Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Amar
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup  Empty Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has stated that the European Club Association (ECA) wants Fifa and Uefa to pay their players during major tournaments.

Rosell feels that the current situation, where clubs pay their players although they are not available, is unfair and is hopeful that football's governing bodies are open to change

"Will clubs ask Fifa and Uefa to pay players during the World Cup or European Championship? This is what we are discussing with both institutions," Rosell said to reporters in Doha.

"That could happen in the near future because we don't think it's fair that we pay the salaries and they use our players and they get income using our players.

"This is something that has to be treated very seriously. We hope they will hear what we want to tell them."

The Barcelona president then went on to say that the ECA wants Uefa to make changes to the Champions League in order to increase income for the clubs.

"We want to have the Champions League under the umbrella of Uefa, but we also want Uefa to hear our demands. We are asking for more revenue. We are asking for governance, transparency and insurance.

"We would like to have a Champions League with more teams. That means, one day we can play a Barcelona v Manchester United Champions League game on Saturday or Sunday."

Rosell recently stated that it would benefit the top clubs if domestic leagues were reduced to 16 teams in order to give them more opportunities to increase their income.

--------------------

Same interview as the other thread, with a different focus.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup  Empty Re: Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup

Post by Lex Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 am

This guy has an unhealthy obsession with money
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup  Empty Re: Barcelona's Sandro Rosell: Fifa should pay players during World Cup

Post by Amar Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 am

Its the same focus. Money.

Less league games = more CL games = more money

Not having to pay player's salaries during tournaments = saving money

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:16 am

I agree with this one tho......

Why should club pay the wages of the players when they are at a tournament which is governed by Fifa.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:17 am

He is not wrong here though. FIFA makes ridiculous Money off those competitions
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 am

He is talking sense.
Its ridiculous that a club has to pay money when a player is off playing at an international tournament.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 pm

He is right, no question about that.

The only issue is, they NT´s dont choose how much to pay the players, the clubs do.

If I am the Ivory Coast, as great as Yaya is, I dont want to pay 250k a week just because Man City are crazy enough to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

I wouldn't even take money to represent my country. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I'd gladly play for my country for free. Granted I'm already rich but still.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:45 pm

I'm a lover, not an earner.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by idathompson Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 pm

If a player won't play I think he must not get pay.. Enjoyment of playing must be given more weight than the money that will be earned.. Wink

idathompson
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/bfifa2014

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:24 pm

I’ve already paid more than a reasonable amount to my country for unjustified taxes so I cannot adopt this idealistic stance.
Of course I come form Greece whose governments have a knack of eating taxpayers’ money…
Anyway the guy is right
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 pm

I can't see how it is right at all, NT duty is just that, duty. And since it is the clubs that specify the ridicilous wages; NT should not curry the burden of their extravagance.

Rosell is forgetting NTs have more power and could theoretically stop all their players from playing for their respective clubs. He is also forgetting how clubs are really fragile businesses and are not in the market of making money as he so adamant in implementing.

Not to mention that the players pay taxes to the country they are playing in, and therefore playing for their NT is a form of taxation.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:34 pm

^^^^ Suspect since hen playing for your NT is a form of taxation ? NT cannot stop players from playing for their clubs.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLS7 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I dont care if FIFA is the one that pays, but if National Teams have to pay, then i dislike that piece of a *bleep* of the Barcelona President.

Barca Presi. You are a corrupt bitch, just as Blatter and everybody that runs football. You can die and i would not care.

LordLS7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Magricos wrote:^^^^ Suspect since hen playing for your NT is a form of taxation ? NT cannot stop players from playing for their clubs.

I am saying that it can be considered a form of taxation, since they don't pay taxes for their countries.

And yes, NT duty comes over club duty since FIFA has international labor law on their side. You need the country of birth's approval and the country of work. Both will comply with FIFA if asked.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Would the Cameroon FA pay eto 480k p/w ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Magricos wrote:^^^^ Suspect since hen playing for your NT is a form of taxation ? NT cannot stop players from playing for their clubs.

I am saying that it can be considered a form of taxation, since they don't pay taxes for their countries.

And yes, NT duty comes over club duty since FIFA has international labor law on their side. You need the country of birth's approval and the country of work. Both will comply with FIFA if asked.

A NT cannot stop you from playing forever.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Magricos wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

A country can stop you from playing forever.

A country can stop you from playing for certain places forever, unless you do like Di Stephano back then and change nationality. However, some of these players come from oppressive governments who would not hesitate to have their family hostage if such a situation arrived.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

What i meant was cannot but you get the point. I know the rule but I think if players needed to get around it they would.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:49 pm

LordLS7 wrote:I dont care if FIFA is the one that pays, but if National Teams have to pay, then i dislike that piece of a *bleep* of the Barcelona President.

Barca Presi. You are a corrupt bitch, just as Blatter and everybody that runs football. You can die and i would not care.

rosell is gready guy, proven by his reason statement about cutting down the league to earn more money and putting a sponsor on the shirt of barcelona, but how is he corrupt if he says that FIFA(not the NT) should pay the players for international tournaments? Suspect

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Magricos wrote: What i meant was cannot but you get the point. I know the rule but I think if players needed to get around it they would.

Many countries would rather destroy a footballers career than have that footballer have his own way. Some countries governments are just assholes.

Regardless, Rosell is just increasing the existing tension between FIFA and UEFA with the clubs. If he does not want to spend too much on players he should talk to the other clubs on inflation rather than suggest countries pay their players for NT duty.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 pm

The next thing is that Rosel is talking about Fifa and Uefa paying.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Magricos wrote: The next thing is that Rosel is talking about Fifa and Uefa paying.

Both organizations are non-profit, which ideally means that they reinvest their income in things best for football although we all know that income "disappears".

So Both can't pay for the player's use since they make no "profit" out of them nor does the NT federations. Ideally, only the host country and various companies get some profit and all the excess income is then reinvested in football.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLS7 Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 pm

harhar11 wrote:
LordLS7 wrote:I dont care if FIFA is the one that pays, but if National Teams have to pay, then i dislike that piece of a *bleep* of the Barcelona President.

rosell is gready guy, proven by his reason statement about cutting down the league to earn more money and putting a sponsor on the shirt of barcelona, but how is he corrupt if he says that FIFA(not the NT) should pay the players for international tournaments? Suspect

He is corrupt, fact. I just brought it into this discussion.

LordLS7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next