the xcx
Mr Nick09
Lex
El Chelsea Fuerte
Khaled
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is currently better & why ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is currently better & why ?

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm

free_cat wrote:Bundesliga is a minor league. Contributions made by players like Gomez or Huntelaar, which would be no better than Llorente in la Liga or Andy Carroll in the PL, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Really I'd like to see villa or hell even messi or ronaldo walk day in day out against young world class goalkeepers

la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who is currently better & why ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is currently better & why ?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:15 pm

free_cat wrote:Bundesliga is a minor league. Contributions made by players like Gomez or Huntelaar, which would be no better than Llorente in la Liga or Andy Carroll in the PL, should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Put any good striker playing for a big club in Bilbao, and he's not going to look as good. Llorente is class, so I dunno why he's being compared to Carroll.

Don't know what's worse, your complete lack of logic or the fact that you probably don't even watch Bundesliga, yet are somehow rating it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Because of Huntelaar's recent form my view of Gomez's amazing statistics has been diluted.I don't rate him as higly as I did before.Say what you will about that particular value judgement but I mean it's how I see it.

Nione of us sit here and call Suarez the best striker in the world because he scored 43 goals in Ederevise........and Huntellar is repeating his Ederevise form in Germany......so I dunno...
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Are Madrid fans seriously underrating Bundesliga talent, when Oezil and Khedira pretty much slotted into their first team from day one? Laughing Are Bundesliga teams frequently underrated, yet while they have been punching above their weight for years, earning a 4th CL spot?

Can't players regain form, or make bad decisions, or just have plain bad luck? Hunterlaar isn't as bad as you make him out to be.

Suarez is never going to score 43 goals in the PL, but anyone would point out how he has torn apart numerous defenses.

If you're really good, you shine anywhere.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Lol Huntelaar didn't just regain form just like that I refuse to believe that lol.The guy burnt out in Millan and Real with better service than i assume he's getting at Schalke and all of a sudden he's scoring a goal a game? Shocked banana

Maybe I underrate them......but I don't think Gomez would repeat his stats in La liga....even at Real......he misses chances like everyone else.

The 4th CL spot is a cheap shot.....everyone knows the 4th best team in Italy would offer more competition than the 4th best team in Germany.....I'll straight up call that a fact.

Ozil and Khedira? hmm no response lol although I do think it's quite different.Suarez looks just as creative at livepool as hid did at Ajax for example....but his goal scoring has been quartered.That's a weak response.

Note:All this is in preparation for Goallegacy best striker 2011. Vote Kraim Benzema
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 am

Sushi Master wrote:Are Madrid fans seriously underrating Bundesliga talent, when Oezil and Khedira pretty much slotted into their first team from day one? Laughing Are Bundesliga teams frequently underrated, yet while they have been punching above their weight for years, earning a 4th CL spot?

Can't players regain form, or make bad decisions, or just have plain bad luck? Hunterlaar isn't as bad as you make him out to be.

Suarez is never going to score 43 goals in the PL, but anyone would point out how he has torn apart numerous defenses.

If you're really good, you shine anywhere.

claudio pizarro star of bremen ,flop at chelseA?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 am

He barely got any playing time, nevermind going against an in form Drogba. I could name plenty of class players who have flopped in x league. Doesn't mean they are bad. I was talking mainly the really good ones. Pizzarro is good but nothing standout.

There is delicious irony here, Madrid filled with ex-Bundesliga stars in Oezil, Khedira and now Sahin, yet at the same time not rating the Bundesliga.

But hey, I guess players are only rated once they join Madrid, right? Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 am

Sushi Master wrote:He barely got any playing time, nevermind going against an in form Drogba. I could name plenty of class players who have flopped in x league. Doesn't mean they are bad. I was talking mainly the really good ones. Pizzarro is good but nothing standout.

There is delicious irony here, Madrid filled with ex-Bundesliga stars in Oezil, Khedira and now Sahin, yet at the same time not rating the Bundesliga.

no?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 am

Sushi Master wrote:He barely got any playing time, nevermind going against an in form Drogba. I could name plenty of class players who have flopped in x league. Doesn't mean they are bad. I was talking mainly the really good ones. Pizzarro is good but nothing standout.

actually yeahh
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 am

Hey I didn't say I didn't rate him you know......I didn't say whatever he did means nothing........I just said that I took into account a factor which led me to look upon his amazing statistics a bit differently.....ie not really Knocked off my seat by them.

I rated all but Khedira long before.....that's mainly because I didn't even Know Khedira existed lol.

For me it's not about the flopping, Huntellar enjoys a certain comfort level in Bendesliga similar to that he enjoyed in Ederevise...so it leads me to believe life is a bit easier for strikers in Germany.

It's not like I'm saying Gomez wouldn't score 10 goals in La liga or etc.....I'm not saying that....I'm saying it would be more of a challenge and maybe he would have to do alot of stuff differently......maybe he would adapt well and score even more goals who knows.

Bundesliga seems to be a pretty comfortable place for strikers tho.....you may call that an ignorant statement or what not.....heck Dzeko and Klose have enjoyed sucess elsewhere......It's just an opinion....

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Put any good striker playing for a big club in Bilbao, and he's not going to look as good. Llorente is class, so I dunno why he's being compared to Carroll.

Don't know what's worse, your complete lack of logic or the fact that you probably don't even watch Bundesliga, yet are somehow rating it.

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense at all. I'm not comparing Llorente to Carroll. I was comparing Gomez to Llorente or Carroll.

And no, I barely watch Bundesliga. And I don't really need to, to rate the league. I have enough watching German teams being destroyed in CL year after year (except Bayern one every X CL).

If Bayern doesn't win Bundesliga, the are 6-7 contenders, each of them equally mediocre. To sum up, Bundesliga is the league of mediocrity, except Bayern (when Bayern are good).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:38 pm

in last 4 years nobody was better than messi at stats. so it means he is better than anyone? not right way to compare players
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Benzema is better than all.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum