dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
Le Samourai
la bestia negra
54 posters

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Laughing at hip hop knowledge than calling Jay Z the GOAT when he's been putting out subpar material for close to ten years now... Irony at its best.

Jay Z was great, and isn't these days. Kendrick is an up and comer who has put out a top album and many top verses. The guard changes, that's the way of life. I wouldn't expect Big Daddy Kane or Warren G to kill Kendrick in a battle right now either, but if you're a casual enough fan to call Jay Z the greatest ever you probably don't even know those names...

Tl;dr: pls go.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by guest7 Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 pm

I said arguably the GOAT, read my shit. Personally Biggie is the GOAT but I respect the opinion of those who claim Jay and Nas are the GOATs becouse they have earned really high rankings in Hip Hop. Why? Becouse unlike Kendrick, they have dropped classics, not just one classic album. (which is arguable, I don't think good kid was a classic but again, I respect the opinion of those who think it was)

On top of that they've proven themselves in beef raps aswell, which Kendrick has yet to do. I can hardly see his control verse as diss either becouse in reality what he said in a summary "I love ya'll niggaz but I'm tryna murder you niggaz" aka yall my homeboys but I want the throne for myself. Not a diss but the mentality that should be shared within every rapper.

I don't care if Jay, Nas or any other classic rappers shit has been mediocre in recent years. Everyone with a braincell knows it's becouse top rappers are lacking motivation nowadays. All of their recent releases have been rushed out and are very simple compared to their older works. You don't lose the talent of a genius throughout time, the only thing you lose is your motivation. If a up and coming rapper like Kendrick was about to take your throne, you can bet your ass Jay would have the motivation to murder him and put him back to his place.

I can't believe I even have to discuss this :facepalm: It's not the first time I've seen such excitement for a new rapper, Lupe was just as hyped as Kendrick in the past (aka the saviour of hip hop, the new king blah blah blah) and he fell off so hard. It's too early to name Kendrick anything and he still is unproven in some areas within hip hop.

There is no way in hell any of you are going to convince me that Kendrick is going to murder Jay 100%. No *bleep* way.

tl;dr pls go and respect the goats
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

You're the one who was claiming this forum lacked hip-hop knowledge based on one opinion. If you really feel that way, I suggest you keep it moving...there's no sense in arguing with people whose opinions you don't respect.

The game has definitely changed, but I don't think that calls for artists to disrespect their own craft. It shouldn't take a Kendrick "diss" to get rappers motivated, that just makes me :facepalm: 

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm

No surprise. My man comes strong as always.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:40 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:You're the one who was claiming this forum lacked hip-hop knowledge based on one opinion. If you really feel that way, I suggest you keep it moving...there's no sense in arguing with people whose opinions you don't respect.

The game has definitely changed, but I don't think that calls for artists to disrespect their own craft. It shouldn't take a Kendrick "diss" to get rappers motivated, that just makes me :facepalm: 
I've been a user in this forum long before this thread was even made... I'm not saying this because of one opinion, but rather multiple stuff I've seen here. The difference is I've held on to my opinion until I finally snapped when I read that Kendrick would murder Jay without a doubt Laughing Just a laughable opinion no true hip hop fan can agree on. I actually respect dmize hip hop knowledge to an extent because from what I read he listens to a lot of hip hop and seems to have decent knowledge of it, but I also tend to disagree with a lot of the stuff he says.

Like I said, the top rappers are like they are because it sells. You might facepalm at it but rappers like Nas and Jay have little left to compete with, they are at the top with everything achieved. It's obvious motivation is lacking from both artists and in Nas case it's always been inconsistency more than motivation but we all know the man can step up when required to.

Anyway, I'll go back to my quiet ways but expect me to snap again if I see stuff disrespecting legends of the game that I just HAVE to respond to.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:55 pm

So you're basically saying that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. There's really no sense in having a discussion with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Now I really want Jay-Z to respond.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Se7en wrote:I said arguably the GOAT, read my shit. Personally Biggie is the GOAT but I respect the opinion of those who claim Jay and Nas are the GOATs becouse they have earned really high rankings in Hip Hop. Why? Becouse unlike Kendrick, they have dropped classics, not just one classic album. (which is arguable, I don't think good kid was a classic but again, I respect the opinion of those who think it was)

On top of that they've proven themselves in beef raps aswell, which Kendrick has yet to do. I can hardly see his control verse as diss either becouse in reality what he said in a summary "I love ya'll niggaz but I'm tryna murder you niggaz" aka yall my homeboys but I want the throne for myself. Not a diss but the mentality that should be shared within every rapper.

I don't care if Jay, Nas or any other classic rappers shit has been mediocre in recent years. Everyone with a braincell knows it's becouse top rappers are lacking motivation nowadays. All of their recent releases have been rushed out and are very simple compared to their older works. You don't lose the talent of a genius throughout time, the only thing you lose is your motivation. If a up and coming rapper like Kendrick was about to take your throne, you can bet your ass Jay would have the motivation to murder him and put him back to his place.

I can't believe I even have to discuss this :facepalm:It's not the first time I've seen such excitement for a new rapper, Lupe was just as hyped as Kendrick in the past (aka the saviour of hip hop, the new king blah blah blah) and he fell off so hard. It's too early to name Kendrick anything and he still is unproven in some areas within hip hop.

There is no way in hell any of you are going to convince me that Kendrick is going to murder Jay 100%. No *bleep* way.

tl;dr pls go and respect the goats
I said nothing about Kendrick being on the same level as the rappers you just named from a historical standpoint. Obviously he's put out one studio album so far and a bunch of stuff alongside that, you don't get put up on Mount Rushmore for that. So don't tell me he's just going to fall off in the future like *insert previously hyped rapper here*, that has nothing to do with my argument.

All I was saying is that right now, at this moment in time, Kendrick is better than Jay Z. Even if it is due to simply lack of motivation, that's still relevant - because we're not talking all time, we're talking about verses in the here and now. And frankly, if Jay were to decide to respond to this, I'm sure he'd put out something half-assed and subpar yet again. It's not like this one verse is going to jumpstart Jay's creative juices more than 10 years of being slated by critics did. It's really not a stretch to say that we feel Jay would get destroyed by Kendrick in 2013, because frankly, Kendrick's put out more top albums this millennium than Jay has. And if you think that opinion is so stupid you just snapped and couldn't handle all of the stupidity on here, maybe you should reevaluate your own thought process (or at least reading comprehension). It's not even a controversial statement to most people who follow hip hop.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Oh hey it's the Kanye stan

Yeah cause Jay-Z has destroyed anyone he's battled right? Like Nas. Oh wait. Nas took his lunch money. Cam'ron embarassed him.

It doesn't matter what classics Jay has dropped. Wtf does that have to do his with current form. It matters what form they are in NOW. And Kdot is in another zone.

He's not a battle rapper. He would never reply at this point in his career and if he did it would be some weak sneak diss.

and Biggie as GOAT :Rofl:

So what's your argument as to why he's better than Pac. Far more ridiculous than saying Kendrick is in better form than Jay. Not surprising you like both BIG and Jay, I mean Jay-Z did steal like every other line from BIG. Notorious biter.

and Nas >>> Jay-Z

Last edited by dmize on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Underrated diss, Cam absolutely went in.

and Cam and Max B on a track together. That's never happening again Sad 
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:25 am

Jay Z putting out sub-par music? Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 am

Oh yeah smartass, use the "kanye stan"-argument to belittle my hip hop knowledge like it's relevant to the discussion :facepalm:

And anyone who look at the big picture knows that Jay has won ALL his beefs. All of them. Nas is the biggest argument against Jay and it's hilarious that Nas attacks Rocafella then later gets OWNED by Rocafella. It's a laughable joke on Nas side and he lost so hard in my eyes for that reason alone. On top of that, Jay F*CKED HIS BABY MOMMA, and Nas today is WORKING for Jay. Takeover itself was able to stand for Jay but Jay then living up to every word he said in Takeover while Nas didnt in ether, made it the stronger diss for me. I'll admit tho words vs words Nas won, but I never claimed Jay is a better rapper than Nas either. All I claimed is that Jay would murder Kendrick, and a rapper like Nas murdering Jay wouldnt put him down becouse Nas is seriously one of the most gifted lyricist we will ever see in rap. But the actions in their beefs Jay bodied Nas with waht he did.

And of course, this track:

And lol Cam'ron as argument :lol:Only reason Cam released that is becouse he hasnt been relevant in 10 years... It's hilarious that you even attempt to use it against Jay becouse it hardly touched his fanbase or his image. Also, once Jay released this:

Good bye Cam, good bye Jim, good bye Dame. Coined the legendary "Men lie, woman lie, numbers dont" aswell.

And once again you make my snap by calling me a clueless for calling Biggie the GOAT 🤦I take it back that I respect some of your hip hop knowledge, you keep making absurd comments that are *bleep* retarded. Yes, Biggie can be the GOAT and in MY EYES (hence why I said personally) he is.

*bleep* show some respect for the older GOATs becouse it's *bleep* obvious you havent listened to any of the GOATs, you're so new to hip hop it's ridiculous. You're trying to honestly tell me Biggie can't be the GOAT when everyone and their mama knows that the contenders for rap GOAT are Biggie, Pac, Nas and Jay.

Please quit embarrasing yourself, it's obvious I'm years (literally tbh) ahead of you in hip hop knowledge, I doubt you were alive during the East vs West battles, which is also a big argument to why Biggie should be considered a GOAT
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

^ rofl rofl

Look how mad this guy got. I can literally see this dude red-faced banging his keyboard, as he tries to convince the world that Ether didn't own Jigga.

Seriously bro, just the internet. No need to catch feelings like a schoolgirl.

And Swagg. What about Kingdom Come?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm

dmize wrote:^ roflrofl

Look how mad this guy got. I can literally see this dude red-faced banging his keyboard, as he tries to convince the world that Ether didn't own Jigga.

Seriously bro, just the internet. No need to catch feelings like a schoolgirl.

And Swagg. What about Kingdom Come?
Yeah that post reeks anger, but heres the difference between me and you kid, I'm aware my post came off as me mad but it doesnt bother me becouse the only thing that matters to me in this discussion is if I'm right or wrong. Judging by your response it sounds like I was right Laughing You're quick to post idiotic claims like Jay would be murdered by Kendrick but you hide your opinion as soon as someone dares to bust your idiotic opinions rofl

I kinda understand how those Maradona fans feel now when Messi fanboys try to discuss who is better. It's obvious those Messi fans should have no say in the discussion because they never watched Maradona play, while those who advocate that Maradona was the better player has.

Same thing here bro, I lived through the golden era of hip hop, I've lived through the controversy, I've discussed hip hop with some of the best DJs and producers in the world (such as LP, but majority of those I've discussed hip hop with are from Sweden tbh). You have zero experience and hence, zero say in this discussion really because it's obvious your inexperience makes you think you're right when you're sooooo wrong.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm

All it would take is a glance to the left to see my age and see that I lived through the 90's. :facepalm:

You still haven't answered how BIG is better than Pac. Nice ducking there.

And I hid my opinion? Tf are you talking about. That's what I believe. And stand by it.

It's funny; you resorting to "Ive been around longer than you and I know more than you. Ive worked with irrelevant DJs in Sweden brah. I'm sooo right"  Laughing

Not carrying this on anymore, it's clear you get unbelievably butthurt when someone dares to diss Kangay and Jay-z. Defending 'em like they're your family. It's sad really. Get a hobby.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Irrelevant DJs :facepalm: Do you think every artist that performs in Sweden brings their own with them? I'm speaking DJs that has worked with some of the most famous international rap artists :facepalm: Guys that you know, have experience, knows some of the people that run rap... Which clearly you don't.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:25 pm

This post was made by Se7en who is currently on your ignore list. See the message.

I'm sorry, what?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm

So now one has to know and converse with DJ's in order to know what constitutes as good music. Do you understand what an opinion is? Apparently we're not entitled to listen to music and form our own opinion if we don't have connections...:facepalm:

brb going to Sweden to meet DJ's that can educate me

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Jay-Z beat Nas?

Good day.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:01 pm

^ lol

Both diss songs were great, but Ether was on another level.

How I really feel though: Jay-Z as a whole(at least TODAY) is just corny. That Picasso Baby performance "art" he did for 6 hours :facepalm: Buncha hipster b.s. He's also a major dick rider, he aligns himself with whoever is hot at the time(ie Drake) and leaves whoevers not out to dry(The Roots, Cam'Ron).

Not to mention he's stolen countless lines from B.I.G:

embarassing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:06 pm

I have yet to check it out, but my man Joey finally spit something to "Control"...

http://www.freeonsmash.com/news/2013/08/17/joe-budden-control-kendrick-lamar-response/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 am

Yeah, he went in! I will never understand why Joey doesn't get more respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Kendrick will kill Jay-Z...

I actually never understood why Jay is considered as a GOAT.
But hey, I'm new to hip hop and I won't know... Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 pm

dmize wrote:

Oh sh t, Kdot brought out a ridiculous freestyle from Cassidy Shocked

Yeh this and Lupe's were my favs.

Fabolous made a sick remix as well.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Figured I should throw up a youtube link...

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Jay-Z is a horrible rapper lmao. Proof that he is and that Big L would have been one of the greatest of all time, top 3, doesn't get enough praise.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next