Valkyrja
rwo power
justdoit_
Albiceleste
Ganso
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Germany's back 4 Empty How highly do you rate Germany's back 4

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Lahm-Mertesacker-Hummels-Boateng (I think thats the back 4,German fans can correct it)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Germany's back 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Germany's back 4

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Boateng and Merte are somewhat weak links compared to Hummels and Lahm but it's still a solid back 4, and I imagine in the future Benedikt Höwedes will partner Hummels and will probably make a world class CB partnership for the World Cup.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Germany's back 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Germany's back 4

Post by justdoit_ Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 pm

They have a young beast in every position except fullback and striker.

justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Badstuber is usually a starter, not Hummels.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 am

Hummles is your best frigin CB how does he not start? :fuuuuu:

Last edited by Ganso on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 am

In my opinion it should be Lahm-Hummels-Howedes-Schmelzer...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 am

Actually, Badstuber is usually better than Hummels in international matches (NT and CL), Hummels ist often better in the BL. Löw rates Badstuber higher than Hummels as Badstuber is better in passing and opening of a game.

BTW, you might want to take a look at this thread: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t751-28-holger-badstuber-official-player-thread - interestingly even kicker.de voted him as Germany's CB number one atm.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotta Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:08 am

Boateng - Hoewedes - Badstuber - Lahm

Badstuber needs a solid CB partnership. He fails with van Buyten while he shines with Boateng. But Boateng must play RB for Germany and for Bayern when Hoewedes joins.
Shotta
Shotta
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 am

Well, I think Badstuber should work nicely with Höwedes. I'm curious if Bayern really get Höwedes in Summer - if yes, they'd have the full German defense bar Hummels & Schmelzer.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

higher than tarazan and his back four smoking
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 am

Hummels will definitely be a starter at the Euros.....I see Badstuber partnering him after Mertesackers pace almost costs them the first match. Lahm is world class, but im not so sold on Boateng as a full back....Howedes will be the future, and a beast off the bench if needed
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 am

I only rate this back 4 for now:

Boateng----Höwedes---Hummels---Lahm

From 1-10, I'd rate them as 7 because they didn't play often enough together. BADstuber and Merte aren't anything near as fast or strong as these guys eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

babun1024 wrote:I only rate this back 4 for now:

Boateng----Höwedes---Hummels---Lahm

From 1-10, I'd rate them as 7 because they didn't play often enough together. BADstuber and Merte aren't anything near as fast or strong as these guys eco smile
Well, these are the top speeds of the BL CBs in 2011/2012 from Bundesliga.de:

Vorsah: 34,6 km/h
Höwedes: 33,7 km/h
Boateng: 32,9 km/h
Hummels: 32,7 km/h
Badstuber: 32,6 km/h
van Buyten: 32,2 km/h
Wollscheid: 31,9 km/h

Boateng, Hummels and Badstuber are not so far apart speed-wise, only Höwedes is a bit faster, but so far he lacks NT experience.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 am

I want this back four:

Boateng Höwedes Hummels Lahm

Though I can't decide which CB, Höwedes or Boateng, should play RB, but they're both better than our RBs.

And it's potentially a WC back four, they just need practice, practice, practice. Currently I'd say the back 4 are definitely Germany's weak link.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 am

one question?

How is the BIG FVCKING GERMAN, rated in Germany by Germans?

we love him here at Arsenal Smile

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:33 am

I love the Mertesacker, and he should probably still play in the Euros, but the future belongs to two of Boateng, Höwedes and Hummels.
Plus Badstuber because Löw loves the sucker.

But Mertesacker is hugely underrated just because he isn't pacey, his technique and positioning are purely world class, and his tackling is clean as hell, he never gets booked, which is impressive for a slow CB.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I love the Mertesacker, and he should probably still play in the Euros, but the future belongs to two of Boateng, Höwedes and Hummels.

But Mertesacker is hugely underrated just because he isn't pacey, his technique and positioning are purely world class, and his tackling is clean as hell, he never gets booked, which is impressive for a slow CB.

lol after his first 5 games some Arsenal fans on ESPN were calling him "German GPS"..

I really hope he can make euros though
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:39 am

aleumdance wrote:lol after his first 5 games some Arsenal fans on ESPN were calling him "German GPS"..

TBH I don't get it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:42 am

"German GPS"? I like that Very Happy

Frankly, I don't envy Löw the task to choose just 23 players of the large number he has.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:44 am

They have more depth in defense then any other international team and quality too.

Brazil's first choice defense looks good on paper.

Talking about Spain ,now that Ramos has been moved to CB position their fullbacks dont exactly look that convincing to me atleast on paper.Remains to be seen if Ramos plays CB or RB for Euros.That'll also mean one of Puyol or Pique will be left out,most likely Puyol.

Hypothetically speaking ,if we consider Ramos as a RB and a back four of Ramos-Pique-Puyol-Alba ,i rate Spain's higher than Germany's backline and there's a lot of experience in there too.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:45 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
aleumdance wrote:lol after his first 5 games some Arsenal fans on ESPN were calling him "German GPS"..

TBH I don't get it.

his positioning mate, its GOLDEN..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I love the Mertesacker, and he should probably still play in the Euros, but the future belongs to two of Boateng, Höwedes and Hummels.
Actually Löw is not alone there. Tiger Gerland, Ralf Rangnick, LVG and Jupp Heynckes rate him highly, too. Plus the kicker.de editors. And the fans in the spox.com vote, who see Hummels and Badstuber as their favoured CB pairing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:54 am

Don't get me wrong, rwo, I love me some 'Stuber, I think he's underrated.

I just prefer Höwedes, Boateng and Hummels because of their style.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 am

Okay, if it is just a style preference, I will give you that Very Happy

In any case, I guess we can be happy to have such a number of classy youngsters in these positions. After all, they certainly haven't reached their peaks yet.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 am

Of course they haven't, even Mertesacker is still young for a defender. So is Lahm. They'll hit prime at around 28, we can be lucky if Hummels, Höwedes, Boateng and Badstuber get, at least, less shaky by 23 to 24.

They're all really young and inexperienced, but they all have the technique and physicality needed to be world class one day, though so far Bundesliga-Hummels has been the closest to actually playing at WC level, though we've seen Boateng be genius at CB at the U21 Euros, which I'll never forget, and Höwedes has been Schalkes only consistently good player besides Raul and Neuer last season.

They're getting there. And Badstuber has his moments, as well as his distribution and decent free kicks.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next