Who is better?

Callejon VS Pedro Vote_lcap55%Callejon VS Pedro Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]
Callejon VS Pedro Vote_lcap45%Callejon VS Pedro Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 20

Callejon VS Pedro Empty Callejon VS Pedro

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Of course there is more relevant material and contributions to use concerning Pedro, so base your vote on potential, talent and current form.

Also you may discuss/elaborate on your choice as well.

For Me, both of them have exquisite ability at timing their runs and their awareness in that department rivals some of the best forwards out there.

Pedro I feel can dribble better but Callejon is much faster and is also the better finisher.

Both players track back very well also which is a plus in the modern game. Difficult one to call but I think Vanilla Ice edges it.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: [reason for edit: coffee guy needed to be added to prove this is a fun thread]

Last edited by Giovanni10 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Callejon VS Pedro Empty Re: Callejon VS Pedro

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
Of course there is more relevant material and contributions to use concerning Pedro, so base your vote on potential, talent and current form.

For Me, both of them have exquisite ability at timing their runs and their awareness in that department rivals some of the best forwards out there.

Pedro I feel can dribble better but Callejon is much faster and is also the better finisher.

Both players track back very well also which is a plus in the modern game. Difficult one to call but I think Vanilla Ice edges it.

Pedro is by FAAAARRRRRRRR the better finisher.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:02 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

Pedro is by FAAAARRRRRRRR the better finisher.

1 on 1 as well? Sorry Callejon hands down, plus Callejon has a decent ranged strike as well so a clear diversity of shot technique.

Pedro is a great finisher on tight angles so I will give him that.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

As much as I'm not really a fan of Pedro, to say that Callejon has a better shot on him is just :facepalm: worthy.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Pedro last 2 seasons

157 shots : 45 goals

Callejon last 2 + this one seasons

168 shots: 15 goals

The difference is clear.As player's they aren't that far apart but Pedro is clearly better for now.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm

So now we are comparing a kid Callejon, who hasnt even played 10 games with madrid, has played no important goals games with us, with a player who has 2+ years of performing on the big stage with barca? And it doesnt even look like a joke thread?

Giovanni, you are a good poster, dont walk into halamadrid territory, you are better than this

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Pedro last 2 seasons

157 shots : 45 goals

Callejon last 2 + this one seasons

168 shots: 15 goals

The difference is clear.As player's they aren't that far apart but Pedro is clearly better for now.

No really? I'm shocked. Thank you for taking into account that Pedro's breakout season was approximately 2 years ago now, while Callejon is entering experiencing his best form ever in the calendar year 2011. So you're not really paying attention to the OP.

I'm not so sure that I believe the 168 shots, 15 goals stat that much, but regardless of that fact he was at Espanyol FFS, shite teams lack quality of build-up play (especially in comparison to a team like Barca) so basically you try your luck and shoot from anywhere.

Stats can be used very conveniently when you feel like ignoring underlying factors.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:So now we are comparing a kid Callejon, who hasnt even played 10 games with madrid, has played no important goals games with us, with a player who has 2+ years of performing on the big stage with barca? And it doesnt even look like a joke thread?

Giovanni, you are a good poster, dont walk into halamadrid territory, you are better than this

OMG lol Nick of course its not a serious poll- Jeeebus of course Pedro on the whole and also because of what he has accomplished so far is better in that sense. but thats not what I'm really asking.

If I had to put it basically then I would say.. In the event of a big match happening tomorrow, who would you rather like to bring off the bench in this moment?

for me Vanilla Ice all the way!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 pm

^I used the stats to show one thing only......that Pedro is a WC finisher.That much is not up for dispute.If you think that callejon is also a world class finisher....then I don't know what to say.

As for your OP: I already said......Callejon is not far off from Pedro in terms of the structure of his game and who knows.....we haven't really gotten a great look at him yet so he remains a mystery.I love him , because he's a castilla....that's the only reason I prefer him.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:So now we are comparing a kid Callejon, who hasnt even played 10 games with madrid, has played no important goals games with us, with a player who has 2+ years of performing on the big stage with barca? And it doesnt even look like a joke thread?

OMG lol Nick of course its not a serious poll- Jeeebus of course Pedro on the whole and also because of what he has accomplished so far is better in that sense. but thats not what I'm really asking.

If I had to put it basically then I would say.. In the event of a big match happening tomorrow, who would you rather like to bring off the bench in this moment?

for me Vanilla Ice all the way!

Well, unfair question obviously, Pedro's form has completely dropped, and Callejon is playing nice when he gets the chance. But even so, i would still pick Pedro, because he already knows how to get himself in the right mental shape for those occasions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 pm

What a joke :facepalm:

1/10 for making me reply Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 pm

King Callejon will strike down you non-believers with holy lightning and thunder. Mad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:What a joke :facepalm:

Callejon = GOAT

Deal with it smoking

Furthermore, 1/10 for making you reply? 6575 posts of utter garbage suggests it doesn't take a lot motivation for you to add your two cents. eco smile
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Callejon for me, Pedro is a has been, was good while it lasted, where will he play next??? ponferrida?? Callejon was one of Espanyols best players always a constant nightmare against the big teams, and has showed for us why he should start ahead of ronaldo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 am

halamadrid2 wrote:and has showed for us why he should start ahead of ronaldo

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:42 am

Pedro hands down

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:16 am

Pedro, only player in history to score a goal in 6 competitions in the same season :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 am

Step up your game BRO.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 am

although Callejon has been quite the boss lately you still cant pick him ahead of pedro atm anyway, in af ew seasons things could change though, it looks like the skys the limit for Callejon
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Guys, come on, man, at least show respect, even though this is a poor comparison. I'll give it a shot:

I can see where you're coming from with the comparison, but you couldn't have picked a worse time to compare them. Pedro has suffered partially down to injuries and is finding it hard to replicate the form shown in previous seasons, whilst Callejon is pretty much a reserve player, but is taking every chance that Mourinho is giving him, which I quite like. However, based overall, and not this season, Pedro is, by far, the better player. His work ethic is one of the best I've seen for a winger, he does so much tracking back, it's unbelievable. Most importantly though, is his contribution in the final third. Whenever Pedro is one-on-one, 9 times out of 10, he will finish it off, he's just one of those players. You can't debate who's the better finisher, it's pretty much a one sided affair. Look at his goal against us - Manchester United - last season, placement was perfect. To add to that, Pedro has always been a big game player, he has this knack of getting into the right positions. With Callejon, the only thing he has over Pedro is speed and delivery. The difference between the two players is simple: Pedro has the potential to become a world class player, Callejon hasn't. By the way, that's only if you don't class Pedro as world class.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:What a joke :facepalm:

Callejon = GOAT

Deal with it smoking

Furthermore, 1/10 for making you reply? 6575 posts of utter garbage suggests it doesn't take a lot motivation for you to add your two cents. eco smile
Thankfully, I couldn't give two shits about what you think Laughing

jog it on son. stay delusional

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:59 pm

The poll... Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert