BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Andreu Fontas Empty Re: Andreu Fontas

Post by Hamdyman Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

Really not sure if Fontas is what some make him seem to be, i find him rather slow and sloppy, these are two attributes you dont want in a Defender "Cegrinski" kind of, at the moment maybe more play time is needed.... its just that i feel his ability is not really up for it, but some might not see this due to the fact that he was covered by the other big boys at the back.

Let me know what you guys think..
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:48 am

Time will tell. I think its more likely Muniesa is heir to Puyol, but as long as we fill the gaps some way, it doesn't bother me who does it.

I like Fontas, but I agree his game has flaws.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Hamdyman wrote:Really not sure if Fontas is what some make him seem to be, i find him rather slow and sloppy, these are two attributes you dont want in a Defender "Cegrinski" kind of, at the moment maybe more play time is needed.... its just that i feel his ability is not really up for it, but some might not see this due to the fact that he was covered by the other big boys at the back.

Let me know what you guys think..

And what do "some make him" to be? I haven't read anyone actually rating Fontàs as a possible world class player.

I think of Fontàs as a catalan and la masia Chigrinisky, 25 milion cheaper, and imo better than the ucranian. He has the speed handicap to succeed for us, and Pep clearly hates him and applied to him his Pep's special shunning treatment before the injury.

However, I won't dismiss him as a valid player until he is given playing time. I don't think he is that slow - he is slow, obviously, but I think there's a problem of rythm or intensity in his game, that if solved, could make him cope with his slowness, while his quality with the ball is obvious. Could be useful also as DM as Kizz has pointed out many times, could do better than Machete there.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am

He may be sloppy and slow and that's why with these new reserves players coming through that its time to travel on a loan deal to find some form.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 am

Definitely not sloppy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 am

Andreu Fontas Xavi-rabaseda.v1318263600

Andreu Fontas lookalike?

Xavi Rabaseda from our Basketball team. Top young prospect who went undrafted for very little last summer (fortunately for us).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

Yep... a little bit. Not a lot though. Fontas has a very solid frame, including solid facial features. This guy has finer features, looks Swiss or something almost.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

BREAKING NEWS: Andreu #Fontas will take a medical in Mallorca today before leaving on loan for the rest of the season. #fcblive

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/andreu-fontas-road-to-mallorca
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 am

Good stuff!
It's a win-win situation. We save his salary, Fontas will have minutes to prove himself and Mallorca will have a player to cope with their injuries.
They have several long term injuries, so Fontas can be registered now and play from next week.
I don't see a future for Fontas anymore at Barça, especially after signing Song, promoting Bartra and probably signing another CB sooner or later, so my hope is he can prove he is a good player and we can get some money on his sale next summer.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:35 am

I am less-hard nosed and I hope he does well simply because he seems like a great guy Smile.

All the team seemed to really love his presence despite that he never played. He had great friendship with Pique and Puyol.

Sad the way he was rejected and drawn along (friendzoned), but he now should have a chance as you say. Mallorca need him.

Also, doubt we'll make much off him anyway.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Yeah, I hope he does well for himself too, haha, but Barça goes first.

Also, needs to improve to be a center back in the future catalan national team. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:40 pm

free_cat wrote:Yeah, I hope he does well for himself too, haha, but Barça goes first.

Also, needs to improve to be a center back in the future catalan national team. Very Happy

Yeah no doubt Wink

I have always liked him actually. Maybe not quite good enough for Barca but he's definitely La Liga standard. Botia left and I think he's one of Spain's top CBs now... Probably top 10 in league or something. I don't see why Fontas can't do the same.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 am

I guess it was time for him to move on. I guess a loan in terms means moving on though I can see Mallorca asking for a buy if he succeeds there. A great way to gain first team experience in the top league. Hopefully his fitness and positioning improves. I can see him succeeding however as a DM than a centreback tbh. Has the elements...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 am

Great that this scrub isn't on Barca roster anymore, shame that we didn't even get 500 000 euros for him. I hope we will get anything for this scrub, 1M of euros would be fantastic. He is such poor player, slow, no pace, bad positioning. Great that coaching staff finally stopped looking on his nationality and review him based on the fact that he is piss poor and Fontas won't play any minute in this season.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 pm

matpol wrote:Great that this scrub isn't on Barca roster anymore, shame that we didn't even get 500 000 euros for him. I hope we will get anything for this scrub, 1M of euros would be fantastic. He is such poor player, slow, no pace, bad positioning. Great that coaching staff finally stopped looking on his nationality and review him based on the fact that he is piss poor and Fontas won't play any minute in this season.

... Highly doubt you've even seen much of him...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 am

Played very well as a defensive midfielder for Mallorca against Sevilla in their 3-2 loss apparently. For me, if we didn't buy Song and got an actual centreback in the market then for me either Fonti or JDS would rotate for being backup for pivote role.
I reckon he will be a success at Mallorca if he continues to play as a defensive midfielder...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Useless loan if last nights game was anything to go by.

He is a centerback...they are using him in midfield of a 4411....

He has to do the exact thing he cant do...move around with mobility.

His partner was a 37 year old...so that only adds to the running he has to do.

Never going to find out if he can play centerback like this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Useless loan if last nights game was anything to go by.

He is a centerback...they are using him in midfield of a 4411....

He has to do the exact thing he cant do...move around with mobility.

His partner was a 37 year old...so that only adds to the running he has to do.

Never going to find out if he can play centerback like this.

Actually I think it's very likely he'll make his career as a DM. Not like he was going to make it with us anymore anyway so I don't really see it mattering much where he plays at another club.

Best case scenario is he plays well and they want to buy him for some small fee.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Even if he becomes a DM, he isnt learning the role like this. In a 2 man midfield you cant just sit in front of the back 4 all game long. Also, when the dude your playing with is like 15 years older than you, your damn sure your going to be doing the running.

But yeah, he probably isnt returning anyway...so why loan him in the first place? Why must we go through this every season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah I agree on the mid problem. I'm not 100% sure that's where he'll be the whole time though. I think atm they are in a crisis and just making do with what they have. When they get a few players back and probably strengthen in Jan we'll see where he plays.

Why loan him? I think we'll sell him next summer, but I guess it's very rare to sell in January (or before Jan?) window. I do think Barca expect him to get some games at CB though and then can see if he's needed in case of emergency, but I don't think he's been seen as a real option for a while.

You're right though, if they loan him again next year instead of selling that will be very annoying. I'm sure you remember that thread I did some years ago panning our loan policy.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 am

I've already offered up my views on why we loaned Fontas on the chat but might as well post them here.

Fontas was loaned so he can get playing time. His playing time is not meant to prove whether he can play CB for us - we could have played him to find out, it wouldn't have been riskier than playing Song there or Bartra, but so that other teams can see what he has to offer and value him. He will be promptly sold this summer.

Barca doesn't loan players that they believe can succeed at the club.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 am

Didn't have a great game against Madrid. Had to do alot of running since his other partner wasn't running (looked quite old tbh). Played some good passes though made a sloppy one which ended with Ronaldo grabbing the first for the night. More game time, the more value his name gets. Its simple that he isn't coming back. as BC, Barca don't loan players if they have a place in the team...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm

So Hleb, Keirrison, Henrique and Cáceres all had a chance?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am

Hleb did, he sucked. The rest not so much, but Henrique and Keirrison have proven at lesser clubs they arent good enough for that level so no big deal.

Caceres did decent at Sevilla and Juve, didnt really get his chance with us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next