Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona

+25
Rossoneri Ninja
Pedram
kiranr
Jack Daniels
Blackmore.
shinigami99
harhar11
Katy Perry
eelir
matpol
The Sanchez
Great Leader Sprucenuce
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
Ganso
The Franchise
Khaled
Keyzar
CBarca
Arquitecto
billionmillion
Adit
Albiceleste
Zealous
Sir Psycho
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:40 pm

I dont see why creating 2 v 1 in the fullback position is important to us.

Talking about what other teams have done to Milan is irrelevant, because we play nothing like those teams.

We had 2 v 1 on the wings in the first game, all that space did was give us the chance to cross balls. Which is something we dont and didnt do.

No matter our formation, Milan will be deep and allow us space wide. Teams defend narrow and allow that space because we never use it.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Also Zeal, we didnt fail to beat Milan at home because we failed to pull them.

We got our goals, it was Busi playing centerback that cost us the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:Also Zeal, we didnt fail to beat Milan at home because we failed to pull them.

We got our goals, it was Busi playing centerback that cost us the game.

More or less true but one of said goals was a "get out jail free" card from Messi. Those don't come off all the time despite how good he is. Had Barca done a better job of exploiting Milan's weaknesses they could have had more than two.

Milan succeeded at exploiting your weaknesses, set plays and lack of pace at the back.

Tactical battles don't always decide games or even the goals that happen in them. But they can be used to influence the game. Milan like most Italian sides bar Juve and Napoli play very narrow. You could score through the middle but that doesn't mean there isn't an easier way you could go about scoring.

If who ever play wide in the front three for Barca are supported then Barca will win and win well. My 2 cents at least.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Also Barca created more than enough chances to put Milan away at Camp Nou it had nothing to do with not pulling them around enough......

Also Nesta was playing like he did in his prime lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Understood Zeal.

Just saying, I think a change to 343 makes us better defensively against a team like Milan who play very centerally. We will have an extra player in midfield and they dont have any wingers so when we press they will be forced to kick it long. In a 433 they will have do that at times anyway, but even more so with an extra player forward for us. So the idea for the change is mainly for defensive purposes.

As for attack. I felt, like Mole, we created more then enough chances and got 2 goals. By changing we lose the advantage of our fullbacks in oceans of space, but for us, how important is that when the fullbacks dont cross the ball? Hardly any.

We play through the center anyway and we always will. The pulling from Villa and Sanchez for example will still be there and I think Pep instructed the wing players in a 343 to stay even wider then normal.

If they press us up high, then maybe we could see some problems getting out from the back but we will see just how often they do that.

If they do, I think Busquets could drop next to Pique while Mascherano and Abidal go wide like fullbacks and we have an easy way out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:43 pm

I see your point. If a draw suits Barca than playing a 3-4-3 to make the game a tight affair definitely makes sense.

I just assumed Barca would be going for the win to ensure top spot :p
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Also Barca created more than enough chances to put Milan away at Camp Nou it had nothing to do with not pulling them around enough......

Also Nesta was playing like he did in his prime lol.

This... I don't really see how the first leg is discouraging for Barca. They simply should have won. Had the chances to put the game away and let in 2 goals cheaply, the only 2 Milan shots. Its away so Milan will believe they can attack a little more, which should mean more chances for them, but also more for us. If we put our chances away, we should definitely win.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 am

Some say that Puyol may be on the right hand side though I would have a 3-4-3. Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Busquests, Xavi, Thiago, Fabregas, Sanchez, Messi, Villa. Maxwell, Kieta and Pedro will probably come on. It will be an interesting game and hopefully there will be a few words from the Barca players to Ibra. Probably Pep will have a few words as well...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 am

I have bad feeling about this game. We will play in our 3rd jerseys (that away jersey from last season, ) Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 38px-Kit_body.svg just the same like in semi-final vs Inter (that pink one, also 3rd jerseys), Iniesta is out, I think Milan may snatch a win, I would be very happy with a draw. Hopefully our unbeaten streak and Puyol unbeaten streak will go on. :dance:

Hopefully no Keita in starting XI and no JDS (I fear that Pep might put him as RB in this game Shocked )

My prediction: 1-1
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Champions League (Matchday #5): Milan vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 277479_F_C__Barcelona

I'm hoping for this.

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Some Stats (@khaledbarcelona):

#FCBarcelona Stats vs #ACMilan: 12matches (4W,4D,4L) scored 16goals and conceded 16. #fcblive

#FCBarcelona vs #ACMilan | Biggest Barca win: 5-1 (EuropeanCup1959/60) | Biggest ACMilan win: 4-0 (CL 1994) #fcblive

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Barcelona XI (vs. Milan): Valdés; Puyol, Masche, Busquets, Abidal; Keita, Xavi, Thiago; Cesc Messi, Villa.

Pique Bench why? !! @
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:Barcelona XI (vs. Milan): Valdés; Puyol, Masche, Busquets, Abidal; Keita, Xavi, Thiago; Cesc Messi, Villa.

Pique Bench why? !! @

Looks like this to me.......

Valdes
Puyol Masch Abidal
Busquets
Xavi Keita
Cesc
Thiago Messi Villa

Weird, very weird......

And Keita Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Keita :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

valdes
puyol-masch-busi-Abidal
Xavi-Keita-Thiago
Messi-Cesc-Villa
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

to me it looks like:

----------------V.V.--------------------

Masch -------- Puyol ---------Abidal

-------------- Buschi-----------------
--Xavi----------------------Keita----
--------------- Thiago --------------

Messi---------Cesc---------Villa

I don't mind Keita it's not playing Alexis that makes me sad/mad

billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:56 pm

If he plays Buschi CB Pato is gonna have a deja vu.... shit....
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Messi aint playing on the right, he aint done it for over 2 years he aint going to start now lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 pm

robinho is starting not pato,we lose finishing but we get some better dribbling and passing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Xavi! Great goal, wonderful calm, patient football. Barely broke into a sprint that whole move. Fantastic play by Keita.

I'd just like to point out guys... despite the Keita bashing, he's not a useless player. I did wonder if he might start because of his pressing abilities. This is the position he can and should play, the left of centre midfield. Offers a different option in attack and defence. The only reason he gets such criticism is when he plays at DM, which he isn't even that horrible at, its more simply that Busquets is irreplaceable there.

Thiago's playing brilliantly.

The 3-4-3 in defence is looking flimsy right now... IMO we're really missing Pique and Alves. Yes... I'd rather Alves at RCB than Puyol. Better match fitness, mobility and 1v1 defending.

Messi's struggling to get into the game which worries me, need to get him central somehow.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Messi aint playing on the right, he aint done it for over 2 years he aint going to start now lol.

Yes he is Mole... and he has done it in the last 2 years... he's done it a number of times this year actually.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Blatant penalty and Messi should learn his lesson there too lol.

Also, why was Van Bommel given the first goal? Xavi got the last touch I'm sure...

Ibra playing very well, looks like he's got a point to prove and is really playing with passion and hunger for once in his life.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Yeah, though there was a contact, Xavi went down a bit easy IMO. Tough luck for Milan
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:37 pm

asi es facil jugar, barca? smoking
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 pm

^ Bueno, el arbitro nos debia uno por el penalti que no pito en el camp nou, por la falta de Nocerino a pedro :coffee:

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 pm

As I said before, Messi and the defence are the problems to be rectified.

I expect Pep to act on the defence problem pretty quickly as it will sew up this game. Puyol hasn't been great and hasn't convinced me on that right side. Looks slow and unconvincing 1v1 and isn't able to use his real defensive skills. I'd bring on Pique as soon as possible and I also wonder why Montoya wasn't brought on this trip...

As for Messi, I'd bring him centrally. He's offered little wide, while Cesc hasn't been great through the middle. Villa's also been quite poor, but he's still offering a good outlet and just needs to put one in to get his confidence back. For me, he's hardly match fit... hasn't even been playing. Bring Sanchez on for Cesc in my opinion. This would also help our defence as Sanchez offers loads more defensively.

Thiago's been the best player on the park... what a star.

My 2nd half team...
Valdes
Mascherano Pique Abidal
Busquets
Xavi Keita
Thiago
Alexis Messi Villa

This or... just bring on Pique into a 4-3-3.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next