Gil
windkick
El Chelsea Fuerte
Lex
Dnmac4
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh? - Page 2 Empty Re: De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh?

Post by REWB Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm

izzy26 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
windkick wrote:They are both mediocare

when de gea was in laliga, i bet you weren't calling him mediocre was you? he is still a great shot stopper however in the epl you are tested on your overall goalkeeping ability much more often than in laliga. de gea needs to gain more muscle and get use to the high balls, which he will in time.

Honestly, should watch Atleti more often to see why De Gea is rated.

well i cant watch him there now can i? why dont you just tell me why he was rated then?

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh? - Page 2 Empty Re: De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh?

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 pm

The blame is on SAF

Benched him for Lindergaard and completly ruined his confidence

I still don't think he has been bad considiring Man U has the most shots against them aswell
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm

[rwomode]

21 years old? Pfft.

Bernd Leno (Leverkusen). 19 years old.
Ter Stegen (Monchengladbach) 19 years old.
Robert Zieler (Hannover) 22 years old.

All starting for their clubs, week in, week out. Age ain't an excuse considering Chesney's 21, Krul 23 and they are all starting in clubs with weaker defenses and in top leagues.

De Gea's currently shit, end of.

[/rwomode]
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 pm

De Gea was excellent for Atletico. I saw him in action plenty of times and considered probably the best goalkeeping talent around. I actually thought United had done some great business buying him.

It's not worked out for him so far, but people forget how young he is and how young players can struggle to adapt to new environments and new styles of play, as well the pressure of playing for such a big club. Guys like Szczesny, Krul, ter Stegen, et al have all been at the same club for several years now. They're used to the environment they're in.

His confidence probably isn't too high at the moment, either, because Fergie keeps taking him out the side, then putting him back, then out again. It shows that Fergie doesn't have complete faith in De Gea.

Man Utd need to keep faith with him because he'll improve with time. He's not been helped by United having a different backline almost every game, and he was at one point the reason why United weren't conceding so many goals at the start of the season.

Of course, a lot depends on De Gea, too, and how he deals with the setbacks and pressures of his position.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:44 pm

De Gea is class, in Atleti he was performing well, so I suppose it's just a matter of time. Or maybe he isnt 'PL suited'.

Still, giving him a label as Iker's successor isnt really helping him much. I mean, Casillas is like top 3 all time, Im sure De Gea will have a shot at replacing him but I dont really see him reaching Iker's level.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:[rwomode]

21 years old? Pfft.

All starting for their clubs, week in, week out. Age ain't an excuse considering Chesney's 21, Krul 23 and they are all starting in clubs with weaker defenses and in top leagues.

[/rwomode]
De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh? - Page 2 Roflsmiley

Nawww. De Gea was removed from his home into a big, strange league. Cut the boy a little slack. The talent is there, he just has to adjust and I'm sure he can perform again if the coach doesn't let him fall and supports him instead.

Look at Thomas Kraft and Michael Rensing - they weren't given enough time at Bayern either. Now that they are at Hertha and Köln, respectively, they show what they actually can do, too. I just fear that ManUtd will not have the time to allow de Gea some mistakes in the beginning either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah, agreed. Nevermind having to fill in the huge space of Kahn, or Van der Sar in De Gea's case.

I'm not sure why the hell he's rotated so much. If you want a stable position it's in goalkeeping, because the goalkeeper isn't just there to shot stop, but to organize the defense and keep their asses in check. Probably why Jones and all the other kids are stuttering, there's a complete lack of coherency.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Everyone thinks De Gea is shit......personally I think he's the most tralented goalkeeper out there.....ever since the under -17 eorld cup that Spain lost to Nigeria.

Simple case of kneejerk.......look back to Nemanja Vidic's first 6 months in the premier leauge and you will see the error in your reasoning..........he was utter garbage.......now he is undeniably the best.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:56 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:All three goals were unkeepable, De Gea would've done just worse. Lindegaard is way better than De Gea.

Based on what? The 8 games you have seen him play against bad competition?

Let me guess you don't watch La Liga and have never seen De Gea play before this year??

That is the only way someone could type the post you just did.

How are Benfica, Sunderland, Fulham, Denmark and Portugal bad competition, while De Gea flopped in almost all games he played this half season. Lindegaard is just better suited in the EPL than De Gea, and he's proving it every game he's playing. Maybe De Gea will become better I don't know, but atm it is so.

Yes, that is not great competition and certainly doesn't even compare to the teams De Gea has plyed brilliantly against in his career. If that is your list of teams to prove that Lindegaard is better then De Gea then you know nothing about football.

Lets take a look at the EPL shall we?

De Gea has had clean sheets against Spurs, Bolton, Everton, Swansea, and QPR. While he has held Brom, Chelsea, Stoke, Liverpool, Newcastle (Lindegaard just shipped 3) and Wolves to 1 goal.

So out of 14 EPL games that he has started in 11 of them he has let in 0 or 1 goal. That's terrible isn't it????

In the EPl he has played against Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Stoke, Man City, Everton plus some of the smaller teams. That is pretty much every big/good team in the EPL.

While Lindegaard had his streak against the giants of Norwhich, Sunderland (w/o O'Neil), Villa, Fulham, Wigan and then when he played one team with a pulse Newcastle he shipped 3 goals.

Look at the numbers before you kill De Gea for no reason and make you look like you have no clue what your talking about.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

I've always stood by De Gea, I'm confident he will be himself next season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:01 am

Sushi Master wrote:Yeah, agreed. Nevermind having to fill in the huge space of Kahn, or Van der Sar in De Gea's case.

I'm not sure why the hell he's rotated so much. If you want a stable position it's in goalkeeping, because the goalkeeper isn't just there to shot stop, but to organize the defense and keep their asses in check. Probably why Jones and all the other kids are stuttering, there's a complete lack of coherency.

I'm sure that SAF is actually afraid that ManUtd might mess up the league, too, after getting kicked out of the CL. I think he is under quite some pressure atm as his million Euro signing just doesn't perform the way he envisioned, and it looks as if he is getting cold feet, putting even more pressure on de Gea to finally perform. Then he reconsiders and puts Lindegaard in, maybe as he is more experienced and to remove pressure from de Gea, just making things worse instead, especially as people will likely ask why the heck he paid so much for that Spanish kid.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 am

Speaking of Iker, does anyone remember his early days?

Disastrous before that Leverkusen game in 2002, won and lost his place from Cesar Sanchez because of his errors.

Imagine if people discarded Iker like people seem to want to with De Gea now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 am

Smile For the people who don't know "that Leverkuzen game" was the Champions Leauge Final and he had to come on, not start.He was 19 at the time Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 am

De Gae will prove his doubters wrong

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 am

Sushi Master wrote:[rwomode]

21 years old? Pfft.

[/rwomode]

This is just wrong. It's all about perspective see the thread I just posted to look at De Gea's numbers in the EPl and you will see he is not anywhere close to "shit" as you say.

In fact I do not want Arsenal fans to take this the wrong way and I didn't post it at the time because I am fair and don't like when the media does it to De Gea.

But the last two games that Arsenal dropped points in Chesney (who you just used as an example) cost them the goals that dropped the points if your judging him as hard as you do De Gea. He had a shot deflect off of him that he could have smothered lead to the tie against Wolves and he almost whiffed on a cross against Fulham that didn't clear and lead to there goal.

If De Gea had done that he would have been roasted by the media and certain posters on this site.

And please note that Chesney is not the reason Arsenal dropped points in those games and thats why I never brought it up but when De Gea does something very similar against Blackburn we get threads with people killing him and the media crushing him, it's not right.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:16 am

@dnmac4
Ummm... Sushi was just making fun De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh? - Page 2 Roflsmiley
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 am

@Dmac- your latest threads can be answered like this.

"The world is not fair and some random Internet poster will not bring equilibrium.Live it easy."

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 am

ragbirjosh wrote:@Dmac- your latest threads can be answered like this.

"The world is not fair and some random Internet poster will not bring equilibrium.Live it easy."

I wasn't looking for an answer and if I was I will make sure to ask you in the future since you seem to know so much.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:20 am

rwo power wrote:@dnmac4
Ummm... Sushi was just making fun De Gea's not so bad anymore, huh? - Page 2 Roflsmiley

OH OK, I don't know what RWO mode is so take the post as a general post and not slamming Sushi which I don't think the post ever did in the first place.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 am

Well, he was making fun of me a bit as I love to point out the coolness of certain German GK youngsters. And I guess if you follow quite some of the posts here in the thread, most people (including me) seem to agree that de Gea is quite a talent and just needs more time and be sure that he is trusted by his coach to gain confidence.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 am

rwo power wrote:Well, he was making fun of me a bit as I love to point out the coolness of certain German GK youngsters. And I guess if you follow quite some of the posts here in the thread, most people (including me) seem to agree that de Gea is quite a talent and just needs more time and be sure that he is trusted by his coach to gain confidence.

OK, fair enough
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

De gea gets nutmegged so much. he'll grow stronger and become more confident in his box so his corner errors will become nearly non existant but still i dont see how hes too incredible aside from that although hes super young.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 am

if you guys say de gea is class and will be good someday, fine, but he's been pretty poor so far and denying that is just foolish.

fact is, fergie paid nearly 20m for him and started him in goal right away. you can talk all that "it's a buy for the future" stuff all you want, but given those conditions he's expected to produce and he hasn't.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am

No, thats not true at all.

De Gea price isnt just how good he is now and what he can do now, its about what he can do over time.

This reminds me of Benzema in his first season. Tons of people, even some Madrid fans saying how much of a waste of money he is.

I replied, he wasnt signed for just 1 season nor just how good he is now. Its about what he will become and for how long he will be great.

Look at Benz now.

If you asked SAF, he would tell you im sure, his price isnt for him to produce now, its more his potential. Its common sense really.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:28 am

The Franchise wrote:No, thats not true at all.

De Gea price isnt just how good he is now and what he can do now, its about what he can do over time.

This reminds me of Benzema in his first season. Tons of people, even some Madrid fans saying how much of a waste of money he is.

I replied, he wasnt signed for just 1 season nor just how good he is now. Its about what he will become and for how long he will be great.

Look at Benz now.

If you asked SAF, he would tell you im sure, his price isnt for him to produce now, its more his potential. Its common sense really.

excellent point, i have no doubt he is going to become the best Spanish GK in a few years, he is simply too talented.

Changing countries, he lost his balance and his adaptation wasnt very successful. Given the pressure he plays under, things can easily spiral out of control.

I am sure that by next season, he will be much improved. Not sure i agree with SAF rotating keepers tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 am

Look at Alex Oxdale Chamberlin....(I hate doing this) but he was signed for !5 million pounds(with add ons)...and he hasn't played 5 matches this season..........he hasn't been bad but it's not like he's had any sort of discernable immediate impact.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum