tehcpeng
BiasedMilanFan3
Potential
65 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal

Post by tonger Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm

aleumdance wrote: arsenal gets any more injuries, this might get ugly as they really have no depth

i was on another ac milan forum and they seem to fear Walcott more than RVP..

now if only EPL fans would just try and respect theo now[/quote]

well tbf, my fear for walcott is added by the fact that we'll prob field seedorf and zamb/antonini on the left side.... and since seedorf and zamb got no legs anymore, antonini cant defend 9/10 games..... walcott is just gonna run us out.

how i wish we had 2 abate for fullbacks right now

tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

While this is the only thing even remotely close to a good match in the last 16, it's still a no-brainer IMO. We'll destroy them. Calling it now Smile.

Last edited by ACMRox on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:21 pm

We SHOULD comfortably win this game. The only things that could potentially stop us are really bad luck during the games or lots of key injuries. Both happened against Tottenham, so I'm not ruling either out. Nesilva has to be together and Abate, Boateng, Abbiati and at least 2 of our strikers have to be fully fit for these games.

If we win this will be so sweet, I know heaps of Arsenal supporters. Razz

I don't think Arsenal's midfield is any stronger than ours, their strikers are not firing, apart from RvP, their back-line is quite frankly a train-wreck and all of their goalkeepers are prone to making horrible mistakes.

Perhaps we should get in for Podolski, especially since if we don't get him, Arsenal might.

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:We SHOULD comfortably win this game. The only things that could potentially stop us are really bad luck during the games or lots of key injuries. Both happened against Tottenham, so I'm not ruling either out. Nesilva has to be together and Abate, Boateng, Abbiati and at least 2 of our strikers have to be fully fit for these games.

If we win this will be so sweet, I know heaps of Arsenal supporters. Razz

I don't think Arsenal's midfield is any stronger than ours, their strikers are not firing, apart from RvP, their back-line is quite frankly a train-wreck and all of their goalkeepers are prone to making horrible mistakes.

Perhaps we should get in for Podolski, especially since if we don't get him, Arsenal might.

oh man, it was be so epic if we stole godolski, and he hits 2 game winners home and away Very Happy
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

tonger wrote:

oh man, it was be so epic if we stole godolski, and he hits 2 game winners home and away Very Happy

Godolski and Godbate in a team?

Make it happen Fester!!! banana banana

If anything, I'd probably be worried more on how our mid/defense cope with Arsenal's pace

Containing their front line shouldn't be that hard given the quality of our mids & defenders, but do they have the leg & stamina to do that? Sure...Pato could probably outpace Mertesaker very often, but will he ever gets the chance to do that if our midfield was dominated by Song & Co? Lets not forget that compared to last season, Arsenal's defense has noticably improved.

In any case, it's not a match I'll miss >_>

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Seth wrote:
tonger wrote:

If anything, I'd probably be worried more on how our mid/defense cope with Arsenal's pace

Containing their front line shouldn't be that hard given the quality of our mids & defenders, but do they have the leg & stamina to do that? Sure...Pato could probably outpace Mertesaker very often, but will he ever gets the chance to do that if our midfield was dominated by Song & Co? Lets not forget that compared to last season, Arsenal's defense has noticably improved.

Song is quite inconsistent & I don't expect the rest of the mids to give us much trouble, let alone dominate us. Ramsey is a good prospect, but lacks a defensive side to his game. Wilshere is a key for them, but he has been injured for a very long time and looks like he will only just recover for the first game.

IMO, their defence is still pretty bad, all they did was switch Clichy out for A. Santos and Squillaci/Konscielny out for Merte.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Seth wrote:
tonger wrote:

Song is quite inconsistent & I don't expect the rest of the mids to give us much trouble, let alone dominate us. Ramsey is a good prospect, but lacks a defensive side to his game. Wilshere is a key for them, but he has been injured for a very long time and looks like he will only just recover for the first game.

IMO, their defence is still pretty bad, all they did was switch Clichy out for A. Santos and Squillaci/Konscielny out for Merte.

Then you haven't watched us at all. Arsenal is recorded to win the most aerial duel in CL this season. Song won the most tackle in BPL & created 7 goals so far this season, easily the most consistent player in the team 2nd to RVP. Arteta has the best pass accuracy in opponent half in BPL. Our defense has been solid since 8-2 against MU. Kozz is our starter if everyone's fit not Merte.

Not saying we have upper hand, in fact we're still underdog but get your facts straight.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Twoism wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Seth wrote:
tonger wrote:

Then you haven't watched us at all. Arsenal is recorded to win the most aerial duel in CL this season. Song won the most tackle in BPL & created 7 goals so far this season, easily the most consistent player in the team 2nd to RVP. Arteta has the best pass accuracy in opponent half in BPL. Our defense has been solid since 8-2 against MU. Kozz is our starter if everyone's fit not Merte.

Not saying we have upper hand, in fact we're still underdog but get your facts straight.

Well, hang on there a second... you guys have conceded 23 goals in the EPL, only Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves, QPR, Norwich and Stoke have conceded more. Explain that. I also doubt the defensive skills of Koscielny.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Half of those goals were before we got Mert, Santos and Arteta; TV were also out injured. Kozz has improved a lots since last season, our best defender, better than Vermalen so far. He has skills to deal with intelligent attackers, like Messi at Nou Camp last year. Anyways, lets wait for the matches, I'm sure no matter the results, this match up is the best CL has to offer next round.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Twoism wrote:Half of those goals were before we got Mert, Santos and Arteta; TV were also out injured. Kozz has improved a lots since last season, our best defender, better than Vermalen so far. He has skills to deal with intelligent attackers, like Messi at Nou Camp last year. Anyways, lets wait for the matches, I'm sure no matter the results, this match up is the best CL has to offer next round.

definitely agree with you there
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I hope our boys win the game, its a doable task . Arsenal is a good team , much respect!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 pm

I am excited to see how we do, also to see how Napoli does as well
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:16 am

i think both teams are even, the deciding factor would be the form of the both teams at the time.
Much will depend on ibra and boateng cos arsenal's major weakness is coping with physical players.
I also hope we'll have resolved our left back issue by then since that seems to be our major weakness
for the midfield positions, i think we are slightly better and more experienced

in all, i'm overly confident of our chances of going through. I believe this draw happenned for a reason (to break the curse which arsenal inflicted on us)
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 am

Totally agree with Cro.

I think spurs game should serve as a remainder to some of these Milan fans who seem very overconfident with this tie.

Well i know you could have had it worse in the draw but Milan are in for a really tough game.And we really cant tell what the circumstances could be come February ,negative or positive.

If Milan lose or draw in the first leg then i'm afraid that last 16 jinx wont be broken imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:57 am

1-We were in injury crisis,we had to play Silva as a DM :facepalm:
2-We dominated them home and away
3-Robinho was missing sitters right and left,this time well have pato or at least pippo
4-The ref disallowed our legit goalS
5-Our midfield is 10X better than last year's gattuso-ambrosini-flamini or gattuso-silva-flamini
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:01 am

Am I the only who realizes that Tottenham and Arsenal are different teams with different strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, we're confident. We're allowed to be. We put in a respectable CL group stage campaign and have shown some fine form in Serie A plus we also have players who are more than capable of handling Arsenals players. We have our reasons.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 am

Ganso wrote:1-We were in injury crisis,we had to play Silva as a DM :facepalm:
Understand.But you still had quality to beat Spurs and you bottled it

agreed.But Milan werent clinical in front of goal and whats the point if you dominate and not put the ball in the back of the net.
3-Robinho was missing sitters right and left,this time well have pato or at least pippo
Robinho >>>Pato :coffee:
Only one decision and that could have gone either way and still Spurs had that away goal which would have enabled them to go through since they drew 0-0 at WHL
5-Our midfield is 10X better than last year's gattuso-ambrosini-flamini or gattuso-silva-flamini
But still not upto the mark.Arsenal will steamroll your mf
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 am

Saying that they will steamroll is probably a little bit too far...

I think that we will probably struggle to cope with Arsenal's game, but at the same time, we also have the capability to prevent Arsenal from imposing their style on us.

It will be an exciting match for sure =O

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 am

Sure. Smile

But i was exagerrating to be honest :coffee:.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:22 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Ganso wrote:1-We were in injury crisis,we had to play Silva as a DM :facepalm:
Understand.But you still had quality to beat Spurs and you bottled it

agreed.But Milan werent clinical in front of goal and whats the point if you dominate and not put the ball in the back of the net.
Robinho >>>Pato :coffee:
Only one decision and that could have gone either way and still Spurs had that away goal which would have enabled them to go through since they drew 0-0 at WHL
But still not upto the mark.Arsenal will steamroll your mf

we played against barca's midfield.... and we put up a pretty good fight... alot of the confidence comes from our performance against barca obviously, and i think the people who are critisizing milan fans should recognize that.... also for us, we have to realize that arsenal and barca are different teams, their newly formed mf and defense have been good, and their pace is going to be a problem, so sit tight, its gonna be clooooose
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:28 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
But i was exagerrating to be honest :coffee:.

Bad Surag... Arsenal - Page 3 Tuctuc

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 am

well,ill make more judgments in ferbruary Razz

Ill want to see how their defense copes with city tomorrow
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 am

I don't believe Arsenals midfield is THAT good

I really think Surag is trying to make this hill look like a mountain
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I don't believe Arsenals midfield is THAT good

I really think Surag is trying to make this hill look like a mountain
tbh i rate our midfield just as good if not better than arsenal's.*and we dont even know if wilshere will play

Song-Wilshere-Arteta

Aquilani-MVB-Seedorf
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:19 am

Their mid is better. GK pretty equal. Attack is RVP alone, and Gervinho did not yet prove he is Pato or even Cassano level. Defence esp Sagna-less is god awful
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:49 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Their mid is better. GK pretty equal. Attack is RVP alone, and Gervinho did not yet prove he is Pato or even Cassano level. Defence esp Sagna-less is god awful

haha you are going to be soo surprised... Laughing Laughing Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next