Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

+42
Mr Nick09
Magricos
justdoit_
Patrick Bateman
kiranr
Arquitecto
elmickio
S
Red Alert
Grande_Milano
BeautifulGame
Nishankly
iftikhar
guest7
ycheah
The Franchise
dostoevsky
harhar11
Highburied
BiasedMilanFan3
Luca
chaval
CBarca
The Madrid One
andiii
Dnmac4
michael1
juventus101
anirudhkitt
Error
Zealous
The Messiah
gunner1987
Pedram
Sushi Master
Raptorgunner
EarlyPrototype
the xcx
Vibe
Adit
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
46 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

Post by guest7 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Decent....? Really?

Since when has statistics mattered? He is a creative force if you watch Milans games he has even been playing as AM there sometimes, his passing is top notch his finishing is good aswell, and he can dribble

By the way, anyone who has watched him knows he is creative/not inconsistent. Next time I hear he isn't I'll take it as you don't watch his games.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

I've watched him plenty. Ibra stands in the final 1/3 like a statue... never tracks back, never defends and never really moves from a certain zone really. Get him the ball there and he's good. But he will rarely work outside of his comfort zone.

Guy is a douche.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Thinking about it, Sports is right Ibra just goal hangs and feeds off scraps from his midfielders.....

Considering this you would expect him to score 30+ every year.

Terribly overrated player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Ibra is a moody player,some time he switches off completely to "i dont give a fk" mode.But inform ibra is great cant argue otherwise.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Well Carroll is still a Liverpool player whereas Ibra has to be offloaded from barca.So no he isnt big rip off than Ibra.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Are stats that important...really?

9 assists and he isnt world class, but 10 he is?

I mean, arent assists relient on people finishing of what you create? So Ibra could of had more assists if for example, Muntari didnt miss an open goal Ibra gave him.

Why are assists important for someone who isnt giving the final pass anyway?

He's playing with the best players in the world on all of those teams almost. So i don't think he suffered from a lack of quality around him...

Really?

At Inter the second best player he has was Maicon.......a rightback.

At Milan now its....Thiago Silva..a centerback...or Pato..a striker who misses games with injuries.

Best players in the world?

Anyway, I dont know about WC and all that. But I know he is one of the best in his posi
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 am

sportsczy wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Sports, that's only true considering league fixtures, when you consider all competitions his European statistics elevate that figure to over 10 for the past five seasons and he's well on the way again this season. Also he had 13 league assists last year and 13 in the 07/08 season.

It includes everything. Go to http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/11001/zlatan-ibrahimovic?cc=5739.

The season you're talking about, 22 goals and 9 assists (League + Europe).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/zlatan-ibrahimovic/leistungsdaten/spieler_3455.html

I was referencing statistics from here, I can't say which is a more reliable source however.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:35 am

sportsczy wrote:I've watched him plenty. Ibra stands in the final 1/3 like a statue... never tracks back, never defends and never really moves from a certain zone really. Get him the ball there and he's good. But he will rarely work outside of his comfort zone.

Guy is a douche.

Exposed. I like the mix of hate and stats to pass a judge. No matter how I dislike Zidane, I d argue with the like of arq and surag who think Zizou was not that lethal/important in France/Juve in 98-early 00s
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:35 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I see Sportsczy led everyone here along on a merry dance lmao.

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 am

As I said before, we've been establishing a purely arbitrary level of "production" for a "world class" player. The timing of his contributions are far more important than the pure figures. You could easily convince me that these statistics are unimpressive if his goals and assists didn't always arrive at crucial times in league matches. Goals and assists may make no difference to a game, or they may be worth six points against another title contender.

Not only at Milan, but being frustrated by his ridiculous ability to pull results out of the air for Inter, where he was certainly not surrounded by the best players in the world. Inter's midfield for most of their title winning seasons was startingly uncreative, who are the best players in the world that Ibrahimovic had in support? Adriano comes to mind as a world class talent, but certainly not as a player.

Statistics don't show the moves he started but didn't get the assist for, the space he created, his vision. This isn't meant to compare him to others or claim superiority to any particular player, however you're giving him very little credit for his actual abilities.

I do agree however that he has spent a large portion of his career as a 'lazy' striker, though that certainly doesn't describe the work done to create for his team mates, simply to pressure and defend with the team. To Ibra's credit though, under Allegri he is a very hard worker.

World Class isn't a simple term and there's no point debating this unless we have a common definition to apply Ibrahimovic's contribution to his team to, I simply think that you're dismissing him very easily. You gave a very broad statement though, so I don't want to presume anything on your part and I don't want to derail the thread any further, given that this is technically about his performance at Barcelona.

Even that wasn't a bad season, he was breaking club records at the beginning of the season for a new signing. Barcelona overpaid hilariously though. Even if Eto'o wanted to leave and had a year left on his contract, you'd think you could engineer something closer to a straight swap.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 am

Atm, yes.

Can change in the future though. Carroll is very raw.
Definitely better than Torres though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:35 am

ynwa wrote:Atm, yes.

Can change in the future though. Carroll is very raw.
Definitely better than Torres though.

Some of you should stop this blind hate on torres.lol

Just because he has 1 or 2 goals more than him, doesnt necessarily make him better.Caroll is not only raw but he's plain average tbh.Not the quickest player but he's strong ,has a powerful shot and good in the air.

And out wide except Downing everyone else are makeshift wingers so with the exception of Suarez he is sort of starved of service and i dont think he is that good technically to form a good pair with Suarez and have good chemistry.

Though in the future it could change.Provided ,he gets the right kind of service he has the potential to become as prolific as Gomez but atm though it doesnt seem to be working.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 am

Ibra is so good and such a world class player that Barcelona got rid of him for half the price they paid for him only a year later lmao

Guy is about on par with Torres imo, exactly the same sort of players. Except Ibra is bound to get red carded more often and miss more important matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:02 am

Andy Carroll is the biggest donkey and waste of money i've seen in a long time.

People trying to justify this are deluded.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:10 am

Crimson wrote:Ibra is so good and such a world class player that Barcelona got rid of him for half the price they paid for him only a year later lmao

Guy is about on par with Torres imo, exactly the same sort of players. Except Ibra is bound to get red carded more often and miss more important matches.

With respect to you my friend, this is why I won't even bother replying to this. Smile

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 am

elmickio wrote:Andy Carroll is the biggest donkey and waste of money i've seen in a long time.

People trying to justify this are deluded.

Why are you blaming Andy Carroll? I think he did not want to move and he certainly did not set his transfer price so high!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 am

Blaming him for being hopeless, I don't understand what you mean?

I don't understand how people could even have some form of comparasion between Zlatan and Carroll.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 am

elmickio wrote:Blaming him for being hopeless, I don't understand what you mean?

I don't understand how people could even have some form of comparasion between Zlatan and Carroll.

Both over priced and useless?

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:19 am

Crimson wrote:
elmickio wrote:Blaming him for being hopeless, I don't understand what you mean?

No offence but What do you know?

If he dosen't play for Real then he's useless.

Seeing that you're a stat whore I thought you would appreciate someone like Ibrahimovic seeing that he's won the league in so many years consistently?

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am

elmickio wrote:
Crimson wrote:

No offence but What do you know?

If he dosen't play for Real then he's useless.

Seeing that you're a stat whore I thought you would appreciate someone like Ibrahimovic seeing that he's won the league in so many years consistently?

Couldn't cut it in the best team in the world, still consistently and always has failed in Europe and he's not young anymore.

Only place where he has been decent is Serie A and this version of Serie A is the worst it has been in almost its entire history.

I'm sorry if that does not impress me....

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

1 goal in 2 games his entire career and that doesn't cut it?

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:31 am

elmickio wrote:1 goal in 2 games his entire career and that doesn't cut it?

What are you on about now?

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

Crimson wrote:

Didn't realise you're that thick

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:00 pm

elmickio wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Didn't realise you're that thick

Not my fault you can't construct a decent argument and therefore have to reduce yourself to petty name calling

Hilarious really....

Then again I'm not too surprised coming from you

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:07 pm

If he was still at Newcastle and performing the same way with the huge price tag around his neck, would you have been as critical as him? I dont think so. The point is, he did not want the move and he could have stayed put and developed and then pursued better option.

I feel that he should have refused the transfer, atleast this pressure would not have been there on him!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Are you thick? we are comparing which transfer was more of a rip off not them as quality of player.....

Zlatan wins that one all day every day.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next