shinigami99
ToEy
windkick
68 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:"Our financial situation is bad, there is nothing I can do about Thiago," he is quoted by La Stampa as saying.

"I have been offered €46 million."

Berlusconi.

So, there goes the untouchable Thiago Silva myth....

Not saying we should spend 46m on him, not at all...but there goes a world class centerback and we havent done squat.

Wouldn't say we did squat. I'm sure we discussed it with them and tried to contact the agent. We offered 30m reportedly... we just don't have the cash PSG has.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Indeed Doest, but your correct, as great as Silva is (best in the game imo) I wouldnt lose our Thiago in the process of getting him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Salary talks.He is almost getting 10 million a year at PSG as salary, that is 50 million in 5 years. He wouldve declined Barca with eyes closed.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Kizz, like I said to BC, I find it hard to believe we offered, Thiago Silva knew about it, allowed Milan to say no and then will head off to PSG.

He could easily say to Milan, if your selling me, then its going to be the Barca not PSG and Milan would have no real choice. Even if for the lesser fee.

edit: Money adit? We pay very high wages and at the end of the day, we are Barca...they are PSG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I would be absolutely ecstatic if Hummels were to replace Thiago Silva, however it's about as likely as Thiago staying with us at this point in time. I've admired Hummels for a long time, however we've not yet shown an interest in sourcing players from Germany and I believe such a trend shall continue unfortunately. The point you brought out about Puyol's ability to help Hummels is important actually, even if it's only on the training ground.

Also Dani I'm actually disappointed that Barcelona didn't push harder for Silva in the end. I was honestly under the impression that he was unsellable, however not only has this happened, it's happened so suddenly and with no honesty whatsoever from our management, Braida even tried to deny it yesterday. I'd be quite willing to sell Thiago Silva to you for a lower fee if Alcantara were included in the deal, though I'm sure everyone here would be very reluctant to see such a genuinely fantastic midfielder lost in the deal.

You come here with evil intentions hmm
I would bludgeon Rossell if Alcantara is ever sold or exchanged.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Possibly..but I doubt it.

If Thiago Silva was aware we were offering (in this hypothetical situation) he would very much likely say, it doesnt matter what PSG offer, im not going.

Accept the Barca deal if you want any money out of me.
I don't know, he's getting offered 9M a year by PSG. That might be enough incentive to look over not playing for Barca.

Anyways, Milan probably wouldn't sell for an un-outrageous price, they would rather not sell at all in that case, and I don't see Rosell offering anything outrageous. The most we were rumored to offer was 25M + Afellay. What's Afellay's fair value? 10M? 35M sounds far from that 46.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Come on dude, Barca at best will offer him 5 million a year wage. This is probably Silvas last big contract as he is 28 this july.While PSG is offering 10 mill a year salary.Thats a Big difference ,Barca or not.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm

As soon as PSG came in we were never going to get Silva, we should try for Subotic.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:Kizz, like I said to BC, I find it hard to believe we offered, Thiago Silva knew about it, allowed Milan to say no and then will head off to PSG.

He could easily say to Milan, if your selling me, then its going to be the Barca not PSG and Milan would have no real choice. Even if for the lesser fee.

edit: Money adit? We pay very high wages and at the end of the day, we are Barca...they are PSG.

I don't think this is true. It is not Thiago Silva pushing the transfer but AC Milan who find PSG's offer impossible to refuse. EXACTLY the same situation with Kaká where he said he would only leave if AC Milan want to sell him. I believe if Barça equalled the rumoured €46, Silva would have snatched the deal.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Not saying he should be considered as a first optio, but have you guys checked, Shalke’s Kyriakos Papadopoulos?
Great defender and only 21 yo. Kinda slow for Barca tho
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Don't know much about him, but he impressed me the two matches I have seen from him in Euro 2012.

He is similarly paced to Piqué I think.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Yes he’s slow, but really strong with good positioning. And great on the air, something Barca needs…
Anyway, that’s just me promoting Greek players lol
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah, PSG's money and wages are such an elure the best player they have signed so far is.......Pastore lol

Yes, money is a factor obviously, but Thiago Silva if he isnt insane, would choose Barca over PSG. Let us not pretend that at Barca he would be earning pennies.

It doesnt matter of Silva isnt pushing for the deal, he isnt blind and deaf, he would know if Barca are intrested.

The order of events would be (in this hypothetical situation Barca tried to sign him).

Barca offer 30m/20m plus players/whatever, Milan say no. TS doesnt want to leave.

PSG offer 48m, Milan say yes. TS doesnt want to leave, but Milan have accepted the bid.

TS agent informs him, Barca are still intrested. TS weighs up the options.

TS and his agent inform Milan they will only accept a transfer to Barca.

PSG's money and Milans intrest in accepting the most money become irrelevant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Hence there is no way Barcelona are going to get Thiago Silva. Simply because he actually doesn't want to leave, AC Milan won't let him go for less than forty whatever million Euros and I don't see Barça matching close to PSG's offer.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:I don't think Pique's has been bad for 1,5 years at all.

He was very important for us in 2010/11 season, one of the most important players in the team (our last CB). He was a bit inconsistent that season, but generally good and extremely important.

The 2011/12 season, he really has been very poor in some games, but he hasn't been poor every game he has played. In the end, we lost vs. Madrid and Chelsea, the defining moments of the season, more because of 343 and because Pique wasn't playing than anything else. Mascherano has been great the whole season, and bluffer terribly in those matches...

Also, Pique had a great Cup final and I'm pretty sure he'll have a good Eurocup.

I agree about your considerations about CB pairings.

He has been inconsistent since January last.We discussed Pique's poor form a lot during the tail end of last season.I am sure the threads are still there.
But he stepped up in the big games.
This season he has been very poor.At one point he got yellow cards in 6 consecutive games.Dont care if they were soft,6 in a row is just unacceptable.
So an entire season and the second half of last season.Its too long and we just cant afford his punk act next season.

Yes, we discussed about that but I never agreed that Pique was bad.

Yes, he was inconsitent last season, but definitely not bad. In general, his season was good - to very good. He basically saved our ass by being the last CB available.

Neither he has been that bad this season, he has only been really bad in a couple of games, Osasuna and Betis mainly.

Also, yellow cards don't assess performance for a defender, and much less when they play for us, when refs give yellow cards to our player for every foul they commit.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:07 pm

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:I don't think Pique's has been bad for 1,5 years at all.

He was very important for us in 2010/11 season, one of the most important players in the team (our last CB). He was a bit inconsistent that season, but generally good and extremely important.

The 2011/12 season, he really has been very poor in some games, but he hasn't been poor every game he has played. In the end, we lost vs. Madrid and Chelsea, the defining moments of the season, more because of 343 and because Pique wasn't playing than anything else. Mascherano has been great the whole season, and bluffer terribly in those matches...

Also, Pique had a great Cup final and I'm pretty sure he'll have a good Eurocup.

I agree about your considerations about CB pairings.

He has been inconsistent since January last.We discussed Pique's poor form a lot during the tail end of last season.I am sure the threads are still there.
This season he has been very poor.At one point he got yellow cards in 6 consecutive games.Dont care if they were soft,6 in a row is just unacceptable.
So an entire season and the second half of last season.Its too long and we just cant afford his punk act next season.

We discussed Pique's poor form a lot during the tail end of last season.I am sure the threads are still there.

Yes, we discussed about that but I never agreed that Pique was bad.

Yes, he was inconsitent last season, but definitely not bad. In general, his season was good - to very good. He basically saved our ass by being the last CB available.

Neither he has been that bad this season, he has only been really bad in a couple of games, Osasuna and Betis mainly.

Also, yellow cards don't assess performance for a defender, and much less when they play for us, when refs give yellow cards to our player for every foul they commit.

Last CB available last season.I think you are forgetting a certain Abidal who before the tumor stepped up big time and was our best defender(both CB and LB).You are also forgetting Masch who stepped up big time at CB.
if you think Pique has been bad in just a couple of games this season,then I have nothing to say.In my opinion he has been very poor this season.lets just agree to disagree.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm

I said "really bad". Surely he has been bad in other games, or not as good as he used to be. But can't remember other games when he really cost us.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 pm

How would you guys feel about DDR as a CB? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:53 pm

He is not bad, he is a very intelligent player, great in positioning, gives it his all, a real leader. But I can say for sure he won't leave Roma. MANY big teams have been trying to sign him since he was 20 and he himself rejects them every time. He's a giallorossi legend.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am

According to Daily Mail, Liverpool are willing to pay Barcelona close to €9 million for Tello.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am

Tello should stay with us one more season. I love him as a super-sub.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 am

danyjr wrote:According to Daily Mail, Liverpool are willing to pay Barcelona close to €9 million for Tello.

Club has already said he will join the preseason tour :coffee:

Cuenca is the one I'd take offers for, but now he's injured.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 am

Talking about preseason, who do you want to see play? Anyway, with Netherlands most probable going out of group stages and Afellay playing an average two games, will the bid for him go any higher? If not, don't sell him please... Sad
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Leonardo has dismissed PSG's interest in Dani Alves, as well as Ibra, Higgy, and Maicon. banana
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How would you guys feel about DDR as a CB? hmm

Unhappy lol

Great player, but not a CB.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
danyjr wrote:According to Daily Mail, Liverpool are willing to pay Barcelona close to €9 million for Tello.

Club has already said he will join the preseason tour :coffee:

Cuenca is the one I'd take offers for, but now he's injured.

got a list or a site that has the full tour dates and locations? Thanks
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next