Yuri Yukuv
futbol_bill
teza1992
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lass is a boss RB - Page 2 Empty Re: Lass is a boss RB

Post by H.A. Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 am

Still prefer robocop there, would like to watch varane have a go in an official match

Lass still isn't even close to crucial to our team, but a nice option to have.

H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Lass is a handy guy to have around as long as he's ok with being the handy guy. But then again, we already bought another handy guy (Coentrao). Ragardless, having guys on the bench that can play 2-3 positions is a great thing. It allows for Castilla players to be called up, for example, since you have more covered with less bodies.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Lass had a good game at RB, but are we really gonna use one game to say he is good at RB? What if Bastos played? I am sure you wouldn't have even made this thread.

Arbeloa >>>>>>>> Lass
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 am

sportsczy wrote:Lass is a handy guy to have around as long as he's ok with being the handy guy. But then again, we already bought another handy guy (Coentrao). Ragardless, having guys on the bench that can play 2-3 positions is a great thing

Lass being the handy guy suits him. Coentrao on the other hand is too good to be just the handy guy.

It's weird that lass hates playing rb. He seems to enjoy holding & running with the ball a lot, thing he shouldn't / couldn't do well when playing in midfield which make him looked lost & clueless like a headleass chicken there sometimes, while he looked mighty good and much more comfortable doing that on the flank, at least from what I saw vs lyon.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:58 am

Blanc interview on l'Equipe yday:

Concerning Toulalan and Lass, is it over for them with the France NT?

No (silence). If i am to call on Lass, it cannot be for RB. We know his potential and we keep an eye on him. These 2 players are on my list of 35 players.

Blanc gave him a subtle message that he would be on the team if he were to play fullback...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 am

Even Mou singles out Lass for his good performance against Lyon:

"I know Lass since he was 18 years old and I know what he can do as a right or left back. He gave a great performance tonight in a position that isn't naturally his."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Even Mou singles out Lass for his good performance against Lyon:

"I know Lass since he was 18 years old and I know what he can do as a right or left back. He gave a great performance tonight in a position that isn't naturally his."

Oh come on, that's just Mou being Mou. He's boosting morale and telling other teams that we have such depth that we can even put Lass in at RB and still not concede a goal. I'm afraid you are really overrating him Sports.

I'm expecting Mou to try Altintop at this position, given the injuries right now, in the next 2 games. I would venture to say that he will look just as good as Lass. He did have an OK day, but to say he is great that's really stretching it. He adequately filled in, but don't make it out to be any more than that.

Speaking about RB, given Ramos performance at CB, Mou will be inclined to leave him there and so there is a spot at RB. I say the canditates (essentially to back up Arbeloa) are Albiol, Carvalho, Varane, Lass and Altintop. Probably in that order.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Even Mou singles out Lass for his good performance against Lyon:

Oh come on, that's just Mou being Mou. He's boosting morale and telling other teams that we have such depth that we can even put Lass in at RB and still not concede a goal. I'm afraid you are really overrating him Sports.

I'm expecting Mou to try Altintop at this position, given the injuries right now, in the next 2 games. I would venture to say that he will look just as good as Lass. He did have an OK day, but to say he is great that's really stretching it. He adequately filled in, but don't make it out to be any more than that.

Speaking about RB, given Ramos performance at CB, Mou will be inclined to leave him there and so there is a spot at RB. I say the canditates (essentially to back up Arbeloa) are Albiol, Carvalho, Varane, Lass and Altintop. Probably in that order.

Only reason Albiol came in was because Coentrao was injured and Lass had to move to LB... It was either Albiol, Varane or Carvajal to replace Lass on the right for the Lyon game. Right now, Lass is Arbeloa's backup at RB and 3rd at LB. I expect to see Lass start at RB until Arbeloa returns.

I'm not saying he's great now. But he was very good. It's interesting that all the media, French, English, etc., thought he played very well and Madrid fans pretty much hate on him. He's been shit at midfield... no argument there. But he was solid at RB. Everyone's been telling him to move to fullback since last summer. Maybe he'll finally listen.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 pm

I can't agree with you. The Spanish press are not saying what you have sauid the french and english media have done. Sure Albiol, mask and all, came in because of Coentrao's imjury, but that doesn't mean Lass is set at RB. Albiol has played RB several times before at Valencia, and a few times with Madrid and NT. Carvalho also has played there a few times and so apparently has Altintop. And you have said they are looking at Varane at RB. So I still say we need another RB to back-up Arbeloa with Ramos at CB.

Ramos won't play every game at CB, some of those he will still be the starting RB and of course he may also get the occasional day off. But we are a little exposed at RB and therefore we have the luxury of having 5 reserve players with some experience there. It makes sense that Mou will have a look at all of them. He also has next year to worry about as well since Carvajal is still a couple of years away.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 pm

We'll see Bill. Albiol was available to start at RB against Lyon and Mou went with Lass. Maybe he'll go with Albiol this time... given that Mou was satisfied with Lass' performance, it would be surprising.

Are you getting upset because your Spanish lads have a hard time breaking into the team? Seems like it lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 pm

No it's just that I don't like Lass.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm

futbol_bill wrote:No it's just that I don't like Lass.

I know. I'm teasing you a bit. I don't like Lass' attitude either. Why do you think he never, ever gets called up to France NT regardless of the injuries, suspensions, etc. Blanc doesn't want him near the group until he checks his ego a bit... hasn't happened yet. Maybe Mou can get him to. I personally don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Whats with you two and the nationalist ribbing lol. All I can say is that Spain-France in the WC is gonna create sparks. Very Happy

Anyway, I dont think we need RB. Apparently, Ramos doesnt like CB and wants to play on the right. Arbeloa should start, Ramos should back up, as 3rd backup who will still play a few games, Lass/Altintop/Albiol. But I would prefer Carvajal.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Does everything... defend, pass, dribble. Blanc and him went at it as Blanc begged him to move there permanently and Lass said "no. i'm a midfielder.". So he was left off France NT.

Now you see him at RB just dominating in every way. Can be stop being stupid and understand people actually are trying to help him?

Unbelievable game so far.

Lass is a boss RB - Page 2 282-mother-of-god
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I dont really know why people always overrate Lass ,
every time he has the ball , i know that our attack is over and its time for their counter, he always loss the ball easily , he cant even make a good pass.

camparing between him and Alvaro is simply INSANE.
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 am

I also watched the game and thought he was outstanding as well.

RB has always been his best position IMO. Even in his Chelsea days.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Apparently he prefers playing in midfield. He also doesn't want to renew this year and wants to leave on a free next year and join an EPL side.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Finally, we are free of this cancer.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Nameless wrote:Finally, we are free of this cancer.

I believe he's with us for one more year.

Also your labeling him a cancer? really? Come on now, lets have some respect. Millions die from cancer
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2