+5
johniet
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Arquitecto
pasquale22
9 posters

Go down

Introducing Javier Pastore's heir..... Empty Introducing Javier Pastore's heir.....

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am

Only the hardest, most cynical football fans would have failed to be moved by Franco Vazquez's emotional send-off from Belgrano. The talented No. 10, who in January will complete his transfer to Palermo and Serie A, was captain for the day in Cordoba as he led his boyhood club out onto the pitch for his final game.

The match itself unfolded as if choreographed by an overly sentimental Hollywood scriptwriter. Franco netted the only goal of the game, finishing with ease after a beautiful one-two with strike partner Cesar Pereyra which has become the hallmark of the Pirata game. He then proceeded to burst into tears as he kissed the shirt, an action repeated at the final whistle when he was hoisted onto team-mates' shoulders and given a rousing ovation by the crowd.

Nicknamed 'El Mudo' (The Mute) for his reluctance to speak publicly, the 22-year-old was no more eloquent as he choked back his tears for the gathered microphones, minutes after the final whistle was blown on Belgrano's 1-0 win over Arsenal de Sarandi. It is his football which does the talking, however, and his skills on the pitch will not be forgotten quickly by fans of the Cordoba club.

Having ascended this year at the expense of River in that infamous promocion play-off, the side appeared to be the usual newly-promoted motley crew; a handful of the men who led them to the Primera Division, bolstered by loan signings and free transfers of the journeymen of Argentine football, sourced from across the league. But Belgrano had a couple of aces up their sleeves. Vazquez and Pereyra were in stunning form as a double act across the Apertura season and after a shaky start, led the team to a second place finish and their best ever points total in a short season.

The youngster contributed an impressive three goals and three more assists to help Belgrano to a dream start in the Primera. There were also more upset to add to that Millo giant-slaying; Racing, Independiente and San Lorenzo all followed in River's losing footsteps, as did Clausura champions Velez Sarsfield and 2009 Apertura winners Estudiantes.

It was that form, plus his exploits in the Nacional B, that convinced Palermo that he was the man for them. Not just any man, however, but the player who would be tasked with replacing none other than Javier Pastore, who became such a favourite in Sicily before moving to Paris Saint-Germain.

The similarities with 'El Flaco' are indeed startling. Both are natives of Argentina's second-largest city, and began their football careers there. While Vazquez led Belgrano to the top-flight, Pastore debuted with bitter rivals Talleres under current Velez coach Ricardo Gareca; although he only managed five first-team games before shining in a loan spell at Huracan. Neither player looks particularly comfortable in front of the microphone, and would prefer to let their wonderful passing ability and ease with the ball at feet take precedence over interview soundbites.

If fans in Sicily are expecting a Pastore clone, however, they will be disappointed. Watching Vazquez play brings to mind a more traditional breed of Argentine playmaker, a Riquelme figure rather than a Tevez or Aguero. He is blessed with that rare ability to slow the game down around him and look completely at ease, before beating a marker with a jink of the waist of flick of the boot rather than with exceptional pace or strength.

He also provides an acute goalscoring menace, especially when teamed with a striker who can create as well as finish. 'Picante' Pereyra filled that role to perfection in Belgrano, and the onus will be on a centre-forward like Mauricio Pinilla to perform a similar service if the Aquile want to see the best of Vazquez.

"I can barely talk, I can't breath, I am very emotional ... I just want to thank the fans"

- Vazquez struggles to contain his feelings post-game

Palermo have enjoyed a solid if definitively unspectacular start to the Serie A season, sitting sixth but with only 16 goals in 14 matches betraying a lack of fire power in the final third. Many observers were surprised when the man they turned to as Pastore's successor was another young, unproven player, one moreover who had no experience of top-flight football and for whom a reported €4.5 million outlay represented a considerable risk.

Vazquez proved during his sparkling Apertura, however, that his talent was capable of surviving the jump in quality; and once the tears and pain of leaving his home club subside, he will be relishing the chance to prove himself in one of the toughest, most competitive leagues in the world. 'El Mudo' may not be the new Pastore, but this softly-spoken Argentine has everything needed to make some noise if given a chance in his compatriot's former stamping ground.

Footage from his last game for Belgrano

pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Introducing Javier Pastore's heir..... Empty Re: Introducing Javier Pastore's heir.....

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:11 am

I have followed Vasquez for a long time and he reminds me of Costa or Zidane. A true old fashioned heritage player.

Palermo has always had a great eye for talent and have made another superb signing as I don't know how the bigger clubs haven't spotted or signed him.

But what I dont understand is how a painfully inconsistent, big match flop, and overhyped player like Pastore deserves to have an "heir" to his name.

Hell, I'd even say Vasquez is better and I can say it with belief.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Introducing Javier Pastore's heir..... Empty Re: Introducing Javier Pastore's heir.....

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 am

Arquitecto wrote:I have followed Vasquez for a long time and he reminds me of Costa or Zidane. A true old fashioned heritage player.

Palermo has always had a great eye for talent and have made another superb signing as I don't know how the bigger clubs haven't spotted or signed him.

But what I dont understand is how a painfully inconsistent, big match flop, and overhyped player like Pastore deserves to have an "heir" to his name.

pastore is not overhyped. the guy is pure class. has so much time on the ball. the way i see it. if liverpool payed 40mil for carroll then pastore must be worth 80mil
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

pasquale22 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I have followed Vasquez for a long time and he reminds me of Costa or Zidane. A true old fashioned heritage player.

pastore is not overhyped. the guy is pure class. has so much time on the ball. the way i see it. if liverpool payed 40mil for carroll then pastore must be worth 80mil

Funny how you don't even understand the circumstance behind Liverpool's signing of Carroll along with the not-so subtle hit on them.

Pastore was incredibly inconsistent during his time at Palermo and regularly disappears in big games as Zampa is the master of hyping his players for a grander sum of money.

He is probably laughing in his sleep for the amount he got for him from PSG while talents like him come and go.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:48 am

Arquitecto wrote:
pasquale22 wrote:

Funny how you don't even understand the circumstance behind Liverpool's signing of Carroll along with the not-so subtle hit on them.

Pastore was incredibly inconsistent during his time at Palermo and regularly disappears in big games as Zampa is the master of hyping his players for a grander sum of money.

He is probably laughing in his sleep for the amount he got for him from PSG while talents like him come and go.

laughing? funny how u dont understand what actually happened in that transfer. palermo were left unhappy at exactly how much they recieved (something like 26mil) because of agent and player fees etc... he wasnt inconsistent. firstly he was the star player of a 6-10th placed team, secondly he was only 20-22yrs old and its not easy to carry a team at that age especially a team which isnt going to deliver 3 points every week. it seemed he was inconsistent when he wasnt it was the more the fact he was in a team that wouldnt produce week in week out. young players at big clubs however have it diffrently
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a mercenary and a joke like Pastore.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Lol^ a mercenary. Which club do u follow again???
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Lol^ my local club passed down through generations. You???
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Pastore is not a merecenary bro.

You do know who Mauro Zampriani is right? Pastore was sold......no 2 ways about it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Ade wrote:Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a mercenary and a joke like Pastore.

that is a correct definition of Pastore´s decision.
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Pastore is a joke, he was like yeah I'm rejecting Chelsea because I want to play every game blah blah. If he had joined Chelsea he would have been playing a very good amount of games, but instead he went PSG.

Played like every match and by November he was 'burnt out' and needed a rest, a player that is 22 years old. I mean if it was April/May playing every game you could understand, although still at 22 your pushing it. Given the fact that it was November or when ever the PSG coach said it, is just a pure joke.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

:facepalm: :brickwall:

He did not reject Chelsea.Chelsea weren't willing to pay $50 million for him........what are you on about?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Ade wrote:Lol^ my local club passed down through generations. You???
Whats your point? I'm not judging u im talking about Chelsea. U make no sense. And me ? Me what? Isn't Chelsea that same club that got a billionaire owner brought In? My club has been run by a family (Agnelli's) for over 80yrs..... Generations of Hard work has gotten my club to the top. Not so much your club.

As for Pastore... He's no mercenary. Like the other guy here said, u obviously don't know who Zamparini is. He treats every player as a pure investment. Nothing more. And he won't be afraid to admit that. Pastore also said many times he wanted to stay In Italy, whether it was with Palermo or at juve because he has family roots from Torino. U have no clue. Calling Pastore a joke lol. How much of him did u watch last season? He's pure class.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:45 pm

ragbirjosh wrote: :facepalm: :brickwall:

He did not reject Chelsea.Chelsea weren't willing to pay $50 million for him........what are you on about?

You might be better off finding your own sources, because I don't remember where half of them were from but caughtoffside (not something I use regularly seems pretty tacky to me so I won't post it).

pasquale22 wrote:Whats your point? I'm not judging u im talking about Chelsea. U make no sense. And me ? Me what? Isn't Chelsea that same club that got a billionaire dollar owner brought In? My club has been run by a family (Agnelli's) for over 80yrs..... Generations of Hard work has gotten my club to the top. Not so much your club.

As for Pastore... He's no mercenary. Like the other guy here said, u obviously don't know who Zamparini is. He treats every player as a pure investment. Nothing more. And he won't be afraid to admit that. Pastore also said many times he wanted to stay In Italy, whether it was with Palermo or at juve because he has family roots from Torino. U have np clue. Calling Pastore a joke lol. How much of him did I watch last season? He's pure class.

Cool its fine my bad, I thought you was calling me one. I ain't saying he's a joke of a player, don't get me wrong I'm still mega butt hurt he didn't join Chelsea because I know he's a great player. I'm saying he's a joke because of his fatigue at 22 and hell taking a step backwards to play in the French league isn't screaming great things about him either.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Ade wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote: :facepalm: :brickwall:

You might be better off finding your own sources, because I don't remember where half of them were from but caughtoffside (not something I use regularly seems pretty tacky to me so I won't post it).

pasquale22 wrote:Whats your point? I'm not judging u im talking about Chelsea. U make no sense. And me ? Me what? Isn't Chelsea that same club that got a billionaire dollar owner brought In? My club has been run by a family (Agnelli's) for over 80yrs..... Generations of Hard work has gotten my club to the top. Not so much your club.

As for Pastore... He's no mercenary. Like the other guy here said, u obviously don't know who Zamparini is. He treats every player as a pure investment. Nothing more. And he won't be afraid to admit that. Pastore also said many times he wanted to stay In Italy, whether it was with Palermo or at juve because he has family roots from Torino. U have np clue. Calling Pastore a joke lol. How much of him did I watch last season? He's pure class.

Cool its fine my bad, I thought you was calling me one. I ain't saying he's a joke of a player, don't get me wrong I'm still mega butt hurt he didn't join Chelsea because I know he's a great player. I'm saying he's a joke because of his fatigue at 22 and hell taking a step backwards to play in the French league isn't screaming great things about him either.
why would I call u a mercenary lol. Fatigue? Since when? He's 23 , plenty of time if he wants to go to epl. Which I doubt he will. Pastore said the other day he would come back to Italy so his options are open.

U want to talk of mercanery's look no further then ur own club and a certain Lucas Piazon. He represents everything I don't like the little ****.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

What's a long time for you Arq? Can't believe you've been watching Nacional B Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What's a long time for you Arq? Can't believe you've been watching Nacional B Razz

Alfred, Milan were linked to him at one time during the 2009 season and when belgrano were promoted I watched him play at the time and did so mostly last year especially and am a big fan of him. I regularly mention him, maybe you haven't seen me to so tbh.

Great talent though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Maybe he'll become seleccion material in Europe. He has talent for sure.

Also I find it hilarious chelski fans are butthurt they didn't get Pastore Laughing
Chelsea didn't want to spend the cash, PSG did, simple as.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Pastore's heir? What did Pastore do for someone to be his heir? Seriously talented but like several young players, he has a consistency issue and has a nasty habit of disappearing from the big occasion.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 am

Lol, maybe it's the 40mil price tag he worked up or the fact he brought Palermo so far up
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:23 am

Please mention these big games u r talking about. I seriously think half the people here had never seen him play for palermo
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:06 am

i did see palermo to be fair when they were butchered by every team in the europa league group stage. .i was very dissapointed how a team with pastore could play that badly. palermo deceived me
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am

So firstly u consider the Europa league a big time match for Pastore, secondly u only saw them in that comp. Lol, u don't know much about Italian teams in that competition do u. Do u not know why we lost our 4th UCL spot? Cause teams didn't give a ****. we take serie a games alot more seriously. Palermo would field a 2nd string team.

In serie a, he played well in the big games. Scored against us and dominated just to mention
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down