Ganso
Swanhends
Gil
123 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 26 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:35 pm

If I remember right he'll miss 5 PL games and one cup game, he served four games of his ban already last season.

But it's kinda hard to see that Arsenal would be his last destination and I don't think he needs any kind of stepping stone no more, so if I think objectively he could just as well stay at Liverpool until one of the truly big hitters come for him.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I think Rodgers is complicating the situation a bit by telling publicly that Bitey won't play with Liverpool without apologizing,,, it looks like he has no intentions of doing so.

Either Suarez will have to apologize or Rodgers will have to take back what he said and confirm that Bitey is indeed bigger than the club and let him play without apoligizing to the fans and teammates.

If neither happens I believe there's still a chance of the transfer happening because neither Liverpool nor Bitey will benefit of the situation, but if one of the two happens (Bitey apologizing or Rodgers back tracking what he said) the saga is over in my opinion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Liverpool holding Suarez hostage until their ransom demands are met Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Just because they're the only team that want him, doesn't have to mean he goes there. I don't think it should just be about being in the CL.

I just think there's more to consider. He should playing for a team that has more ambition than Arsenal, teams who compete for the title or the CL.
lol so with this logic how is arsenal going to make the signings to reach the top? if buying suarez is not showing ambition than what is mt? what do you want arsenal to do to prove themselves to buy a player like suarez? because everyone we target; the same argument can be made, " he shouldn't join arsenal because they have no ambition"
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Chelsea apparently agreed to sign him earlier this summer. Real Madrid have been linked with him over the summer. Apparently Suarez can play anywhere up front so Barca could play him at RW.

Pep might want someone like Suarez next summer if Mandzukic doesn't work, Lewandowski doesn't move or Gotze doesn't work as a false 9.

Suarez shouldn't just move to Arsenal just because they're supposedly a step up due to them being in the CL. He has to have higher ambitions than just being in the CL.

Suarez shouldn't look to move sideways or even one step up, he should look to move to a team that's at the top of the stairs, which would be to an elite top tier team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Lex wrote:Liverpool holding Suarez hostage until their ransom demands are met Laughing
Better concentrate on other topics if that's the best you can come up with on this one. Broken record and all that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

REWB wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Just because they're the only team that want him, doesn't have to mean he goes there. I don't think it should just be about being in the CL.

I just think there's more to consider. He should playing for a team that has more ambition than Arsenal, teams who compete for the title or the CL.
lol so with this logic how is arsenal going to make the signings to reach the top? if buying suarez is not showing ambition than what is mt? what do you want arsenal to do to prove themselves to buy a player like suarez? because everyone we target; the same argument can be made, " he shouldn't join arsenal because they have no ambition"
I was just saying that from Suarez's point of view.

From Arsenal's point of view they're doing the right thing. They're going for a top striker like Suarez. Along with Suarez they need at least 1-2 more WC players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Lex wrote:Liverpool holding Suarez hostage until their ransom demands are met Laughing
Better concentrate on other topics if that's the best you can come up with on this one. Broken record and all that.
But that is the nub of the discussion, isn't it. Suarez wants to leave, evil genius Brenton won't let him until he gets the money he's asking for, Why let him go for £40 mil, when someone might bid £55 mil, no?

ran·som
/ˈransəm/
Noun
A sum of money or other payment demanded or paid for the release of a prisoner
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
REWB wrote:

From Arsenal's point of view they're doing the right thing. They're going for a top striker like Suarez. Along with Suarez they need at least 1-2 more WC players.
from a suarez point of view? loool what whats all this arguing going on here? to me it just looked like you were trolling. we all know suarez wants to join a rm/bayern but atm arsenal is his only choice. To me it is clear all you were doing is trying to rustle a few arsenal fans feathers, shame on you mt.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
But that is the nub of the discussion, isn't it. Suarez wants to leave, evil genius Brenton won't let him until he gets the money he's asking for, Why let him go for £40 mil, when someone might bid £55 mil, no?

ran·som  
/ˈransəm/
Noun
And it's common practice in football to hold out for your valuation of your player. To call it "holding hostage against ransom" is nothing but trying to sound sensational on one transfer story out of hundreds, i.e. pointless.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

The thing is Suarez can't go wherever he wants because the elite teams don't need him (they're all stacked at the striker positions) or they don't want to deal with his antics (Chelsea, etc.).

Arsenal is probably the best Suarez can do. And, no, Liverpool is currently not in the same league as Arsenal. It's definitely a step up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:Only reason Suarez wants to play for Arsenal is that he knows Arsenal would be more willing to sell him when Barca/Madrid/PSG/Monaco/City etc bid for him next summer.
Their be no bids from City, Madrid or Barca in his life time.

PSG and Monaco yes, but are they any better than Arsenal?
$$$$$$$$$$$$
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:09 pm

REWB wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
REWB wrote:lol so with this logic how is arsenal going to make the signings to reach the top? if buying suarez is not showing ambition than what is mt? what do you want arsenal to do to prove themselves to buy a player like suarez? because everyone we target; the same argument can be made, " he shouldn't join arsenal because they have no ambition"

from a suarez point of view? loool what whats all this arguing going on here? to me it just looked like you were trolling. we all know suarez wants to join a rm/bayern but atm arsenal is his only choice. To me it is clear all you were doing is trying to rustle a few arsenal fans feathers, shame on you mt.
There's a lot of things that could happen.

Arsenal could sign Suarez, but could finish in the top 4.

Liverpool could keep Suarez and finish in the top 4.

Arsenal could sign Suarez and a few more WC players and win the title/compete for it.

Based on that, Suarez has to make the right decision. I think the key is he needs to think long term, rather than just joining Arsenal because they're in the CL and Liverpool aren't.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Better concentrate on other topics if that's the best you can come up with on this one. Broken record and all that.

ran·som  
/ˈransəm/
Noun
And it's common practice in football to hold out for your valuation of your player. To call it "holding hostage against ransom" is nothing but trying to sound sensational on one transfer story out of hundreds, i.e. pointless.
Not to mention that BR isn't holding out for more money from Arsenal, he's just not selling to them period. Seems like Lex has stopped paying attention to what's happening - gotta stay current with your trolling, Lex, otherwise you're going to look uninformed.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 am

Suarez won't be sold.

Not sure everyone is believing Skysports, they're using quotes from last week!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:00 pm

When Branislav Ivanovic ruthlessly smashed one of his limbs into the gaping, innocent maw of Luis Suarez back in April of this year, few of us could barely believe the character assassination that followed. Not of Chelsea’s detestable, cowardly Serb, Ivanovic – who, to anyone with a pair of working eyes, was clearly the guilty party – but of our beloved, valiant, squeaky clean, heroic number seven. Incredibly, (and contrary to telegenic evidence) the gentle Uruguayan was deemed to have used his teeth inappropriately while defending himself against his aggressor, and this so-called ‘biting offence’ prompted a ten match ban and some of the cleverest minds in the country to demand his immediate removal from it.

It was the second time that Suarez – widely regarded as one of football’s leading role models – had been unfairly punished simply for defending himself on a football pitch. In 2010, while playing for Ajax, he was set upon by PSV Eindhoven’s Otman ‘The Bastard’ Bakkal, who taunted him with sick Freddie Mercury jibes before shoulder-butting him in the mouth. Astonishingly, having bruised Bakkal’s skin, Suarez was once again found guilty and left facing the music, this time to the tune of a two match ban handed down by his own club. The Dutch FA were quick to join the witch hunt, increasing the ban to seven games for a laugh and dubbing Suarez ‘The Cannibal of Ajax’ – a moniker that the twisted Ivanovic would later use to his own unsportsmanlike advantage.

But Luis is no stranger to ill-deserved criticism and name calling. Earlier that same year, during a World Cup quarter final against Ghana, he pulled off a stunning goal line save to deny Dominic Adiyiah late on, only to be called a “cheating *bleep*” when everyone immediately noticed he’d flanged it away with his fist. The clearance was so good it was later described as “the save of the tournament” – sadly only by Luis Suarez himself, earning more uncalled for derision. Similarly, after scoring the winning goal against lowly Mansfield Town in the FA Cup, the Stags’ chairman, his orange wife, and even the local vicar were quick to slag him off to absolute shit and back for supposedly slapping the ball in with a hand and failing to “own up” to it. In the vicar’s case it might not be the first time he’d made a lot from something that wasn’t there, but once again the undeserved reputation of Luis Suarez, one of the world’s moral crusaders, had gone before him. A reputation cruelly erected from the misquotes of a thousand interviews.

Of course, the biggest injustice of all happened during a typically good-natured encounter with Man Utd in 2011 when, in a playful exchange with Patrice Evra, Luis was tricked into referencing the colour of his opponent’s skin. Evra, known for his underhanded manipulation of Uruguayan cognizance, had clearly planned the exchange in advance, hoodwinking Luis into using derogatory terms and then grassing him right up after the game – knowing full well the media would lap it up. Luis denied the charges but it was too late. Not even a quickly designed screen-printed t-shirt could bring about a change in perceptions, and the club’s airtight defence of their star player was all in vain against the media machine and the clever, diminutive Frenchman. Luis was handed an eight game ban and fined £40,000 – a punishment which was described by many as “from someone’s *bleep* arse”.

In the return fixture at Old Trafford some months later, during the pre-match handshakes, Luis reached for the hand of the man who had previously bested him, determined to put the whole nasty affair behind him once and for all. But the crafty Evra tricked him again, lowering his hand at the last minute and going “Aaaaah!” under his breath, then feigning outrage. There was little Luis could do – Evra had ‘done him’ again. And, just as before, the media were quick to castigate the South American for doing a dirty foreign shite all over their beloved game. From this moment on, Luis’s mind was made up.

To his great credit, he stuck it out for another season, fighting the now constant discrimination like a footballing John Merrick. Until this summer, while away on international duty with Uruguay, where Luis was quick to do a number of interviews in his native tongue, citing the media in England as the main reason for wanting to leave not only Liverpool but the Premier League, too. And who could blame him? After all, outside of the two biting incidents, being found guilty of racially abusing another player, the deliberate handball denying a nation a place in the World Cup semi final, the bans and the accusations of diving, there’s very little on his record to warrant the kind of systematic defamation he’d been subjected to over here.

Upon his return to these shores it turned out he’d be quite happy to sign for trophy-dodging Champions League warm up act, Arsenal. Or Real Madrid. Or anyone in the Champions League. Or anyone at all that wasn’t Liverpool. Or none of those, some of those, all of those, or *bleep* knows. He turned out for a couple of friendlies looking like someone had shit in his cornflakes and then, as soon as the rest of the squad had *bleep* off to Norway for the day, he legged it to the Guardian to give an exclusive. “Let me leave!” he cried, as though chained to a *bleep* sink by Jigsaw.

“They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract.”
- Luis Suarez, talking shite

Regrettably for Luis, the misfortune never ends, as this summer’s transfer window has proven. Not only have the club refused to sell him to Arsenal – they’ve flat out refused to sell him to anyone at all. And they promised. They promised verbally. With words!

Having heard that the club had reneged on this watertight deal, Luis still insisted there was a clause in his contract allowing him to go if a club stood in a certain spot, at a certain time of the day, with the staff of Ra, and gained the exact location of the Well of the Souls. He enlisted the help of PFA chief Gordon Taylor to confirm or deny as much. Taylor agreed to look into it just as soon as he’d finished talking about how players had too much power these days. Upon closer inspection, Taylor confirmed there was indeed a clause allowing Suarez to leave. In three years. At the end of his contract. The one he’d signed a year ago. This slavery, for want of a far more accurate and far less exaggerated term, is apparently due to a ridiculous stipulation whereby the signature on said contract is deemed legally binding and, somewhat coincidentally, matches that of the player, as if he endorsed it himself.

So what does this all mean? Well, painfully for Luis Suarez, it means he currently has to train in a big field on his own, or with his daughter, Delfina – who’s about to go through life being named after a place her Dad begged to get away from. He’s faced with the unenviable task of playing for one of the biggest and most well respected and known clubs in the world for three more horrible, soul-destroying years. Whilst doing so, he’ll have to settle for earning the frankly pathetic sum of fifteen million pounds. Minimum. He’ll be forced to wear Liverpool’s shitty number seven shirt. The one previously worn by Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Keegan, Ian Callaghan, and… Vladimir Smicer. He’ll have to turn up for work in his year old Lexus, train at a rubbish state of the art facility, and sign autographs outside the gates for stupid kids who are willing to forgive his every mistake. And then, when his unjust ban is finally over, he’ll be cajoled into playing in front of thousands of fans at one of the most famous grounds in world football once again.

Or he could just *bleep* off on strike.

But come on, cut him some slack, yeah? It’s not as if he’s brought any of this on himself.

By: Dr Manhattan :bow: :bow:

http://seeingredonline.com/shut-up-luis/#more-1

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow: That was beautiful
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Suarez apparently says he wants to stay at Liverpool this season.

He told Uruguayan newspaper El Observador:

"For now, due to all of the people's affection [for me], I will be staying."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm

There must be a mistranslation somewhere. Mysteriously, "Brendon Rodgers not letting me leave" transformed into "all of the people's affection"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Lex wrote:There must be a mistranslation somewhere. Mysteriously, "Brendon Rodgers not letting me leave" transformed into "all of the people's affection"
I don't think anyone believes that it really was the people's affection that might make him stay now. The rumour has it he will be offered a new contract with a release-clause this time, so Liverpool cannot in the future hold on to him against his wishes as long as the clause is met. Would make sense to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Suarez apparently says he wants to stay at Liverpool this season.

He told Uruguayan newspaper El Observador:

"For now, due to all of the people's affection [for me], I will be staying."
Suarez now apparently says he didn't say he wanted to stay at Liverpool.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Who cares until he doesnt go to Arsenal.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm

'I dont have twitter account,i never said i wanted to stay at Liverpool'.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Arsenal ain't signing shit. These wengerites are like abused wives. Laughing
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Absolute comedy Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:18 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-arsenal-hopes-reignited-after-luis-suarez-denies-saying-he-wants-to-stay-at-liverpool-8760742.html

:coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next