How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

+37
Lord Hades
Omniscient
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
leemhuis
Babun
Magricos
Cookie Monster
•MilanDevil•
Arquitecto
Moffo
ThatOneTwo
The_ItalianFool
Aensensen
StevieRayVaughan
aford92
Flick
EarlyPrototype
RealGunner
Harmonica
Doc
REWB
halamadrid2
jibers
Abramovich
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
che
stunt
Tigole
rwo power
Potential
guest7
hrealmadrid
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
Onyx
41 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? Empty How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 pm

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Would top the league.
Just my opinion.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Barca would win Serie A.
Real Madrid would winthe BPL.

I am assuming both will go into either, not only one of them.

Barca's possession based game will starve Serie A teams and force them to come out of their shell, will that same shell would manage to occasionally steal points from RM. Mind you, I think Milan and Juve will join the chase as well and the winner will not have more than 80 points. Too many possible upsets for that.

RM are built like a BPL team, and they will be in their element there. Man City will chase along but I think Madrid would end up winning the league with Barca second thanks to a couple of upsets against the real Stoke, who will focus on getting Messi injured and throwing the ball into the net.

All in all, both teams will be favorites along with the current favorites if they go into their leagues.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 pm

No bias, I think both would dominate.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm

They would dominate

Both are consistent and every time Barca has played against a EPL team they have humiliated them

They made Man U in the season they won the league look like school boys playing real men
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Even though there's more competition in the EPL and Serie A?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

To be fair, I don't see Barcelona with their possession easily killing Serie A mid-table team, they'll park the plane and play on the counter and that will most of them will come out with a good result. Madrid on the other hand have more quality to break the bus than Barcelona, but still the same concept. They will probably win or compete for the title but not easily win it by 20sh point like in La Liga, but rather by three or four points.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

They wouldn't have their favourable TV deal in either EPL or Serie A, so I wouldn't be that sure.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:52 pm

What competiveness? The competiveness in EPL at the moment is becouse they all suck

The quality of their teams is very low. The quality of their teams really belong to Europa League and not CL.

Serie A however got some quality but it's not like it matters becouse Barca is still better than any team out there and would still win and besides they play better when the opponents matter aka top teams so they would even perform better.

Same goes for Madrid. I also think they're better than any other team out there bar Barca and should win.

Complete. Utter. Domination.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Se7en wrote:What competiveness? The competiveness in EPL at the moment is becouse they all suck

The quality of their teams is very low. The quality of their teams really belong to Europa League and not CL.

Serie A however got some quality but it's not like it matters becouse Barca is still better than any team out there and would still win and besides they play better when the opponents matter aka top teams so they would even perform better.

Same goes for Madrid. I also think they're better than any other team out there bar Barca and should win.

I think you are overrating Madrid and Barcelona a tad too much.

When La Liga sides that have strong players park the bus both Madrid and Barcelona suffer to break them down. Serie A teams , however, know how to park the bus and defend better than La Liga sides.

What makes you think they will just play and win easily?
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm

So Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool wouldn't cause any problems to Real Madrid and Barca?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Tigole wrote:

Serie A teams , however, know how to park the bus and defend better than La Liga sides.

Barca and Madrid don't struggle against defending teams, they dominate them easily. Sometimes it ends as a draw, but even if they drew a couple more times than they already do in La liga, they'd still win more games by a big margin in any other league out there.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:05 pm

mtfootball wrote:So Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool wouldn't cause any problems to Real Madrid and Barca?

man utd didn't cause any problems for barcelona the last 2 times they met, chelsea and city can't cause problems even for napoli, arsenal may have a shot if wenger got his shit together and actually spent money, spurs Laughing

maybe liverpool would have a shot at home, they tend to do well in big games but over an entire season they just drop way too many points

oh and the "serie a have superior defences" mantra is utter bs, the difference in goals per game between the three big leagues is like 0.05

Last edited by che on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm

mtfootball wrote:So Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool wouldn't cause any problems to Real Madrid and Barca?

In their current form? I dont think so. The manchester teams could be a slight problem.

If they are in a very good day they have all have quality to cause upsets, obviously. But Barca and Madrid have the most talented squads out there, by a good margin.

Last edited by stunt on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Se7en wrote:What competiveness? The competiveness in EPL at the moment is becouse they all suck

Reading that you would think Madrid and Barca would be 30 points ahead of the pack, which is crap.

I don't think either Barca or Madrid can easily beat Milan, Juve, MCity, Napoli, Chelsea, and other teams when those teams are on their day.

And the problem is that they would draw more matches than they do in La Liga, bust so will their opponents. And yet, in Serie A and EPL they will actually have opponents to worry about other than themselves.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 pm

che wrote:

man utd didn't cause any problems for barcelona the last 2 times they met, chelsea and city can't cause problems even for napoli, arsenal may have a shot if wenger got his shit together and actually spent money, spurs Laughing

maybe liverpool would have a shot at home, they tend to do well in big games but over an entire season they just drop way too many points

oh and the "serie a have superior defences" mantra is utter bs, the difference in goals per game between the three big leagues is like 0.05

You have to Understand, Chelsea and Man city will spend money until they get to Barcelona's level and Man united will be back and the more Barcelona plays in EPL the more teams will get to know them and can stand up to them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

Reading that you would think Madrid and Barca would be 30 points ahead of the pack, which is crap.

I don't think either Barca or Madrid can easily beat Milan, Juve, MCity, Napoli, Chelsea, and other teams when those teams are on their day.

Well of course not. Same with the EPL teams. But Madrid and Barca would win more times than they would lose if they faced these teams, IMO. I think they would win the other 2 big leagues 10/15 pts ahead.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Tigole wrote:

I think you are overrating Madrid and Barcelona a tad too much.

When La Liga sides that have strong players park the bus both Madrid and Barcelona suffer to break them down. Serie A teams , however, know how to park the bus and defend better than La Liga sides.

What makes you think they will just play and win easily?

Of course, that tactic has worked many times against the giants... They don't only park the bus... They dive, use thuggery and any other method to get a win. But just think about it like this - Madrid has probably the best firepower upfront - C.Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria and Özil. All four are both providers and scorers. No matter how much we suck against parking the bus teams we still manage in the end get the scoreline to favour us thanks to our extremly explosive firepower.

It's much tougher than you think. La Liga teams defends very organized, but that's not enough. Despite this both Real Madrid and Barcelona manage to get 30 or so points more than the other teams. It's very, very hard to stay compact and take the beating for 90 minutes.

They would kill any league. No league stands a chance in my opinion. I've watched both teams so much along with Serie A (especially the two latest seasons ever since Zlatan moved to Milan, just becouse they send them on free TV so I've something to watch at night)

EPL is pathetic, they would get dominated by Milan aswell, so I don't really need to prove anything there

Last edited by Se7en on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

"on their day" is not the issue here... on their day osasuna can beat barcelona

point is, barcelona and madrid both have too much quality to not dominate every other league over an entire season... sure the chasing teams would be closer than in spain but i can't imagine they would drop less points over the season... ffs juve are almost leading the table and have won barely more than 50% of their games, that's tragic
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm

imo both barca and madrid are so consistent that they wouldnt need to beat the top teams in bpl or serie a to win the league because both barca and madrid have very few slip ups against smaller teams.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm

even though i do think they WOULD beat the top teams in bpl or serie a for the majority of the time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

You have to Understand, Chelsea and Man city will spend money until they get to Barcelona's level and Man united will be back and the more Barcelona plays in EPL the more teams will get to know them and can stand up to them.

We are talking right now with their current teams.

If in the future other teams will improve why cant Barca improve aswell?

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Osasuna are a great example of a good parking the bus team

Believe me these guys are not only clinical against the giant two but they pressure, defend really well etc.

But they win like 1 out of 10
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Barcas bitches (Madrid) are so overrated on this forum, no doubt Barca would probably win either league and as for RM? Just because the squad is deep don't mean jack without the right mentality, they haven't proven anything to me yet.

IF they get through CSKA and beat the next opponent who is a top top team then maybe my views will change somewhat.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

pretty sure current man city's squad cost more than current barcelona squad... they already spent the money and are playing on thursday nights ffs
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next