Le Samourai
Babun
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second suggestion Empty Second suggestion

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Continue from the first one. Slightly changed version eco smile

1. Report any derailing caused by Real/Farca or CR7/Messi involvement in non related threads to a specific mod so he can keep count for each offender. If the offender repeats the routine again temp ban and if they don't learn perm ban.

2. That suggestion is towards mods. Kick anyone from chatbox who brings up Real/ Farca or Messi/CR7 in games not related to them at all.

That should be conform with the rules in goallegacy.

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Second suggestion Empty Re: Second suggestion

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

I don't get it.........you're gonna ban everyone who brings up Real Barca ,Ronaldo or Messi?.......

What about if you bring up other Real players Very Happy

But seriously.....no entiendo.....it's impossible alot of people genuinely need to make reference to Real or Barca and their players as a benchmark or a standard.Even if it's to compare an indivdual player....alot of the time to guage each individual they're compared to someone from Real or Barca.Genuinely think some can't do it any other way.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I don't get it.........you're gonna ban everyone who brings up Real Barca ,Ronaldo or Messi?.......

What about if you bring up other Real players Very Happy

But seriously.....no entiendo.....it's impossible alot of people genuinely need to make reference to Real or Barca and their players as a benchmark or a standard.Even if it's to compare an indivdual player....alot of the time to guage each individual they're compared to someone from Real or Barca.Genuinely think some can't do it any other way.

We aren't talking about proper discussions. Everyone knows what I mean. Many people start flame fests under the banter of Real/Farca. Albiceleste, xcx etc. are the prime examples. Of course with zero content...

Example:
You start a discussion about something unrelated. A troll from either Madrid or Farca comes in and throws a bait. The other fraction gets angry and they talk about Farca vs. Madrid only. The thread is derailed, no one is even interested in OP anymore. Mods look at it and move it into rightback section.
If you want many examples just have a look at myrightback section and see with which content it is filled eco smile
You'll also find the usual suspects.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:19 pm

I think both would be harsh TBH.I think most Real Madrid and Barca fans including myself would probably be banned........

I mean it's a form of discrimination..........lots of people bring up Ibra,Balo,Suarez...completely in completely irrelevant topics.It's not like the fans of these 4 are the only people who derail threads.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Madrid and Barca fans are the most numerous here, plus there are a lot of us who hate the constant flamewars between them, but I find that a little extreme.

We already have bitchfests due to warning levels and "no fair" bans. Can you imagine when some guy is randomly banned for some out of place comment? Boohoo, Franchise/Jack Daniels are dictator mods! This forum is shit! bla bla.

Just seems like too much of a hassle to me. I find the big bitch fests are locked much faster than before.

If you're getting annoyed, then just create more Bundesliga threads Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Sushi could I PM you my spanish presentation to read? Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm on board with this suggestion.

Discrimination, seriously? If you can't restrain yourself from discussing Barca/Madrid in a thread that has nothing to do with either team you don't belong in this forum (just my opinion).

Le Samourai wrote:But seriously.....no entiendo.....it's impossible alot of people genuinely need to make reference to Real or Barca and their players as a benchmark or a standard.Even if it's to compare an indivdual player....alot of the time to guage each individual they're compared to someone from Real or Barca.Genuinely think some can't do it any other way.

Those are some pathetic excuses and if you really think of another way to contribute to a thread perhaps it's best you don't. Claiming people need to do something when they really just want to do something is a joke and to say they can't do it any other way is even more of a joke. If people can't resist posting Barca/Madrid nonsense they deserve a temp ban; lord knows there are already enough threads where you can debate those two topics and there is no need to bring them up in non related threads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm

So why treat Barca/Madrid fans differently from everyone else.If you want to implement a rule.....implement a rule and make it equal across the board.....don't just limit it to Barca/Madrid and Ronaldo/Messi.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sushi could I PM you my spanish presentation to read? Very Happy
Sure, man. Go ahead.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Well, I'm fed up with all the Barca vs Madrid stuff, too, as it bores me to death. As long as threads are properly titled I don't mind as then I can easily avoid them, but I hate it if that stuff happens in unrelated threads or when threads aren't named sensibly.

...and now back to my Basel thread. Only 6 pics to go to complete the info section. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I think both would be harsh TBH.I think most Real Madrid and Barca fans including myself would probably be banned........

I mean it's a form of discrimination..........lots of people bring up Ibra,Balo,Suarez...completely in completely irrelevant topics.It's not like the fans of these 4 are the only people who derail threads.
I'm a sane Madrid fan eco smile Imagine how bad the situation is if I have to make a suggestion against both parties...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Can you stop using Farca all the time? It's irony to see a user made a post about stopping Real / Barca fan wars and then using all the time abusive name of FC Barcelona.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

matpol wrote:Can you stop using Farca all the time? It's irony to see a user made a post about stopping Real / Barca fan wars and then using all the time abusive name of FC Barcelona.
I'm not the enforcer. I offer a possible solution eco smile Report me if I were to bring up your team in a non related thread. No hard feelings bro eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I have a better suggestion. If someone tries to derail a thread by making an off-topic comment about Messi or Ronaldo don't respond to their remarks. There! Thread no longer derailed!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I have a better suggestion. If someone tries to derail a thread by making an off-topic comment about Messi or Ronaldo don't respond to their remarks. There! Thread no longer derailed!
The best possible solution but there's always an ***** who responds and then starts the chain...
I ignore them myself but it didn't result in anything eco smile Or better said your expectation of others is too great eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I have a better suggestion. If someone tries to derail a thread by making an off-topic comment about Messi or Ronaldo don't respond to their remarks. There! Thread no longer derailed!

Second suggestion Me-gusta

Seriously. Although I disagree with you Babun. A simple lowering of the warning meter will make do. You talk about keeping count for each time they go off topic, isn't that pretty much the same as lowering their meter down each time they derail?

Difference is they can see it and restrain their selves once they get to 50% or lower. Rather than a random temp ban/ PM about how you will get banned soon if they continue- soon being a rather vague term.

I guess what I'm arguing is that the system is fine- perhaps people could be harsher on derailing with Madrid/Barca stuff, but it's up to the mods to decide.

And people need to stop *bleep*ing about their warning level and how mods are unfair. You deserved what you got, quit complaining. If you're a good poster then you're warning level will restore itself.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 pm

CBarca, of course I don't ask for a temp or perm ban without notice. The suggestion's aim is for better monitoring of the situation. What the mods will make out of it is up to them eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 am

Babun's gone mad since witnessing the destruction of Leverkusen

Next he'll be telling us he's the Batman
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:30 am

My suggestion would be to actually create a Messi vs Ronaldo section. No joke. I know it wouldn't look right with the right back section already being there. But i think there's just wayyyy too many Messi threads or threads that end up with Messi being mentioned and the thread gets derailed.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:CBarca, of course I don't ask for a temp or perm ban without notice. The suggestion's aim is for better monitoring of the situation. What the mods will make out of it is up to them eco smile

Oh I know, and that's not what I interpret your proposed system would be like. I exaggerated a bit with the "you'll be banned soon" comment. The mods would take a much less vague and more mature course of action of 'warning you of your derailment... one more time would get you a temp ban' kind of PM.

My point is...doesn't the warning system kind of already fulfill this role?

I'm just failing to see why this is superior to a -25% for derailment warning.

Plus, this system requires constant monitoring of the forum- something the mods (who have a social life and can't be on here all the time) can't always be relied on to do. The warning system works as a self-sufficient monitoring system- since the user can monitor his own posts once he gets low enough risking a ban.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

ehh we need this to be honest i mean if i make thread about dishwashing some one will involve the la liga cr7 messi fest
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

The Verminator wrote:My suggestion would be to actually create a Messi vs Ronaldo section. No joke. I know it wouldn't look right with the right back section already being there. But i think there's just wayyyy too many Messi threads or threads that end up with Messi being mentioned and the thread gets derailed.
No, I think we just need a Messi section, because Ronaldo and La Liga referee conspiracies will inevitably be mentioned when Messi is around.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 am

Yes, I think it is time to set up that section where all by Messi/CR7 derailed threads can go. The name should be "Messy Section" Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:57 am

rwo power wrote:Yes, I think it is time to set up that section where all by Messi/CR7 derailed threads can go. The name should be "Messy Section" Razz
I APPROVE Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 am

rwo power wrote:Yes, I think it is time to set up that section where all by Messi/CR7 derailed threads can go. The name should be "Messy Section" Razz
The Verminator wrote:My suggestion would be to actually create a Messi vs Ronaldo section. No joke. I know it wouldn't look right with the right back section already being there. But i think there's just wayyyy too many Messi threads or threads that end up with Messi being mentioned and the thread gets derailed.
That's not the problem. The rightback section already fullfills that purpose. We need to prevent threads from being derailed from the start.
CBarca wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:CBarca, of course I don't ask for a temp or perm ban without notice. The suggestion's aim is for better monitoring of the situation. What the mods will make out of it is up to them eco smile

Oh I know, and that's not what I interpret your proposed system would be like. I exaggerated a bit with the "you'll be banned soon" comment. The mods would take a much less vague and more mature course of action of 'warning you of your derailment... one more time would get you a temp ban' kind of PM.

My point is...doesn't the warning system kind of already fulfill this role?

I'm just failing to see why this is superior to a -25% for derailment warning.

Plus, this system requires constant monitoring of the forum- something the mods (who have a social life and can't be on here all the time) can't always be relied on to do. The warning system works as a self-sufficient monitoring system- since the user can monitor his own posts once he gets low enough risking a ban.
That's what I said, to help them out with monitoring. Also, I'm pretty sure from my own observation that the number of imbeciles is about 20 members. The number is small but their tenacity is rage worthy eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next