tonger
Cruijf
Ganso
baresi
Grande_Milano
nicholasmenger
11 posters

Go down

What's up with our defence?... Empty What's up with our defence?...

Post by nicholasmenger Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Kinda worrying me. 2 clean sheets out of 8 games. 12 goals conceded in 8 games (this ones terrifying by the way). Last year we conceded 24 all season. We're already halfway there. Abbiati doesn't seem to have the swagger of last season. He's making some blatant mistakes.. and far too many of them. Our defensive lineups cohesion and understanding seems to be lacking a little. Our DM role doesn't seem to be working out as well either.

I'll start with Abbiati. I've always liked him, but I think if I see him bobble/drop a ball or get beat at his near post again then Amelia should get a shout. What's he there for any if not to add competition in that position? Abbiati should be good with that. He's fought for his spot before.

Defensively, selections aside.. something needs to be done in training to create a better understanding between the players. We've leaked some weak goals due to poor marking or other misunderstandings. Gotta sharpen that up.

And our defensive mid spot is up for grabs. MVB isn't looking quite up to last years standards yet. Unfortunatly, Ambro doesn't seem up for it yet either and Gattuso/Flamini being out limits our options. Nailing down some authority in that spot would do us a lot of favors.

I'll take goals and wins in most any fashion, but we should all know defense wins championships. Gotta sort this stuff out. It's sketchy.
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

What's up with our defence?... Empty Re: What's up with our defence?...

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Nesta and TS do the job done, but I noticed Alessandro kinda in ok, but not in his wc form. Also we ve been playing Bonera and Yepes recently. Antonini played part too.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm

In the 5 games TS and Nesta have started so far we've leaked 8 goals. Not saying it's their fault by any means, but it shows something isn't right.
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 pm

I would say more of whats up with our defencive system, I think it's more about the entire system not indivisuals, midfielders effort as well.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

there are absolutely no problems with Nesilva.Abitatti has underperformed though imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 am

Ganso wrote:there are absolutely no problems with Nesilva.Abitatti has underperformed though imo

I have to agree here. Of the 12 we've conceded, 6-7 have been either Abbiati's Antonini's, or Yepes' fault. Nesilva are still solid, even if they're not at the out of this world heights of last season.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 am

abbiati is obviously at fault for many goals, he acknowledge himself.... also mvb has not been as solid as second half of last season, and the fact nocerino and aquilani or seedorf or urby have all be pushing more upfield, which leaves more holes in the back. unlike the combo we had last season with more gattuso, more flamini more ambro, who are all very defensively minded.

i still hope abbiati recovers form, but he isnt getting younger, so a good young keeper is needed eventually, sooner rather than later.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:36 am

Defending is a system, and it's only as strong as its weakest link... Bonera hasn't copped enough flak in this thread so I'm starting now. Abbiati underperforming has been a factor too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:50 am

We haven't played tactically well and thus has resulted in teams exploiting our flaws and mistakes.

Also Gattuso & Flamini's absence is a factor as well.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:54 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Defending is a system, and it's only as strong as its weakest link... Bonera hasn't copped enough flak in this thread so I'm starting now. Abbiati underperforming has been a factor too.

One of the reasons Abbiati's record was so impressive last season was because Nilva was in unstoppable form and he, subsequently, had loss shots to deal with. But since Bonera, Antonini and a (mostly) out of form midfield in front of him, he's had to deal with more shots and in turn, has increased his chances of conceding goals

Once our defence starts to click again, I guarantee Abbiati will improve
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

we made a great amount of individual mistakes that led to goals (udinese, juve, lecce etc.) and at times some very appalling defending (lazio, napoli) and like ninja said, we havent been playing tactically well, which is very uncharacteristic for allegris milan.

and honestly, i dont really think that itll be easy to sort these problems out cause a lot of our players look totally out of shape and given their age, it takes them lots of time to recover.

i pity nesta the most... he seemed to have aged like 10 years in the space of 2 months...

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:00 am

4 reasons quite simply:

1-T.silva hasn't been himself this season IMO, i don't know, maybe it's fatique after an amazing season last year or just a dip in form but he's currently not as good as he was last year. still a solid defender though..

2-MVB has been terrible this season IMO and i've been saying this for a while now, he lacks focus and makes far too many mistakes, a quality replacement is needed...

3-whenever crap like bonera, antonini and dead meat zambrotta do feature in our backline!, do i really need to explain??

4-abiatti has been extremely error prone this season and ypu always wonder if he's going to catch the next ball or if it's going to slip through his hands??, i do however think this is a temporary thing...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:29 am

Fadi wrote:4 reasons quite simply:

1-T.silva hasn't been himself this season IMO, i don't know, maybe it's fatique after an amazing season last year or just a dip in form but he's currently not as good as he was last year. still a solid defender though..

2-MVB has been terrible this season IMO and i've been saying this for a while now, he lacks focus and makes far too many mistakes, a quality replacement is needed...

3-whenever crap like bonera, antonini and dead meat zambrotta do feature in our backline!, do i really need to explain??

4-abiatti has been extremely error prone this season and ypu always wonder if he's going to catch the next ball or if it's going to slip through his hands??, i do however think this is a temporary thing...

I agree with all of this. TS will get back to his best soon though, not that he's been bad this season, he's just been not up to his extremely high standards.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down