When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again?

+16
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Raptorgunner
jibers
Giggslegend
EarlyPrototype
donttreadonred
Zealous
pUsHa
dostoevsky
Luca
McAgger
Patrick Bateman
McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again? Empty When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 am

I can see them doing it within 5 years. What do you guys think?

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again? Empty Re: When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again?

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 am

Whenever their sporting director actually decides to grow a pair and go big on a player or two.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again? Empty Re: When do you think Juventus will have a squad able to win/reach a CL final again?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:38 am

There's a difference going for a big player when you're 7th and when you're the new champion of the league though. In the position of the first you're likely to pay a pretty premium, on the later you have a lot more pulling power.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 am

McLewis wrote:Whenever their sporting director actually decides to grow a pair and go big on a player or two.

Well he didn't go mad spending big on player in the summer or winter and it's payed of so far so I really wonder.

To answer the OP's question,2-3 years imho...

Last edited by Patrick Bateman on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:46 am

They seem like the strongest in Serie A. They can make it to Semis with the squad they have at the moment to be honest.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:There's a difference going for a big player when you're 7th and when you're the new champion of the league though. In the position of the first you're likely to pay a pretty premium, on the later you have a lot more pulling power.

I'm sure Juve could've signed a couple of big names when it became evident that Conte was going to take over and his project came to light. It's a very positive project that would've benefited players who were looking for a fresh start. In the end, Juve just wasn't willing to pay the cash and that type of mentality isn't going to get them into a CL final.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am

McLewis wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:There's a difference going for a big player when you're 7th and when you're the new champion of the league though. In the position of the first you're likely to pay a pretty premium, on the later you have a lot more pulling power.

I'm sure Juve could've signed a couple of big names when it became evident that Conte was going to take over and his project came to light. It's a very positive project that would've benefited players who were looking for a fresh start. In the end, Juve just wasn't willing to pay the cash and that type of mentality isn't going to get them into a CL final.

Juventus wasn't willing to spend the cash? I think you're mistaken.

Anyways, if Pirlo was 5 years younger, then the champions league in 5 years could be realistic. Pirlo is irreplaceable at the moment and going forward that is a larger concern than having a big name, higher priced forward.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:47 am

Luca's back. cheers

I hope. Razz

No matter how strong the squad is next year I imagine that the focus would be on winning the league again whilst guaging how far away from this goal they are when they return to the Champions League. Depending on how they deal in the summer, I imagine they have the potential to reach this goal in two-three years, unless Pirlo's influence begins to wane significantly and they don't have an option in the squad to respond at the highest level.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 am

When they get Kaka2007 Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 am

Not any time soon imo

They barely scraped though with a much better team in the 90's

Only way I see it possible is if they get "Barcelona" lucky lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:05 am

It's Juve, they could just as easily make the finals if they get the rub of the green (which any winning team needs).

They're tough and if their squad focuses on every game in the CL (a big ask) they can reach the final.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 pm

They assembled an amazing squad for this season, considering they finished 7th last season. Conte has also done wonders instilling a new mindset and culture within the squad. He's getting the most out of his players, and he is teaching them to work their butts off for the full 90+ minutes. With another summer to build, I can see them making a run next season, and being a real threat within 3 years.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Their midfield is as good as any other team. They also have a very good defense. At least on paper.

One or two big signings and they would be ready in a few years.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I think yesterday
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Within the next few years. They have the mentality and the belief, and Italian football is more suited to continental football than most other leagues.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 pm

jibers wrote:Within the next few years. They have the mentality and the belief, and Italian football is more suited to continental football than most other leagues.

As clearly shown by their results over the past 4 years? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I think in the next 3 years, next year will be a big test for them, I am glad they are back in CL again. They were surly missed. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 pm

When they have enough money to buy UEFA Refs world class players.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Money?

They offered 30 million for Aguero last summer Laughing the only reason they didnt get him because he wanted CL football something Juve could'nt offer.

You have to remember they finished 7th 2 years on the trot and yet they still managed to attract the likes of Pirlo, Barzagli, Vidal, Lichtsteiner etc etc.....

They have the money.

Tbh i didnt think they are that far away from challenging the best sides in europe in terms of first eleven........

WC CB/LB ( Depending where Chiellini plays) and a world class forward ( whether it be a CF or a SS) i dont think matters.

BTW when Juventus was great they never had the best team on paper but what they did have was a champions mentality and great team ethic and that is what brought them success and it will bring them success again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:12 pm

McLewis wrote:I'm sure Juve could've signed a couple of big names when it became evident that Conte was going to take over and his project came to light. It's a very positive project that would've benefited players who were looking for a fresh start. In the end, Juve just wasn't willing to pay the cash and that type of mentality isn't going to get them into a CL final.

I don't think it was evident that they were going to take off like they did. To a player from a foreign league he's probably not acquainted with Conte or the project. Juve's reluctance to overpay is understandable, if they get a reputation as a big buyer that is hard to shake off in the future.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Money?

They offered 30 million for Aguero last summer Laughing the only reason they didnt get him because he wanted CL football something Juve could'nt offer.

You have to remember they finished 7th 2 years on the trot and yet they still managed to attract the likes of Pirlo, Barzagli, Vidal, Lichtsteiner etc etc.....

They have the money.

Tbh i didnt think they are that far away from challenging the best sides in europe in terms of first eleven........

WC CB/LB ( Depending where Chiellini plays) and a world class forward ( whether it be a CF or a SS) i dont think matters.

BTW when Juventus was great they never had the best team on paper but what they did have was a champions mentality and great team ethic and that is what brought them success and it will bring them success again.

Pretty much an agreeable post but the part underlined isn't entirely true. The periods at which Juventus were great (and I mean really great), they had one of the best squads on paper particularly the final to which they lost to Real Madrid. A wonderfully balanced squad they were in all honesty...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 pm

I agree, but my point was that never at any stage atleast in my view they never had individually the best eleven.......

They had quality players yes, but thier ideals and system was based on the collective more than the individual......

Could anyone really say players like Montero, Tacchinardi, Ferarra and even Conte himself to be great individual players ?

They were great at what they did but other teams had better individual players.

People say they need to buy a lot of quality, quite frankly i dont think they do 2 or 3 quality additions combined with thier new found winning mentality and great team ethic and ability to adapt to various different systems instilled into them by Conte.

Will make them challengers IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:02 pm

hard to tell, Barzagli is doing great this season but i wouldnt be surprised if he returned to his former self next year. Their midfield is great but lacks the depth of a CL winner and their forward line is average at best. that said 1 WC signing at every line should do but can they do while pirlo is still priming ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I think it will be 2 or 3 seasons.

The main problems are:

Replacing Pirlo in a few years time. This is so important seeing how much of our play goes through him.

Finding a true world class forward, I was reading an article about our total shots this season which in in excess of 400 (more than any other club) and we have scored less goals than teams closer to 300-350

Geting a top LB. Chiellini prefers being a CB and I would rather have him at the back than converting him to full time LB. Although it's easier to get a top CB than full back at the moment.

With this I think Juventus can challenge.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
McLewis wrote:I'm sure Juve could've signed a couple of big names when it became evident that Conte was going to take over and his project came to light. It's a very positive project that would've benefited players who were looking for a fresh start. In the end, Juve just wasn't willing to pay the cash and that type of mentality isn't going to get them into a CL final.

I don't think it was evident that they were going to take off like they did. To a player from a foreign league he's probably not acquainted with Conte or the project. Juve's reluctance to overpay is understandable, if they get a reputation as a big buyer that is hard to shake off in the future.

None of our new recruits knew anything about Luis Enrique or our project either though. They all had to be sold on it by Sabatini and it must be said that he did a fantastic job in that regard. And we had a lot less money to play with and a smaller reputation than Juve as well. I see no reason why Marotta couldn't have done the same with Juve.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next