Kroos vs. Muller

5 posters

Go down

Kroos vs. Muller Empty Kroos vs. Muller

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 am

I noticed something interesting, although Heynckes plays the team deeper than LVG, Bayern don't lose control or goal scoring ability. The reason is Kroos! eco smile

LVG final third:

-------------Gomez-----------
-------------Muller------------
--Ribery------------Robben--

He played Muller as SS very far forward. Bayern were much more attacking but had less control- You could interpret the formation as a possession based 4-2-3-1 eco smile

Now, Heynckes plays as followed:

------------Gomez------------
Ribery---------------Robben-
-----------Kroos---------------

Jup plays possession based 4-3-3 with Kroos actually Very Happy It gives Bayern more control and protection in midfield. I saw the opta stats on distance covered by players in Man City/ Napoli games. Kroos covers just as much as piggy, both at 10km+ each! eco smile Kroos also takes the burden from piggy to create from deep and is an extra passing outlet for the team (Robbery). The other interesting stats, Kroos ball possession and passing in upper midfield under pressure are phenomenal for his age. He rarely misplaced a pass in final third eco smile

All in all, Kroos suits Heynckes tactics in the middle more than Muller, so if you see Robben start, Muller would be the one who'll be dropped Very Happy

By the way, Kroos is a big game player. He steps up in CL, look at his heat maps:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=331182&cc=5739 (Napoli home)
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=331229&cc=5739 (Napoli away)
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=331196&league=UEFA.CHAMPIONS&cc=5739 (Sh!tty home)

The distance that was covered by Kroos in the 3-2 Napoli win were astounding 11232m for someone of his age group! :lol!: Keep in mind that Bayern pass more than run! He still topped in that category eco smile
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/live/day=4/session=2/match=2007625/index.html (Napoli home)

Against Man City, he didn't play 90min but by the time he was subbed off he ran impressive 10240m!(10 minutes before FT) Very Happy
http://www.uefa.com/match-centre/cup=1/season=2012/day=2/session=1/match=2007585/index.html

I'd say his role in Bayern is VERY underrated. In midfield, he is the second most important guy next to piggy and Ribery eco smile

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Kroos vs. Muller Empty Re: Kroos vs. Muller

Post by The Messiah Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:27 am

I dont know who Jupp is going to bench as soon as Robben returns
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Robben will be used more as a wild card for tough games or as an extra tactical option. Also, we can't rely on 1 player for the whole season, injuries, fatigue and all.

Yeah, Kroos has been great this season, his passing has been top notch and he's definitely given Schweini and co more breathing space.

But why the comparison to Mueller?

We'd be toast without Mueller. His workrate, ability to pull defenders off position, overall skills and goal threat still cannot be replaced by anyone Very Happy I say they compliment each other very well, even if Kroos drags Mueller off position, he still plays beast on that wing.

It's funny you posting distance stats, because Bayern are supposedly lazy as shit in the league. Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Why the comparison to Muller? If Robben starts, one of them will start ahead of piggy+DM. Isn't it kinda obvious? eco smile
The question was, who'll be kept in the starting eleven by Heynckes. I tried to explain that tactically keeping Kroos makes more sense eco smile
Also, Bayern press like crazy in CL eco smile A CL games is very different for Bayern, you could see the difference in the games afterwards, Gomez is usually meh eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Alaba feels more comfortable in CM than Kroos Very Happy Also, Heynckes started him over Muller eco smile
It paid off, his performance was superb eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Alaba is a natural CM. It's what he's played in the reserves and what he was playing at Hoffenheim, replacing Gustavo when we bought him.

He's played on the wing probably to get him playing time and because he plays decently there, but his future is down the middle.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Jupp Heynckes will rotate them.

Muller as CF for Gomez. -> Gomez can be restet (Olic is also fit again)

Muller as RW -> Robben restet

Muller as AM behind Gomez -> Kroos restet

I think at the moment it is really important that arjen gets playing time to adept to the flow of the team.
Also Gomez does not look really fit in the last two games he played. I would start next game with Muller as CF and rest Gomez
Neo
Neo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 am

I personally, don't care who is better..
I'm sure that Müller is only off-form atm, he needs some rest.

All what I care about is that we have those 2 good playes, beside Robben and Ribéry and of course Alaba.. and soon Reus.

Rotation, Depth and Quality above everything.. and everyone is happy..
Life is much easier for us.

The black Era are just ereased slowly from our memories, and I'm loving the whole team.
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:02 pm

The team is pretty much perfect. Starting wise, we could maybe only improve our central defense, but apart from that, all we need are depth signings.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down