hrealmadrid
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Nishankly
Onyx
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How should Liverpool rebuild? Empty How should Liverpool rebuild?

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Personally I think Dalglish should go back to his previous role.

Then they need to sell average players such as Adam, Henderson, Downing and Carroll. It doesn't matter if Henderson and Carroll are young or not.

1. Get a solid CB in. Sure Skrtel and Agger can be solid, but Carragher is up and down and Coates isn't experienced enough.

2. A CM - Adam isn't good enough, nor is Henderson.

3. An AM - Sure Gerrard has still got it, but he's constantly picking up injuries and he isn't exactly young. If a fresh AM came in he could rotate with Gerrard.

4. A winger. Kuyt imo is nothing more than backup, same with Maxi.

5. A goalscorer. Suarez can play LW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How should Liverpool rebuild? Empty Re: How should Liverpool rebuild?

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Umm lets see.

Lucas back. Midfield Check.

Agger back. Defense check until the guy is out for another month, Maybe a replacement for Carra.

New Striker. An 8.2% chance of a goal in a shot, is just not good enough, Why shoot if there is a less than 10% chance it will go in? Razz

Maybe a new Winger as Kuyt, Maxi are sure to go.
Well lets be honest, Downing has created more than 70 chances for our strikers in a horribly large number of crosses. Not to mention he has hit the bar like 4-5 times. Downing should stay.

Im pretty sure we would have been so better off if Glen and Agger would have been available for our last 3 games.

Lucas, Changes the game completely.
If he can get back to his normal self after that injury. His growth as a player has been one of the highlights while watching Liverpool during these torrid years.
If this guy comes back his usual self from the injury. We might have a new WC CM in our hands.

Lucas was Liverpool's "midfield".

Maybe Fenway would not be so keen that Dalglish spends more, So maybe some players might have to go before some come in, But thats just paper talk. We'll see.

This is Lucas's stats in the City game. The last game he played 90 mins.

How should Liverpool rebuild? Sextet
City players - Barry, Yaya, Milner

Last edited by Nishank on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Sacking Kenny would be a start
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Why? they won a trophy for the first time in 6 years season has been success imo and the players are young and will improve.

Should leave it as it is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Clean house haha
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why? they won a trophy for the first time in 6 years season has been success imo and the players are young and will improve.

I wouldnt expect you to say otherwise, Newcastle is better as is.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Sacking Kenny would be a start
How should Liverpool rebuild? Tumblr_lhu8r74xqo1qaamhk
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Far too many people are making this out as black and white, which isn't the case. Are you seriously going to tell me that sacking Dalglish is going to significantly improve this current Liverpool side? Maybe to a very limited extent, but it's not the answer. Dalglish will probably have next season to prove, probably half of it, and if he doesn't show any improvement by January, then it's definitely game over for him. The reason fans aren't in discontent (some are, but not to the same extent as they were with Roy Hodgson) is because Dalglish is a legend at the club, his status is helping him, let's be clear about that.

The problem with Liverpool is that they lack a defensive midfielder and a ruthless striker. Before Lucas picked up the injury which has kept him out for the majority of this season, he was outstanding, showing that he was the best defensive midfielder in the league. Ever since then, though, Dalglish has experimented with a few midfield partnerships, and they haven't really worked to his advantage. Spearing is the closest (although he is far off) Lucas, but his inexperience shows. Adam lacks self discipline and is a squad player, not a first team player etc., you get the jist.

In addition to this, Suarez and Carroll are finding it hard to score. The former misses so many easy opportunities and makes life difficult for himself, whilst the latter is clearly struggling for confidence, but is getting treated unfairly. Why would you substitute Carroll against Newcastle just so he can received that sort of "reception" when Suarez was awful?

Last edited by II Capitano on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why? they won a trophy for the first time in 6 years season has been success imo and the players are young and will improve.

newcastle fan supporting king kenny ?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Lord Hades wrote:

newcastle fan supporting king kenny ?

Newcastle fan hoping they keep underachieving so we stay above them Laughing

Also Capitano makes some good points id also argue that they lack genuine quality and width in midfield and attack.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm

II Capitano wrote:Far too many people are making this out as black and white, which isn't the case. Are you seriously going to tell me that sacking Dalglish is going to significantly improve this current Liverpool side? Maybe to a very limited extent, but it's not the answer. Dalglish will probably have next season to prove, probably half of it, and if he doesn't show any improvement by January, then it's definitely game over for him. The reason fans aren't in discontent (some are, but not to the same extent as they were with Roy Hodgson) is because Dalglish is a legend at the club, his status is helping him, let's be clear about that.

Actually, A very decent percentage of the crowd either want Kenny out or are having second thoughts about him from what ive seen. But the legend thing still holds.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

A winger to replace Downing and a striker to replace Carrol is all that is needed imo. They create quite a lot of chances, but one to finish them.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Liverpool should have signed Podolski, they missed out big time on him. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:51 pm

It's a complicated situation.

Dalglish needs to go and so does the garbage he brought in.

Problem 1 - Selling the garbage. The garbage, aka Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Adam cost about £80 million. With how things have gone, they'd be lucky to get £30 million for that lot, that on top of the owners likely reluctance to spend big again will be a problem.

Problem 2 - Who will come to (kl)Anfield? Stuck in constant racial scandals, poor PR and media, and biggest of all, no Champions League football, not last year, not this year, not next year. Who would honestly want to come to Liverpool?

It's an unenviable dilemma.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:It's a complicated situation.

Problem 1 - Selling the garbage. The garbage, aka Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Adam cost about £80 million. With how things have gone, they'd be lucky to get £30 million for that lot, that on top of the owners likely reluctance to spend big again will be a problem.

Problem 2 - Who will come to (kl)Anfield? Stuck in constant racial scandals, poor PR and media, and biggest of all, no Champions League football, not last year, not this year, not next year. Who would honestly want to come to Liverpool?

Problem 1 isn't even a problem, it's just a stupid way of looking at Liverpool's current situation. Selling those players and buying new ones isn't going to make matters any better. All those players have been inconsistent, but there's a lot of time for improvement. Downing, out of all of them, has been the worst, the pressure has been too much for him. Carroll has played a lot of minutes this season, but Liverpool haven't exactly played to his strengths (aerial ability), which is essential if you want to get the best out of him. Henderson has had some great games as a central midfielder, but has been utilised as a winger, too, which doesn't get the best out of him clearly, Dalglish's fault, not his. He's only 21 and has lots of time to improve. Adam blows hot and cold and is far too impatient, however, he is a decent squad player to have.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:It's a complicated situation.

Right, because starting a rotating door of managers and starting players is ALWAYS the best solution for improving a side.

Also, please don't attempt to speak when you know nothing of the players, coaches, owners, or hell, the club in general. "It's a complicated situation, so sack them all and buy a new team" is both shallow and naive in equal measure. Honestly, it's almost as though you're trolling... what do the rules say about that, again?

Finally, go back to Yahoo Answers with that bollocks. Those types of jokes aren't welcome on this forum and never have been.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Liverpool should have signed Podolski, they missed out big time on him. :bow:

Liverpool should have signed, Cisse, Shaqiri and Podolski.

They keep missing out on good signings
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 pm

You guys clearly have no idea what I said. As for the Anfield joke, strangely, no one black or mixed (including myself) ever found that offensive, nor did any other fans, only Liverpool fans get all self-righteous and say how awful and hurtful it is...

As for my comment, the likes of Downing and Henderson aren't good enough, never have been, never will be, do you just keep them for another year? And another? And another?

I said it's complicated as you might want to offload these players, but that will be hard and risky, and who is realistic for Liverpool to come in? Sure it's complicated, and this thread was about REBUILDING, one part of rebuilding at team is the in and out movements, and I gave my thought on the in and out movements, and gave my opinions about the players and WHY it is complicated.

If that is trolling, well, cry me a river...
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I am not an admirer of Carroll and have said many bad things about his drinking habits compared to his goal scoring record. However, the man is not garbage. Pretty far from it. The man's confidence, however, has been shut to shit which is funny because Adams has bundles of it, just doesn't have the talent to support such mental fortitude. Would be nice of him to share such things.

Not gonna meddle in the affairs of a club that I don't have full knowledge of but from the surface, Liverpool's team isn't as bad as their results are showing. What's the word again? Right, underachieving.

Except Downing, I really believe he is not that good....for anyone.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm sorry to say this, but other than Il Capitano's and my fellow Liverpudlians suggestions, the rest of your guys' suggestions are a complete utter nonsense. Seems like everyone is just commenting out of their a$$es, and saying what they hear from the media.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm sorry to say this, but other than Il Capitano's and my fellow Liverpudlians suggestions, the rest of your guys' suggestions are a complete utter nonsense. Seems like everyone is just commenting out of their a$$es, and saying what they hear from the media.

Why don't you offer your opinion rather than bash everyone else then?
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

I find the opinions on this thread entertaining. Although I wouldn't expect anyone besides supporters to do so, considering the quality, you should watch our games before claiming to have knowledge about the team or how to fix it.

Multiple posts, including the OP, have insinuated that we need 6-7 new players. That would be false. That was last season. Those of us who have watched every or almost every game this year are very happy with Henderson's contributions and consider him a good addition; we also realize how much of an impact the loss of Lucas, the best DM in the league up to that point this year, had on this team. Carroll has also been impressing since the start of 2012, or even a little before; his confidence still isn't there, as his goal return hasn't been as hoped, but he has shown himself to be a versatile and useful player. Worth 35 mil? No, I don't think he is, but now he's here, there's no reason to sell him based on the price tag, and if you actually take into account his performances rather than the media's portrayal of them, you realize there's no football reason to drop him either.

Adam we would all like to see have a reduced role; with minimalized playing time, his confidence and efforts to go for the hollywood pass/shot could have a positive effect rather than a negative on our side. The return of Lucas will make that happen.

Downing has been profoundly disappointing, this is true, and with Kuyt/Maxi likely to leave this offseason, the addition of a winger is certainly a necessity. Downing should have another year with the squad, not as a starter but at least with the team to prove himself and see if he can't recover form, but the fact that he's been poor has been the only accurate thing I've heard from the bevy of neutrals who seem to know intricate details of our squad.

I'm not sure why the ridiculous racism claims have been brought up again, so I'll ignore them. Suffice it to say, we're not offended by your comment because we think Klansmen should be tolerated; we're offended by your comment because we think you're uninformed. Anyone who paid attention to the large amounts of intelligent discussion that surrounded that earlier this season would understand that.

Liverpool does not need to "rebuild" - that process started a year ago. They are slumping and underperforming, and have a few holes in the side that need to be fixed - both true. But are they a failing side moving backwards? I think that's an ignorant approach.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Downing IMO was never a good fit (or player) so yeah, I'd like to see him replaced by someone younger and more talented.

Kuyt is probably done as well.

I think Henderson can be a great CM/AM he just needs the support of Lucas and Gerrard behind him.

I'd sign a versatile mid...like Assamoah or even someone less versatile like Granero.

A new CB?...maybe maybe not, depends on how everyone asseses Kelly and Flano.

I'd sign a striker as well, if nothing else just to make sureSuarez can keep his free role at all times.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm sorry to say this, but other than Il Capitano's and my fellow Liverpudlians suggestions, the rest of your guys' suggestions are a complete utter nonsense. Seems like everyone is just commenting out of their a$$es, and saying what they hear from the media.

Why don't you offer your opinion rather than bash everyone else then?

Tried to do that with my post, I think most Pool fans in here would agree with what I had to say. Read it, maybe watch a few games, then come back. And in the meantime, if I have any inane suggestions as to how RM should figure out how to win a Classico, I'll let you know.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:You guys clearly have no idea what I said. As for the Anfield joke, strangely, no one black or mixed (including myself) ever found that offensive, nor did any other fans, only Liverpool fans get all self-righteous and say how awful and hurtful it is...

As for my comment, the likes of Downing and Henderson aren't good enough, never have been, never will be, do you just keep them for another year? And another? And another?

I said it's complicated as you might want to offload these players, but that will be hard and risky, and who is realistic for Liverpool to come in? Sure it's complicated, and this thread was about REBUILDING, one part of rebuilding at team is the in and out movements, and I gave my thought on the in and out movements, and gave my opinions about the players and WHY it is complicated.

If that is trolling, well, cry me a river...

Come to North london and then say the Klan joke and we will see how funny it is ?

Henderson is 20 years old, How can you judge him at this age as he will never be good enough? He won the Sunderland player of the year last year because of his performances and was highly rated by nearly everyone, hence the price of 16m. Rate him when he is 26 and is still playing shit, not now.

Suarez came in to Liverpool without the Champions League football. Juventus signed Vidal, Vucinic, Pirlo ( who was in a CL club ) And they didnt have CL football back then. Liverpool will be in the EL next year, they can attract players good enough to get them back in the CL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next