How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

+37
Lord Hades
Omniscient
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
leemhuis
Babun
Magricos
Cookie Monster
•MilanDevil•
Arquitecto
Moffo
ThatOneTwo
The_ItalianFool
Aensensen
StevieRayVaughan
aford92
Flick
EarlyPrototype
RealGunner
Harmonica
Doc
REWB
halamadrid2
jibers
Abramovich
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
che
stunt
Tigole
rwo power
Potential
guest7
hrealmadrid
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
Onyx
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Moffo Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:45 pm

absolute dominate serie a, probably winning the epl comfortable

Moffo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Doc Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:These teams wouldnt be able to score nearly as much in Serie A

I actually agree to this. Serie A teams would not have any issues with parking a few buses (not that it would work all the time though).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Doc wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:These teams wouldnt be able to score nearly as much in Serie A

I actually agree to this. Serie A teams would not have any issues with parking a few buses (not that it would work all the time though).

Pure stereotype.

Observing Serie A in the past few years and I can say with conviction that very few teams are defensive minded and its rare you will see a team that will park the bus. The only defensive-minded teams that exist are at the moment Chievo, Bologna and Novara.

The times you will see the bus parked is when the lower fodder of teams who go on the defensive after going 1 up against a large team.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 pm

With all honesty, I dont think Madrid and Barca would do excellent in either EPL or Serie A due to the competition. The competition means that Barca and Madrid must be at their best in each and every league game, and i dont think they are able to do that as the players would suffer from fatigue. Inturn, this would cost them points and would probably perform similarly to any other top team in Serie A and EPL. In la liga, Barca and Real Madrid can relax at times and bring on new players to the pitch since the competition is often weak, however, in Serie A and EPL it is very different.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Moffo Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:56 pm

•MilanDevil• wrote:With all honesty, I dont think Madrid and Barca would do excellent in either EPL or Serie A due to the competition. The competition means that Barca and Madrid must be at their best in each and every league game, and i dont think they are able to do that as the players would suffer from fatigue. Inturn, this would cost them points and would probably perform similarly to any other top team in Serie A and EPL. In la liga, Barca and Real Madrid can relax at times and bring on new players to the pitch since the competition is often weak, however, in Serie A and EPL it is very different.

Remove barca and real from la liga and juventus + milan from serie a and i'd say la liga still is the stronger league.

Moffo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Moffo wrote:
•MilanDevil• wrote:With all honesty, I dont think Madrid and Barca would do excellent in either EPL or Serie A due to the competition. The competition means that Barca and Madrid must be at their best in each and every league game, and i dont think they are able to do that as the players would suffer from fatigue. Inturn, this would cost them points and would probably perform similarly to any other top team in Serie A and EPL. In la liga, Barca and Real Madrid can relax at times and bring on new players to the pitch since the competition is often weak, however, in Serie A and EPL it is very different.

Remove barca and real from la liga and juventus + milan from serie a and i'd say la liga still is the stronger league.

rubbish, no way
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

http://comparetheleagues.com/

a whopping 0.23 goals per game less

seriously, this magnificient untouchable serie a defences stereotype needs to die
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 pm

che wrote:

http://comparetheleagues.com/

a whopping 0.23 goals per game less

seriously, this magnificient untouchable serie a defences stereotype needs to die

Not saying anything sensational, but what he means by that is how Serie A teams are tactically (and defensively) above the other leagues.

The stat might be .23 less yet you must understand this is an arbitrary way of measurement since most of the teams attacking the Italian defenses in the league consistently adapt and engineer themselves to open and succeed against those meticulously placed tactics.

So the stat doesn't prove much at all really.

The stereotype still exists because it is actually true as us Serie A watchers notice these differences when comparing leagues.

And please don't mistake me for a wiggles or sciacca as I'm only pointing out my observations.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

that would mean that serie a teams are better at attacking (since they score pretty much the same amount of goals against supposedly better defences) but look at the cl and el scoring stats, that's just not true...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

che wrote:that would mean that serie a teams are better at attacking (since they score pretty much the same amount of goals against supposedly better defences) but look at the cl and el scoring stats, that's just not true...

No, it just means Serie A teams adapt more specifically to extremely tactical football and general tactics used within the league.

Outside? Its known that the reason Serie A teams's records in Europe for goals conceded is down to the to there weakness against teams with considerable width and pace which is Serie A teams 'kryptonite'. The width part has been recently adapted to yet there is so much you can do against physical teams with pace as sometimes it can overcome you.

Keep in mind I'm speaking more so from a tactical perspective as not statistically.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 pm

well if that's the case i'm sure any team could adapt to the style eventually...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 pm

che wrote:well if that's the case i'm sure any team could adapt to the style eventually...

Let me apologize and further elaborate.

Serie A teams in general play very narrow since you will only see wingbacks rather than wingers (bar the exception) as providing the width.

Formations you will see are 4-2-3-1s or 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 as these are common formations with much room for tactical maneuvering.

The quick jump to the wide teams of Europe sometimes proves heavy for these teams along with pace as Serie A teams tend to rely less on pace and more on the reading and tactical sense.

But football is a physical game and we've seen many teams that are technically or tactically astute being physically overcome by the more physical teams.

They do adapt as I had mentioned how teams have recently adapted to the width in some sorts, yet pace is a key issue.

Off the record; EL record cannot count. Why? Serie A teams are known for there disgraceful approach to this cup with there B squads and complete apathy for the cup for some odd reason, this part is nearly undeniable. Champions league on the other hand can be a measure, although small.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Moffo wrote:

Lol you can't honestly believe that? Remove Milan and Juve from serie A and you still have the likes of Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, and Udinese. Remove Barca and Madrid from La Liga and you might as well watch house league soccer.

No way Barca and Madrid would DOMINATE Serie A or the BPL. Real and Barca play two competitive games a year in Spain. Other than those two teams, the quality of squads in La Liga ranges from average to god awful.

I'm not saying that Madrid or Barca wouldn't win Serie A or the BPL, as they would certainly be among the favourites considering they're undoubtedly the two strongest teams in the world atm, but this belief that they would win easily is misguided. Most people with any football knowledge would agree that Italy and England have more high quality teams than la liga. Purely based on the competitiveness of the leagues (ignoring tactical and financial differences) Madrid and Barca would have a far more difficult time winning Serie A and BPL than they do in Spain. I'm not sure how it's even debatable to be honest.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Moffo wrote:

Lol you can't honestly believe that? Remove Milan and Juve from serie A and you still have the likes of Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, and Udinese. Remove Barca and Madrid from La Liga and you might as well watch house league soccer.

No way Barca and Madrid would DOMINATE Serie A or the BPL. Real and Barca play two competitive games a year in Spain. Other than those two teams, the quality of squads in La Liga ranges from average to god awful.

I'm not saying that Madrid or Barca wouldn't win Serie A or the BPL, as they would certainly be among the favourites considering they're undoubtedly the two strongest teams in the world atm, but this belief that they would win easily is misguided. Most people with any football knowledge would agree that Italy and England have more high quality teams than la liga. Purely based on the competitiveness of the leagues (ignoring tactical and financial differences) Madrid and Barca would have a far more difficult time winning Serie A and BPL than they do in Spain. I'm not sure how it's even debatable to be honest.

Laughing Clearly you are overrating some of the Serie A teams

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Rating Inter, Roma, Lazio, Udinese, and Napoli higher than teams like Valencia and Sevilla is OVERrating? K, my bad then :facepalm:
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Moffo Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Moffo wrote:

I can't believe what I'm reading, spanish teams get the better of italien opposition more often then not. I mean the only way to compare the 2 leagues is by results in CL and europe league where la liga usually come out on top...

So when you write that la liga without real madrd and barcelona is like "house league soccer" you are either painfully ignorant or just trolling.

Moffo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:Rating Inter, Roma, Lazio, Udinese, and Napoli higher than teams like Valencia and Sevilla is OVERrating? K, my bad then :facepalm:

Inter has been horrible. Lazio just got trashed by Atletico.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

People, la liga is MUCH stronger than you think eco smile I'm not talking about Real and Farca. If you don't see the quality and strenghts then you must be blind eco smile
Serie A would clearly lose to la liga style however la liga teams would struggle against EPL ones. Not because they're worse but their style is perfect to bully la liga teams. Even then the difference wouldn't be big enough to say one league is clearly stronger than the other eco smile

Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao, Malaga etc. would finish at the top in any leagues mentioned eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:41 am

Moffo wrote:

There are no team in La Liga outside of Madrid and Barca that are the equal of Napoli, Udinese or Inter, despite Inter current problems. Palermo, Roma and Catania are at the level of the rest of the top team in La Liga. I think same can be say of EPL.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 am

che wrote:that would mean that serie a teams are better at attacking (since they score pretty much the same amount of goals against supposedly better defences) but look at the cl and el scoring stats, that's just not true...

Look at CL? Serie A teams are 3 in the CL, La Liga 2. Not good point. Also, Serie A won same CL in last 5 year as La Liga, without Juventus.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

leemhuis wrote:
There are no team in La Liga outside of Madrid and Barca that are the equal of Napoli, Udinese or Inter, despite Inter current problems. Palermo, Roma and Catania are at the level of the rest of the top team in La Liga. I think same can be say of EPL.
Your logic is always crap. Not even a month ago you said that teams like Lazio could compete with the likes of Man City, unlike any other team in la liga bar Madrid and Barca. Few weeks later, Atletico Madrid gave a 2 round whoop ass of a lifetime to Lazio, playing them off the park in their own arena, before giving the finishing touch at home.

What is so special about Udinese, Inter and Napoli, to the extent that Athletic Bilbao, Atletico and Valencia cant match? I doubt you watch any la liga football out of Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Using the number of teams from a league still in CL to rank the quality of league in general is ridiculous to put it bluntly. No one is doubting the level of teams like Utd or City just because they are not in CL anymore.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:
Your logic is always crap. Not even a month ago you said that teams like Lazio could compete with the likes of Man City, unlike any other team in la liga bar Madrid and Barca. Few weeks later, Atletico Madrid gave a 2 round whoop ass of a lifetime to Lazio, playing them off the park in their own arena, before giving the finishing touch at home.

What is so special about Udinese, Inter and Napoli, to the extent that Athletic Bilbao, Atletico and Valencia cant match? I doubt you watch any la liga football out of Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Using the number of teams from a league still in CL to rank the quality of league in general is ridiculous to put it bluntly. No one is doubting the level of teams like Utd or City just because they are not in CL anymore.

You really think that Athletic, Atletico or Valenica can beat Man City or Chelsea? LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 am

leemhuis wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:

You really think that Athletic, Atletico or Valenica can beat Man City or Chelsea? LOL

Umm yes..?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 am

Again, didnt you say Lazio could play with City? yet they got destroyed by Atletico. If i follow your logic then they can, lol. your logic is just fail.

It's time you start watching more football.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:48 am

leemhuis wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Again, didnt you say Lazio could play with City? yet they got destroyed by Atletico. If i follow your logic then they can, lol. your logic is just fail.

It's time you start watching more football.

No, I never mentioned Lazio. They are terrible.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next