7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 8 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by MrDeeds Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

harhar11 wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:Can we talk how much Xavi sucked against Croatia? He plays 10 feets in front of Pirlo, and still no goal or assist.

Thats the reason why he is playing so average. Alonso needs to play because he plays for real madrid, so Del Bosque moved Xavi from his position further up the pitch to fit Alonso and lets say that that hasnt helped Xavis performance at all...

MrDeeds wrote:Xavi had no amazing stats on Euro 2008. Senna, Villa and Iniesta were Spain, Xavi is just the flad Spain's media uses.

BTW, Pirlo is 33.

:facepalm:

Iniesta is my favorite player but Iniesta didnt play better than Xavi, neither did Villa. Senna maybe but if he did than it wasnt by that much.

And once again stat aint everything but if you want, from the top of my head Xavi scored the opener against Russia in the semis and than made the assist for Torres goal against Germany.

And why do you guys care so much about stat? You do know that if football was all about stat then neither Pirlo,Iniesta nor Zidane would stand a chance against Xavi, Fabregas and Özil? For example, in 08/09 Xavi got 34 assist, yes 3f&cking5 assist, he followed that up with 19 assist, the season after that he got 14 assist and last season he got 12. It was just last season that pirlo got more assist than Xavi, but even than Xavi in his worst season in a long time got just 1 less assist but scored 13 goals more than Pirlos best season in a long time. So statistically Xavi in his worse season for a long time >>>>>>>>>>Pirlo in hus best season in a long time.

Delusional.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 am

I already admitted I was wrong about the WC. My bad.
To downplay Kaka’s and Shva’s ability though is terribly wrong.
Pirlo was a key part in that Millan team but his teammates were at least equally good.

P.S. Xavi was miles better than Iniesta in2008 and Spain’s second best player after Sena
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 am

MrDeeds wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:Can we talk how much Xavi sucked against Croatia? He plays 10 feets in front of Pirlo, and still no goal or assist.

Thats the reason why he is playing so average. Alonso needs to play because he plays for real madrid, so Del Bosque moved Xavi from his position further up the pitch to fit Alonso and lets say that that hasnt helped Xavis performance at all...

MrDeeds wrote:Xavi had no amazing stats on Euro 2008. Senna, Villa and Iniesta were Spain, Xavi is just the flad Spain's media uses.

BTW, Pirlo is 33.

:facepalm:

Iniesta is my favorite player but Iniesta didnt play better than Xavi, neither did Villa. Senna maybe but if he did than it wasnt by that much.

And once again stat aint everything but if you want, from the top of my head Xavi scored the opener against Russia in the semis and than made the assist for Torres goal against Germany.

And why do you guys care so much about stat? You do know that if football was all about stat then neither Pirlo,Iniesta nor Zidane would stand a chance against Xavi, Fabregas and Özil? For example, in 08/09 Xavi got 34 assist, yes 3f&cking5 assist, he followed that up with 19 assist, the season after that he got 14 assist and last season he got 12. It was just last season that pirlo got more assist than Xavi, but even than Xavi in his worst season in a long time got just 1 less assist but scored 13 goals more than Pirlos best season in a long time. So statistically Xavi in his worse season for a long time >>>>>>>>>>Pirlo in hus best season in a long time.

Delusional.

Its you who is delusiomal if you think that statwise Pirlo is in the same league as Xavi and belive that Xavi was a media hype for his euro 08 when then he wasnt even that big of a star.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:35 am

Xavi will never ever be as big a game changer as Pirlo is.
Yesterday, I watched the Italy- Germany WC 2006 game out of nostalgia and I was wonderfully reminded how much Pirlo steps up when the team needs him.

On the other hand, Xavi plays as well against Tenerife in a Copa Del Rey ro16 match as against the Netherlands in a WC final. He's consistently good, but can never deliver godly moments like Pirlo does.

Xavi plays it too safe for my liking, unlike Pirlo, in tough situations.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 am

billy_gr wrote:What’s with you kids and this whole judging based on one competition thing?

Kids generally say the darnest things...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am

Doc wrote:
billy_gr wrote:What’s with you kids and this whole judging based on one competition thing?

Kids say their truth as it is...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 am

Kev wrote:Xavi will never ever be as big a game changer as Pirlo is.
Yesterday, I watched the Italy- Germany WC 2006 game out of nostalgia and I was wonderfully reminded how much Pirlo steps up when the team needs him.

On the other hand, Xavi plays as well against Tenerife in a Copa Del Rey ro16 match as against the Netherlands in a WC final. He's consistently good, but can never deliver godly moments like Pirlo does.

Posts like these are simply hilarious.
Let me just remind everyone what Xavi has done.
This Barca midfield is by far the best midfield the game has ever seen.No other midfield in the history of the game has even come close.This midfield has completely and utterly dominated and outplayed every other midfield on the planet week in,week out,year in year out,in the biggest of competitions and on the grandest of stages for going on 4 years.
And Xavi is the MVP of that midfield.He has completely and utterly dominated every single midfield he has come up against and has delivered mind blowing performances in the biggest of games and at the toughest of venues.Multiple CL finals,semifinals,quarter finals,league deciders.You name it and he has performed at a level never before seen from a CM at the grandest of stages.
He has completely and utterly dominated,outplayed and humilated the Madrid midfield countless times over the same period and did it regularly at the Bernabeau.The 6-2 and the 5-0 masterpieces were his creation.The 5-0 is regarded as the greatest performance ever by many.
Its no wonder that after their midfield has been completely and utterly humilated by Xavi all these years Madrid fans feel bitter and feel the need to come out with outright and stupid lies.
Xavi has not just done it at the club level but also at the NT level with Spain dominating every single midfield he comes up against.
In short he is the brain and MVP of the greatest midfield the game has ever seen.Pirlo just isnt in the same league.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Kev wrote:Xavi will never ever be as big a game changer as Pirlo is.

Posts like these are simply hilarious.
Let me just remind everyone what Xavi has done.
This Barca midfield is by far the best midfield the game has ever seen.No other midfield in the history of the game has even come close.This midfield has completely and utterly dominated and outplayed every other midfield on the planet week in,week out,year in year out,in the biggest of competitions and on the grandest of stages for going on 4 years.
And Xavi is the MVP of that midfield.He has completely and utterly dominated every single midfield he has come up against and has delivered mind blowing performances in the biggest of games and at the toughest of venues.Multiple CL finals,semifinals,quarter finals,league deciders.You name it and he has performed at a level never before seen from a CM at the grandest of stages.
He has completely and utterly dominated,outplayed and humilated the Madrid midfield countless times over the same period and did it regularly at the Bernabeau.The 6-2 and the 5-0 masterpieces were his creation.The 5-0 is regarded as the greatest performance ever by many.
Its no wonder that after their midfield has been completely and utterly humilated by Xavi all these years Madrid fans feel bitter and feel the need to come out with outright and stupid lies.
Xavi has not just done it at the club level but also at the NT level with Spain dominating every single midfield he comes up against.
In short he is the brain and MVP of the greatest midfield the game has ever seen.Pirlo just isnt in the same league.

Completely delusional. Did you start watching football 2 years ago? Jesus.
PS. I knew you would mention only the Madrid games.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote: This Barca midfield is by far the best midfield the game has ever seen.No other midfield in the history of the game has even come close

errr, no? they are one of the best, but the best by far? too funny
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
alexjanosik wrote: This Barca midfield is by far the best midfield the game has ever seen.No other midfield in the history of the game has even come close

Stop being delusional! Xavi is the best midfielder the world have ever seen, Puyol is the best defender the world have ever seen, Messi is the best player the world have ever seen, Alves is the world's current best RB, Pep is the best coach in history and Valdez is one of the best goalkeeper in the world...

Razz
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 am

Why is it funny?Name another midfield that has dominated to such an extent?Which other midfield in the history of the game has so completely and utterly dominated every midfield they have come up against?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 am

try

----------falcao----cerezo
--------socrates--zico

or

--------clodoaldo----gerson
----------rivelino

or

---------fernandez
----giresse-----tigana
---------platini
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:25 am

Its a pain to read Alexjanosik's posts,it really is, especially in this thread..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:try

--------socrates--zico

or

----------rivelino

or

---------fernandez
----giresse-----tigana
---------platini

National teams...really loool

They play what, 20 games a season max?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
Doc wrote:

Kids say their truth as it is...

or kids go to unimaginable lengths to make a case such as, Sheva and Kaka were nothing special, it was just Pirlo making them seem good. Or Xavi in euro 2008 was nothing special, it was the media that hyped him.
Again I have no problem with someone supporting Pirlo as the beeter player but this thread contains too much crap from both sides.
Goat players are goat. We could as well leave it as it is
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 am

individually idk they are probably not the best ever,but in terms of dominating the opposition,xavi-busquets-iniesta are and its not even close
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:

--------socrates--zico

or

----------rivelino

or

---------fernandez
----giresse-----tigana
---------platini

Yeah, such is the talent and intelligence of these players they still reached a beautiful understanding despite not playing and training together every week. I dont see how buquets, xavi and iniesta are far better than them.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Ganso wrote:individually idk they are probably not the best ever,but in terms of dominating the opposition,xavi-busquets-iniesta are and its not even close

3 players dont dominate 70/80%, it takes a team
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:

--------socrates--zico

or

----------rivelino

or

---------fernandez
----giresse-----tigana
---------platini

Yeah, such is the talent and intelligence of these players they still reached a beautiful understanding despite not playing and training together every week. I dont see how buquets, xavi and iniesta are far better than them.

Or, more likely...they were playing against noob teams who dont play together often at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Surag wrote:Its a pain to read Alexjanosik's posts,it really is, especially in this thread..

I bring points to the table.If you dont like the facts dont read.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm

--------socrates--zico

or

----------rivelino

or

---------fernandez
----giresse-----tigana
---------platini

And what exactly have Falcao,Cerezo,Socrates and Zico achieved?Besides getting dumped by Italy that is.If Xavi,Busquets,Iniesta played in that tournament they would have a field day with the acres of empty spaces and zero pressing.In a match up the Brazil midfielders would be chasing shadows all game long.
The magic quartet.A good shout but their achievements just dont match up.
And you include Platini.He was more an AM/number 10.Granted he did drop into center midfield quite often.But if you include Platini I include Messi who even though the media like to fancily call a false nine is not really one.Atleast not last season.He plays more a 10 role and drops all the time into CM.
So its Busquets,Xavi,Iniesta,Messi against the magic quartet.And as surprising as it might sound in the individual match ups only Platini comes close to matching Messi.Xavi,Iniesta and Busquets are significantly better than their French counterparts.Again the French quartet wouldnt see the ball against the Barca quartet.
Gerson,Rivelino and Clodoaldo.Huge fan of both Gerson and Rivelino.But both performance wise and achievement wise the Barca trio are far better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 am

Hmm, much as i like iniesta i'd seriously question whether he's better than giresse, i really doubt hes "significantly" better. I doubt xavi a whole lot better than him either, if it all. As for messi and platini, whilst messi may end up a better player overall, id rather have platini in midfield as his passing was simply on another level. Tigana and fernandez may not get in, but tigana in particular was still an excellent player

what i like about that french midfield is its diversity, it has tigerish determination at its base with tigana and fernandez, a little midfield maestro in the xavi mould with giresse, and a pure visionary with platini who is probably in the top 5 best passers of football history. The barcelona midfield has much less range, and only slightly better at ball retention

And what you say about the brazil 82 midfield is pure speculation. Any proof or evidence to back up your claims that they would be chasing shadows? i doubt it
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:33 am

The Franchise wrote: more likely...they were playing against noob teams who dont play together often at all.

apart from brazil 82 these teams either won the world cup or the european championship, not against noob teams, otherwise brazil or france would have walked to the 82 world cup trophy, but didnt.... because they had some very tough opponents

anyway if we are going to start diminishing achievements what about barcelonas champions league titles? the one they won against the legendary maestros carrick and anderson? or the one they won against carrick and giggs? - someone only playing in midfield because they were then too old and slow to play on the wing anymore
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah Man Utd is a noob team, thats why they have won 4 league titles and 1 CL while coming to 2 other finals since 06 with that same team :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 am

all i have to say is.............................. carrick and anderson
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:all i have to say is.............................. carrick and anderson

Doesnt change the fact that they won the CL once and got to another 2 final in the past 6 years...

And everyone knows that its not their midfield that is their strong point, its their defence and how quick they could change from defending to attack.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next