Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia! - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia!

+20
Lex
Raptorgunner
usman111
beatrixasdfghjk.
boss
REWB
EL Patron
SamuelJayC
Ali
ArsenalWenger
A Gunner
Jamin
Sushi Master
Spider
El Gunner
Kiwigunner
Sri
TalkingReckless
RealGunner
Jay29
24 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia! - Page 5 Empty Re: Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia!

Post by Sri Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 pm

@Ali : Love your sig man! Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia! - Page 5 Empty Re: Pre-Season Friendly Thread: We're off to Asia!

Post by Ali Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 pm

srigooner wrote:@Ali : Love your sig man! Smile

thank you so much bro Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Between them, Fabregas, Van Persie and Vermaelen started just 46 out of a possible 114 Premier League games last season. #justsaying
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Thats not "just saying" but "saying a lot" Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Between them, Fabregas, Van Persie and Vermaelen started just 46 out of a possible 114 Premier League games last season. #justsaying

that is unfair since Vermaelen missed most of those games lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 pm

probable arsenal 11 for tomorrow guys ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:23 pm

sadly I going to have to miss out on this game due to school. Hopefully we do well! What time does it start though? In canada?

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 pm

I think we'll go with mostly fringe and reserve players tomorrow and then play a stronger team against Hangzhou Greentown since they're much strong opposition.

Mannone

Jenkinson --- Squillaci --- Vermaelen --- Traore

Frimpong --- Ramsey

Walcott --- Nasri --- Miyaichi

Chamakh

Apparently Nasri played central and Miyaichi on the left in the most recent training game, so we may see that tomorrow.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:33 pm

I expect van persie to play at some point in all the games. Same with wilshire.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:probable arsenal 11 for tomorrow guys ?

Won't we be playing a different 11 in each half?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Djourou: “It's good to have a different environment for the team and for the supporters as well. We are enjoying it.”

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Vermaelen: "The fans love Arsenal and you could see that [at the signing session]. It's good to see that we are popular around the world. I don't think Malaysian fans are different to English fans though, the English are respectful to players too and always support the team no matter what."

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Malaysia XI 0 - 4 Arsenal
Arsenal put in a good performance to begin their pre-season and dispatched this Malaysian XI without much difficulty. Typically the pace of the game was pretty slow and not many chances were created from either side, but Arsenal looked comfortable, played some good stuff and scored some excellent goals.

Defensively though, Arsenal were caught out at times. It may just be because of a lack of match practice, but Arsenal's defensive line was, on ocassion, caught too high up and a couple of offside traps failed. In fact if not for the linesman giving the wrong decision Malaysia XI probably would have scored at least one goal. It's certainly something that Arsenal need to work on, in order to ensure that the same thing doesn't happen to often when the season starts.

We weren't tested a lot from set-pieces, either. Malaysia's set-pieces were pretty horrible, so it'll be interesting to see how we cope in other games this pre-season.

There were no real tactical differences today. With Ramsey and Wilshere on together we played 4-3-3 with Wilshere breaking forward more often. When Rosicky came on, we went back to 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey and Frimpong playing in the double pivot. Other than that, there was lots of interchanging and players swapping positions, as you'd expect in a game essientially designed to show off to masses of fans watching.

Player Ratings

Wojciech Szczesny - 6.
Untested for the time he was on. Only real save he had to make was from a cross-shot that threatened to loop in, but the Polish keeper managed to tip it over the bar.

Laurent Koscielny - 6. Barely had anything to do, but didn't put a foot wrong.

Thomas Vermaelen - 6. Looked close to his best. Was dominant for the 45 minutes he played. Didn't let anyone past him and won nearly every header. One bad moment though was his failure to step out with the rest of his defence to play offside and he was fortunate that the linesman got the decision wrong.

Carl Jenkinson - 7.
Really solid debut. Out of all the Arsenal defenders he was the one that was tested the most. Up against a pacey winger, Jenkinson diplayed decent pace and good energy by keeping up with him and not letting a cross come in. He also supported the attack well; one particular highlight being a cross to Carlos Vela in the second half.

Kieran Gibbs - 6. Didn't look very solid. Was beaten easily one too many times, but did support the attack well.

Alex Song - 6. It was pretty much a stroll for Song. Didn't have to do too much defensive work and had plenty of room to pass the ball.

Jack Wilshere - 7.
Good, dynamic performance from Wilshere. An indicator that he's rested well after not going to the U21 Euros. Wilshere got around the pitch, played some nice lobbed through balls and won the penalty for Arsenal's first goal with an incisive run forward.

Aaron Ramsey - 8.
The Ramsey we're used to seeing. Typically accurate with his passing, he controlled the game for large periods. His pass to Walcott for the second goal was something even Fabregas would be proud of. He got forward well and should have scored another goal. Took his penalty well.

Theo Walcott - 7.
Drfited in and out of the game. He put in two very good crosses that, unfortunately, weren't converted and his finish for the second goal was classy. It's a sign of his confidence in front of goal.

Ryo Miyaichi - 6. Perhaps not involved enough in the attack, though he did show flashes of his dribbling ability and pace. He did, however, cover a lot of ground. He frequently tracked back and applied pressure to the opposition. Hopefully in the next game we'll see more of his attacking talents.

Marouane Chamakh - 5. Just looked a bit lazy out there and hardly did anything. Needs to work harder in the next game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Vito Mannone - 6. Didn't have anything to do. Holdig onto the ball for longer than six seconds was idiotic, though.

Sebastien Squillaci - 6.
Did well. Made no mistakes, which, by his standards, is pretty good.

Johan Djourou - 6. Also did well. Didn't have much to do, though he had one or two lapses of concentration.

Bacary Sagna - 6.
Got forward well. Didn't have much defending to do.

Armand Traore - 6.
He was better than Gibbs, I thought.

Emmanuel Frimpong - 6. Good to see him back playing after his injury.

Denilson - N/A. Strange decision to put him on then take him off after twenty minutes. He wasn't happy about it, and neither would I if I'm being perfectly honest.

Tomas Rosicky - 7. A good showing from the Czech. He set-up Carlos Vela for the third, and scored the fourth with a brave header.

Samir Nasri - 6. Looked lively when he came on. Certainly didn't look like someone who didn't want to be there.

Carlos Vela - 7.
Took his goal with typical class, but also wasted a couple of really good opportunities. When the pressure if off and there's hardly any physicality you expect Vela to do well. Hopefully he can replicate the same sort of performance when the season starts.

Andrey Arshavin - 7. Typical Arshavin. Barely does anything and then pops up with a good bit of play to set-up a goal.

Robin van Persie - 6. Went through the motions a little, I think.

Final Verdict

A good start against a team that wasn't expect to give us much of a challenge. No real concerns as of yet. Hopefully we put in a similar, if not better, performance against Hangzhou Greentown this weekend. The preview, of which, will be up either Thurday or Firday evening.

On a side note. Arsenal Player's commentators are idiots who don't know what they're talking about.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:47 pm

great review

I know it was a friendly but if u remember traore was kinda crap against that random austria side we played last season. On the contrary today he looked much better, and i think juve loan really helped him develop as a player

He is fast and big, if he can sort out his positional sense then we will have 2 excellent LB's in gibbs and traore, potential wise anyways.

Frimpong i thought was quite decent as well when he came on. He is really strong isnt he ?

vela should definately stay with arsenal. Think hes bulked up a bit and looks a better player then he was with us before WBA loan.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:50 pm

I am impressed with Vela and Jenkinson.

Need to see more of Ryo to have an opinion.

Walcott finish was good.

Ramsey - good lad. Good game.

Wilshere - Good game again. Him and Rambo are truly our future. Would like to see him be a bit more careful though, can't make that many fouls. You can't just shove people off the ball either!

Frimpong - poor when he gave away the ball towards the end, but he was okay otherwise.

Nasri - Is it just me or this guy more selfish than he should be? I would like him to try passing and assisting, instead of going for glory every single time.

Vela - Good touches, good finish, missed one but was active and I am pretty happy with him.

Rosicky - Was wasteful initially but glad he got on the scoresheet. Want to see him replicate his old form, to be honest.

Denilson - FAIL. Plays for 20 minutes and still managed to frak up with that pass back which almost had us in trouble. OUT, PLEASE!

Chamakh - I have been patient and supportive through his poor form in the latter half of the season. But he has to realize that his job is not only to get the knock downs but also to score. He is a STRIKER for heavens sake! I want to see a better performance or would rather Vela played over him.

Mannone - Didn't have much to do. 6.25 seconds was a little dumb, but it was a close call anyway. Need to see him more. Don't see him push Fabianski out of second spot though.

Traore - He came on when the game was pretty comfortable for us. But tbh, I felt he had a much better game than our man Gibbs. Showed good energy and was decent going forward. Tried a dribble too many sometimes, but on the whole, I felt he was pretty decent.

Just my take on some of the players today. Expect a better display against Greentown.

Arsenal Player commentators - Where did we find these clowns? It took them a while to recognise the players who came on in the second half. Had some shoddy comments. Lackluster really. Worst part was when they though Gervinho will play ST and RvP would drop back as a SS. Gervinho is a RW/SS, not a first choice ST! #failfailfail

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

didnt watch the match but from what you're saying Vela had a good game.

i wish him all the best but he'll turn out as another bendtner or denilson really. potential wise he's good but he's not worth a starting place tbh.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:57 pm

No man.. He played much better today than Bendy has done all year.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 pm

I have high hopes from Vela.. Would definitely not want to see him disappoint..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 pm

srigooner wrote:I am impressed with Vela and Jenkinson.

Need to see more of Ryo to have an opinion.

Walcott finish was good.

Ramsey - good lad. Good game.

Wilshere - Good game again. Him and Rambo are truly our future. Would like to see him be a bit more careful though, can't make that many fouls. You can't just shove people off the ball either!

Frimpong - poor when he gave away the ball towards the end, but he was okay otherwise.

Nasri - Is it just me or this guy more selfish than he should be? I would like him to try passing and assisting, instead of going for glory every single time.

Vela - Good touches, good finish, missed one but was active and I am pretty happy with him.

Rosicky - Was wasteful initially but glad he got on the scoresheet. Want to see him replicate his old form, to be honest.

Denilson - FAIL. Plays for 20 minutes and still managed to frak up with that pass back which almost had us in trouble. OUT, PLEASE!

Chamakh - I have been patient and supportive through his poor form in the latter half of the season. But he has to realize that his job is not only to get the knock downs but also to score. He is a STRIKER for heavens sake! I want to see a better performance or would rather Vela played over him.

Mannone - Didn't have much to do. 6.25 seconds was a little dumb, but it was a close call anyway. Need to see him more. Don't see him push Fabianski out of second spot though.

Traore - He came on when the game was pretty comfortable for us. But tbh, I felt he had a much better game than our man Gibbs. Showed good energy and was decent going forward. Tried a dribble too many sometimes, but on the whole, I felt he was pretty decent.

Just my take on some of the players today. Expect a better display against Greentown.

Arsenal Player commentators - Where did we find these clowns? It took them a while to recognise the players who came on in the second half. Had some shoddy comments. Lackluster really. Worst part was when they though Gervinho will play ST and RvP would drop back as a SS. Gervinho is a RW/SS, not a first choice ST! #failfailfail

Fabianski is our 1st choice GK
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Spider wrote:

Lol.. not sure about that one man.. Szczesny has been doing well in the absence of Fabianski.. Hes going to throw a mighty tantrum if we play Fabi ahead of him come the new season... I think we'll rotate the somehow..

Unfortunately, Wenger tries to rely on the same keeper unless he buggers up real bad.. Szczesny also said recently that he "wants to be our first choice gk for 15 years to come".. That really gives me a feeling he'll get the nod ahead of Fabianski though..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Szczesny is 1st.....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

szczesny deserves to be no1 and about traore he showed some energy but he lost his position sometimes when he tried to dribble and could put us in trouble.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm

srigooner wrote:
Spider wrote:

Lol.. not sure about that one man.. Szczesny has been doing well in the absence of Fabianski.. Hes going to throw a mighty tantrum if we play Fabi ahead of him come the new season... I think we'll rotate the somehow..

Unfortunately, Wenger tries to rely on the same keeper unless he buggers up real bad.. Szczesny also said recently that he "wants to be our first choice gk for 15 years to come".. That really gives me a feeling he'll get the nod ahead of Fabianski though..

So after all this improvements he has done to himself , and finally showing his real ability , you think wenger will say ” oh sorry fabi all this shit means nothing to us we have now a younger inexperinced GK to replace you , P.S Have fun with your injury )

Pff no way man , yes Woj deserve to be 1st but not as much as Fabianski

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Even after all his improvements before his injury I dont know why but my heart stops beating when the ball is in the air and going into our penalty box. I am just not comfortable with Fabianski in goal even after all his improvement.

But with Szczesny in goal I am a bit more relaxed.

If you put szczesny and Fabi head to head in their goal keeping attributes I think Woj will win by a slight margin. BUT thats my personal thought
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 pm

I am with Mani on this one man.. I am very appreciative of Fabi's improved form, but we have known for a while now.. Its a tough task for Wenger to decide and I'll put my trust in his decision.. Personally though, Cheesy makes me feel a little more relaxed.. He is a more commanding GK..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:31 am

i don't think fabianski is on the trip! I guess he's leaving
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next