RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
nj
79 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Page 34 Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Motogp69 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 am

Oh, and there will be more than one throne come the end of this story, I'm willing to wager there will be three.

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 am

RealGunner wrote:Have been contemplating lately on what will happen in the future seasons. For someone who hasn't read the books, it's both easy and hard to imagine how the story will drag on to the next 4-6 books.

Starks are not interested in the throne. Stannis is a nobody however the fire witch is pretty strong but i can't see them beat the lannisters. Daenery is a strong candidate with the dragons but she seems like a kid amongst all this.

Then you have the white walkers who i think will be killed by the dragons. John Snow maybe take over the wildlings and bring them to join Robb's army. That sounds too corny though.

Who will sit on the throne in the end hmm

You have to read the books my friend...The TV show is very good, but it just cannot compete with the depth, subtlety, and complexity of the books. The way GRRM intertwines stories and plot-lines is incredible, and much easier to appreciate in book form

And if you're worried about whether reading the books will ruin the TV series for you, don't. There are plenty of people in this thread who are proof against that Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 am

Yea i am definitely going to read the books in the summer. And i am sure it won't put me off watching the Show since i did eagerly waited for Harry Potter movies to come out Razz (not the same but kinda is )

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:47 am

Swanhends wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Have been contemplating lately on what will happen in the future seasons. For someone who hasn't read the books, it's both easy and hard to imagine how the story will drag on to the next 4-6 books.

Starks are not interested in the throne. Stannis is a nobody however the fire witch is pretty strong but i can't see them beat the lannisters. Daenery is a strong candidate with the dragons but she seems like a kid amongst all this.

Then you have the white walkers who i think will be killed by the dragons. John Snow maybe take over the wildlings and bring them to join Robb's army. That sounds too corny though.

Who will sit on the throne in the end hmm

You have to read the books my friend...The TV show is very good, but it just cannot compete with the depth, subtlety, and complexity of the books. The way GRRM intertwines stories and plot-lines is incredible, and much easier to appreciate in book form

And if you're worried about whether reading the books will ruin the TV series for you, don't. There are plenty of people in this thread who are proof against that Laughing

Seconded. The books are MUCH MUCH better than the tv show. I have read four books and I feel like crying after watching the first 2 episodes of the Season 3. They have totally fu**ed up the plot lines which didnt require any changes in the first place. They have already omitted some EPIC scenes from the novel. So read the novel, starting from A game of thrones Smile
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

The first season was excellent, though. The second was very good as well. But the changes in plot may affect the series in the future.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 am

For those who read 'ADWD':
Spoiler:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Tomorrow's preview :bow:

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Game of Thrones - Page 34 Tumblr_m8g77cWfQF1qihztbo1_400
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 am

Kraznys mo Nakloz

Spoiler:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 am

Great episode :bow: :bow: Beric Dondarrion :bow:

If you can't remember him, he already appeared in the first season when Ned Stark went to Kings Landing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 am

My love for Daenerys Targaryen has just grown by 1 billion million times moreee

WHAT A BAWSSS ENDING!!!
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

Ending was pretty mint but the episode as a whole was fcking good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Definitely one of my favorite episodes of all time. Interesting to see Varys put so many of his cards on the table at once, it's very out of character for him but I can see why it was necessary. I thought it was done very well too. It might take a little bit of the sting out of a certain scene that comes a long time from now though.

The scene beyond the wall was done great. Jojen Reed is still awesome (loved his character in the book, am enjoying him in the show). Olenna and Margaery continue to be major BAs. Beric Dondarrion is hands down the coolest muthaf***er in the seven kingdoms and I'm so happy he's finally joined us. Tywin Lannister stole yet another scene.

And of course, that ending :bow: :bow: :bow: I've been waiting for that to happen all season, and my GOD they did it perfectly. Since I only read the books between Season 2 and 3, that's the best execution of any book scene I've gotten to see so far. Everything I could've hoped for.

:bow:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Tywin is a stone cold pimp. What a baws. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 pm

my queen Dany Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

I considered Daenerys a bit overrated in terms of acting over the past two seasons but she did fantastically well in this episode. Such a great job.

10/10 episode.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Daenerys Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Daenerys :bow:
Spoiler:
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Amazing episode, possibly the best of the series so far.

Dondarrion and Daenerys :bow:
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Watched the last two episodes. Two very gud episodes cheers

I think they handled that Jaime scene pretty well.
And Catelyn was really well acted.
So was the Theon scenes.
Beric Dondarrion scenes were pretty much how i pictured them. There is much badassery to follow cheers
I am content drunken
Dog banana
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Outstanding. Just awesome.

I re-read that Dany part at least 5 times in the book. One of the finest pieces of writing these eyes have seen and so finely adapted in live action as well. Extraordinary stuff. A serious power shift in the game. The challenges she has yet to come will be very entertaining though.

I think Jaime has well and truly hit rock-bottom. Losing not just his hand, but his dominant hand. You get a feeling that this added yet another layer to an already multi-faceted character. Brienne cheering him up in her gruff, hearty way was a highlight.

Lady Olenna is pretty damn awesome. Loved every one of her scenes in this episode. She was also one of my very favorite characters in the book as well. Indomitable, straightforward and damn does she tell the truth about anything and everything. She's no bullshitter and that's why she's such a fantastic character.

Margaery has got some serious game. She went straight up Jack White on Joffrey to the point where there was almost a rhythm and a melody to how she was playing him. Cunning is the word for her. Cersei's finally got worthy competition now. Need to restock on popcorn.

I think probably the least impressive scene for me was the one with the Hound and the Brotherhood. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of these chapters in the book either. Too Robin Hood like for my liking. Dondarrion is beast at least though so it'll be mildly entertaining at least.

Craster and Jeor Mormant's end was predictably frantic. I had to re-read this section of the book multiple times to keep up with who was doing what. This scene helped me understand this quite a bit better. Craster had this coming ages ago. And so begins the journey of the wildling girl and Samwell (that really sounds too much like Samwise to me...).

And then there's the scene with Tywin and Cersei. Easily my favorite of the show. I love Charles Dance in this role though I think Bill Nighy would've been just as good, but that's neither here nor there. Always loved Tywin's ability to remind us just where Tyrion and Cersei lie in the grand scheme of things. He puts them back in their places just as a father should to his kids and he does it with a ruthless, clipped and incisive way. His reproach of Cersei's failure to control her son was absolutely priceless.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 am

Dem winds of change beginning to blow inside Jaime Proud

Brienne wearing him down like the tides wear down the coastline :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 am

Speechless. Felt like crying after watching the episode lol. Absolute Masterpiece, and one of the greatest episodes i have ever seen.

Jamie and Brienne Arc

Starting to feel sorry for Jamie. Hated him before but can't help feel sorry for him. Rolling in the shit(?)/mud, then drinking horse piss. Losing hand before.

Him and Brienne sticking up for each other. Can see them escaping soon somehow.

Kings Landing Arc

Loved the scene between Lady Olenna and Varys. Some pretty amazing dialogues. The way Olenna outwitted Varys was brilliant and so natural.

Margaery has Joffery in her pockets (or cleavage). He looks like a 13 year old whenever he is with her lol

Tywin the 2nd person to tell Cersei she isn't as clever as she thinks she is. That's gotta hurt. Wonder what's Tywin's plans for Joffery though.

Brotherhood and Sam Arc

Dondarrion looks like a boss character. His fight with the Dog should be interesting.

Sam finally got his girl. However the scene was crazy when they all were attacking each other. Had no clue what was going on. But Sam's saga is another one to look out for. Wonder if he is going to meet up with John Snow.

Daenery's Arc

Proud Proud Proud

Knew she would do exactly that. There was no way she was ever going to take them as 'slaves'. Best scene of the episode. It was amazingly executed.

Although i am sure she will get into trouble somewhere later lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 am

Spoiler:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:19 am

Can someone explain to me Bran's angle in the story? scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 am

RealGunner wrote:Speechless. Felt like crying after watching the episode lol. Absolute Masterpiece, and one of the greatest episodes i have ever seen.

Jamie and Brienne Arc

Starting to feel sorry for Jamie. Hated him before but can't help feel sorry for him. Rolling in the shit(?)/mud, then drinking horse piss. Losing hand before.

Him and Brienne sticking up for each other. Can see them escaping soon somehow.

Kings Landing Arc

Loved the scene between Lady Olenna and Varys. Some pretty amazing dialogues. The way Olenna outwitted Varys was brilliant and so natural.

Margaery has Joffery in her pockets (or cleavage). He looks like a 13 year old whenever he is with her lol

Tywin the 2nd person to tell Cersei she isn't as clever as she thinks she is. That's gotta hurt. Wonder what's Tywin's plans for Joffery though.

Brotherhood and Sam Arc

Dondarrion looks like a boss character. His fight with the Dog should be interesting.

Sam finally got his girl. However the scene was crazy when they all were attacking each other. Had no clue what was going on. But Sam's saga is another one to look out for. Wonder if he is going to meet up with John Snow.

Daenery's Arc

Proud Proud Proud

Knew she would do exactly that. There was no way she was ever going to take them as 'slaves'. Best scene of the episode. It was amazingly executed.

Although i am sure she will get into trouble somewhere later lol.

You forgot Theon little adventure, the writer really trying to make him more sympathetic than he is in the book, that scene was never there. And that line " My real father lost his head at King's Landing" though memorable wasn't there either.

Also he didn't burn down Winterfell so it's weird how he confessed so.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next