Raptorgunner
Jay29
REWB
Iceman
Nehpets
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is it time to replace Wenger ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is it time to replace Wenger ?

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Imagine we have no CL, and no RVP. It will just get even worse.

don't worry, Our great academy which wenger never plays this boys or give them enough chance would produce a wonder for the future...

poor liam brady does all the work wenger gets the credit

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is it time to replace Wenger ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is it time to replace Wenger ?

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 am

poor liam brady does all the work wenger gets the credit

Wenger's record of picking the right players from our academy is excellent. Let me ask you: how many of the ones we let go are playing for another top flight club? How many that are can we honestly say would be good enough for us? The answer is not many.

Truth is, our academy is just not that good as people say it is.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:53 am

Good Lord, replace Wenger?

We're only in JANUARY, plenty of time to Arsenal to recover from this. Season ain't over by a long shot.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 am

Izzy, this season is done and dusted. Forget the title, we're on a damage limitation mission, to try and salvage a CL spot and some dignity. I haven't seen anything in the last few games to indicate we can accomplish either
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:57 am

Lex wrote:Izzy, this season is done and dusted. Forget the title, we're on a damage limitation mission, to try and salvage a CL spot and some dignity. I haven't seen anything in the last few games to indicate we can accomplish either

By 'recover' I do mean mean secure a CL spot. But some of the things I read here are shocking.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:58 am

We were never in for the title this season, anyway. Top four was always the priority after that United disaster.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 am

We were outplayed by Fulham and now Swansea. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 am

As long as we attain CL spot, everything will be fine, at least to the board and Wenger. I'm personally against sacking the man, would be more honorable thing to see out his contract. I don't see Arsenal win title with Wenger as a manager anymore, it's not due to his ability, more so club situation.

The transition phase post Wenger will be interesting, which coach, which style, fan expectation, board expectation. One thing for sure, only Wenger can do Wenger, try to emulate his style will be difficult. He's in charge of pretty much everything at the club, he spent years to come to this point. The new manager will come with new structure, different responsibilities. Lots of names mentioned, all worthy. Wenger might have major say on future manager matter, knowing him, it might be someone we never heard of, like Stojkovic.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MDGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:43 am

You guys should stop complaining about the team. I have vowed never to criticize wenger again cos you can never win when you criticize a god. You guys say they should not sack him but you complain about the team and some players every single season. Arsenal fans have disappointed me over the years.

REASON: How many mistakes do you need witness before you begin to see?

1. We are not a big club if we continue to think the most important man in the club can never be touched.

2. We are not a big club if we are scared that we will get worse if the most successful coach in our history leaves.

3. We are not a big club if all we do is train players till they become world class then sell them to other teams.

4. We are not a big club if we can't even compete with Newcastle FC in the transfer market. (Hatem Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba etc. Players that will greatly improve our team)

5. Honestly guys, do you still go into any season hoping to win the title or another trophy?

6. Ask yourself, how many times have you seen this ARSENAL DRAMA play itself out season after season?

7. If you are wise enough to do some basic research, you will notice that our strength, quality and competitiveness has faced a sharp decline since 2006. Statistics don't lie.

8. Wenger is god. Don't forget that.

9. Our mentality has been messed with and I am enjoying how frustrated Wenger's strongest advocates are right now. When I used to complain about him some people will say I am not a real fan.

10. Who is a real fan? Someone who looks of one who sees?

11. Who are you to call a fellow Arsenal fan a fake fan? Do fans get compelled or paid to support the club?

12. Please do not forget, Aaron Ramsey is not Arsenal quality. He will grow into a good player but let us face it, if Jack comes back and we get a guy like Goetze, who will relegate to the bench?

13. Wenger is still god.

14. Okay let us blame the board now! Did they call our coach and say these to him:

A. You must retain the services of Squilacci and Fabianski

B. You must continue to believe in Andre Arshavin

C. You must not put Diaby on a PAY as you PLAY contract.

D. You must continue to plan with Gibbs as your key LB

E. You must continue to make substitutions at the stipulated timeline.

F. Nothing is more important to us than a top four finish.

I can write about Arsenal for life. I never get tired but right now, I need to grab some coffee. lol! I love Arsenal guys! It is my life! UP GOOONERSSSS!!! If you are an Arsenal fan that follows people on Twitter, please follow me @MDGunner, I will follow back! 1 Arsenal, 1 Family, 1 love. Very Happy

MDGunner
Prospect
Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/MDGunner

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:24 am

not sure if drunk...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 am

@RealGunner drunk? How do you mean? Well I don't take alcohol bruv. Thanks.

MDGunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MDGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 am

I have promised myself never to insult any Arsenal fan again.

MDGunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 am

If you take the lead at Blackburn, Fulham + Swansea, and lose all 3 games conceding 9 goals in the process, you have big problems.

And they are year after year after year not addressed.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 am

Sushi Master wrote:Panic buying?

Arteta: Starter from day 1, solid player who keeps our midfield ticking. Hard worker, very complete player.
Average player from an average EPL team 3 goals 1 assist and dont forget the only reason we were able to get him is because Cesc called him.

Mertesacker: Pretty much eliminated our set piece defendind. Has some problems, sure, but was pushed right into the starting 11 from day 1. Has adapted faster than any other CB we've had, bar Vermaelen.

Benayoun: Good bench player, has actually scored winning goals and is only a loan, anyways.

Has he been bad no not really. Should anyone really be happy about getting a player that is a reject from Chelsea? If he is not good enough for them why is he good enough for us.

Santos: Started off shakily, but then let his strengths be known. Assists, goals, raping left flanks and helping van Persie out a lot in scoring.

Assists, goals raping who? 2 goals 0 assists. Slow and a liability in defense. Did not like it when we got him and still do not. He is an average player from a below average team in a lower league than the EPL.

Gervinho: I know people here have mixed feelings, but I personally love his dribbling and is an extremely annoying player to mark. Also helps out VP with the goals.

Dribbling is great and started off being hard to mark. After everyone realized that he would just lose possesion in the final 3rd not so hard anymore. 4 goals 6 assists

Park: Ok, more of a PR buy but still better than Chamakh.

Said it when we bought him and will say it again. He was the best player on the worst team that got relegated. Was it marketing? Who cares should have bought quality.

Campbell, Ox, Jenkinson were all youth talents expected to be slowly integrated into the team, but due to the injury crisis we've had to use them ahead of time. Not their fault at all.

I understand you are probably expecting heavier guys, superstars and the like, but please. All were sencible buys.

The board frakked up selling Nasri and Fabregas so late in the transfer window, I'll conceed that.

Nasari publicly said at the beginning of the summer that he was going to wait on contract talks to see what ambition AFC were going to show. So we sold Clichy and bought a few kids. If Wenger did not know he was not going to sing a new contract he is the only one. There was also reports that Cesc and Wenger had come to an understanding the previous summer that Cesc was going to leave this past summer. Now if we had won something last year that might have changed his mind. If the reports are true, Wenger had over a year to find a replacement and he chose not to. So yes these were panic buys in my opinion.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehpets Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 am

It may not be Wengers fault about the selection against swansea yesterday due to injuries limiting his options and you may be right. However the team wenger picked yesterday still had more quality than swanseas team and we lost. To me that has to say tactically Wenger got it wrong. I think its pretty obviose he did because our midfield was destroyed by SWANSEA who didnt allow us to play by using the one trait which arsenal have had for years which is the " if you close us down we cant pass " weakness. I also think we played the wrong formation but thats something else.

But importantly this is not about yesterday its about the last 3 or 4 years as a whole. The facts are wenger has the entire club built around him exacly how he wants it which is fine. But with all these resources and i can assure you MONEY he hasent delievered over the same period. Another manager in this situation would of got fired by now. The only reason he hasent is because of his past successes. Im not calling for him to be fired or for him to be booed just for people to realise he isnt doing well and to perhaps wise up a bit.

I hope he can change because i appreciate Wenger and i like him but he is just so stubborn i cant imagine him changing at all.

Nehpets
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am

if wenger goes, the next manager has to be jurgen klopp
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

who the hell neg rep that? have you not seen what this guy has done with dortmund? their pressing is the closing thing i have seen to barca. they demonstrated it when we faced them, brilliant manager.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
MDGunner wrote:Wenger is god! Let him be. He will never get questioned at the Emirates!
MDGunner? What's MJ going to say?
D:

Heart It's all good Heart
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 pm

This is almost as bad as the Juve section after Marchisio scores
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Its time to get my life on track and stop acting like a hopeless fanboy in front of my wife and family.

Goodluck to Wenger, the board and the players... they have bigger things to do than worrying about the fans.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm

MDGunner wrote:@RealGunner drunk? How do you mean? Well I don't take alcohol bruv. Thanks.

lol was joking

in all honesty, are u pro wenger or just sarcasm ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Wenger is not going to go. Its not his fault that he has to work with didly squat. Its the investment that we are lacking in, not a capeable manager. Its no coincident that we use to compete and WIN trophies, when the spending gap between us and the rest of the "bigger teams" were indifferent.

A managers job is it Find the talent (that wenger does)
His job is to motivate players (which he does aswell)
He is to Devise winning strategies (which he does, given that we always make...made the top 4)
Hell he is the reason, why players even choose to come/stay at the club.

No other manager would have the PATIENCE to work with out stingy ass board. We are asking Wenger to buy us a Ferrari, with the a Fiat money.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Wenger is not going to go. Its not his fault that he has to work with didly squat. Its the investment that we are lacking in, not a capeable manager. Its no coincident that we use to compete and WIN trophies, when the spending gap between us and the rest of the "bigger teams" were indifferent.

A managers job is it Find the talent (that wenger does)
His job is to motivate players (which he does aswell)
He is to Devise winning strategies (which he does, given that we always make...made the top 4)
Hell he is the reason, why players even choose to come/stay at the club.

No other manager would have the PATIENCE to work with out stingy ass board. We are asking Wenger to buy us a Ferrari, with the a Fiat money.

He has the money he even said so himself but he will only buy outstanding quality like Chamack, Chu young,Benayoun
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

He doesn't have the money... He DOES NOT own the club.

and I am pretty sure he has bought a lot of other players which you failed to mention ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

He always says we are minted then he signs chu young and Benayoon :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 pm

highburied wrote:Its time to get my life on track and stop acting like a hopeless fanboy in front of my wife and family.

Goodluck to Wenger, the board and the players... they have bigger things to do than worrying about the fans.
Wait, what?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next