halamadrid2
Ganso
Swanhends
Emaharg
milanfan7
66 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mancini is a joke. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mancini is a joke.

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Sheik Mansour: "Who is the best manager in the world"
Assistant:"Guardiola"
Sheik Mansour: "Buy him"
Assistant: "We cant he signed a contract for Bayern Munich"
Sheik Mansour:"Buy Bayern Munich then"
Assistan: "But Shei-"
Sheik Mansour: "Did i f*cking stutter?"

rofl

Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:57 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt he'll continue as Man City's manager next season. Man City do deserve credit for winning the EPL last year, however they did kind of get lucky with the Aguero last minute goal. In the CL he didn't manage to get into the last 16.

quite frankly, that is unacceptable.

You can argue that he has had tough groups to navigate the last 2 seasons, but overall with that squad its just unacceptable to not break into the heart of the tournament.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:58 am

Gary Megson is in the market, or is he still at Barsley?

Mancini is a joke. - Page 5 Gary-megson-panini
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 am

His PL winning season last year isn't enough to save him, a crappy man utd almost won. Saying that hes "2nd right now" isn't justifiable since its 15 points behind 1st, plus all the quality players he has should have him 1st, if not then only a couple points behind. He won't last after this year, sh*t coach.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 am

Mancini should absolutely go. Fair enough, he won the league last year, but the overall progress that City have made during his reign has been slow and mostly unfruitful.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:03 am

Sad to see Mancini being underrated here. Sad
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Grooverider wrote:A few managers continue to lurk in the league, when they clearly have not produced or are just crap....

Mancini (for the love of god just fire the guy)
Wenger (see above )

B. Rodgers (out of his depth)

:facepalm:

Everton or Spurs fanboy aren't you?

Assumption is the mother of all…... :brickwall:

just calling it how anyone with half a brain would do. Thumbs up
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Grooverider wrote:A few managers continue to lurk in the league, when they clearly have not produced or are just crap....

Wenger (see above )

How exactly is Rodgers out of his depth? Or is this another tale of knee-jerk after the Soton game?

He's inherited an ageing squad (Maxi, Kuyt, Bellers, etc all gone) and had to revolutionise the whole team to play to the style he wants to implement. It took a couple of months for the players to adapt (we're still improving mind you) to it and we look like a genuine threat to most sides in the league now. And we'll be a genuine threat to the top four next season. You can quote me on that.

Also, why should Wenger get sacked? The day Arsene gets sacked is the day Arsenal declines. They'd be in the same boat as Liverpool was a couple of seasons ago when they sacked Rafa Benitez. Bunch of spoilt fans being brainwashed by the media for a "change" that they'll soon regret.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Sad to see Mancini being underrated here. Sad

Underrated? He's a flop man.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 am

ynwa wrote:

Wenger (see above )

How exactly is Rodgers out of his depth? Or is this another tale of knee-jerk after the Soton game?

He's inherited an ageing squad (Maxi, Kuyt, Bellers, etc all gone) and had to revolutionise the whole team to play to the style he wants to implement. It took a couple of months for the players to adapt (we're still improving mind you) to it and we look like a genuine threat to most sides in the league now. And we'll be a genuine threat to the top four next season. You can quote me on that.

wishful thinking to be fair, the league has five teams that are clearly better than you...a top four finish would be a fluke for pool..odds massively against you from the off.

Also, why should Wenger get sacked? The day Arsene gets sacked is the day Arsenal declines. They'd be in the same boat as Liverpool was a couple of seasons ago when they sacked Rafa Benitez. Bunch of spoilt fans being brainwashed by the media for a "change" that they'll soon regret.

Based on? how would anyone know that arsenal will suddenly crumble if wenger left? Going 8/9 years whatever without one single trophy is lame, reaching just one cl final with the players hes had over the years is also.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:29 pm

There a case for calling him the Italian Redknapp, too. He needs to spend a lot.
In his early managerial career, he worked at Fiorentina (he worked for free there) and Lazio both of which were suffering from heavy financial restraints. He won two trophies in three seasons whilst absolutely spending no money and took Lazio to UEFA Cup semis. Just because he GETS to spend the money at City doesn't mean he needs money to work with. In his 4 years at Inter, Inter spent approximately ÂŁ25m gross. How is that a lot?

All team quality -related answers I remember from his interviews have been saying the same thing "it's important to have good players". I don't remember him once saying anything about working with what you've got and little by little getting your team play better as a unit and become greater than the sum of its parts. That's what good managers do, for example what Moyes has done at Everton.

Mancini needs 11 great individuals which he can put on the pitch and see their individual brilliance carry his team to success.
I don't get this, how can a team which relies on individual brilliance have the best defense in the league for three consecutive seasons? This sadly is a myth. If that was the case, Silva, Nasri, Balotelli, Aguero etc. all would've had more goals and assists to their name. Infact his team works more as a unit than any other Premier League team. Lets take an example - Roberto di Matteo at the start of the season. He had absolutely no tactics of his own and just made 11 players on the field play however they wanted. Hazard was on a hot streak and Chelsea were conceding goals every other game. Enter Rafa, players now are confined to their roles and Hazard has sobered down. They now have been conceding less than what they were previously and have greater points/game than under RdM.

Calling Mancini a failure tactically is laughworthy. Laughing

They have had a decent enough season, its just that Man Utd have had a better season (can't believe I'm saying this) due to the individual brilliance in the form of RvP (mostly) and Rooney.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Grooverider wrote:Based on? how would anyone know that arsenal will suddenly crumble if wenger left? Going 8/9 years whatever without one single trophy is lame, reaching just one cl final with the players hes had over the years is also.
Let’s base it on the fact that, while there are 5 teams that are arguably better than us over a prolonged period this year, we’re quite capable of beating any of them on the day right now.

Or, we could base it on the purely semantic argument that there being five teams arguably better than us that doesn’t prevent us from being a “genuine threat”. Notice how no one actually claimed we’d be in the top four come hell or high water.

Perhaps we could base it on the fact that we’re scoring goals for fun after addressing our most pressing need in January, and we now have what look to be 3 players that could score multiple goals in any given game. Further additions this summer are likely to address the obvious defensive deficiencies in the squad. If we get it right, we’ll be scoring more and conceding less. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a better recipe for success.

If we want to be technical, we could even argue that, despite our stuttering start to the campaign, we’re actually challenging for the top four right now. Had it not been for the slips against West Brom and Southampton, we would be in a far better position. This type of slip is symptomatic of a squad not fully complete and still immature in many, many ways.

Now don’t go twisting my words into blind optimism. I’m not suggesting that, “next year is our year,” as Liverpool fans are so often characterized as believing. I’m merely saying that pointing out that it’s erroneous to claim that BR is out of his depth, when we’re so obviously still molding and shaping the squad. Moreover, we look likely to improve from the efforts last season with a far more immature squad.

BR was never going to be evaluated on achievement this season. To suggest otherwise is tantamount to admitting you don’t understand the situation and the overall goal of the club. We want to build a succeful model that will allow us to be in the Champions League again on a regular basis and eventually compete for the League. We simply weren’t in a position to apply a “band-aid” fix, inject more funds, and hope to get into the top-four. Not only would that not be sustainable, it would likely have dug a larger financial hole for the club.
--------
As for Mancini, I’m a bit torn. I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but I don’t enjoy the football his teams play. To me, it has ideological similarities to the old concept of Italian Catenaccio. Obviously , the tactics are different, but the concept is similar: prevent the other team from scoring by defending as a solid unit, and then hope that your strikers can nick a goal. I think this has been masked by massive investment in the forward line, but predictably, the team struggles if the forwards can’t find form.

As for Mancini’s job, I think it may be time for the club to part ways with him. Unlike some teams, I don’t think Man City will have trouble attracting a top-level manager that can continue on the recent success rather than relapsing. Mancini’s record in Europe is the predominant cause for this. He seems utterly incapable of transferring his success against league opposition to success against continental squads. Therefore, while I don’t think he’s incompetent by any means, it may be time for Man City to move in a different direction if they want to push on. Otherwise, I can see them continuing hovering in the Champions League positions without really challenging domestically or in Europe.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Don't waste your time with the trolls DTOR. He isn't worth it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:Don't waste your time with the trolls DTOR. He isn't worth it
Thumbs up

Fair play.

It just gets under my skin a bit when people project what they think Liverpool's immediate goals should be. Our immediate goals are to correct the mismanagement of the recent past and build a foundation for sustainable future success. It's really as simple as that.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Half a sub par season and everybody questions his entire managerial career Laughing Seems legit.

Goallegacy's Premface community :bow:

Fixed.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Half a season? Remind me, when did city get powerbombed out of the champions league? City and Mancini have been sucking all season long
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm

wanna know why we premfaces are actually mad at him.

dude is fvcking up EPL's coefficients , he is $hit continental manager..

In don't care what he did with fio, but if since Inter he has not found a way to play in Europe, and now with a bigger budget he still can't

give me a fvcking break
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Rodgers should be given another season.

In terms of Wenger, if Arsenal spend a lot this summer and they don't win anything next season, then he should be sacked.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:57 pm

aleumdance wrote:wanna know why we premfaces are actually mad at him.

dude is fvcking up EPL's coefficients , he is $hit continental manager..

Why do you fcking care about the co-efficients.Arent you fcking supposed to be the best fcking league in the world ?

This just further strengthens my theory that EPL fans support rival clubs in Europe more than anyone else.All this, while the league is in actually a good state lol.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Mancini has always been an overrated manager. He has a stacked team and barely won a very weak PL last year, already lost it this year, got knocked out of the CL at the group stage 2 years in a row including being embarassed by Dortmund home and away, and when he was with Inter he never did well in the CL, won Serie A a fee times thanks to Juve being in Serie B and in a rebuilding stage, and Milan going downhill with Nesta alwys injured, Maldini at late 30's to 40, Gattuso, Pirlo, and Kaka leaving their prime (though you could say this now is actually Pirlos prime). Hes a decent manager, but not a top one. Hes also shownhe cant deal with defiant players such as Adriano and Balotelli.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

your inmediate goal is to at least get 6th place son. If Liverpool gets in 7th or worse, Rodgers is out my brahh
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

djfawnz wrote:your inmediate goal is to at least get 6th place son. If Liverpool gets in 7th or worse, Rodgers is out my brahh
Right... We made a conscious effort to cut the wage bill, limited transfer funds, and hired a young manager known for systematic tactics and youth development in a push for immediate success. Suspect

It's an interesting theory, "my brah".
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:19 pm

well brah i dont think the fans, management and in this case Rodgers can take 3 year consecutive back to back to back 7th place. if this year was called for a revolution and u get 7th place, Liverpool cant call it a success.

Besides developing what youngsters? suso? shelvey? sterling? borini? ho ho ho.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 pm

juventus101 wrote:Mancini has always been an overrated manager. He has a stacked team and barely won a very weak PL last year, already lost it this year, got knocked out of the CL at the group stage 2 years in a row including being embarassed by Dortmund home and away, and when he was with Inter he never did well in the CL, won Serie A a fee times thanks to Juve being in Serie B and in a rebuilding stage, and Milan going downhill with Nesta alwys injured, Maldini at late 30's to 40, Gattuso, Pirlo, and Kaka leaving their prime (though you could say this now is actually Pirlos prime). Hes a decent manager, but not a top one. Hes also shownhe cant deal with defiant players such as Adriano and Balotelli.

Not to mention the loss of points for Milan and Fiorentina at the start of the season. The only true rival was Roma with an ageing Totti, a decent De Rossi, and Claudio Pizarro. None of this actually matters in the end. the talent should take over over time in the league. Where he has truly failed is the CL and you dont even need to make an argument. Completely ridiculous that he has not only advanced to the 16, but has been embarassed by teams and I remember him crashing outta the Europa league too.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:24 pm

He only dominated serie A once Milan and Juve were relegated. What did Inter do in the CL during his tenure? they were flops in the Cl for a team of their stature.

he was funded nearly a billion pounds in signings for City, yet his team flopped in the CL twice and were one miss away in stoppage time from losing the title last season.

in 3 years thus far all he has to show for all that spending is an FA Cup and a prem title ( CS cup doesn't count as that is nothing more but a glorified friendly).

And his summer signings, bar nastasic, last season were woeful. rodwell? Sinclair?......garcia? cmon.

I hope he stays with them for longer cuz I fear if they were to get Mou, Pep or Klopp, they would be extremely strong.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Milan was never relegated back then ffs

We even won CL the season we supposedly got relegated in.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next