djoe26
Eman
Raptorgunner
The Verminator
REWB
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

should arshavin even be second choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: should arshavin even be second choice?

Post by REWB Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

The Verminator wrote:I have to admit that Shava's challenge was very poor. I mean yea Valencia tricked him into thinking he was gonna cross it but he wasn't even very convincing that he was gonna cross it.

But you also got blame Song too. He completely moved away from Valencia thinking that he would pass to someone but he was in no mans land. That was very poor from him too.

oh song dont get me started, dont think i've forgot about him. i haven't, ill be making a thread about what i think about him tomorrow. good player but there's things about him i personally dislike.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

should arshavin even be second choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: should arshavin even be second choice?

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:18 am

Song's a good player no doubt. But we'll see what you gotta say tomorrow
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Eman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:nah man, seriously watch it again, with more desire he would have got that ball. he was jogging around and challenging with no aggression or nothing.
gunnerlistick wrote:He is half arsed attempt to defend was embarrassing and pathetic, this just sums up Arshavin. A gifted player but his lack of desire and passion just beggers belief really :facepalm:

Go to 1:50 of the video. Arshavin puts his head down and chases Valencia back the moment he gets beat, stays at his side to pressure him as Valencia goes 1-v-1 with Vermaelen, and then remains with him when the others back off. He is also the only guy to attempt and win a challenge. I guess Vermaelen and Song have no desire either, right? :coffee:

I agree with you. yes He was not aggressive enough but at least he tried , he ran back. the others defenders where just waiting !? Shocked Valencia was heading 3 gunners with arsha on his back. IF i was arsha i would have thought that one of them woul have came towards valencia otherwise i'd have made a sliding challenge and concede a dangerous freekick.
Arsha is not a good defender( doesn't have to), it's not like a new so what were they waiting for.
1st goal , Djourou could have run to giggs , instead he was waiting for giggs to try a 1Vs 1
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Eman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:HE MADE the mistake at the back by being so goddam poor in the challenge. if a player is not good enough fine...BUT IF A PLAYER SHOWS NO DESIRE!!! then i find it a disgrace for people to defend him.
He got beaten by a winger in a one-on-one with no support, then backtracked and won a last-ditch tackle (running more than anybody, despite having "no desire"), but was only able to poke the ball away and it fell to a player that our defence was not marking. There isn't a winger on our team who would have done more than that - that's not to say he didn't mess up in the initial challenge, but he's not a defender, so what he did do was about as much as we should expect from a winger.

you need to watch the man utd wingers more mate, arshavins poor defending have made you think that thats the norm or something.

you do realise one of the main reason AOC hasnt played much is because of his lack on concentration defensively

Arshavin tracked the run all the way, hes not a defender but he still got a toe on it. Its just unlucky it fell to their striker

AOC has on many occasions left runners completely and he did so against Utd on more than one occasion hes just lucky they didnt score

I vividly remember one time where he literally let Evra run past him and to the 6 yard box for a cut back so if you're gonna criticise one player for something dont spare the other

Ryo hasnt even played an hour of football for us so how you've come to the conclusion hes better is quite hilarious

Park has also barely played again hilarious

however Arshavin does need to go back to Russia, hes clearly lost his passion here
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2