have hoped to see Verratti and Poli from the beginning, whilst I dislike Diamanti's presence. I personally would have used a 4-3-3 along the lines of:

Poli---Verratti---De Rosi
Schelotto---Destro---El Shaarawy

It's still a promising thing to see from Prandelli, however the test comes in how he sticks with these youngsters and which members of the Euro 2012 squad he then chooses to recall. I'd love to see Acerbi and De Sciglio make their debuts in the second half, though it's likely to soon for Mattia. Even though it's a game against England, I'm still of the opinion that everyone deserves a run out in this game. I'd rather see everyone debut with the game ending in a draw rather than winning whilst learning nothing of our new players.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed 15 Aug - 14:58:20

Rossonero23 wrote:right..............4-0 against spain ring a bell? LOL

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tell me which Italy would be worse?

An Italy without Abate, Nocerino, Montolivo, and Cassano?

Or an Italy without Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giovinco, and Giaccherini?

I wasn't trying to say it was the wrong choice for a friendly. I'm happy that he didn't call up the Juve players because they need a rest. I'm saying and Italy without Juve players would lose so much quality and that's a fact.

I hope all these new faces get a good chance to prove themselves, especially Verratti.

And Luca, Alberto Masi and Luca Marrone were called up fro the U-21 game vs Netherlands so they will stil get some experience.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 15 Aug - 15:16:25

I hadn't realised Fabbrini had been called up to replace Balotelli in the squad, it will be interesting to see if he receives any game time. Hopefully he receives the adequate game time at Udinese to emerge as an option for the national team, though it wouldn't surprise me to see Guidolin use him mainly as a super-sub, with Muriel blocking Fabbrini's game time.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed 15 Aug - 18:19:21

juveman17 wrote:
Rossonero23 wrote:right..............4-0 against spain ring a bell? LOL

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tell me which Italy would be worse?

An Italy without Abate, Nocerino, Montolivo, and Cassano?

Or an Italy without Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giovinco, and Giaccherini?

I wasn't trying to say it was the wrong choice for a friendly. I'm happy that he didn't call up the Juve players because they need a rest. I'm saying and Italy without Juve players would lose so much quality and that's a fact.

I hope all these new faces get a good chance to prove themselves, especially Verratti.

And Luca, Alberto Masi and Luca Marrone were called up fro the U-21 game vs Netherlands so they will stil get some experience.

4-0. lulz

Italian National Team Thread - Page 14 7486311832_5474b9138a

:coffee:

good luck to all of the players called up. Cool
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed 15 Aug - 19:13:34

Seriously, blaming Juve for being only second in the Euros.. it's just too funny. Without those players Italy would have never got to the final, not even close.

Anyways, on topic: I'm looking forward to this match, always good to see young prospects getting playing time.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed 15 Aug - 19:56:00

i bet if italy lose today/draw today, one of you juve fans will start crying/praising juve. i just know it!!!! even though a friendly in august means nothing!

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed 15 Aug - 20:04:59

U21 friendlies:
Holland - Italy 0-3 :bow:
2' [0 - 1] L. Insigne
12' [0 - 2] C. Immobile
38' [0 - 3] A. Florenzi

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 15 Aug - 20:18:13

Immobile :bow:

The future of Italian players looks promising indeed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed 15 Aug - 22:54:36

Rossonero23 wrote:i bet if italy lose today/draw today, one of you juve fans will start crying/praising juve. i just know it!!!! even though a friendly in august means nothing!

smoking

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed 15 Aug - 22:55:19

[quote="Luca"]
Rossonero23 wrote:i bet if italy lose today/draw today, one of you juve fans will start crying/praising juve. i just know it!!!! even though a friendly in august means nothing!

#italjuve

lol.....
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed 15 Aug - 22:58:13

Luca wrote:

smoking
LOL Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed 15 Aug - 22:59:45

[quote="Rossonero23"]
Luca wrote:

#italjuve

lol.....

Definitely what Italy was lacking tonight

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug - 8:40:40

incredibly happy with prandelli's effort that he is testing and calling up young players. this is probably the first time its happening in italian football???

so glad to see el sharawwy veratti gabbiadini astori ogbonna destro playing... it doesnt matter if italians lost to england or they make mistake. important thing is they show their quality, and gain some valuable experience from it.

so much looking forward to world cup campaign.... and hoping to see insigne immobile faraoni santon called up too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug - 8:42:32

[quote="Luca"]
Rossonero23 wrote:
Luca wrote:

#italjuve

lol.....

can u juve guys stop taking credit for every azzurri success ... its all about italy in international front. no body gives a damn about juve milan inter or any club in international football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu 16 Aug - 22:49:12

[quote="JespSwe"]
Luca wrote:
Rossonero23 wrote:
Luca wrote:

#italjuve

lol.....

can u juve guys stop taking credit for every azzurri success ... its all about italy in international front. no body gives a damn about juve milan inter or any club in international football.

Sorry, don't take either of those posts seriously
Just banter

Anyways, I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud that Juventus consistently contributes a lot to the national team

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri 17 Aug - 1:28:41

Look I want to make a point to every Azzuri supporter that I've been wanting to make for quite a long time.

This is the Nazionale di calcio dell’Italia. Do you know what that means aside from its obvious wording? It means historically this is one of the few national teams which truly unites all Calcio watchers where club bias and support is completely ignored. If you are an Italia you will acknowledge and agree with this. If you are not, please continue supporting our country yet realize club bias DOES NOT exist when support La Nazionale.

This is not the Spanish NT
This is not the English National Team

This is the most overlooked quality of our wonderful support of the Azzuri colours that as an unwritten rule we leave club biases aside and support each and every player equally because in the end they are our countrymen.

Please remember this or don't bother support the Azzuri.

Also, there is no denying how much Juve have done for Italia as this is why my maternal side raised me to respect Juve in the end (thankfully not Inter Laughing)

Their will and endeavour to play and develop as many Italians as they can is very admirable. Look at their youth system, it is world class.

There were at least 3-4 matches this last year in the Serie A where they won (comfortably) with ALL Italian players. And for this they have my respect and should have yours as well.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 17 Aug - 1:33:51

Really well put arq

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri 17 Aug - 6:49:18

I've been unable to find better highlights of the U21 match, these unfortunately don't include replays of the goals, however it's the best I could manage. Fantastic goal from Immobile, I'm quite excited to see him at Genoa this season, though of course the name on everyone's lips remains Lorenzo Insigne.

I was unfortunately too exhausted to get up for the England match, however I've heard much that is encouraging concerning the likes of Destro and particularly Ogbonna.

I'm not particularly surprised to hear that El Shaarawy was unable to leave any lasting impact on the match, however these are the sorts of opportunities that whet the appetite and whilst I believe a spell in the U21 side will do him good, such an opportunity to debut is never wasted. El Shaarawy is a hard worker and a player of great talent, however he still needs to learn how to translate a work ethic on the pitch into an efficient use of his energy, knowing when to drop deep, when to stay forward, when to take on a player and when to release the ball. Such things will come naturally again with regular game time, however he's at a disadvantage to many of his peers such as Destro and Borini who are members of their respective first teams. He's still adapting to life away from Padova where he was the main man.

Prandelli has some very important decisions to make concerning which players are again called up once the majority of the Euro 2012 squad is again integrated back into the system for the qualifiers. Many names speak for themselves, however those on the fringes of both this selection and of Euro 2012 who are of particular interest to myself will be Insigne, Verratti, Poli and the battle of the fullbacks that may erupt between Santon, Criscito and De Ceglie. One final name of note that I'll be watching is Osvaldo, who may yet still have a future in this squad. It's never nice losing, however for a squad that had effectively never played with each other before, having little experience on the international scene it was an invaluable experience. I'd love to see such courage in the squad selection shown in the Confederations Cup in a year's time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri 17 Aug - 8:24:42

I think Insigne has what it takes to be with the national team, and be a starter. I really hope judging by the way our team looks now we can play like this going into the 2014 world cup. Call me crazy, but I think this team now can compete with any top national team right now.

-------------------------Sirigu/Buffon
Abate----------Ogbonna--------Chiellini----------Criscito

----------------------------Verratti
------------------De Rossi---------Marchisio

------Giovinco/El Shaarawy-----------------Insigne/Giovinco
------------------------Destro/Immobile
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 17 Aug - 14:26:31

Good looking line up but I think Pirlo will be there. And I certainly think balotelli will

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 17 Aug - 17:18:55

Balotelli, Buffon, probably Pirlo would be there. Veratti as first replacement for Pirlo.

Ogbonna showed good signs against England and he wasn't at fault for either goal as far as I can remember.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next