Ranieri: Inter-Juve not decisive

3 posters

Go down

Ranieri: Inter-Juve not decisive  Empty Ranieri: Inter-Juve not decisive

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Inter will still be in the Scudetto race even if they fail to beat Juventus on Saturday. “This is not our last chance,” said boss Claudio Ranieri.

Leaders Juve could move 11 points clear of the Nerazzurri with a victory at San Siro, but Ranieri has underlined that the championship won’t be won this weekend.

“There will be another 84 points on offer after Saturday’s game, while Milan won the title last season with 82…

“This game is not our last opportunity,” he noted. “We will get back to the top of the table and we’ll fight for the championship. I believe and my players believe.”

The Derby d’Italia is one of the most eagerly anticipated clashes of the season, but Ranieri, who has a Juventus past, is treating it like any other game.

“I may have coached them, but it feels normal to face Juventus. It’s worth three points like the other games. And I want the three points, three important points.

“They're a great side and we'll make sure we're concentrated when we play them, that's all.

“When I was at Juventus, Inter were seen as an opponent. All I'll say is that matches against Inter are considered by Juve as more important than the local derby against Torino.”

La Vecchia Signora are now bossed by Antonio Conte and Ranieri has congratulated him on his work so far.

“He's doing an excellent job, both in motivating the players and with the technical aspects,” the former Roma tactician noted.

“He's switching from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2, getting them to play good football – they're quick, practical, efficient. We must remain extremely focused when we face them.

“Juventus are in good health. They haven’t won for many years and they are hungry, but we want to demonstrate that we haven’t lost our appetite either.

“The fans can stay calm as we are having some marvellous training sessions.”

Ranieri was also inevitably asked about the controversial penalty decisions, five so far, going against them in Serie A.

“At this rate we’ll concede 25 penalties by the end of the season. Things have to change and the referees have to be more alert.

“In the last 10 years only Parma and Roma had conceded so many penalties at the start of a season.”

Turning to team news, Ranieri said: “Thiago Motta felt something in training so he’ll be back against Lille.

“Wesley Sneijder is well, while Diego Milito knows he’s going through a bad spell. He still might play though.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ranieri: Inter-Juve not decisive  Empty Re: Ranieri: Inter-Juve not decisive

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:40 pm

I swear every big game is declared "not decisive" by the manager or managers.

They're afraid to say it is then lose. Razz
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:06 pm

TomJuve wrote:I swear every big game is declared "not decisive" by the manager or managers.

They're afraid to say it is then lose. Razz

exactly

it is a mistake if you raise expectation on something because if you lose it; your confidence will brake

you need to be prepared to lose; so the fail attack to have less power on your confidence

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down