Lex
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
Bellabong
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Napoli Appreciation Thread AKA EPL in Decline Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Napoli Appreciation Thread AKA EPL in Decline Thread

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 am

If only Spurs AKA the best team in London were still in the CL Sad

Razz

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Napoli Appreciation Thread AKA EPL in Decline Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Napoli Appreciation Thread AKA EPL in Decline Thread

Post by Lex Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 am

They're still recovering from the bondage session you guys subjected them to last campaign
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 am

Astonishing what lack of Liverpool can do to PL's pride and performances in CL

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:33 am

Zealous wrote:If only Spurs AKA the best team in London were still in the CL Sad

Razz

Next year bud....next year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
leemhuis wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Napoli :bow:

Serie A still meh.

Why, to me it is most exciting league. All teams are very strong even for us who are the strongest club for Serie A. Yes, Milan is stronger than Juventus or Lazio or Napoli or Udines, but any day they can win us because tactical and discipline.
bexause the quality of the league is overall inferior to that of other top leagues and there are no consistent performers in the champions league. I enjoy watching it, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that they're top.

I still dnt understand the whole seria a teams are inferior hence bein more competition in the league.

The only league that is stronger than serie a in terms of quality teams is epl.

Serie has a lot more stringer teams than la liga and more than germany so i cnt see where people are pulling this crap from.

On topic great win by napoli to be honest i didnt see it comin as there form has dropped a bit where as city have gone from strength to strength.

Gotta love champions league.

Ps. Zdeko is shit !!

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:09 am

On the theory of an EPL decline that is not kneejerk reaction. My interesting 2 cents on the matter: is that if you cast your collective minds back a few years EPL teams used to occupy 3 out the 4 semi-final slots in the Champions League. I can almost guarantee that a period of dominance like that again is far far away.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 am

Bayern Munich conquered, England, Spain and Italy.

But Seria A has really Improved compared to last season.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:26 am

Idrisozet wrote:Bayern Munich conquered, England, Spain and Italy.

there are other sides which represent spain better than villareal.. not sure i can say the same about serie and epl though.. maybe milan > napoli..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 am

Idrisozet wrote:Bayern Munich conquered, England, Spain and Italy.

You only beat one English side in one frakking game.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:44 am

The EPL being the best league is a myth. For me the best league is still series A. I mean look at their cl record calciopoli slowed them down. Look at EPL dominance for you, since 2005 cl final there has been an English team in the final bar 2010 final, and only two English teams have won it, the same number as the supposedly declining series A. EPL isn't declining, more like English football being put back in its rightful place. British football just doesn't suit the European competition because of the insistence on fast pace end to end game, instead of dealing with technique and ball control. Don't know why people expect so much from the EPL. 3 cl winners and only two different clubs in the last 20+ years is a disgrace. It took mou coming to the prem to change SAF fergusons tactical philosophy, by the time he did it, la liga got their act together and in a few years series a will be back. If any English team wins the cl in thenext decade, I wil be very surprised.

That is why I feel sorry for Arsene the most, in any other eagle the man would have been a revolution, his whole philosophy is hindered by the EPL approach to football. I wish he had gone to RM.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 am

jibers wrote:The EPL being the best league is a myth. For me the best league is still series A. I mean look at their cl record calciopoli slowed them down. Look at EPL dominance for you, since 2005 cl final there has been an English team in the final bar 2010 final, and only two English teams have won it, the same number as the supposedly declining series A. EPL isn't declining, more like English football being put back in its rightful place. British football just doesn't suit the European competition because of the insistence on fast pace end to end game, instead of dealing with technique and ball control. Don't know why people expect so much from the EPL. 3 cl winners and only two different clubs in the last 20+ years is a disgrace. It took mou coming to the prem to change SAF fergusons tactical philosophy, by the time he did it, la liga got their act together and in a few years series a will be back. If any English team wins the cl in thenext decade, I wil be very surprised.

That is why I feel sorry for Arsene the most, in any other eagle the man would have been a revolution, his whole philosophy is hindered by the EPL approach to football. I wish he had gone to RM.

Some very good points but to say ull be suprised if an english team win another in the next decade is a stretch.

I mean think about city in 2 years time.

People go overboard with their hate for serie a, it isnt the best anymore but not half as bad as people make out.

We are second only to epl
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 am

*If* Dortmund win against Arsenal and Bayer against Chelsea, we can continue that with BL > EPL XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Bravo Napoli, a question if Napoli can beat 2-1 Man City - How much do you think would Napoli put in Man Utd hmm

My guess would be 6-1 Napoli against 11 men. Very Happy

But on the game, Napoli deserved it and I hope they qualify for the last 16.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm

man losing that 4th CL spot was a blessing
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3