Which team has the ability to outplay Barca?

+17
REWB
Shotta
_LMG_10_
la bestia negra
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Khaled
Swanhends
Le Samourai
Ganso
Harmonica
EarlyPrototype
BarrileteCosmico
che
aleumdance
Lex
Onyx
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca? Empty Which team has the ability to outplay Barca?

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca? Empty Re: Which team has the ability to outplay Barca?

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Swansea

I'm not joking
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca? Empty Re: Which team has the ability to outplay Barca?

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Lex wrote:Swansea

I'm not joking

HE IS NOT LYING
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

<--
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Every Eastern European team does it on a regular basis, it's not that hard, all it takes is confidence that they're beatable and the discipline to pull it off.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Out play? as in more chances? more possession?

a bit vague imo.

More possession? Well Real Madrid is the only team to do it once ever since Guardiola took over and that was in a super cup match so I don't think anyone tbh.

More chances? any of the top 5 in the world.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 pm

to be serious..

if Barcelona plays any top team from Bolivia , Ecuador or Peru

They would lose

Libertadores fans know what I'm talking about

oh and another team that can take Barcelona to school now

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca? Universidad%20de%20chile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:More possession? Well Real Madrid is the only team to do it once ever since Guardiola took over and that was in a super cup match so I don't think anyone tbh.
Madrid didn't outposses Barca, it was 48-52 for Barca in the whole match as I remember.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

aleumdance wrote:to be serious..

if Barcelona plays any top team from Bolivia , Ecuador or Peru

They would lose

Libertadores fans know what I'm talking about

oh and another team that can take Barcelona to school now

Which team has the ability to outplay Barca? Universidad%20de%20chile

:bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Arsenal.................
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

jiopsi wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:More possession? Well Real Madrid is the only team to do it once ever since Guardiola took over and that was in a super cup match so I don't think anyone tbh.
Madrid didn't outposses Barca, it was 48-52 for Barca in the whole match as I remember.

Ok I think it was the first half where that happened and it was still the first time. As I said I don't think any team can have more possession than them.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

we had more possession than barcelona away in the first half last season Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Im not sure whether Swansea would get straight smacked in the mouth or whether they could actually give them a run of it...would be a fantastic match to watch though

When Swansea is in the zone its just Shocked

I really didnt even think they looked at their top level against Arsenal
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

In Guardiola's Era, NO TEAM had more possession than Barca, according to OptaSports [216matches].

Real Betis (4-2) & Valencia (2-1).. the only teams that outplaye Barca in the furst 45minutes at Camp Nou since 08/09.

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

That's actually not true.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

That's actually not true.

I know Jiopsi beat you too it. It must have been the first half I was thinking of.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 pm

you can beat barcelona, but you can't outplay them. Not till xavi is at barca anyways.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Every team with a decent midfield that doesn't know that it's supposed to lose has a decent chance. Real and Bayern both have midfields that could win it for them, sadly Real have already been traumatized and Bayern don't get that chance too often, and hire a sh*t coach every two years.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Every team with a decent midfield that doesn't know that it's supposed to lose has a decent chance. Real and Bayern both have midfields that could win it for them, sadly Real have already been traumatized and Bayern don't get that chance too often, and hire a sh*t coach every two years.
jupp really that bad???
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Valencia
Espanyol
Real Betis
Villarreal (on their day)

None of europe's top sides currently know how to play against Barca effectively. They don't get enough practice against barca. Madrid do, but they forget the basics because of the intense atmosphere during clasicos.

I would say Arsenal, but in 4 showings against Barca, they only played well once. The atmosphere and pressure gets to them as well.

Definately not Inter. I saw some people knee jerking about Inter today because they defeated Milan.

The thing is, parking the bus is NOT the way to go against Barca. This myth has been busted. It worked ONE time, due to many reasons, and it was a 2 legged affair don't forget.

It's been shown time and time again that to beat barca, you gotta take them head on. I would say tactics and mentality play equally important roles.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

No, but LvG kind of was, before him Klinsmann was horrible and so on. They fired Magath even though he was decent, they should've kept Hitzfeld forever anyway and so on.

Who knows how long they'll keep Don Jupp, probably gonna fire him and replace him with Armin Veh or some other nimrod.

I'm saying Bayern often got the players, but seldom the coach, to really outplay a top team.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotta Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 pm

probably gonna fire him and replace him with Armin Veh or some other nimrod.

LOL!!! What a joke. I vote for a long term coach like Fink
Shotta
Shotta
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 pm

That's my point, the Bayern board don't do long term, or else they would've kept Hitzfeld forever.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotta Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 pm

That's true
Shotta
Shotta
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:Valencia
Espanyol
Real Betis
Villarreal (on their day)

None of europe's top sides currently know how to play against Barca effectively. They don't get enough practice against barca. Madrid do, but they forget the basics because of the intense atmosphere during clasicos.

I would say Arsenal, but in 4 showings against Barca, they only played well once. The atmosphere and pressure gets to them as well.

Definately not Inter. I saw some people knee jerking about Inter today because they defeated Milan.

The thing is, parking the bus is NOT the way to go against Barca. This myth has been busted. It worked ONE time, due to many reasons, and it was a 2 legged affair don't forget.

It's been shown time and time again that to beat barca, you gotta take them head on. I would say tactics and mentality play equally important roles.

have to agree with this post
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next