Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

9 goals in 2 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 goals in 2 games

Post by Aensensen Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am

Sushi Master wrote:There is no best league, they should all be loved equally Heart

SushiMaster, mate, PLEASE let me use this line as a signature, PLEASE!
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Haters gotta hate Eman
Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:22 am

Aensensen wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:There is no best league, they should all be loved equally Heart

Sure man, no problem.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

Sure man, no problem.
tnx man
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:09 am

serie a

when lot of goals scored- best offensive league in the world, defensive tactical league a myth

when not many goals scored or talking about defenses - serie a , very very difficult to score, all teams have great defenses and tactics

this always confuses me
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:17 am

diptiman wrote:serie a

when lot of goals scored- best offensive league in the world, defensive tactical league a myth

when not many goals scored or talking about defenses - serie a , very very difficult to score, all teams have great defenses and tactics

this always confuses me

la liga

when one of the duopoly win big - real madrid and barca best of all time, would do it in any league

when one of the duopoly don't get the three points - la liga is competitive, small teams are good enough to take points.

this always confuses me
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 am

mr.galliani wrote:

this always confuses me

la liga

when one of the duopoly win big - real madrid and barca best of all time, would do it in any league

when one of the duopoly don't get the three points - la liga is competitive, small teams are good enough to take points.

this always confuses me

small teams dont take points, their shirt sponsors do it..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 am

this always confuses me

It is not "difficult" to score, there are some great attacking players in Serie A, and no defenders are immune to mistakes. It is just more difficult to score compared to the EPL or La Liga, where teams get absolutely pummelled to the tune of 4-0 or more each week. In Serie A, even most of the small teams have good quality defenders. As it happens, there were some 4-0 results this week in Serie A, however, this is quite rare. In any case, it is not always the big teams crushing the small... few would have predicted Siena to blitz Lazio 4-0 this week. It is this sense of unpredictability that also adds to the excitement of watching the league, each week there are guaranteed to be 2-3 upset results at least.

To me, Serie A is like a war of attrition between all of the teams, jostling for position and battling hard each game, adapting to the challenges of the opposition each week, using grit, determination and technical brilliance.

La Liga is like a World Rally Championship time-trial between Loeb and Gronholm (two great drivers), with everybody watching to see who picks up a puncture (Getafe, Levante, Espanyol) first.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 am

LA LIGA VERSUS THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Great article like always Guillem. I know you have said previously that La Liga is better than the Premier League, but how you can think that I find rather strange. Yes, no team other than Chelsea or Man United have won it since 2004, but teams such as Arsenal and now Manchester City and even Liverpool have much more of a realistic chance of finishing first than Valencia, Atletico and Sevilla have in La Liga. Therefore, how on earth can you believe that La Liga is stronger when Real Madrid and Barcelona are so far ahead of the chasing pack that it's embarrassing. Barcelona finished 34 points above fourth last year whereas in the Premier League the difference between first and fourth was only 12 points so to believe that La Liga is stronger is, in my eyes, delusional. Craig Phipps (Cardiff City fan)

GUILLEM SAYS: What do you mean by "a realistic chance of finishing first"? That's an opinion, whereas the statistics cannot lie and since 2004, La Liga and the Premier League have each had the same number of league winners.

I'd suggest a better way of finding out how good the two leagues are is to look at the Champions League where the two clubs compete. If you look at the results of direct encounters between Spanish teams and English teams in the last five years, or even the last 10 years, then the La Liga teams have won more often. If you turned those results into a league then Spanish teams would win it.

Also, have a look at the number of teams from each country that have qualified for the Champions League in the last 10 years.

SPAIN: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Villarreal, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Osasuna, Real Betis, Deportivo, Celta Vigo (10 teams)

ENGLAND: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Everton, Newcastle (8 teams)

Plus the fact that practically all of the World Cup winners play in La Liga makes it very strong.

What I would say is that there's no way I can convince people in England that La Liga is stronger because you are brought up in a different way of playing football. It's a different culture and even though teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and even Swansea are trying to change that by playing a different brand of football with more possession, I think fans remain very impatient when the football is not direct. In Spain, we find it annoying when a player cannot pass the ball or if they are not accurate with their first touch and in the same way, English fans find slow build-up play frustrating.

I would not say somebody is delusional with so much assurance. I think you have to argue your viewpoint with evidence - and I can give you as many reasons to defend La Liga as I can give you to defend the Premier League. They are both very powerful leagues, but I would point to the draw between Real Sociedad and Barcelona and the win for Levante over Real Madrid, and the fact that Real Betis and Valencia are currently top of the league as evidence that the Spanish league is much more competitive than people want to admit in certain quarters in England.

----

From Guillem Balague :coffee:

La Liga > EPL
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:15 pm

omarish wrote:LA LIGA VERSUS THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Great article like always Guillem. I know you have said previously that La Liga is better than the Premier League, but how you can think that I find rather strange. Yes, no team other than Chelsea or Man United have won it since 2004, but teams such as Arsenal and now Manchester City and even Liverpool have much more of a realistic chance of finishing first than Valencia, Atletico and Sevilla have in La Liga. Therefore, how on earth can you believe that La Liga is stronger when Real Madrid and Barcelona are so far ahead of the chasing pack that it's embarrassing. Barcelona finished 34 points above fourth last year whereas in the Premier League the difference between first and fourth was only 12 points so to believe that La Liga is stronger is, in my eyes, delusional. Craig Phipps (Cardiff City fan)

GUILLEM SAYS: What do you mean by "a realistic chance of finishing first"? That's an opinion, whereas the statistics cannot lie and since 2004, La Liga and the Premier League have each had the same number of league winners.

I'd suggest a better way of finding out how good the two leagues are is to look at the Champions League where the two clubs compete. If you look at the results of direct encounters between Spanish teams and English teams in the last five years, or even the last 10 years, then the La Liga teams have won more often. If you turned those results into a league then Spanish teams would win it.

Also, have a look at the number of teams from each country that have qualified for the Champions League in the last 10 years.

SPAIN: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Villarreal, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Osasuna, Real Betis, Deportivo, Celta Vigo (10 teams)

ENGLAND: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Everton, Newcastle (8 teams)

Plus the fact that practically all of the World Cup winners play in La Liga makes it very strong.

What I would say is that there's no way I can convince people in England that La Liga is stronger because you are brought up in a different way of playing football. It's a different culture and even though teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and even Swansea are trying to change that by playing a different brand of football with more possession, I think fans remain very impatient when the football is not direct. In Spain, we find it annoying when a player cannot pass the ball or if they are not accurate with their first touch and in the same way, English fans find slow build-up play frustrating.

I would not say somebody is delusional with so much assurance. I think you have to argue your viewpoint with evidence - and I can give you as many reasons to defend La Liga as I can give you to defend the Premier League. They are both very powerful leagues, but I would point to the draw between Real Sociedad and Barcelona and the win for Levante over Real Madrid, and the fact that Real Betis and Valencia are currently top of the league as evidence that the Spanish league is much more competitive than people want to admit in certain quarters in England.

----

From Guillem Balague :coffee:

La Liga > EPL

this going to be my standard first response in any thread about bpl vs la liga from now..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2