Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Cyborg Sat May 24, 2014 5:39 pm

the best

the absolute best. was the best player in the second half alongside di maria, modric and isco

Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Onyx Sat May 24, 2014 5:40 pm

This is why we should keep both Coentrao and Marcelo. Both played their part in the CL this year and both provide something different. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 24, 2014 6:07 pm

He's a real leader imo. I love Marcelo, I always have even when everyone else didn't I always knew he'd come up big for this club. He cried today like he was born 10 meters from the Bernabeu.

What a legend and he's one that grew up with us. So proud and happy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 24, 2014 7:05 pm

agreed; both coentrao and marcelo need to be kept...they have a yin and yang about them.....good goal for marcelo, a goal at the grandest stage. even our greatest left back roberto carlos never scored a goal at a ucl final.....marcelo should still work more on his fitness though
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 24, 2014 10:28 pm

he was a major spark that lead to better play in the second half. and like zeal said- absolute leader.

true madridista

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:02 pm

what does dunga have against marcelo?

marcelo got no call up yet dunga was mandated to only call up brazilians in europe.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Dunga already called him up, he is just 3rd or 4th in the pecking order
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Ganso wrote:Dunga already called him up, he is just 3rd or 4th in the pecking order

so why is he so far down the pecking order.

it is not as simple as the other are just better players. ?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:59 pm

the other LBs are just better than him

we haven't conceded a single goal since Alves and Marcelo got kicked out, nobody misses Marcelo tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 am

Why isn't our entire squad 3rd or 4th choice in their respective NTs ffs. I have these fecking international breaks.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:18 am

Marcelo recently took to answering question asked him on Facebook. The Brazilian defender, among other things, told of his desire to keep playing for 'Los Blancos'.

Which person has most inspired you?
"My father has always been my inspiration".

When did you start playing football?
"I reckon it was when I was 4 or 5 years old".

What is your favourite memory with Real?
"I have many, but of course a big one is 'La Décima'. However, it's not easy to pick just one out".

Who is your best friend at Real?
"I get on well with all my teammates".

How long will you stay at Real for?
"I'm very happy in this team and want to play for this club until I retire".

Will Real get the triple this season?
"This club always has to fight for all the titles and that is what we are always trying to do. We are all out to bring joy to our fans, that's our main goal".

What's your favourite goal that you have scored?
"They're all special, but a really good one is the one I scored in the Champions League final. I remember them all dearly".

Who should win the Ballon d'Or?
"Without a doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who is the best player in the world?
"Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who's the fastest, Bale or Cristiano?
"I am" (laughs).

What is your favourite film?
"I, Robot".

What is the secret to always be smiling?
"To have health, family, friends and love your work".
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Who should win the Ballon d'Or?
"Without a doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who is the best player in the world?
"Cristiano Ronaldo".

lmao Proud dat strong team spirit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:37 pm

if or rather when a time comes, when other players in the team start beasting and getting as much recognition, and get stated as candidates for this "award".....i just hope it will not hamper the team spirit that the club has worked so hard to build
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:05 am

Maybe Ronaldo will be satisfied after he wins this one, and won't mind others winning it after him. (not like he's showing any signs of slowing down though).
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:19 am

How highly do you rate his first half of the season? IMO he's been one of our best and most consistent 3 players. I don't reckon him having a bad game this season. Even defensively he has been a rock.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Called up by Dunga for the international break :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:08 pm

I could swear I saw Marcelo get nutmegged today
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:58 pm

no match-day thread for our game (loss) against athletic? sigh carlo and company throwing away yet another potential title....ridiculous
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 am

titosantill wrote:no match-day thread for our game (loss) against athletic? sigh carlo and company throwing away yet another potential title....ridiculous

Yeah, this section of the forum seems to be pretty dead Razz Good thing I missed the game. My blood pressure can't take another uninspired performance in the league, let alone another loss.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:52 am

Real Madrid defender Marcelo has stressed that the Santiago Bernabeu side refuse to throw in the towel in the race for the Liga title irrespective of their 2-1 loss against Barcelona on Sunday.

Goals from Jeremy Mathieu and Luis Suarez either side of a Cristiano Ronaldo strike gave the Blaugrana the points in a tense affair at Camp Nou.

Carlo Ancelotti's men are now four points behind the Catalans in the table, but Marcelo has made it clear they will keep fighting to catch their rivals again right until the end.

"We are never going to give in, we are going to keep battling and be aware of our faults so that we do not make them again," Marcelo told the official Madrid website.

"Now we do not depend on ourselves and it is more difficult, but we are going to fight on until the end.

"We played better in some parts of the game and we had more possession than Barcelona in the first half and at the beginning of the second half, but in the end they were better.

"It was a key game where we could have gone ahead of them, but there are games left and we are going to keep fighting."

Yesterday he was the only one trying in the last 20 minutes Crying or Very sad
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Our future LB :wub:

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 10952359_434200553411596_544996427904371070_n
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:42 am

Any updates on his injury ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:11 am

Marcelo spoke to Realmadrid.com and Realmadrid TV in his first interview following the extension of his contract until 2020. The Brazilian joined the club in the winter transfer window during the 2006-07 season and at just 27 years of age is now a fan favourite with the Whites' supporters: “I'll always fight to get this club to the heights it deserves to reach. In my mind all I think about is winning everything all over again. Just seeing the Real Madrid crest motivates me in each training session”.

I imagine you are happy to have extended your contract.
I'm delighted because I've fulfilled one of my objectives, which was to stay with Real Madrid for as long as possible. I'm living the dream. People all over the world know how great this team is. Putting on this jersey is incredible.

What does this contract extension mean for you?
It's a dream come true because in order to play for Real Madrid you have to reach a very high level. I fought very hard to join Real Madrid and achieve everything I've achieved. When you have to fight in order to get something that's difficult to attain and you then manage to succeed, that's especially satisfying.

Who comes to your mind at a moment like this?
My family, of course. I think about my grandfather, who always believed in me and, as you already know, he has played a hugely important in my life, and above all else I think about my wife and son. They have always helped me to achieve my dreams.

What does Marcelo mean for the Real Madrid supporters?
I don't know what all the fans think. I said before that I feel like an academy graduate because I came here when I was 18 and now I'm 27. During these years, Real Madrid has given me everything and I've been allowed to get on with enjoying my football. I'm extremely proud because being at this club is an enormous responsibility.

You have already played over 300 games with Real Madrid.
Just seeing the Real Madrid crest motivates me in each training session. My aim is to continue playing and to keep winning with a team like this. I'll continue fighting to ensure that Real Madrid reaches the heights the club deserves.

You have already started training with Benítez.
We've met up already and all the players are ready to get the season underway and pick up titles. We have to get ourselves ready well during the preseason.

You have won everything with this team. What is there left to do?
In my mind all I think about is winning everything all over again. I want to win everything with this team. I give it my all in each training session in order to be at my best for each match. We have been given a unique opportunity by playing for Real Madrid.

How do you remember the moment you kissed the crest right after winning la Décima?
For me and for many people around the world, that sums up everything about Real Madrid. This is a great club. Putting on the Real Madrid jersey, getting to the Champions League final, scoring and then winning is a string of events that would leave anyone speechless. It's as if there was a movie playing in my head showing me all the struggles I had to go through to eventually play for Real Madrid and win titles. That was a really special moment.

What has Real Madrid given you?
I've been allowed to enjoy my football and get to experience the best the game has to offer thanks to the enormity of this team across the globe.

What message do you have for the Real Madrid supporters?
Everyone knows that I give my all for the Real Madrid crest. We are going to continue fighting every season and in each match to keep the fans happy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 7d5b4cf3-3e22-40af-b2bf-e3384a30815f

:wub:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 am

The 2006-2007 season saw the lights go out on the Real Madrid career of superstar Roberto Carlos. He left the club in the summer of 2007 after 11 campaigns. A few months earlier the Whites prepared for his departure by bringing in another Brazilian, a talented 18-year-old by the name of Marcelo.

Nine years later and Marcelo has proved himself to be a worthy successor to Carlos. He rules Real Madrid's left flank just like his legendary compatriot used to. Together they have starred in two decades of Brazilian reign at left-back and built a samba super highway along that flank.

And the duo do not just share their nationality: their careers at Real Madrid also bear a number of similarities. They even arrived under the same manager, ten years apart: Fabio Capello.

They have won almost the same trophies, they have played almost the same number of seasons, they have both been captains and they are the foreigners to have worn the white of Real Madrid on most occasions. They are also two of the best-value signings in the history of the club. Carlos cost 3.6 million euros and Marcelo 6m.

The attacking football they play also unites them. Carlos was a handful, frighteningly quick and boasting a cannon of a left foot that notched up 67 goals - an outrageous statistic for a defender. Marcelo is of a similar vein. Less explosive, but possessing pace and skill in abundance which make him a key component in attack. His 25 goals are not to be sniffed at, either.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next