Iceman
Raptorgunner
Quinten Metsys
57 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 26 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Lex Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:02 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal to sell Per Mertesacker this summer & replace him with Jan Vertonghen - http://t.co/UQzOEK7T
Do not want

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal to sell Per Mertesacker this summer & replace him with Jan Vertonghen - http://t.co/UQzOEK7T

Interesting, but why Per when we have Squid and Djouru who should be going. scratch
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 am

I dont buy this, Per will be here next season and he has proven himself at Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 am

Sounds like rubbish, given it's 'the people'.

If Wenger really means business he should sell Djourou & Squillaci, and buy Vertonghen.

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vertonghen Santos

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:11 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Sounds like rubbish, given it's 'the people'.

If Wenger really means business he should sell Djourou & Squillaci, and buy Vertonghen.

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vertonghen Santos

affraid :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 am

This is the most ridiculous rumour I've heard for a while now. Complete bullshit. People No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Walcott had a couple of months of bad form and that does not make him a bad player. Drifts in and out of games, sure, but he almost always has an impact. Hit the post against City even though he wasn't playing at his best, for example.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:23 pm

This is the thing about Walcott he has the ability to be WC player and destroy defenders every game but I dont know why he disappear is some games and next game he is just goes off.

All the defenders fear him and when he is having bad game is not because the defender is making it hard for him its Walcott who is making it hard for himself.

Would I trade Walcott for Bale, Nani and Young? never.

The reason I want him to sit on the bench is so he knows his place is not guaranteed, if he does not bring it every game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm

You just can't play Walcott against a team that parks the bus (Manchester City) that's why he flops against those teams. He can't dribble in tight spaces and needs a very good AM that makes through balls. Very one-dimensional if you ask me.

By all saying that, I find it ridiculous to even think about selling him, you can always use him in the big games and he will perform unlike some other guys being mentioned (Nani, Bale, Young). I believe if he learns some dribbling tricks he'll become great.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Thats the thing if there is a player in front of him he would run in to him most of the time and lose the ball.

The day Walcott learns how to dribble pass a defender is the day Walcott is a complete player.

I dont get how he does not add any new tricks to his game, Walcott is surrounded by some of the most skillful players, it should not be hard for him to learn new tricks and take on defenders.

If I was Wenger all I would make Walcott every day is learn new tricks and make Santos his teacher. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Walcott has been better than both Nani and Bale in the latter half of the season. Fact.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Lex wrote:Walcott has been better than both Nani and Bale in the latter half of the season. Fact.

Are you talking about the same Bale thats worth over 50 million? Shocked
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Thats the thing if there is a player in front of him he would run in to him most of the time and lose the ball.

The day Walcott learns how to dribble pass a defender is the day Walcott is a complete player.

I dont get how he does not add any new tricks to his game, Walcott is surrounded by some of the most skillful players, it should not be hard for him to learn new tricks and take on defenders.

If I was Wenger all I would make Walcott every day is learn new tricks and make Santos his teacher. Very Happy

thats because we let him lose his energy by starting, if he were a sub coming on when players got tired he would run past everyone.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey is a shock target for Arsenal.

The Daily Express says Arsenal could make a ÂŁ10million summer move for Fulham striker Dempsey.

The American, who has scored 19 goals, was a target for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger last summer and he may be tempted again.

Between Gylfi SigurĂ°sson and Clint Dempsey,who do you think will be ideal for Arsenal?

The young and exciting SigurĂ°sson or the old and EPL-experienced Dempsey?

After the year he is having Dempsey no question.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 am

I'd actually prefer Wenger to ignore Hazzard and Gotze and try to pry Ben Arfa from Newcastle or even go for Affelay @ Barca. They can both play on the wing or through the middle
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am

Lazio playmaker Hernanes linked with Arsenal in La Gazzetta Dello Sport today. Would cost ÂŁ16.5m. (via @JamesHorncastle )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Walcott actually makes around as many dribbles in a game as Gervinho does, so it's kinda silly to say that he can't dribble. It's just a stereotype that stuck with him and one that he can't shake off.
Walcott can rip defenses to pieces at times. He did that against Fulham, he did it against Norwich, he did it against Chelsea and all of those were without the help of midfielders that he "depends" so badly on.
Is it fair to criticize him for needing midfielders? Not really, it's like criticizing RVP for needing wingers to create chances for him. Fair play to him, he sometimes creates chances on his own and he has assisted a bucket-load of RVP's goals yet he still gets unfair criticism.

You'd think Arsenal fans would have learned their lesson after that Spurs game, but no. Walcott is the type of players that could be having a bad game but still come up with something extraordinary or, at least, important. He was having a bad game against Swansea, but still came up with our equalizer with a great finish (not for the first time this season).
10 goals and 11 assists, ladies and gentlemen. For a player that has been so "abysmal" this season, it's just fascinating to see him getting so many.
In the 7-1 destruction of Blackburn, Walcott showed what he can do with the aid of midfielders with his first two assists to RVP and then showed his infamous disability of not being able to dribble in his third assist of the game for Chamberlain's second goal.

10 goals and 11 assists, but he should be benched. What kind of logic is that?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott actually makes around as many dribbles in a game as Gervinho does, so it's kinda silly to say that he can't dribble. It's just a stereotype that stuck with him and one that he can't shake off.
Walcott can rip defenses to pieces at times. He did that against Fulham, he did it against Norwich, he did it against Chelsea and all of those were without the help of midfielders that he "depends" so badly on.
Is it fair to criticize him for needing midfielders? Not really, it's like criticizing RVP for needing wingers to create chances for him. Fair play to him, he sometimes creates chances on his own and he has assisted a bucket-load of RVP's goals yet he still gets unfair criticism.

You'd think Arsenal fans would have learned their lesson after that Spurs game, but no. Walcott is the type of players that could be having a bad game but still come up with something extraordinary or, at least, important. He was having a bad game against Swansea, but still came up with our equalizer with a great finish (not for the first time this season).
10 goals and 11 assists, ladies and gentlemen. For a player that has been so "abysmal" this season, it's just fascinating to see him getting so many.
In the 7-1 destruction of Blackburn, Walcott showed what he can do with the aid of midfielders with his first two assists to RVP and then showed his infamous disability of not being able to dribble in his third assist of the game for Chamberlain's second goal.

With his speed coming on later in games he would go around people, and skill wise I think that the Ox has surpassed him, plus if we get Clint Dempsey, there is no feesable way that you can tell me that Walcott is better than him, in this case he would e on the bench
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm

He goes around people later on in games as well as from the start, lets not kid ourselves here. If you look at the time in the match when he gets his assists or goals, it has little to do with how fatigued the opposition is. He gets assists early, he gets assists late. He ripped Newcastle to pieces for the whole 90 minutes, not just the last 20. This whole "Play him when the opposition is fatigued" bit is getting tired, because it hardly relates to his actual performances. If he never did well early on in all his games, then I'd understand, but seeing as he performs just the same at the start as he does at the end, then there is no logic behind it.

"If we get Dempsey"....and if we don't? Walcott should be a starter now, and IF Dempsey comes in we'll see how Wenger copes with it. Will Dempsey play as a winger in our formation? With the way we play? Hard to see. You're comparing two very different players and somehow there is "no feasible way" of showing you that you have poor logic?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Kwame2u wrote:I'd actually prefer Wenger to ignore Hazzard and Gotze and try to pry Ben Arfa from Newcastle or even go for Affelay @ Barca. They can both play on the wing or through the middle

i agree with this, but ben arfa will be too expensive since newcastle wont sell him cheap, or sell him at all.

I wont mind Kerim Frei of Fulham.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott actually makes around as many dribbles in a game as Gervinho does, so it's kinda silly to say that he can't dribble. It's just a stereotype that stuck with him and one that he can't shake off.

He can't dribble in tight spaces. Period. Stats don't always show the full picture, Gervinho is a better dribbler than Walcott atm it's uncomparable. That Spurs game is exactly what I'm talking about, Spurs were attacking, and got caught in counter because of our pace not because Walcott is an amazing dribbler. Of course that he will play good sometimes otherwise he wouldn't start for us. In my eyes he's not consistent enough if we want to win titles.

And yes it's fair to critisize him for needing midfielders. You can't compare van Persie with Walcott for needed midfielders. One is a striker the other a winger. For a striker it's normal if he needs service but a winger? I've defended Walcott alot but these stats are bullshit. These stats for a winger that is a constant starter playing for Arsenal are average. Is there a stat that tells how much Walcott missed? Is there a stat that tells how much he could've done better? Seriously man.... he wasn't the worst player but he isn't not even close of being one of our best players, and it's not surprise that fans are mad at him. He even himself addmited it that without his pace he would be "rubbish".

Yes he can rip defences but that's happening very rarely, and it's usually in the big matches (got nothing against this, love him when on beast form). I just expect more consistency from him.

P.S - Just checked "Whoscored" and it tells me that Gervinho has a better dribbling percentage per game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:24 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
He can't dribble in tight spaces. Period. Stats don't always show the full picture, Gervinho is a better dribbler than Walcott atm it's uncomparable. That Spurs game is exactly what I'm talking about, Spurs were attacking, and got caught in counter because of our pace not because Walcott is an amazing dribbler. Of course that he will play good sometimes otherwise he wouldn't start for us. In my eyes he's not consistent enough if we want to win titles.

And yes it's fair to critisize him for needing midfielders. You can't compare van Persie with Walcott for needed midfielders. One is a striker the other a winger. For a striker it's normal if he needs service but a winger? I've defended Walcott alot but these stats are bullshit. These stats for a winger that is a constant starter playing for Arsenal are average. Is there a stat that tells how much Walcott missed? Is there a stat that tells how much he could've done better? Seriously man.... he wasn't the worst player but he isn't not even close of being one of our best players, and it's not surprise that fans are mad at him. He even himself addmited it that without his pace he would be "rubbish".

Yes he can rip defences but that's happening very rarely, and it's usually in the big matches (got nothing against this, love him when on beast form). I just expect more consistency from him.

P.S - Just checked "Whoscored" and it tells me that Gervinho has a better dribbling percentage per game.

1) Walcott isn't a winger. He's a player who prefers to play as a striker (Needs service) but has been converted to a Winger to suite our system better

2) Walcott had a very rough patch during the season, and nobody on here denies that, so considering that this has been a "bad" season for him, these stats are by no means "average".

3) Walcott performs best when the midfielders play through balls for him to run onto, but he can also perform without that. The games where he has shone have all been a result of his own hard work, and not because he was played through on goal.

4) The fans are mad at everyone. The fans were mad at Wenger, the fans were mad at Koscielny last season, the fans are mad at Ramsey, the fans wanted RVP sold because he was getting injured too frequently, the fans are mad at Gervinho, the fans were mad at Gibbs, the fans were mad at Mertesacker and want(ed) him sold, the fans wanted Song out of Arsenal, the fans wanted Arshavin out and then when Wenger sent him on loan they whined some more and the fans still think that Arteta does "nothing" at Arsenal and was a waste of money.

I'm sorry if I don't take the opinions of "the fans" too seriously.

Last edited by Iceman on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Iceman wrote:

1) Walcott isn't a winger. He's a player who prefers to play as a striker (Needs service) but has been converted to a Winger to suite our system better

2) Walcott had a very rough patch during the season, and nobody on here denies that, so considering that this has been a "bad" season for him, these stats are by no means "average".

3) Walcott performs best when the midfielders play through balls for him to run onto, but he can also perform without that. The games where he has shown have all been a result of his own hard work, and not because he was played through on goal.

4) The fans are mad at everyone. The fans were mad at Wenger, the fans were mad at Koscielny last season, the fans are mad at Ramsey, the fans wanted RVP sold because he was getting injured too frequently, the fans are mad at Gervinho, the fans were mad at Gibbs, the fans were mad at Mertesacker and want(ed) him sold, the fans wanted Song out of Arsenal, the fans wanted Arshavin out and then when Wenger sent him on loan they whined some more and the fans still think that Arteta does "nothing" at Arsenal and was a waste of money.

I'm sorry if I don't take the opinions of "the fans" too seriously.

Welcome back! And thats a great post!
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Gervinho is a better dribbler than Walcott atm it's uncomparable.

Is this the same Gervinho who constantly runs into dead ends and fails to produce anything of significane during the majority of the games he plays in?

And yes it's fair to critisize him for needing midfielders. You can't compare van Persie with Walcott for needed midfielders. One is a striker the other a winger. For a striker it's normal if he needs service but a winger?

Walcott is not a conventional winger. He's a wide forward that looks to play on the shoulder of the defenders, and for that to be effective he needs service from midfielders. So yes, you can compare it with van Persie's need for wingers and midfielders to create chances.

Incidentally, Gervinho, with his apparently superior dribbling and skill, has yet to score a goal that he's made for himself and only scores when put through one-on-one by a midfielder.

Walcott and Gervinho are the same time of player. One dribblies slightly better than the other yet the other has better totals for the season.

I've defended Walcott alot but these stats are bullshit. These stats for a winger that is a constant starter playing for Arsenal are average.

In what way is 10 goals and 11 assists average for a winger, in any side?

Is there a stat that tells how much Walcott missed? Is there a stat that tells how much he could've done better?

I see this argument a lot and have yet to make sense of it. Walcott has missed, but so has Gervinho, Ramsey, Rosicky, van Persie etc. Walcott is not the main culprit for squandering opportunities and it's completely unfair to hold that against him.

"If we get Dempsey"....and if we don't? Walcott should be a starter now, and IF Dempsey comes in we'll see how Wenger copes with it. Will Dempsey play as a winger in our formation? With the way we play? Hard to see. You're comparing two very different players and somehow there is "no feasible way" of showing you that you have poor logic?

I agree wholly. Dempsey has had such a fantastic year but has played predominantly off the striker and even sometimes up front. He doesn't play a wide role, and is a different player to Walcott, hence my earlier claim that as good as he has been, it's not the sort of player we really need.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Some things just never change on this forum. That was another fantastic post, Jay
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 am

Clint Dempsey is under serious consideration by Arsene Wenger. No approach for Fulham midfielder yet however. - http://tgr.ph/HIORqU
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next